Commit to get fit and lean for Jan 13, 2009

Hi again,

back with personals!:D

Amelia** Great cal. burn yesterday! I still haven’t figured my HR monitor out, I feel like a dummy! BTW, I posted that recipe a while back, lol! I will post the recipe!

Lori** hope your heart burn is better today! Your co worker sounds like a piece of work, doesn’t she?

Debbie** what is a Will, power & grace" class? Sounds interesting!

Kristine** I hope you get a workout in today, slacker! LOL! Hope you had fun yesterday!

Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry
1 lb large shrimp , peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 green peppers , seeded, inner ribs removed and cut into strips
2 red peppers , seeded, inner ribs removed, and cut into strips
2 garlic cloves , minced
1/2 cup white wine (have a glass while cooking if you need to unwhine)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
hot sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice

Directions
1 - Toss shrimp with Cajun spice seasoning and set aside.

2- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet and saute' peppers for 6 minutes over medium-high heat.

3 - Turn heat down and add minced garlic, stirring constantly so that garlic doesn't burn.

4- Remove peppers and garlic from pan, wipe pan out with paper towel.

5 -Return pan to medium-high heat, and heat remaining tsp of oil.

6 - Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently.

7 -Add wine (don't forget about yours) and lemon juice, peppers and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.

8 - Season with hot sauce; serve each portion over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice

BTW! DH loves that recipe! It’s from the Clean Eating Magazine! Enjoy! It’s healthy and light and of course very yummy! :p:p

Later today I will post another healthy recipe, that recipe is so fast and yummy! Even though it didn’t have any meat, DH loved it! I am a vegetarian, DH loves meat! LOL! By the time you cook your noodles, dinner is done, my kind of recipe!

Gotta run! BBL after my workout!:rolleyes:

Good Morning!:)

How is everyone? Im up early to get my workout in before work again:) Yippeeee!;) I'd rather be sleeping:eek::) I went to bed early though so I can't complain, I got alot more sleep then I am use to.

Todays workout is cardio, so I think I am going to run on the TM. Im not sure where the Ipod is though. I have a feeling that its in DD's room where my dad is sleeping! He will probably be up soon.

My boss told me to do up my schedule last night....so I did! It looks great to me but I don't think the partitmers realize how few hours they are going to be getting. By the time I put in my 168 hours for Feb month and my coworker put in her's, there was only 114 for two people to share. I don't think they realize how bad their paychecks are going to look:eek: My boss told me yesterday that I was going to be getting fulltime hours...so thats that. I can't settle for any less, I have bills to pay and the life we have built revolves around a certain income.

I had some CRAZY heart burn yesterday and even when I woke up at 2'ish to roll over I could feel it. I bet its going to come back today:confused: I guess i will have to take gaviscon to work with me:D

Belinda** Have fun with your workout! yes, my coworker is a real winner. She is only 21 or so...and I think she tricked her BF into getting her pregnant. She told me in Aug that she was pregnant (but don't tell anyone:confused:) and was 6 weeks preggo. I didn't hear anything about it for a while so in Oct I asked her how many weeks she was and she said 9! So how do you only gain 3 weeks in 2 monthes? I think she told him that she was pregnant when she wasn't and somewhere along the way she got pregnant b/c he already thought that she was:eek: can you imagine???

Im going to catch up on personals!

Lori:)

Debbie** PB and crackers does sound good! Atleast it was something good for you. When I am starving I have a bad habit of eating things with no value at all! I mean ZIP...ZERO!:rolleyes: Its whatever can take the pain away the fastest:eek: We still haven't decided on a price range yet. I need to call my friends husband and ask him how much $ does he think we will need. We just built a home 2 yrs ago and this yr we need to get the driveway paved. Last yr the quote was $8250!:mad: We are hoping with the price of everything else going down, that that will drop as well:) We soon need to make up our minds!

Kristine** Well...top priority today should be a workout:p Have you ever doen weights with Heidi in the room? I can pull it off most times. But when I get up to get another weight, he usually climbs up on my step and won't get off.

Ameila** I meant to ask you when is your next WI? My sister lost 9 lbs this week on WW! Can you beleive it? So they took 3 points from her:rolleyes: Points she probably wasn't suppose to have anyway considering that she weighed herself with her clothes on in the night time...who does that? I think she did it to get more points!:confused:

Have a good day and I will BBL!

