Commit to get FIT & LEAN for Feb 20,2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Happy Birtday, Helene! Hope you have a funfilled day with family and good food;)

We never made to the gym yesterday, by the time DH came home from work, he beat.

Today I will do cardio not sure what yet?

Amelia, I don't remember the last time I did LM:confused: Glad you had fun. Let me know what you think about power yoga. I need to pull that one out;) How many cal do you eat every day? Nice job, on your meals!

Cookie, it always makes me feel better to work out. What results are you seeing with STS? I already up 60 # with bench presses again, I know I am a nut:eek: so far it feels good on my back. Not sure, what I will feel like in M3, if I make it that far?

Lori, wtg on your run yesterday. Sounds like you in for a rest day!

Helene, hope you have a nice relaxing weekend, you deserve it! Do you and Iris live close by? I would love to meet all of you in person:D

Iris, ((HUGS)) hope things will get better. Maybe a rest day would help?

Waves HI to Debbie and Trish!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

I set my alarm for 6 but then I rolled back over:confused: Its only 7 now though...I just won't get Disc 18 done like I thought I would. Thinking tomorrow will be a rest day b/c I am going to a b-day party tonight and I doubt I will be home early enough to get a good nights sleep! Maybe I will squeeze disc 18 in before I go?? Highly unlikely~!

My parents didn't leave until just now. The weather wasn't nice yesterday so they stayed in another night. But when they woke up...DS woke up to:eek: I should have made them stay and watch him! LOL They wanted to get home b/c they have my sisters dog and my neice's have been letting the dog in and out and feeding him but no one as been with him the lat 24 hours so they feel bad. Dogs are certainly not like cats!

So my running partner started in the other night. Im guessing now that she has forgotten what the marathon actually felt like when she was running it, she wants to do it again. She was checking out one for us to do this spring:eek: She went from saying "I" to throwing "WE" out there. I said "we"? " where do WE fit into this"? She picked out one that was on the other side of the country and 3000 meters above sea level...thanks but no thanks! Then she picked out another one but then she realized that only 300 people did it last year:confused: She ends up calling me as soon as I get to work today, doesn't even ask if I am busy and she started yacking about the Ottawa marathon on May 30th. We would just go it alone, no men. It would be much cheaper that way and it would be a nice girls weekend away... so I am seriously considering it. Im not sure what the training will be like this time of year but Im thinking a good chunk of it will have to be done on the TM. Of course DH gave me the go ahead, not like he was gonna say no anyway...then I would have definitly went! LOL

Belinda** Is DH still doing STS with you? How does he like it? I wish Dh would try a cathe workout. He tried P90X and enjoyed it for all of.....4 days or so:rolleyes:

Ameila** I didn't know you have bad knees, I have never heard you complain about them before. I try to take glucosimine for mine but I can never rememeber.

Helene** HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:):) Hope you have an awesome day!!!

Cookie* So you took a whole day off of work? Good for you! DH went with me to the party yesterday b/c it was friends of ours. It wasn't to bad actually. Some of these parties are usually pretty crazy. We have another one today @ 11 but DD has a v-ball game @ 11 so if I can get away from work I have to go to the v-ball game. But according to alot of the mothers last night, a few of them won't be making the party today so I feel kinda bad.

So Im not sure what todays workout is gonna be! I have 90 mins to play with. I think I am going to give myself till 9 to get in the shower. I will bbl to report. Really hoping my boss isn't around today but lately he likes to make appearances on Sat and Sun! That use to be our day to do nothing!!!

Lori:)

Morning,

I am done with CCV5, I did 4.30 miles on the TM:eek: Burned 720 cal. All I wanted to to is an easy run and listen to some good music today, but my MP3 player (DD put some good music on that one for me) didn't work, I have all my CC's on my ipod:confused: Better charge my MP3 player today for next week;) That's it for me today.

Lori, enjoy your workout today. DH had to stop STS, he needs surgery on this back:(

Enjoy your weekend, ladies! Rock on:eek:

Good Morning Ladies.

I can tell already I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. And for no good reason really.......... I will attempt D10 today. I still feel beat, even though I got 8 hours in last night. I even cut studying off again because I wanted to go to bed. Cookie mentioned overtraining, which only briefly crossed my mind.......I guess its not out of the realm of possibilities.

Well some good news! My mother's scans have shown improvement!! Her lungs came back completely clear. After the pneumonia it was feared that if it spread anymore, it would be the lungs. But absolutely nothing, and not even a trace of leftover pneumonia. It's amazing how resilient the body is........However, its not over, her treatment is being changed again as of Tuesday. I'm really hoping she can take a break from this by springtime.

