Commit to get FIT and LEAN for Feb.22, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do D 22 today:)

Debbie, ((((HUGS)))so sorry about Simba! I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Cookie, I needed that rest day yesterday! Hope you all relaxed and ready for another workout/work week! I can't wait to get a recovery week next week;) Sorry, to hear your mom is back in the hopital and you beeing sick! Keep you both in my thoughts! Take care!

Lori, sorry your DD lied to you. Teenagers!:confused: Nice workout yesterday.

Iris, that is so cool! That you and Helene meeting this week! Have fun;) Hope you had fun with your workout yesterday.

Helene, wtg on Step Moves and pyramid upper body!

Amelia, nice job on Muscle Endurance! LOL on skipping all those low pulse lunges:p

Hi Trish!

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Good Morning!:)

O.k...so tonight I am going to bed no late then 10:30! I can't do this 6:30 thing every morning when going to bed at midnight. It would be much easier if the oylmpics weren't on or if Canada wasn't involved in something every time I decided to go to bed. Last night it was figure skating. I try to wake DH up to get up with him and then 30 mins later he gets up...whats the point in that? I told him to go back to bed b/c there is no point in both of us being up. He is still puttering around:mad:

Disc 19 and cardio is on the agenda for today. I'm not sure what the cardio will be.

Belinda** Nice workout! Maybe DS can come live with you for a while?:) Your up early...he is up early...goes hand in hand! Oh and maybe DD needs a military man to put her on the right track so you can take her to!?:rolleyes::)

Ameila** I try to stay away from anything low pulsing as well, especially when its static lunges. I hate those but they get the buns good!

Helene** Yes, you have a ways to go with the teenage yrs but they may never be bad either so who knows. We never know what we are getting sometimes. She is probably lost without her computer and phone...get use to it! As for my friend, I'm sure she will do the race. She already did Sat's long run :confused: And as for her DH, its almost nice that he "thinks" something about what she is doing b/c for yrs their marriage seemed quit rocky. They have been together since high school and their teenage daughter really took a tole on their marriage.Seems as if they are doing really well now...and its nice to see that.

Cookie** Sorry to hear you mom is sick!:( Hopefully she won't be in the hospital for long! Im not looking forward to when my parents are sick. My mom does have good genes, but my dad not so much. Both of his parents died at a young age and so did his brother. There is only him and his sister left. If he takes care of himself he should be o.k.

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

morning

TOM is zapping my energy,argh! Maybe the coffee will kick in soon...

I'd like to get in a cardio workout today...will see.

Cookie-I hope you and your mom get better soon. So sorry to hear she's back in the hospital.

bbl

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies.

Today will be D11 Back and Tri's. I'm thinking of throwing in some cardio after, but that would defeat the purpose of taking it somewhat easy. But I enjoyed a piece of pizza, a sliver sliver of cake, 2 applesauce oatmeal muffins, and little turkey sandwiches during our game day yesterday. Not to mention pre/post workout meals, and a luna bar later last night while studying, and 3 cups of coffee all day....:eek::confused: Let me tell you, the coffee helped studying! I went about 3 and a half hours last night.

Yesterday I ended up doing Hardcore Extreme Low/High Intervals...and it always tricks me! Right when I think I"m awesome for completing it, they throw in the KickMax high intensity drills. As Lori would say, I was not impressed! LOL Then did Medicine ball abs.

Belinda- Have a great workout today! yes I am very excited about meeting Helene :) We're supposed to not have good weather, but it's looking like it might not be that bad.

Amelia- lol @ not doing all the pulses....I like to cheat on them too, man they burn! Nice job getting through it, though, because it's not fun with ttom. Is it normal to get it a week early? Mine is like clockwork. If I really wanted to, I could probably predict the hour...lol

Lori- Wow you come from a big family too! My mom is the youngest of 11. One sister died just over a year ago from cancer, right after we found out about my mother. It was an absolute hoot yesterday. Have you ever played that board game ImagineIff?? If you haven't, you need to! So how is your DD taking to no phone/no computer? Yeah it's amazing the stuff they try and hide!