Good morning girls,

I am done with Hardcore Extreme Interval Blast minus the leg blast:p

Had a nice sweat fest going on! Sorry, no time for personals! I promise I will be back!

My best to all,

Belinda** Sounds like you had a good workout!:) Now that we have a new dvd player...with remote...I should be able to do whatever workouts I want. I haven't been able to find the remote to my dvd player in ages! Some dvds I can press play and they will play (but no premixes) and then there are others (like LM) that just keep going to intro. Drives me crazy!

I did a 4.5 mile run ( 40 mins) and B&G ab work!

BBL!

Lori-LOL at your sister WI with her clothes on to get more points...congrats on her weightloss. Im trying not to wi until feburary first. It sjust to distrating to me to be on the scale everyday...if its down,then i would be happy but if its not i would be ill all day. Id rather not know. As long as I keep up with my calories...I should be ok.

Belinda-Thanks for posting the recipe...i love shrimp(its actually the only shell type seafood that i will eat:confused:) . I've never cooked with wine before:)o) what kind do you use for the recipe? Can i use the cooking wine that they sell in the grocery store?

Hey to everybody that follows! Today is cardio and abb workout(i may change my mind though and do a Cathe fullbody,not sure yet) Ive been doing good with my calories...very proud of myself. Ive discovered that even if i do go over with them....i just don't count my calories burn....it all even's out at the end. If I don't get some results on the first then i will start counting half of my calories burned:)

later gators!

Good Morning Ladies...

Just a quick check-in...doing PUB Shoulders/MM Shoulders + IMAX 3...unfortunately I'm having some trouble with my calves....they ache constantly....i don't know what that could be, it's been going on for a while, but it seems to get progressively worse :( We'll see what happens, I don't want to go to the doctor because we all know what she'll say!!! "Don't work out, take pain killers"....*sigh*

Hopefully I'll BBL for personals!

Good Morning girls,

My son hit a parked car in our neighborhood on his way to school this morning. He's ok but lots of damage to his car. My husband's with him filling out a police report. Ugh!! What a way to start a day.

BBL with personals.

Iris-are you getting a good stretch after your workouts? My calvs hurt so bad if I forget to stretch them(hurt when i walk)

Debbie-How awful...thankgoodness you son was ok. I hope your day gets better:(

still no workout..been coloring with ds and doing some cleaning. Ive got my workout cloths laying on the bed though,LOL. Ok,time to go and put them on and get it over with. I decided on doing a 30min cardio(Chris Freytage,drop it in 30) and then one of Cathe's LB workouts...im thinking MM! BBL

Good morning ladies,

Yes, top priority today is a workout (thanks Lori). Well, I had a rough night last night or should I say Heidi did. She has a cough since 4 weeks and it started to get worse again, so I called the Dr. yesterday and he told me what cough medicine to get. Anyway, so last night around 10.30 pm she started coughing really hard for like 30 minutes and because of that she started throwing up, poor thing!!!! So we got her and everything else cleaned up and here she goes again. So I put her under the warm shower and that finally stopped her coughing. It was 1.30 am before we got in bed :eek:.

She is doing good this morning, still coughing, but not so intense, thank goodness.

I am finishing my coffee and computer time and when I will hit the treadmill.

Ok, I might be back later
Kristine :)

Kristine-How awful...sorry you DD is coughing so bad, coughing always scares me to death. Especially those deep coughs...I hope she gets to feeling better,and sleeps through night agian!

My workout is done...did cardio for 25mins then MM LB premix and I burned a total of 405 cals. Not bad...im still in my sweaty workout clothes so I will bbl

Hey, I got 45 minutes on the treadmill in, I am excited!!! And Heidi even took an one hour nap today, yeah!

Hi,

Belinda - Thanks for the recipe. The instructor calls Will Power & Grace a pilates meets bootcamp workout (standing dance lunges & squats). My legs are so sore today.

Lori - Will you be working full-time with the pregnant co-worker? Should be interesting. I also found that its better to get 2 or 3 price quotes for work needed around the house.

Ameila - I also ended up doing Muscle Max today.

Iris - I hope your calves feel better.

Kristine - Good job getting your workout in . . . hope your daughter feels better.

I found out the reason my son had the accident was because he didn't take all of the ice off of his windshield. I am so mad and him especially since he wasn't hurt.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.