Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 18, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I am not sure what I will do today? I know I will do some cardio My upper body is still sore from Monday, I also have some nice DOMS in my legs!

Have a great Thursday, everyone! Keep it clean!

Morning

Today will be cardio + upper body, i know im doing MM upper premix but not sure about the cardio...i may do KCM's athletic step.

Belinda-Good eats yesterday! My eats add up fast,LOL...before i knew it I was at 1600, its because of that da%# chicken biscuit,it was 500 cals:confused: DH insisted on getting one and i just can't say no to them:eek:.

Trish-Nice job on your workout and eats yesterday! What kind of oven fried chix do you eat? Is it like shake-n-bake?

bbl

Good Morning!:)

I can't believe that DS woke up before 7 a.m. What is up with this?? Maybe DD's alarm went off and woke him up. Either way, he was good to go when he came out in our room. He is always in a good mood in the mornings anyway, he must be like his mother when it comes to that;) Im gonna ask DH when he gets up if he as ever thought about moving in the morning and letting me stay in bed? He is gonna argue that DS wants me to get up with him but I think if he had asked DS if he needed to pee and got up with him, he would have been happy that someone was up with him and that he didn't have to lie in bed anymore! It was 2 o'clock before DH came to bed last night. He was home before that but I don't know if he fell asleep on the couch for a while or if thats the time he went to bed. If it is...he is gonna be sleeeeeeepy later today!

Yesterdays meals were alot better then the day before:

M1- honey nut all bran, small banana
M2- 1 egg, 2 whites, slice of ww toast
M3- some of DS's cheeses and a cookie (of course) 1/2 of a valentine chocolate covered marshemellow!
M4- chicken, egg roll and salad,...................and a brownie:p
M5- Brownie before bed time!

Ugh...so writing down how many brownies I actually eat in the run of a day is a tad bit discouraging!:rolleyes: So my name is Lori Ann and I am addicted to sugar! That's what i will be saying in rehab!:mad::confused:

Belinda** Yes...you laugh at me:eek: but its not funny;) hehe! Now you know why I hit the TM so hard when I do. I have been a little off lately, probably b/c I am telling myself I shouldn't be eating it and that's when I am at my worst. Sometimes I think I would look like a fitness model if I didn't have sugar at every meal. Maybe I will only have one cookie to report today? Who am I kidding!!!

Trish** Sorry your knees are bothering you. My right one was alittle off the other day and last night it was kinda achy. Probably doesn't help that I sit in indian style whenever I sit down. Hopefully you will get a good workout in today!

Ameila** So you really weren't sitting around on your rest day!? LOL Sometimes when I start the cleaning in the morning, its hard to stop and thats the easiest time for me to get my workout in. Yesterday morning I moved the dressers and the beds in the rooms and swept behind it...you should have seen the fur!:( But I just swept and that was it ( for then), did more cleaning later that day.

So Trish asked me about the presents! I was very impressed with myself yesterday. I normally don't budget for anything...which is never good...geez..got to have a budget unless you have a endless pile of cash..and I don't! So I went in with the mind frame that I was looking at the orignal price and b/c DS won't be really going to any of these parties, that was another reason not to spend to much. I bought 4 gifts, 2 cartons of milk and 2 big bags of chips for $59!:eek: Two gifts were $15, one was $9, and the other was only $3 but that one isn't finished yet. She is having a fiver party. Bring $5 for the b-day boy and $5 for the childrens wish foundation...which is a great idea! I just wanted something small to go with the $5.

Alright...I will bb in a bit! Todays workout is cardio and a good abs workout unless I decide to do a circuit workout. Sometimes circuits are easier when DS is under my feet!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies.

Today I will do Step Moves and Pilates Abs. My buns are burnin'..big time...lol The whole getting up early fiasco yesterday and no dentist appt. really through me! I was dragging as work went on....I cut myself with the knife doing fruit (and it's ALWAYS a question whether I need stitches....but I've cut myself in the same place so many times that why bother??) I went to bed at 8:30....:eek: No studying or anything!

So I am signing up to take the ACE exam on the 22nd of April, and on my May 1st and 2nd and 8th, I am taking classes at Hudson Valley to get another certification and a class to market yourself as a personal trainer. I'm going all the way with this, I'm so excited! The great thing about this class is going to be that it's hands on in the gym. ACE doesn't exactly have that with the home study program.

Belinda- I think most of us will have DOMS in our legs, so many of us worked them yesterday! And can't I use the tower as a squat rack as well along with the vest? Where did you get your squat rack?

Amelia- Dont' rest days feel so justified when you get done everything you want to get done?? :) Have a great workout today! I noticed you like MM Upper body....;)

Lori- It's not that I had to travel too terribly far, but it was the time of the day on a certain highway....*sigh* You and I are way too much alike when it comes to spending! LOL @ being "impressed" with yourself on the presents.

