Commit to get FIT & LEAN for Feb 24, 2010

Hallo,

I am done with disc 23! Broke the case, trying to get the disc out! Weird! I also did the abs from Ab Hits " Leaner legs/ Kickbox Planks 14.5 min!

BBL!

Last edited:
Snow day, snow day, snow day!!! I'm so relieved! Think I'll read for a little bit and try to catch a nap.
Belinda, you animal! Don't you love being so strong?
I'll stop back later.
Cookie

Good morning/good night Cookie,

hope you get a good nap in;) I will take the dogs for a walk, before it starts raining again!

Waves Hi to everyone that drops by today!

Good Morning!

Alright everybody....dont freak out or die but I am taking a rest day today:p I knew it had been a while since I took one and when I went to bed last night I didnt bother setting the alarm because if DS slept in and I got some extra sleep, then that would have been great. But if he woke me up at the normal time, then I would probably do a little something. Anyway, he didnt get up until 7 so my plan is to go to work without working out. I may run to walmart though and get a yoga dvd to do tonight and some abs work....if DH watches the hockey game with his buddies. I had to check and see when my last rest day was and it was Jan 24th:eek: Almost ashamed to say that! And that has been my only rest day this year:eek::eek: Geez louise...no wonder my knees have been botherhing me and if I plan on training for this marathon I really got to take adequate rest days or I will be falling apart at the seams! Im guessing my rest days with training with be before and after my long runs.
Its easy to take a rest day when I have to work all day. Who knows...maybe I will take tomorrow to!;)

Lets see how far I can get with personals!

Belinda** Why are you breaking up your cases like that!?:confused:;) I use to be hard on cds. Didnt know I had to press that little button in the middle to get it out! LOL I would always end up breaking the cd! Oh and Im sorry Canada beat Gernmany last night. I was telling DH about my friend from Germany and he said to tell you that we were coming over for Oktoberfest and staying with you guys! LOL

Iris** I think you should jokingly invited DJ over for coffee! He was probably doing it to see what your reaction was gonna be. Got to play the game my dear!!!

Ameila** Sooooo happy that you got the place! You are gonna be a busy women the next couple of weeks. Packing and unpacking is a real treat! Is it rent to own?

Cookie** Happy to hear you have a snow day! Now that I have committed to this marathon the last thing I want to see if snow! The new sneaks are great!

Ok...I need to get in the shower. DS is feeding grapes to barney and shamu now!:rolleyes:

Lori:)

Seriously? The shop HAD to be plowed out at 5:30 this morning?? I know that DJ knows that I am (as well as my neighbors), thrilled about this....:confused: But what can ya do? Winter has finally hit! lol

Anyways...Good Morning Ladies!

Today will be D12 Legs...and the end of Meso 1!! I will do as much cardio as I can the next couple of days before I start my rest week on Saturday. And then I might focus mainly on yoga/core and low impact/intensity cardio, and come into Meso 2 super fresh. Managed to do Double Wave and PH Abs yesterday morning, but if I knew I'd be home all night I would have waited! Who knew it was going to be almost a foot of snow???

Belinda- I love the tower!! Mainly because I have super DOMS in my back for the first time ever! lol I hope it's used in Meso 2?? Now I can't wait to start over with STS to see what kind of results I would have gotten with this...... Looks like it's going to be another Leg day for everyone. lol Nice workout today. ;)

Cookie- Hmmm....I have rehearsal Thursday night (next week)......Friday or Saturday? LOL And I'm glad there is no school for you today! That's got to be a load off your shoulders..... REST and call the Doc. And my mom will find out over the next couple of days how she reacts to this new treatment. How is your mom??? Is she still in the hospital?? If she's at St. Peters, that place is a wreck job right now......:confused: All construction...I can't pull the car around to where I normally pick her up at the entrance....and the one door you CAN come out, Security tried to stop me from pulling up there.....I said "you gonna carry my mom to the car? Because she's not walking in this!" and kept driving. :rolleyes:

Amelia- That is GREAT news!! And it happened so quickly! It's amazing how things can turn around, even when it doesn't seem like it ever will. :) (*Note to self*)...lol

Helene- A french apron?? LOL. Maybe at Halloween. ;) So yeah we'll have to figure something out for the 3 of us! I'm guessing you're working today??? I realize I don't have a shovel to dig my car out......*sigh*

Ok well I can't believe I'll be starting my workout almost an hour early. :confused: Definitely going to fit in some stretching today! You know what DJ says to me the other day? He says the reason I can carry all my laundry is from lifting those cases of beer. COME ON. It's kind of hard to miss the gym in the living room.....:confused: I didn't say anything, I just agreed...lol

BBL!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Somebody will have to explain to me why the Clifton Park Schools aren't closed!
Darn it, now I have to rush the kids.
BBL

Edit: Ahhh, that is because I'm a dummy and looked at the wrong place. They are closed. The kids are at daycare and I am at work anyways.....oh well.