Belinda- Great workout today! I feel like I need to workout for 2 hours to get that kind of cal burn! And yes, Helene, Cookie, and myself all live very close by. If Helene and I live 10 minutes apart I'd be surprised.....lol

Cookie- See, I think food is the perfect lure for men! :eek: lol. I dont' belong to a gym anymore. I know at first I definitely won't be training out of or at anyone's home. I'm pretty sure I will start out at a gym(which is absolutely fine!). I need a bigger place to run it out of my home....someday..... So how are you going to handle Meso 3 this time? Will you have your DH assist again? What are your plans this weekend?

Amelia- Nice workout yesterday :cool: My rest week starts a week from today. :confused: I'm thinking of throwing in an extra rest day in the middle of the week...... I admit that I love grits as well......but I have to say, I haven't had them once since I've moved back north. I used to like cheesy grits with some salt!!! omg yummm.

Lori- So many men.....ha! No, I dont' think that's what is keeping me up. They are for entertainment only...........not something to lose sleep over....at least not at this point. That is awesome you doing the marathon!! Something to look forward to and work for......:)

Helene- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :D Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Deb and Trish- Hope everything is ok with you girl's! *waves*

Ok ladies...have a wonderful day...I may bbl tonight..

Morning
Today's workout is Rodney Yee yoga, im looking forward to it.

Iris-AWESOME news on your moms scan results, what a relief that must be! I hope your day gets better! I may be joining you in your rest week...i need to take some time off from my workouts and focus on my diet. :confused:

Lori-Ive got a bottle of glucosimine on my fridge and can't remember to take it:confused:. You don't remember me having to go to the doctor about my back and my knee's a few years ago? He said I had bad knee's from when i was heavier. Ive been doing alot of step lately so maybe thats what has them hurting agian. They don't hurt everyday...just occasionally. Did you already sign up for the race? I may go and find a race to train for,it will get my mind of things.

Belinda-Great job with CCV5..nice calorie burn,wow! I try and eat around 1600 cals a day. I lost 23lbs since September that way but here lately ive all but fell off that wagon:( can't seem to get it together...im still up about 5lbs,im sure half of that is water but im sure its not all water:(

Happy Birthday Helene...Have a great day girl!!!!

Big hello to Trish and Debbie..hope i didn't miss anyone. BBL

Morning, and Happy Birthday Helene!!!!
Helene, hope your day is wonderful and this year is your healthiest one yet.
Belinda, maybe it was yesterday, cause I was so beat also. By the time I came home from dropping off dd, I hit the couch and that was all they wrote. No Olympics for me. Hope your dh had a chance to recover.
Amelia, just an idea, but when my knees bother me I know it is time for new sneakers. Could that be for you also? I hardly ever remember to take pills, and they're right there for me to do so.
Lori, yep a day w/o going in and life went on! Of course, now I feel guilty and will have to do more tomorrow. Ottawa is so beautiful - go for it.
Iris, yes they are like flies to honey with food! Glad to hear the good news about your mom. What a relief. DH will have to assist to get the wts in position. He's usually really good about it if I schedule it at a convenient time (like on a weekend!) - he's not an early morning person.
Deb, does it qualify for a heat wave it is 35 at 9 am here? What's on tap for you this weekend?
Trish, hope the knees have recovered.
A friend is coming by a few minutes and we're off to pick out new appliances for her kitchen. It will be nice to dream and not spend any of my own money. Hopefully, a dog walk and Fusion this afternoon. Still have a nasty cough but the stomach has settled. Oh, she and her husband are here now and asking for brunch. Iris, here's a menu: broiled grapefruit, coffee cake, and scrambled eggs with peppers and tomatoes. It sure seems to draw people over here.
Cookie

Hey Girls!

Just getting to check in:) I ended up going for it and doing disc 18 and a 4 mile run. I thought about it and knew that the weights were more important then the cardio and I didn't want to get behind. I shortened up the rest between bic's though so I could get a half decent cardio in.

Belinda** Good job with your workout CC5 is one of my favs!

Ameila** Nope, I don't recall you having issues. Maybe its before you started checking in...or maybe certain things have left my brain:p I use to have issues with my ankles when I would do to much step. So my knees would hurt from running, then my ankles would hurt from step but the two never hurt at the same time...thank goodness! I use to give them a break at a certain point in time. Thats when I was running 10 km a day , which now doesn't seem like much but for some reason my knees really bothered me back then. We should make a pact to take our glucosimine!!!

Iris** Are you moody or just sleepy? I didnt think I was sleepy last night until I crawled into bed. I started to get ready shortly after 10:30..thought that was a great time but by the time I actually got sorted out it was around 11:30! Ugh! And tonight will be another late night. Glad to hear your mom is doing good! Thats awesome news!

Cookie** Breakfast sounds yummy!! I love shopping with other people but they tend to pick out more expensive stuff then I would buy, like my running partner...she is the worst! But I guess thats it when they have more money then me! LOL

I may bbl!
Lori:)

Good morning ladies,

It's a great day. I am so thankful for everything I have.
Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to all your well wishes! I am so happy I joined this group! Can't wait, I get to meet Iris on Tuesday too. Over drinks :eek:

I'm off to the basement to workout, though I don't know what I will do.

