Commit to get fit and lean for Feb 14, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

Helene, nice job with RS yesterday. Love that one! Mmmm, haven't done that one in so long.

Debbie, Simbad is a good patient!

Cookie, how was your dinner? How is your shoulder doing?

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies.

I have no idea why I'm up so early, even though I have a busy day ahead. I went to bed around 12:30 and it's now 6:08 :confused: I have 30/30 and Ab circuits on tap today. I have time to fit in more cardio now, but I've hardly slept! Today is the Daytona 500, which my mom is big into, so I'm making sweet potato fries and these apple pumpkin somethin' muffins, both from Tosca Reno cookbook.

And I might have a visitor after rehearsal tonight. :eek: I think I got in over my head...:mad: It was so busy at work yesterday, but all day on and off DG wants to know what we're doing. I said I wasn't available until after 9pm (today), and that was my final offer *thinking he's gonna say no way to that late doing anything on a Sunday*. He says he lost my number to give it to him again. I said well that's too damn bad, you don't need to call, if you show up, you show up. If not, even better. What am I doing? Well, if anything, I have the reigns. :eek: We'll see what happens. Apparently I like shooting myself in the foot.

Belinda- I got two words for you ....BAH HUMBUG......lol

Lori- Yeah I can't believe about that luger, either. I went on a rant on another thread yesterday about them showing it on the news!! I don't care how many warnings there were about it being difficult to watch, it is inhumane to capitalize on someone's death! Ohhhh geez, I'm getting myself going again.....Nice cardio yesterday!

Trish- LOL @ you having a man and still not liking this holiday. I agree, it's a bunch of hype. :rolleyes: That's so cool how you can take cathe to the gym.......
So you like hummus? I love hummus...soon I will attempt to make my own.

Amelia- Did you get your coffee?? Nice workout yesterday....I love C&W..*not Buttercup, though, like we ALL didnt' know that...lol* LOL@ being aggravated at your DH.....good thing it's not ttom the next four days! hehe.

Cookie- How's the shoulder? So where are you going to dinner?

Helene- Are you usually home in the evenings during the week? Because I will give you call probably Tuesday...? If that's alright. The good thing with DG is, I know I will never have true feelings for him. So if I want to play around *exclusively of course, I'm so not like that*, I can and not worry about it. I know I can walk away at any time! And yeah he can be brutal, but I've had my moments too.:eek: Yep, going for my PT cert. and I"m so set on getting it, all I do is study......I'm aiming for the end of April. How is your arm today??

Deb- Poor Simba. :( It is so hard to watch a pet be sick. Will you find out the results early in the week?

Ok off to do 30/30, or at least attempt it...lol BBL

Good Morning!:)

So much for a quiet night at home! I ended up getting together with some of the girls and I didn't get home until 2'ish and DS decided to start his day (and mine) at 7:26!:confused: Thats o.k cause if I am up first, I expect to sneak in a little nap at some point in time:) I never get to sleep in, DS doesn't even bother waking up his father. I think its b/c he knows there is no point...he ain't mov'in!

Belinda** What are your plans for the day?

Iris** So you have company tonight...well...well...well :eek: and on V-Day! Now he is gonna think that you love him! hehe! Hope you have a good day!

So I received my letter from the new owners yesterday. Not impressed. In the letter, everything just remains the same. The only thing new is dental, which is great but I don't even know what kind of coverage they have or what its gonna cost me. I thought forsure the letter would state pay increases or something cause Im really hoping I won't have to nag these owners for a raise like I did my current boss. Not only that, I want to know if my coworkers duties remain the same b/c she makes more then I do, b/c she does the office work. If she doesn't have to do the office work, then why should she get paid more? Im sure my boss will ask me tomorrow what I thought of the letter and I am going to ask him that question. He probably won't know the answer for sure but Im not having that. And I also want to know when a pay increase will come into play.

So no weights yesterday...which means I am kinda behind now. Im gonna have to double up at some point but I don't think it will be today. I will be doing cardio and weights today though and b/c its so early i will probably do that soon.

Gonna read yesterdays thread!

Lori:)

Morning, Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

I think today will be rest day, may do some yoga.

I ordered another yoga workout last night:eek: This is called Rodney Yee's Power Yoga: Full body. The other two workouts that i have by him are not really challenging to me. I really like that Sara Ivanhoe yoga that i have...im thinking about ordering a newer workout that she has out. But not right now:confused:

Belinda-Any special plans today?

Iris-I hope you have a good time tonight,let us know how it goes!

Lori-Have a good workout!

bbl

Hello everyone,

Iris: LOL, so let me get this right, you are going (maybe) to spend Vday with a guy that drives you nuts more than half the time? I hope there won't be too much talking. You can also give me a ring during lunch time. I am not too good in the evenings with keeping close to my phone so you might have to leave a message. :eek: PT cert sounds good. Fitness as a job is a good idea I think. I hate to think how much damage I do sitting on my butt at work all day long!

Amelia: Enjoy your rest/yoga day. You really are into yoga aren't you?! Did you have coffee this morning :eek:

Belinda: Do you have anything nice planned? Oooh, cardio fusion yesterday. Now that is one good workout too! I haven't done it in a while either.

Lori: Sorry the letter is a bit of a downer. But I think you are right, if you think you deserve a bit more, now is the time to argue for it. DS came with us tonight as well. Got us up 3 times..... Oh well. I still got a good night's sleep I think.

