Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 5, 2010

Good Morning!:)

I set my alarm for 6 b/c my coworker wanted to know if I could do a flight that was coming at 6:30. I checked the flight tracker before I went to bed and time of arrival was more like 4:40! I wasn't about to do that. I'm glad when she asked I said "but if its earlier then 6, you can do it right"? She may have just assumed that I would have did it no matter what time. So when I got up at 6 it was already here and getting ready to leave according to the computer. I did not want to have to go and do that this early!

So the new owners were a no show yesterday. Apparently they did some traveling on Thurs and by the time they got home it was 11 and the old man was to tired to travel yesterday. The owner is in his 70's and looks and acts every bit of it. So guess whose coming today on MY shift:confused:? Although we are suppose to get some nasty weather today, High winds and 25-30 cms of snow!:( I knew it was coming, just a matter of time.

I was home alone last night so I got on the TM again for another 3.5 miles. Todays workout will just be another cardio. I guess another run. Not really in the mood to do anything else.

Belinda** Enjoy your rest day. I'm not surprised that there is nothing wrong with your heart. If there was it had all of us fooled!:eek:

Iris** Ugh...sorry to hear you have a stomach bug! Sounds like a 24 hr thing though, that's all it usually amounts to. Long enough I'd say. Hopefully you will feel alot better today.

Trish** So you called your workout quits after 15 mins....LOL I have done that a few times. Felt like doing it yesterday b/c there was way to many interuptions. Its just so hard to workout with DS around in the afternoons. He wants my attention and thats it. He wasn't being very nice to the dog either. I had to put him in the garage.

Deb** I enjoy running or kB when Im upset. I guess I feel like I am running away from something? Hopefully everything will workout. I watched Private Practice last night and the Dr's kid was pregnant....only 15 and wanted to get married:confused: I know its just a show but it happens and what would we do if it happened to us? Kids can cause alot of havic thats forsure!

PH has left me in pain! My bum, chest and tris are sore. Im not sure about the rest of me yet. It may not be awake enough!

I will bb during the day! Have a good one!

Lori:)

Morning

My workout came last night,yay(Rodney Yee's power yoga) i can't wait to preview it. Todays workout will be 30 minutes Lowmax, the recorded fittv version then some weights, haven't decided yet. I faced the scale and my eyes popped out of my head:eek: i have no comment on that;):p lets just say that im guzzling water today.

Belinda-Good news on the monitor yesterday and high fives on your workouts,very impressive girlfriend! Enjoy your rest day today,you deserve it!

Lori-Hopefully the owners will show up today and give everyone some relief! No job hunting yet,im still trying to remember to get resume envelopes,i got the ink last week but forgot the envelopes:rolleyes: I will get everything together this weekend and have 10-15 reumes ready to send monday. I have a few doctors in mind to send them too...hopefully i will get a call back. Nice workout yesterday!

Trish-Nice job on GS yesterday, how is your back and biceps today?

Debbie-How was your KB workout last night? Did you beat anyone up in your mind?;) Im not sure what the benifits of yoga are:confused: I hear its suppose to lean out your muscles and keep your mind focused. I like it because its challenges me in ways cardio & weights don't...mmm,does that make sense?:confused:

Iris-{{{{Hugs}}}}} how are you feeling this morning? So sorry to hear you were sick yesterday:( What oatmeal bake are you cooking today? Sounds good!

Helened- What is your new niece/nephew's name?

Cookie-Im with ya on the refined carbs, they affect my mood too. Ive got to clean it up today and get back on track. What workout are you doing today?

ok,think that catches me up...bbl to report my workout!

Last edited:
Ugh! The pms monster is here:mad::confused::p Or maybe its the fact that I worked out last night and again this a.m. I think the diet pepsi along with everything else I ate should do the trick! Lets hope anyway. Im not sure how much longer I will stay here. Its pretty stormy out there and of course that means no business for us. I may leave around 3:30 or so:)

I ended up doing 40 mins on the TM (which was 5 miles) and 3 seg of LIC weights. I was a little ticked while doing it b/c my mom called @ 7:30 (she was suppose to baby sit for me today) and was debating coming in b/c of the storm we are suppose to have. Her questions were " were you talking to the babysitter"? (Babysitter had a hockey tournament to go to) Then she says, "what are you doing then?" Im like..."what do you think Im doing...I have to go to work":mad: 1 hour later I haven't heard from her so I assume she is on her way....nope....she calls and said she is gonna leave but she as to be home tonight. I couldn't predict when this storm was starting or how long it was going to be for:rolleyes: So I told her not to bother. We managed to get one of the young girls who works at DH's store.I just wished she had told me last night so I could have had all of this figured out last night...not 8:30 today! My mom also asked me earlier this week if I could put a color in her hair before I went to work today! I said " what? Are you serious"? Can you imagine? Sometimes I wonder if they all think I am a machine! Prehaps I should be lazy, then no one will ask me to do anything!

