Commit to get fit and lean for Feb.16, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Hope you girls had a great weekend:D Today I will do UB and abs! I will be back to report my workout!

Have a great day and workout!

Hi ladies,

I am done with my workout! I did STS disc 1 shouldes, chest and biceps plus STS abs! I love STS! You never do anything twice and time flies!

On my workout card, some of the exerices didn't show the weight I was suppost to lift:eek: Not sure what is going on? I went heavy on them!

Off to the shower! BBL!

Have a great workout and day!

Good Morning!:)

DH and I went to bed pretty early last night. I think it was around 10:30 or something, so I should be feeling pretty good all day!:) Im not sure when I will get my workout in. I think I will try to put DS down for a nap this afternoon. He as went a couple of days with no nap and he may need to play catch up, plus he was up today before 8.

Belinda** So you liked the workout? How was the music? I should get moving on my 1RM I suppose. I left the spreadsheets at work though:confused: Im going to need some kind of stand to put the bar on as well. Come to think of it, I think we have a bench somewhere....or maybe thats just my imagination?

The only thing I am wondering about STS is that no one really tried the program before they started selling it, did they? Like P90X (according to the commercial) had guinea pigs doing it to see what benefits they got from it. Thats alot of money to spend when you dont' actually know what results you are going to see. But everything Cathe puts out is great anyway....just anxious to hear over the next couple of monthes what it as done for people.

I will bbl! We aren't doing much this a.m. I need to run to walmart but not sure if I will!

Lori:)

Morning girls!

Belinda-Good Job with your workout and glad to hear you are liking STS!

Lori-You little guy maybe approaching the age of saying bye-bye to naps:confused: My DS quite around 15mnths,how old is your ds now?...Good job on getting some sleep! I went to bed around 11'ish.

Today is a cardio and abb day! Ive got a nice run on the TM while watching a movie in mind then some abb work from a couple of cathe's dvd's. I guess my Cathe order will ship either tommorrow or wed since the mail dosen't run today:rolleyes: I also ordered some more dyna bands since my are in several small pieces now(thanks to the kids playing with them:rolleyes:)

bbl.

Lori, I love STS! I was really impressed with the different exercises and how she had it set up. I wasn’t bored once, LOL! I really didn’t pay much attention to the music, I pay more attention to my form. I guess I like the music, lol! I believe the program will shock your body. Look what FF’s rotation has done for me, she switched them up! I lost a little over 12 pounds with her rotations, who knows if I would have finished the last week with the Jan. rotation? Enjoy your workout today!

Amelia, enjoy you run today!

I will be back with personals from yesterday!

Good morning girls,

I did a plyo class today at the gym today. I still have a headache (I know think it is PMS related). I plan on starting STS on Saturday. I still have half of my 1RM's to do, maybe that's why I have a headache:D

Belinda - I look forward to hearing about STS. I was wondering about what Lori said about what type of results we will get. Wow, you lost 12 lbs. on FF rotations that is great. After STS, I'll have to ask you which one's gave you the best results.

Amelia - Have fun watching your movie while on the TM.

Lori - I too was wondering about results from STS. I think that's why I wanted to be a little behind everyone and see if anyone recommends lifting heavier, lighter etc... Belinda can be our guinea pig!!

Off to the foodstore. BBL

Debbie, sorry about your headache! I think the Debbie's Jan. rotation gave me very nice results, all that heavy lifting! I still have a few 1RM left, I think? I will swing them:p the once with the paper plates, no big deal, right? WTG on your plyo class today! Take care of that headache, girl!

Hey girls,finished my workout. I ran 2miles then walk to cool down,then did C&W abbs. Felt good.

anybody have the burn fat feed muscle book? I got the e-book from a friend...i started reading it and its pretty interesting. I know there are alot of threads about it. Can't wait to get started with it! After i read the book of course,lol. not anytime soon.

Hi girls,

My headache finally went away. I've been drinking a lot of water, maybe that helped.