BBL to report and personals.
(Bday confessions, I had cake for breakfast :eek::p:D)

Hi girls,

Some sad news Simba is no longer with us:(. The last couple of days she took a turn for the worst, she wouldn't eat anything or go out. The test results showed she had cancer. Even though we had her for so long it was so hard to let go of her . . . we miss her so much:(:(

Today, I'm going to do Disc 18 back & bi's.

Helene - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! perfect way to start the day with birthday cake:) Enjoy the day!!

Belinda - Wow your almost up to Meso 3:)

Lori - The marathon sounds perfect for you . . . I'm sure you won't even have to train:)

Iris - Great news about your Mom:) I was thinking I wonder what DJ thinks when he hears you doing Cathe when he's in his workshop:eek:

Amelia - I'm jealous 60 degree weather . . . you could even do your yoga outdoors today:D

Cookie - I'm glad your feeling better. The brunch sounds yummy I may need to stop by one weekend:)

Trish - Any plans for the weekend?

Have a great day everyone:)

Good for you Helened...eat some cake for me!!!!

I did the power yoga dvd, it was really fun...i was shaking with some of those poses. Ive never done a bow pose and holy smokes, there are three in a row! I was stronger than i thought:eek: funny thing is that when i was up and was trying to figure out how i was going to get down:eek:

Cookie-I just got a new pair about two weeks ago...i figured it was that too.

Lori-Nice workout. I think the knee issues started when i was doing BFL. I hear ya on things leaving our brains...seems to be getting worse the older i get:confused:.

ok..off to take a shower, clean up a bit then go outside and watch the kids play.

have a good day girls:)

Image:Bow_pose.jpg

Hello again!

Belinda: Is DH as fit as you are? Nice CC5. So with one more year, I am noticing a few things. Like the tendon (achiles) is stiff lately. I guess it comes with the years adding on. I look at my kids with envy: flexibility, boundless energy you name it.

Deb: I am so sorry :(:(:(:( it is so hard to let a pet go. Hugs for you, your family and Simba. Rejoice on the good life she had with all of you. She sounds like she was a very lucky dog. Have a good workout with Disc 18.

Amelia: Awesome on the yoga workout. In not time you will be doing wheel pose! Glad you are enjoying all of this. And I have been eating some cake for you :eek: if not for my own Bday then when I ask?

Lori: Nice workout. Enjoy all your Birthday parties. What was your last marathon time? Would you need to change your training much? It sounds like you do plenty of running already. I guess maybe a few more of the longer runs. Like you weren't running enough as it is :eek: Hope your knees are good.

Cookie: Nice menu indeed. I don't live too far you know :p Enjoy appliance shopping. And thanks for your wishes. Fusion is a tough one, but since you like MIC it fits right in. My stomach has been bothering me as well for several days, not sure what is up with that. Any chance you can join Iris and I? We are meeting at PF Chang's on Tuesday after work.

Iris: Good news about your mom. Does she feel good as well? I hope so. It will be nice when the weather is nice again and she can maybe go out to enjoy some more fresh air as well. I am dying for some. I am no sure if you have overtraining, but that is one think I noticed when I did the 6 month STS, I was really tired by the end of Meso 1. I know on the shorter rotation, you take a rest week after 1 month. Maybe something to consider. Because Meso 2 drained my energy too. And, we are all entitled to get up on the wrong side of the bed once in a while.

Trish: Hope you weeked is fun filled!

Opted for LIC cardio blast premix. It was a good move since I didn't have much energy. It felt good but not over the top so I still managed to enjoy myself. My stomach was a bit weird halfway through, but it passed and since then it's fine. I will probably try to do one body part from Meso 2 tonight.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.!

Hi girls,

Some sad news Simba is no longer with us:(. The last couple of days she took a turn for the worst, she wouldn't eat anything or go out. The test results showed she had cancer. Even though we had her for so long it was so hard to let go of her . . . we miss her so much:(:(

Today, I'm going to do Disc 18 back & bi's.

Helene - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! perfect way to start the day with birthday cake:) Enjoy the day!!

Belinda - Wow your almost up to Meso 3:)

Lori - The marathon sounds perfect for you . . . I'm sure you won't even have to train:)

Iris - Great news about your Mom:) I was thinking I wonder what DJ thinks when he hears you doing Cathe when he's in his workshop:eek:

Amelia - I'm jealous 60 degree weather . . . you could even do your yoga outdoors today:D

Cookie - I'm glad your feeling better. The brunch sounds yummy I may need to stop by one weekend:)

Trish - Any plans for the weekend?

Have a great day everyone:)

How did i miss this post earlier? Im so sorry to hear about Simba :(, hugs to you and your family. Its so hard when we lose our little friends:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.