Cookie- Ohhh no about your mom!! When did all this happen again?? (((hugs))) don't worry about the ace exam? That's like saying don't worry about the big black bear right outside your tent.......LOL I don't know where i came up with that.... But you're right, I will just study and do my best. Unfortunately, I'm banking on hitting this thing out of the ballpark. I'm even willing to eliminate all distractions, if you know what I mean. I want to be out of my job that bad, and move onto something I know I will love. So you have a meeting until 7? Join us after if you're in Albany! Of course we'll wait! You need a quick martini getaway.

Helene- Yeah it might mix with rain on Tuesday, so that's a little better. Didn't realize we were having a heat wave this week! lol Yeah yesterday was hysterical. It's always hard playing games and when EVERONE is talking...LOL So I will probably be in Colonie when you buzz, might get some shopping in and get there before the Northway really backs up tomorrow!

Deb and Trish- Hi Ladies...hope things are ok with both of you!!

Ok off to workout, do laundry, work tonight, no DG until later in the week, and that's it, I'm ending this charade when he gets back.....I always say that, but he should respect my wishes this time! I just want to concentrate everything on moving on, no distractions! Ok I'll bbl.....

Morning.

Did Atheltic Step this morning. HRM must have slipped because it said 96 calories with an average HR of 99. And we all know THAT must be wrong! :eek: Anyways, I was dripping, so I probably got the same burn as usual (~350-370). Now I am sitting in my chair at work :confused: Really wish my job wasn't so sedentary!

OK, I do have work to do ;) so BBL.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning Ladies,

Another crazy weekend bites the dust! I managed to get all of my wos in, amazingly, but it seemed like the days just ran in to each other and I didn't even get a nap in:confused:!! I went out with the girls yesterday for bookclub. I stayed later than I wanted and ate more than I wanted but it was so much fun. We spent about 10% of the time discussing the book and the other 90% talking about everything else. We really should change the name to a social club! This AM's wo was iclimb25. I didn't feel like looking for my HRM so no stats to report. At the gym I will do ME UB premix. Looking forward to that!

Deb - My heart goes out to you and your family about Simba. I had to put my cat down in 2001 after having her for 13 years. Still saddens me. ((((HUGS))))

Belinda - Nice job on your wos!!

Lori - LOL about moving your kids in with Belinda...Belinda, can I pack mine up, too?? My little one was getting up every night for a while to use the bathroom. I put a nightlight in the br and told her she can manage by herself!! What a HORRIBLE mom, huh? But, I have to say, she's been doing it really well. Every now and again she will yell from the bathroom, "I did it by myself!!". Clearly she didn't get that I did not want to be woken up when she needs to pee! I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me in the future when some therapist says, "Oh, you are having all of these issues because your mother made you go to the bathroom by yourself at the age of 3!"

Amelia - I'm so weird, my favorite LB exercise are those darn low pulse lunges! I actually am counting the reps until the burn kicks in! LOL!! Can't wait! And if I stumble a little bit to stand up afterwards, I'm even more excited!! Just call me a masochist! It's TTOM for me, too, but after the second day my energy usually comes back. Maybe you have time to sneak in a nap before a wo?

Iris - Sounds like a great time with your Aunts! Enjoy D11! Hope you and Helen will have good weather tomorrow;)

Cookie - So sorry to hear your mom is back in the hospital and that you are not feeling well. Seemed like she was doing better. I hope she will be out soon.

Helene - Nice wo this morning! Your hrm may be due for a battery change. I had something similar except it said my hr was 50% and I was panting like crazy!

Have a nice day everyone!

BBL

workout done, decided on a 40 minute power walk. Were off to get some grocery's, i will try and catch up with personals soon!

Today's eats:
b-coffee,grits,egg,toast,sausage turkey links
l- tuna on ww ,orange
s-yogurt & almonds, fiber one bar
d-porkchop, baked potato, cauliflour & broccoll

adds up to be about 1550...

bbl

Just a quick check in!

DH wanted to go to the gym after work:( I didn't wanted to go, since I was so tired from D22 today. So I decited to go for an easy run:confused: I know, I said that last time too. I ended up running 4.5 miles:eek::p I am not sure if I will do a cardio workout tomorrow? I'll see! I took me 50 min, I also burned over 600 cal. The sweat was just rolling off me! I am sooooo beat right now! I have no idea where that boost of energy came from, lol!