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I've been MIA. I've been catching up on work because I missed a few days because of Simba & SNOW. Today I have a long day again at work. Last night they didn't cancel classes at DS's college so we needed to get his car out of a ditch. So many of the kids were having car problems:( On the bright side I booked a trip to Florida with DS's & their girlfriends didn't realize how much harder & expensive it is to travel with 6 people . . . not sure how large families do it.

Thank you for all your sweet words about Simba. The worst part is coming home, I use to give her the biggest greeting when I would get home:( I've only done a couple of spin classes . . . hope to catch up with STS either today or tomorrow:)

Belinda - I'm always afraid I'll break the case or disc . . . at least it was the case for you. Which disc is kickbox planks, sounds interesting?

Lori - Now I know I've been gone for a long time a Rest Day for you:D I briefly read (I think) your Mom is one of 14 that is amazing how did your Grandma remember all their names. You were right about Simba the 2nd & 3rd day were harder

Cookie - Are you feeling better . . . the beauty of a snow day . . . enjoy the day:) How's your Mom doing?

Helene - I'm guessing no snow day for you:( Did you and Iris get to go out?

Iris - I'm thinking you need to do coffee with DJ so you can get him to plow your complex last:) maybe some healthy muffins too!

Amelia - Is the new home a rental? Now you won't have to deal with water issues anymore:)

Trish - OK, I'm done with this snow . . . I think you missed yesterday's. How is NJ transit when it snows? When I lived in the city the subway always ran.

Have a great day everyone:)

Hallo girls,
Breakfast
spacer.gif
Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread, 1 slice
Egg white, 2 serving (1/3 cup)
Salsa, 0.5 tbsp
Lunch
spacer.gif
Amy's Organic Beans & Rice Burrito Cheddar Cheese, 1 serving
Dinner
Sweet potato, cooked, baked in skin, 1 large
Morningstar Farms Veggie Chicken Chik'n Nuggets (2 serving = 8 nuggets)
Almond Breeze Almond Milk, Original, 8 oz
Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 3 cup, shredded
1 tomato
Snack

Apples, fresh, 1 medium
Cottage Cheese, 2% Milkfat, 0.5 cup
Carrots

I still have over 300 cal left!:p

Debbie, you been through a lot! (((HUGS)) Hope you get your workout in!

Helene, sorry school isn't out! Have fun with your workout today.

Iris, nice job on DW /ab from PH yesterday. Have fun with D12 today. Glad the tower gets you nice DOMS in your back!

Lori, you deserve a rest week:eek::p You gonna feel so much better taking some time off! Enjoy! What yoga DVD did you pick up?I awayspress that little button in the middle to get it the disc out! I know a lot of people had problems braking their case like that! Never had a problem before, for some reason it wouldn't come out! I was afraid I would brake my disc:confused: Anytime you and your DH want to come to the Oktoberfest, you are more than WELCOME to stay with us! Yeah, on Canada beating Germany!

Cookie, how was your nap!

Trish, what are you up too?

I will try to be back later, if not tomorrow! See you later!

Hey girls quick check in here...im going bonkers getting everything ready for the move. DH is working the next four days so we won't be able to really move until sunday....ARG! Im moving small boxes until then.

The place is owner financing so were buying it. It will be ours in 25yrs:confused: but the good thing is that i don't have to deal with any banks, we pay an individual. Im trying to see if we qualify for that first time home buyers tax credit...if we do that would be awesome:eek:

im off to put up curtains today so nobody can be nosy;) There was an older lady out in her yard watching everything we were doing:rolleyes: No workout today..may just go ahead and take a rest week,haven't had one in a while.

Great job everyone on your workouts!!!

Good Morning Ladies,

No chance to post yesterday. I was determined to clean my office (I had paper everywhere!) so I spent my free time doing that and then I left late and really didn't have time last night. My wo yesterday was GS Legs thru the calf work and B&G floor work. Let me tell you, what a work out! My legs are aching from my calves to my glutes! FF really knows how to pick 'em! This morning's wo was iClimb16 (40 mins, 6.09 mi, 427 cals). I did more cardio at the gym during lunch - iClimb18 (35 mins, 337 cals). Tomorrow will be a cardio/weight wo. Drill Max is on tap, but my knees can't handle it. I will probably do LIC subbing the step work for the elliptical. We'll see...