Deb: That is awesome that you were there when the pupies were born. You are right, that must have been a very nice experience. Hope those puppies all found good homes. We are pet free at the moment. We had two cats but no more. At the moment with kids and work, I think the most I would agree to is a fish. I love animals though.

Cookie: How is your shouldeer/arm doing now? I hope there is no lasting damage!

Hello to everyone that comes after.

I did step blast and all the back exercises of disc 18 this morning. I will do the biceps part tomorrow after some cardio. Burned 610 so that's good. Had chinese for dinner last night :D and a yummy glass of wine. :p

Have a great one everybody.

Last edited:
Good afternoon girls,

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today I'm going to do 40/20. Not much going on DH wants to go for brunch/ lunch but I know everything will be so crowded so I'm opting out:)

I bought the book The Kind Diet (Alicia Silverstone). I am making healthy PB cups today. The book really gets into vegan/macrobiotic diet. There is some heavy stuff to take from the book but I may incorporate some of it. It's similar to the Food Inc. documentary.

Belinda - Any plans for today?

Iris - So you caved:D hey it's v-day anyway so what the hell . . . maybe he'll bring chocolate:) So your becoming quite the cook . . . I love anything with pumpkin (weird right!) Hopefully we'll get the results next week.

Lori - If I stayed up till after 2PM, today would be a rest day for me:D Hopefully the bosses will give you equal pay. Even though the olympics are on the opposite coast is it still a big deal in Canada? The stores here have a bunch of Olympic clothes . . . Ralph Lauren had some nice stuff but very pricey.

Amelia - A few months ago I bought Hard-body Yoga w/Tari Rose. I still haven't tried it but it received really good reveiws.

Helene - That's what I like about Meso 2, if you don't have enough time you can break up the body parts.

Cookie - How was your dinner, I didn't realize it was the Chinese New Year? Which animal year is it?

Trish - I think you said you were going to the movies tomorrow, which one?

Have a great day everyone:)

Happy Val's Day! Didn't want to say V-Day, it could have a different meaning...
Belinda, dinner was okay. We ended up at PF Chang's 'cause we had to do a few errands and they were in the area. Made a reservation to be sure to get in and out and didn't they still keep us waiting for almost half-an-hour! And there were plenty of tables too. Oh well, we should have stayed with our first choice of restaurants and gone out of the way. The shoulder is doing better. Couldn't believe it hurt so much, but think it was 'cause I had just worked it out with Cathe a bit before. Did about 2 million stretches and it is moving.
Amelia, lol at your happy freaking val day comment! Now you sound like me. Love him but he gets on my nerves when he's underfoot. TG redoing one of the bathrooms is keeping him occupied at the moment. Have you tried any of the YogaFit dvds?
Lori, sorry your letter wasn't better. Around here there are a ton of layoffs going on, and its frightening. How are things up your way? Oh, and please don't get me going on insurance premiums!
Deb, wow, you could be a vet assistant. I have a hard time getting mine to take pills can't imagine shots. Is Simba tolerant of them? Years ago one of my dogs had puppies while we were out trick or treating. It was a surprise to come home to - we thought they weren't coming for another week. It is the year of the Tiger, and I think it is the Golden Tiger, which only happens every 60 years, so they're predicting good things for the economy. Sure hope they're right.
Iris, have fun! Why not? Who knows perhaps he is ready to calm down. Did you find those maple sugar flakes? Your fries and muffins sound good. I've made the muffins and love em, but then like Deb, I'm a big fan of pumpkin anything.
Helene, I have a perpetually bad shoulder - too much racquetball and a few car injuries. Sometimes it get so sore I can't even drive, hold or use that arm. Lot os stretching and ibuprophen are its very good friends. Thanks for asking. We have two cats and I'd be more than willing to give them to you - well really just one of them. She's always been the most ornery thing. I agree working and kids are plenty.
Trish, I'm going to the movies in a few minutes. What are you seeing? We're going to see the one that similar to Harry Potter - oh I forgot the name.
Did Cardio Core Circuit, and it should come with a warning notice not to do it if you've overeaten and not eaten clean. Cathe must be Catholic cause she sure had me doing penance.
Cookie

Ugh...DH mixed me a drink:confused: Probably not a wise thing to have done b/c of the lack of sleep. I could be asleep very soon!

Everyone is coming here for dinner tonight. My MIL sent all the food in. We are having lasagna, salad and garlic bread. There really isn't a whole lot to do.

Todays workout was Disc 15, 4 miles on the TM and MMA Boxing.

Ameila** Did you decide if you are going out for dinner? Hope your yoga dvd is tough enough for you.

Helene** Sounds like you had a nice meal last night. I don't eat chinese very often, it doesn't agree with me. Nice workout!

Deb** How many diet books have I bought I wonder? And I never followed either one of them! LOL I think I followed BFL for 2 weeks, then I bought the South Beach diet book and of course I couldn't follow that either! There are a few things around re:the olympics and yes, they are very pricey!

Cookie** I spoke with my coworker earlier and I told her I wasn't 100% sure I was gonna sign the paper. For instance, she makes more then I do but she does the office work. She doesn't know if she will be doing the office work anymore but she is still getting offered the same amount of pay she is making now. So what about if she doesn't do the office work, we are both doing the same work and she is making more then me. Also...sure dental is great and I am happy about that but how much is it going to cost me? It may not be even worth my while! Anyway, I am going to mention all of this to my boss tomorrow. If he will ask them great...if not...I guess I have to do the dirty work myself!

I may bbl, if not I will be here in the a.m!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.