Commit to get fit and lean for Jan. 6, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I feel much better today:D I don't nap, but took one yesterday! I had no energy!

I will do45 min. cardio and abs today! Maybe I will go to the gym:eek: It is very cold outside -12 Grad!

Iris** nice job with PS legs + SM! I love PS legs, gets me every time!

Debbie** nice job at the gym! I also go to the gym once in awhile, just to change things up! How was your turkey chili last night? I will not eat any beans for a while, I felt like crap yesterday!

Cookie** I did had a great workout yesterday! Good for you buying the dessert instead of making it and eating it! I hope they fix your internet soon! Mine is acting up too! Have fun with IMAX 3 today!

Lori and Amelia what are your plans for today?

Hi to Kristine, Trish, and Cheryl! How are you doing?

Have a great workout and day! Remember eat clean:p

Good Morning!

I definitely have some DOMS today!! I hit some personal bests yesterday....( and the other day with biceps as well)....it's been a good week all around! Today is PS shoulders....I hateee working shoulders...:confused: And then a 30 min. ( fill in the blank)? I don't know what cardio I feel like doing....

Belinda- What cardio did you end up doing?

Cookie- I definitely like the Stretchmaxes...especially the one with the Band...I do it frequently..in fact I don't even need to follow it right now, I have it memorized....lol

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Got to involved with christmas decorations and party planning. I got my workout in but it was later when I did. Right now I don't feek any DOMS but that may change.:rolleyes: So I did PS and BM2 back and bics and a 6 mile run in 53 mins.

Todays workout is cardio....opppp...no time for personnals,DS is gone upstairs!

BBL!
Lori:)

Hey girls

Today im doing a 40 min powerwalk and thats about it...besides laundry:rolleyes:

Belinda-enjoy your workout

Iris-High fives on the Doms!

Lori-Have a great workout

Cookie-High fives on avoiding those desserts yesterday have fun with your workout today!

hey to everybody!:) BBL

Workout is done. 40mins on the treadmill and burned 236 cals. 2.3 miles,not bad. I noticed while the powerwalk my HR stayed at around 115-122 for me,thats fat burning range(if one exist,lol) hopefully it worked:D

later gators!

Howdy girls!

I didn't have a chance to check in yesterday, but it was only a rest day so you didn't miss much. Today I did BM2 Cardio Blast since last week I did all low impact cardio. I modified a few moves but still got my heart rate up pretty good. I got my hrm yesterday...I love it! It claims I burned 488 calories this morning:D

Hey Belinda - Great wo today!! I try to grab a nap whenever I can...as a matter of fact, as soon as I finish typing this up, I'm headed for a snooze;)

Iris - How do you like the PS workouts? I could have sworn I bought it a few months ago off ebay, but that doesn't seem to be the case:confused: I think I am losing it. ^5s on the DOMs.

Lori - Great job on your wo yesterday. Enjoy your cardio today.

Amelia - WTG on your powerwalk;) I noticed that my heart rate was only in the fat burning range for about 8 mins!!! Do you notice different results physically (i.e. drop inches quicker) when you stay in the fat burn range rather than the fitness range? I'm so excited with my hrm...I feel so informed:rolleyes:.

Debbie - Welcome to the check-in!

Hey to Kristine, Cheryl and Cookie!

BBL

Hi girls,

Just a quick check in!

Iris nice job on your DOMS! I love SM with the bands too, it’s my favorite. What cardio did you end up doing?

Lori WTG on PS and BM2 back and bics and a 6 mile run. You will get some DOMS later, I am sure! Have fun with your cardio today!

Amelia nice job with your 40 min powerwalk today! How did you figure 115-122 is in your fat burning zone? My HR is defiantly higher, maybe I am to high? That is interesting? I need a HR monitor soon!

Trish awesome job with BM2 Cardio cardio Blast! That one is fun, isn’t it? Nice cal. burn! What HR monitor do you have? I am so getting one too! I don’t know how much cal. I burn? That is sad! I usually don’t nap, I can’t sleep for some reason! Hope you get a nice nap in!

Big Hallo's to Cookie, Cheryl, Kristine, Iris and Debbie!

Talk to you soon!:eek:

Hi everyone,

Today I took a spin class and hope to do ab's tonight. I took care of all of my Christmas exchanges & returns today. I'm glad that's over with.

Belinda -- Low max is so much fun.

Iris -- Nice workout.

Lori -- Great time on your run.

Amelia -- Nice long powerwalk.

Cookie -- For Christmas I made some cookie recipes I found on Cathe's website and they were so good.

Trish -- I'm lost without my HRM. I need to look at the directions and use it to get a calorie count.

Be back tomorrow.
Debbie

Howdy girls!

I didn't have a chance to check in yesterday, but it was only a rest day so you didn't miss much. Today I did BM2 Cardio Blast since last week I did all low impact cardio. I modified a few moves but still got my heart rate up pretty good. I got my hrm yesterday...I love it! It claims I burned 488 calories this morning:D

Hey Belinda - Great wo today!! I try to grab a nap whenever I can...as a matter of fact, as soon as I finish typing this up, I'm headed for a snooze;)

Iris - How do you like the PS workouts? I could have sworn I bought it a few months ago off ebay, but that doesn't seem to be the case:confused: I think I am losing it. ^5s on the DOMs.