Belinda - Nice wo today! I'm always so nervous about breaking the case when popping STS discs out...I remember a couple posts from women that had the case replaced for that! Nice eats today - whatcha gonna do with the other 300 cals??

Lori - Holy Moly!!! Lori's taking a rest day!! LOL!! So jealous about your new sneaks:p I really need to get to the store and get a pair. It's been well over year!!! Hope your rest day was restful;)

Iris - Isn't it great to have DOMs in your back?? I get them in my lats some times but not so much in my back. Today my legs and abs are aching.

Helene - Glad the kids have the day off after all. Oh and I do love ME. The chest flies on this one are KILLER!! Still have DOMs from that and the ab work (with med ball).

Deb - I'm with you on the snow..and we're getting more tomorrow into Friday:rolleyes: Surpisingly, NJ Transit trains are not so bad. I usually don't have any trouble. Hope your days are getting easier.

Cookie - Hope you are enjoying your day off!

Forgot to post my eats for yesterday....

M1 1c Fiber One/ 1/2c skim milk
M2 1c cottage cheese/grapes
M3 Salad with 5 oz salmon
M4 Multigrain crackers with 2TB hummus
M5 1/2 sweet potato/ 1/2 peanut butter sandwich/ 1/2c skim milk

**also grabbed some banana chips before bed...about 100 cals worth

Hi Girls!

Well, I punched a very long day at work! Ugh...it was sooo boring! Time went by soooo slllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyy~! Eck! Hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad. The phone barely even rung. Finally at 3:30 I went to walmart to get a few things and I was very happy to see a long line up cause that meant I didn't have to go back to work! LOL My boss went home for lunch and when I turned around he was coming in with a bigmac so I didn't even get that hour of downtime I am use to!

When I went to walmart I picked up a pilates dvd...mainly b/c it came with bands and I need new ones. And I also picked up a yoga dvd with 3 different workouts on it. I was hoping to get a yoga workout in tonight but by the time I put DS to bed it was to late. I have to come up with some kind of rotation taht incorporates weights, yoga and the marathon training. I am half tempted to stop STS and do 2 weight workouts a week, 1-2 yoga (those being my rest days) plus the running.

Belinda** Thanks for the offer to stay with you!:p Im sure DH will be impressed. He makes fun of me when I am on the computer cause he knows I am chatting with you guys. He says " I ate 4 apple peels, one peanut..." what an idiot!

Deb** FL again!?:mad::D I want to be one of DS's GF's! LOL We are planning to go back again next year but time will tell I guess. Glad to here you are starting to feel better re:simba. Its so hard!

Iris** I guess we were posting at the same time today. Maybe you are strong b/c of the beer:eek: LOL Someone came to work today to pick up a parcel that was 50 lbs, I know I could have moved it but I didn't want to go outside so I played the "Im so frail and tiny" card...so that I didn't have to do anything! I think you need to get it onnnnnnnnn with DJ and tell us all about it!:D:D

Ameila** Oh boy you have your handsful! Just pack the smaller things right now until DH can help you. 25 yrs is a normal time to pay off a morgage anyway. Im not sure how all that works but he can't turn around and sell it on you or anything can he? Cause won't it still be in his name while you are buying it? What happens if this man dies? Ive never heard of renting to own a house.Im guessing you guys will have all that sorted out and I don't know....maybe thats a common thing to do in the U.S? Its to bad that you couldn't put it in your own name though b/c banks look at that stuff as a good thing. Its one of your assets for future purchases and its the best place to owe money.Not to mention you can always remorgage if times are tough or if you want to pay off other bills.

Trish** Nice eats! Im not that clean...thats why I work out so hard. My brownie kick is over now though. Couldn't even be bothered with them right now! Im not sure what that was all about.

Helene** Hope today wasn't to crazy for ya!

Heading to bed soon. I am hoping to get a good workout in tomorrow morning of course:D It was nice not being rushed today though. I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

'Evening! Spent the day sleeping and reading!
Belinda oh you have been very good with those eats! Verdomy happy for you and your family.
Lori, thank goodness for long lines at Walmart! LOL
Iris, isn't it strange how we like doms? Are you still feeling so tired and not sleeping? Or is DJ helping with that?!
Helene, so how long did it take you to get in this morning? I'm surprised you got that notice about pm's since I've received others. Don't know what's up with that.
Deb, boy your boys and their gfs better appreciate you! What a generous person.
Trish, glad the trains have been good for you.
Even with a rest day, I'm still beat! My mom's pneumonia is doing better so she might get released tomorrow.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.