Belinda - I noticed some people didn't do 1RM's for legs. Do you think you can do rotations with STS or is it meant to be done as is?

Amelia - I actually had my DH give me Burn the Fat for Christmas and he had it printed. It is buried somewhere, I hope to read it someday. It's a big book no wonder it was an e-book.

Hey Girls:)

Late check in here. I had a good workout today. Did 4 miles on the TM, 4DSBC,4DSKB abs and 4DS shoulder work 2x's. I think I am retaining water from the soup I ate yesterday:confused: my hands have been tight all day!

Belinda** Glad to hear you enjoyed your workout...now lets see if you are sore tomorrow! I didn't know you lose that much weight with the rotations we did! No wonder you were hooked!

Ameila** Did you watch a movie when you were running? I use to rent scary movies that I would never watch when sitting:eek: Time use to fly! I haven't done that since last winter now. I have never read that book. I think the last book I bought was the South Beach diet one...I don't think I ever finished reading it...and I never followed the diet either...total waste of money!:eek:

Deb** Yes....Belinda can be our little piggy! We will see what results she gets. Water is usually a cure for the headache.

I am going to have some girls over in the morning with their babies...(just what I need after today...more babies;)) DS was pretty good tonight. I played with him all evening and that was just up his ally!

I will bb in the morning. I am thinking about getting up early to get my workout in.

Oh...and two people got laid off from my work today:( I feel so bad for them!

Lori:)

Evening girls,

Late check in today....I don't know why, I was in the house most of the day:confused: I got another two hour nap in today. My 6YO didn't stop napping until she was 4 and I hope that continues with my 2YO....Mommy needs her zzzzzzzs!! Today's wo was disc#5, Chest, Shoulder. and Biceps. My shoulder wasn't really ready for it, but I didn't want to put it off. At least it will have a week to rest.

Belinda - Glad you got started on STS :) I skipped the 1-star 1RMs as well. The weight for those were pretty light so it didn't make much sense. I've decided to only increase .5# or 1# for those each week. Surprisingly, my favorite part of the workouts are all the pushups. I LOVE IT!!!

Lori - I am always into the music on the DVDs. It took a little getting used to on STS because there's nothing to sing along to..LOL. But I do like the music because it is cued to your activity and exertion. As for results, I'm already seeing some. Could I have seen similar results doing a FF rotation, certainly, but I think these workouts are awesome. I hope FF buys the set so she can include them in future rotations;) Oh, right now I don't have a real weight loss goal. According to statistics, for my height (5' 6") I have 20 pounds to lose :eek: but I like my size right now. Most of my adult life I have been a size 10 then a 12 after the babies and now I'm an 8 so I'm thrilled to pieces. I also think I would look weird 20 pounds lighter, but I'll go with the flow. At a minimum I want to lsoe 5# and anything over that is cool, too. Sorry to hear about your co-workers, but even happier to hear that you were not one of them :)

Amelia - What a great idea!!! Watching a movie while working out...how come I didn't think of that?? I usually am listening to cardio coach or iTrain, but I will have to try your method;)

Deb - Have you done any of FF's rotations? They are amazing! After doing Cathe for a year on my own I saw the best results in one month doing one of Debbie's rotations. She kicks butt! When I finish STS I am planning to do one of her Get Ready for Summer rotations. I am planning to attend Cathe's Road Trip this year if she has one. It's just time!

Here is one thing I have noticed with STS so far and I'm not sure what the deal is, but I did my second Shoulder work out today and by the end of both routines I failed before completing reps. I'm not sure if I did my 1RMs wrong or what but I'm definitely failing on shoulders. Haven't decided if I will lighten up on the weight or just work til failure, but it's only going to get heavier so I should be smart and lighten up. We'll see. Also, DOMs pretty much last ALL WEEK. Your entire body has an ache...nothing major, but it isn't a specific body part, it just seems to be allover. Either way, it seems to be working;)

Ok, time for more sleep:D I am on the cross-trainer in the AM. So, chat with you tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.