I will be back with personals and post my meals!

'Evening!
Belinda, hope you have room for all your new "family" members! Gee, wish I knew you about ten years ago, I would have gladly sent over a planeload of boys. Does sts make you feel tired also?
Amelia, wow your food is really good! Are you hungry? I have a love/hate relationship with lowends. They definitely are memorable.
Deb, how are you doing? Take care.
Lori, did both of your parents take care of themselves when you were growing up? Cause you sure do, so I was wondering if you learned from their example. How's dd doing w/o her electronics?
Iris, I just know that I can make myself get more anxious about something that s out of proportion. Hope it is a homerun also! Gee, I wonder if DJ is looking for a personal trainer? Not sure about tomorrow night - my dh wants me to go to drs tomorrow. Didn't sleep good with so much coughing, and I have a fever. I'll have to look for the boardgame.
Helene, glad hell week is over! Not sure if I'll make it tomorrow, but certainly hope for another opp. Don't know what this is but sounds like I'm coughing up a lung. All this coughing has given me a headache.
Trish, what book was your group reading? I used to belong to a book club. Read a lot of books I never would have otherwise and it was good, but some of the women were rather different. A few them of them were pretty competitive about hosting! I figured they were going to need therapy anyway, and I'd probably get the bill, so I might as better make sure to get my monies worth.
Well, Mom is still in and I couldn't go visit. Guess her oxygen level is pretty low from the pneumonia. No wo again, and I'm off to try to sleep.
Cookie

Hi Girls

It was a beautiful spring day here today:) I know its not really spring but a girl can dream! I took DS outside for a little bit and all I could hear was snow melting! It was devine!:eek: But I know it wont last. I really wish winter were over though!

So my running partner stopped by this afternoon and I think we have both committed to the marathon! I will get the knot in my stomach when I am actually registered and flight booked, which will probably be by the end of this week:confused: What am I getting myself into? Seriously??

Belinda** Nice job with your run!!

Ameila** Lack of sleep is zapping my energy;) I did have a 10 mins power nap sitting up this afternoon...I didn't tell DH though, I wanted him to think I was beat! LOL

Helene** Im thinking that HRM may have went a little haywire, if not, its just as well to do nothing.:D Hope you week isn't crazy!

Trish** Thats funny about DD! LOL I bet you are kinda chuckling from your bed though. As soon as he woke up today he told me he had to pee so Im guessing thats why he is starting his day so early. I guess I will soon be able to send him to bed with no pull up if this keeps up.

Iris** Oh...DD is managing. I also took the tv from her room! Im still very mad. I went to the grocery store and when I cam back she was on the phone:mad: She is showing no remorse for what she did and sitting in her room watching tv isn't gonna help. Glad to hear you got tons of studying in last night! I have never heard of that game. My sister is the game board freak so I will have to ask her about it. When I go home during the summer monthes we always play board games and my mother always cheats!

I will bb in the a.m! Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Oh...todays eats were:

M1- All bran cereal, skim milk, 1/2 banana ( no brownie;))
M2- Baked beans, 1/2 roll
M3- orange and picked at DS's snack
M4- chicken, small baked potato and salad....cookie:rolleyes:

Lori:)

Last check in for me...I did ME UB at the gym. It was GREAT! Love those chest fly pulses. Tomorrow will be GS Legs & B&G floor work.

Cookie - You probably sound like my DH...he's coughing up a lung next to me as I type. Hope things are better for you tomorrow. We read an oldie, but goodie...Go Tell it On a Mountain by James Baldwin. We are trying out a new author next month, but I can't recall the title.

Lori - So, where is this marathon? Youll have to fly to get there? YAY, girl trip!! Sounds like fun!

My eats for the day were:

M1 - Fiber One Honey Clusters
M2 - Grapes & cottage cheese
M3 - Mixed greens salad with 4 oz. salmon, cucumber, raisins & balsamic vinaigrette
M4 - Apple with TJ chuncky peanut butter
M5 - Two tacos with 1/2 sweet potato

Talk to you ladies in the AM. G' Night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.