Ameila** Oh...sounds like the scale may be treating you well this week!:) Gotta love it! Have fun dropping off those resumes!!!

BBL!
Lori:)

Workout done, did 40mins of LM then upper body PH + abbs, i was really burning. I previewed my workout and its the same workout i recorded on discovery health:confused: oh well,its fun and now i have it on dvd:rolleyes:

Lori-great workout,sounds like you had a very busy morning:confused:

hey to everyone..

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I put a lot into yesterday's KB workout, not sure why I don't go all out all the time:confused: My arms and legs feel like jelly (maybe looks like that too:eek:). I also went to the gym and did Zumba this morning and went all out as well. We went to the lawyer today and I am so drained. They are taking the car, so $18,000 down the drain:( We haven't even touched upon the fines yet. I had a talk with DS and I could see the tears streaming down his face. Why are lessons in life sometimes so hard:confused:

Belinda - I'm glad the news from the Dr. was good:)

Lori - I think if you tried to act lazy it would drive you crazy first:D I'm trying to figure out how many inches 25-30cms is:)

Amelia - I have this yoga DVD package with Mariel Hemmingway (maybe w/Rodney Yee?) in it and there is a 10 minute AM & PM workout that I'm thinking about doing especially for the mind part.

Iris - I hope your feeling better today. I'm thinking of trying MMA Fusion tomorrow:)

Trish - Looks like you may not get as much snow where you are. My Mom is going to get hit hard . . . thinking about going there when it stops to shovel her out but usually her neighbors help her.

Cookie - What do you have planned for the weekend?

Helene - I hope you are all caught up.

We may go out tonight for Valentine's Day since next weekend will be crazy but really not feeling it.

Have a great night everyone:)

Good Evening Ladies..

Feeling much better today, just not 100% quite yet...gonna try and get back to it tomorrow. I suffered through work somehow, and then came home and got down to making that baked oatmeal....and OMG it is so freaking good!!! I should not be alone with it.....LOL I'll eat it all....:eek:

Belinda- Hope you had a relaxing rest day!! I'm glad your tests have come back so far so good.

Lori- LOL @ your day....you've had some pretty aggravating ones lately! Hope you got to leave work early!

Amelia- Great workout today! Sorry your DVD wasn't really anything new...:confused:

Deb- Ohhh no (((hugs))) I'm so sorry to hear about the news with your DS. I hear ya on the life lessons being so hard. :( Kudo's to you for giving it all on your workouts. I sometimes wonder what kind of nutjob I would actually be if I didn't workout and practice yoga.

Hi to Cookie, Trish, and Helene.... See you girls in the morning.

Evening girls.

Well, I'm exhausted again! I managed to complete my wo this morning (CC7, 55 mins, 537 cals, 8.2 miles). I loaded PLB on my iphone to take to the gym but I was too wiped so I just skipped it. These double wos sure do add up fast! Actually, I really think the culprit is the lack of sleep. I have to try and do better next week.

Belinda - Hope you enjoyed your rest day today. I'm looking forward to rest day tomorrow and possibly Sunday, too!

Lori - Do you think your co-worker mixed up the times on that flight? Seems strange. Glad the whole sitter situation worked out for you. I know how stressful that can be. Both the girls are off the week of the 15th and I am so happy I was able to get them in the back up care center by my job. It was a huge relief.

Amelia - I am officially switching my wi day from sunday to saturday. Fingers are crossed that the scale will have something good to say! If I've gained weight it has to be muscle because I have eaten so friggin' good this week!! LOL!

Iris - Glad you are feeling better. It seems like I am getting a stomach bug/food poisoning (I can never determine which!) at least once a year. That oatmeal bake sounds delicous! I'm hoping to do some cooking this weekend. There's a slow cooker oatmeal recipe that I've had my eye on for a while. I'm all out of steal cut oats:confused:

Deb - Glad kb helped you relieve some stress. What a bummer about the car & money. It sounds like DS realizes what he did was pretty bad. Hopefully our snow will stay under a foot. I've cancelled all of my saturday plans so the most I will do is shovling.

Helen & Cookie - Hope you're both well.

I am falling asleep typing this so that is a definite sign that I need to sign off.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.