Cookie- Weird I just typed your name and I just heard DJ pull up to his shop or whatever...lol I was kidding about STS being part of the reason! LOL So did you make it to your dentist appointment today? did the dentist show up?? Must be nice! :mad::p Which Hiit did you end up doing?

Trish- Is that class really high impact? I'm sorry your knees bother you so much.:( What kind of flooring is it on? yeah I've never been skiing...i can't imagine moving that fast down a hill with those attached to my feet. Hope you get to B&G today!

Hi to Deb and Helene! Today is my double....so have a wonderful day!

Hi girls,

Done with my workout! I did CCV2 on the TC today. I still have to work my abs.

Iris, LOL at cutting your self in the same spot:eek: :eek: sounds like something I would do:p Be careful with that knife, girl! I bought my squat rack at Wal Mart, it's a Gold Gym. Love it! enjoy Step Moves/abs today!

Lori, ROFLMAO! A brownie here a marshellwo there:p:eek: You go, girl! BTW, you already look like a fitness model;) You deserve all those cookies and brownie:eek::eek: Burn those brownies & cookies off today!

Trish, how is your knee today?

Amelia, it doesn't look like you eat enough yesterday:rolleyes: At least that good;) Enjoy your cardio and upper body wo today.

Off to more cleaning! BBL!

Waves Hi to everyone that follows!

'Morning!
Belinda, glad it is not only me who is getting doms in the ub from sts! Is there a lot of excitement over there about all the medals Germany is getting in the Olympics? Can't believe how much more dangerous the winter games are than Summer.
Amelia, so what's your St Pat's Day challenge? How did you determine 1600 as your limit? I like hiit - it's fast and gets the hr up. Yesterday I did 40/20 and then in the evening 30/30. That means you work for 40 secs and rest for 20 and similarly for the 30/30. Find I keep reaching for Cathe's dvds over any others.
Iris, so did you get out there and offer him breakfast? Bet he'd like one of those apple muffins. Was last night your date with DG? My dentist and hygienist both showed up.
Lori, you only listed 2 brownies - unless they were really, really large ones that's still nothing compared to what you burn up. Great job on getting the gifts at a good price. You might like her new wt vest. The 20# one I really like better than the earlier one. It closes with velcro so its easier and faster to put on.
Helene, hang in there. Hope your long day isn't too bad.
Deb, were supposed to reach the high 30s for temps today. Can't wait for a heat wave; it seems like a long winter to me. Are your stores all set up for spring already?
Trish, sorry that class bothers your knee. I can see how it would. How are the girls doing with cooking class?
Today the roofers are back again! They had to special order a replacement skylight window and are here to put it in - today and tomorrow. So disc 24 has to wait until this evening but have to get it done before Olympics.
Work, get my roots colored + dd hair cut, work, dd's eye exam, work, what an exciting person I am....
Cookie

workout done, decided on KCM's Athletic step then MM UB...my arms are FRIED! I increased my weight on everything,matching Cathe's:confused: 1:15mins total time and burned 573:eek:.

b-coffee,2eggs,2toast,turkey sausage,grits
l-refried beans + baked tortilla chips,salsa
s-greek yogurt,orange,pistachio's
d-4ozsteak,baked potato,steamed veggies,decaf coffee
1570 total calories

Iris-Exciting news on the ACE exam, april 22nd gives you alot of time to study too! Great job on your workout!

Lori-I'm a sugar addict too, once i start eating it i just can't stop...if im on a diet there won't be much in the house,LOL. The kids like those vanilla and chocolate cookies and im not crazy about them so thats all thats in the house right now. DH bought some of those Easter malt Robin Eggs over the weekend and i was picking at them all weekend:confused: @ 50cals an egg,that's not good:confused: And i agree with Belinda, if i looked like you i wouldn't worry too much about those brownies:)...your workouts rock girl!

Cookie-My St.pats day challenge is to stay on plan and try to lose 4lbs, i think my cheat meals are slowing me down so im going to really try and keep a close eye on them...maybe even count the calories on that day. I came up with 1600 from a few calorie calculators. Ive tried 1800 and the scale didn't budge. Busy day ahead of you,enjoy your STS workout. I'm watching the Olympics as well...my heart sand for that American female snow boarder...there all such and inspiration. I'm watching the male figure skaters tonight...can't wait!!!

Belinda-Good job on your workout! Ive got some more cleaning to do today as well...it never ends:rolleyes:

Hello to Trish,Debbie and Helene!

Last edited:
Morning girls!