Lori - Great job on your wo yesterday. Enjoy your cardio today.

Amelia - WTG on your powerwalk;) I noticed that my heart rate was only in the fat burning range for about 8 mins!!! Do you notice different results physically (i.e. drop inches quicker) when you stay in the fat burn range rather than the fitness range? I'm so excited with my hrm...I feel so informed:rolleyes:.

Debbie - Welcome to the check-in!

Hey to Kristine, Cheryl and Cookie!

BBL

back before i fell off the wagon i did notice a difference. I lost 7lbs in about 6weeks doing two circuits workouts a week, two run intervals a week, then two powerwalks a week...and one rest day.

I think it was the combination of the intervals and the short powerwalks that really helped. I love my HRM too....LOl at your comment,i too feel so informed!

Hi girls,

Just a quick check in!

Iris nice job on your DOMS! I love SM with the bands too, it’s my favorite. What cardio did you end up doing?

Lori WTG on PS and BM2 back and bics and a 6 mile run. You will get some DOMS later, I am sure! Have fun with your cardio today!

Amelia nice job with your 40 min powerwalk today! How did you figure 115-122 is in your fat burning zone? My HR is defiantly higher, maybe I am to high? That is interesting? I need a HR monitor soon!

Trish awesome job with BM2 Cardio cardio Blast! That one is fun, isn’t it? Nice cal. burn! What HR monitor do you have? I am so getting one too! I don’t know how much cal. I burn? That is sad! I usually don’t nap, I can’t sleep for some reason! Hope you get a nice nap in!

Big Hallo's to Cookie, Cheryl, Kristine, Iris and Debbie!

Talk to you soon!:eek:

When i got my HRM it came with a computer disc that told me to measure my resting heart rate in the morning,before i got out of bed. With that information I was able to figure out my fat burning zone on the dis.(which is about 60-70% of my maximum HR)

I also noticed the other day while doing Cardio and weights my HR would get in the 170's(90-100% of my max HR),which for me is way to high and uncomfortable so i would have to take about thirty or so seconds to bring it back down agian before finishing. Its says in my nike book to not workout at this level for very long.....and once i took a break and brought it down agian,it wouldn't be long before it was up there agian. I took that as a sign of overtraining:confused:

Hi everyone,

Today I took a spin class and hope to do ab's tonight. I took care of all of my Christmas exchanges & returns today. I'm glad that's over with.

Belinda -- Low max is so much fun.

Iris -- Nice workout.

Lori -- Great time on your run.

Amelia -- Nice long powerwalk.

Cookie -- For Christmas I made some cookie recipes I found on Cathe's website and they were so good.

Trish -- I'm lost without my HRM. I need to look at the directions and use it to get a calorie count.

Be back tomorrow.
Debbie

Great job with your spin class Debbie! I too am glad the holidays are over!

Have a great night ladies!

Just popped in to say good night....

Belinda - I never did get that nap in :( I'll try again on the weekend. I bought the Polar FT40. It seems pretty easy to use so far, but I'll see what all it can do over the next week or so. The funny thing is that the amount of calories it reported were the same as what caloriecount.com spit out when I put in my activity and length of time, give or take 5 calories.

Debbie - Wow, spin class...that's a big calorie burner! How long have you been doing it? I looked into it a while back, but my ortho surgeon didn't think it would be good for me..I have bum knees. What kind of hrm do you use?

Amelia - Now that I think about it, over the summer I walked about 2 miles to work most days and probably stayed closer to a fat burn heart rate. I did see good results with that. I may have to add in a walk or two when the weather is not too cold/messy.

Allrighty, girls, I'm off to bed -toodles.

Well, better late than never, right?
Belinda, I did have fun with Imax 3, thank you. Sounds like you enjoyed LowMax. Did you enjoy those abs? I don't mind when they are done. How are you feeling now?
Amelia and Trish, do you keep track of your workouts and your stats? For a while I used to do that. My hrm would do this and then I'd download it to the computer, it was interesting to keep track of improvement and changes. Now though I just use the watch and hardly ever wear the monitor! Had a lot of fun playing around with it, and felt like I learned a lot.
Iris, okay I'll have to pull it out and try it again. Believe it or not, it has been so long, I even forgot about the band one! Thanks for reminding me.
Lori, do you have doms yet? I didn't get any, and I'm rather disappointed. Isn't that stupid. But I feel like I worked hard and should have something.
Trish, lol about you and PS. It is a great dvd. Can't believe I would ever follow a video to do weights, let alone own a selection of them.
Amelia, how is work?
Debbie, I've heard such wonderful things about spinning. One of my colleagues is an instructor, and he's always encouraging me to try it. Just need to make the time. How long have you been doing it?
Well, I'm really sleeping, so good night.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.