What a crazy morning! I had to be @ work by 8:30 for a presentation. I don't know if I mentioned that the girls are out of school and coming in to the city with me this week. So, I got up @ 4:30 to get my b&g wo in with abs (my a$$ is soooo fried:eek:), then I had to yank everyone out of bed (including my stepdaughter) throw them in the car and head for NY! We picked up breakfast on the way at DDs. Whew! I made it but, I'm tired. Stayed up too late watching the downhill skiers and Shaun White do his thing! But, since I missed cardio yesterday, I'm going to try doing an iTread wo @ the gym during lunch. I've never really used a treadmill so I'm hoping I like it. Oh, and knees are feeling better today, but since I worked legs this morning, I won't really know until tomorrow. I used my knee braces this morning and that seemed to help. Anyway....

Belinda - I have a gold's gym squat rack (and bench), too! I love it;) Great work on the TC!

Amelia - I tried a new recipe for the oven fried chix. I have to say, it wasn't a big hit with the family and I didn't care for it much either. I'll have to look for another one. Nice cal burn this morning and eats yesterday!

Lori - Brownies are my downfall, too! I haven't had one in so long, but I definitely still think about them! I'm thinking about making DH a lemon poppy seed cake this weekend, but I know I'll be the one who ends up eating most of it:eek:! Enjoy your wo today.

Iris - Aaah, we both have burning butts!! LOL!! I'm so excited for you and the personal training! I still have all of my material packed in a box. Maybe one day I will pull it out again. The class is moderate impact (it alternates step combos with weights). I've done far worse jumps with Cathe, but I think my knees are just sick of me and my wos!! The floor is wooden and I'm assuming there is some sort of shock absorber underneath. I will probably hold off on it for a while.

Cookie - I'm loving the games, too! Did you catch the snow boarders last night? Sounds like you are having a very busy day today! I had to cancel the girl's last cooking class and haven't rescheduled another. I think I secretly like having my afternoons off:confused:. The girls will be helping me make DH a cake so I'll be the teacher this weekend:)

So....silly me, I never submitted this post this morning!!:rolleyes: So, just got back from the gym where I did iTread33 (35 mins, 250 cals burned, forgot to check miles:confused:). This was really my first time doing cardio on a treadmill. Can't say that I loved it. I walked most of the time with two 4-minute jogs. I definitely felt it with the knees. Guess that wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm off to tear into my salad!

BBL to post my eats.

Hi Girls!:)

Can't believe I haven't been back here all day! I have been kept going of course. After my workout I went to a friends house and ended up bringing her 5 yrs old daughter back with me...who just happens to be bestfriends with my neice...so I ended up with the girls here as well. So i went from one crazy kid to four and I tell ya...they were crazy! My SIL came over after so they calmed down a little. I think they like doing stuff here that they would never get away with home, like jumping on my furniture.

My workout this a.m seemed very long! Not sure if it was as long as I think OR if it was DS's potty breaks that kept interupting me. Here is a break down of what I did:

I did pilates abs and MMA Boxing abs.

10 min on the TM
1/2 of DWP
1 seg of DM
10 min on the TM
other half of DWP
1 seg of DM (no cardio, just weights)
10 mins on TM
1/2 of 30/30
2 seg of DM
6 mins on TM (making it 4 miles)
other 1/2 of 30/30
2 seg of DM

I wonder how many cals I burned?

Todays eats were:

M1- brownie!!!!! Small taste!!
M2- All bran, skim milk, banana
M3- Orange, handful of cheeses, BROWNIE!
M4- Pizza, 2 ck wings and cinnimon strips:)

And yes the brownies are small, not big at all.

Belinda** Good job with your workout! Thanks for the compliments btw......but I don't think I am there just yet!;)

Ameila** So you don't have anything sweet at all through out the run of a day? I would die...pick me up off the floor! :) I have to have something. I could eat it at every meal and not get sick of it. Cheesecake is my fav.Enough talking about food, I will be hungry in a bit.

Trish** Nice workout! Thats an early time to get up, Im not sure I could do it. But you got all your workouts in. Its probably a good idea to run at lunch time, maybe you can avoid getting sleepy.

Iris** I don't remember the last time I was in bad that early. My so called friend goes to bed early all the time. I think its so she doesn't have to spend anytime with her DH! Exciting about your exams! You will be a personal trainer before you know it. Maybe you can take over cathes business when she retires:)

Cookie** Your day just sounds like "life" doing everything for everyone else. Alot like mine, most of the time but as long as I get my workout in Im o.k! I need to invest in some more workout gear.

I think thats it...probably long enough, hopefully someone will read it tonight!

I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Evening,

Well, that's it. Hell week is over. I'm home and beat but looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be more chatty then.

No workouts, it was either that or sleep which was already short.

Thanks to all of you for your line of support. I was lurking as soon as I had a break and it was nice to read a note from friends :)

I'd better get to bed now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.