Commit to get fit and lean for Feb. 10, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will do cardio today! Maybe kickboxing? I am so tired the last few days:eek: Maybe adding my 1RM is kicking my butt:eek:

Nice workout yesterday, everyone!

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies!

I thought I was in for a good nights sleep last night but as soon as my head hit the pillow.....my two toothaches started! Why two at the sametime? One I diffently need a root canal and a crown on but Im not sure about the other one. I popped two pills (one for each tooth;)) and slept till 1:20, then woke up again. I didn't want to take anymore pills but I really didn't have a choice!:rolleyes: It took me a little while to get back to sleep and then next thing I know the alarm is going off!:mad: I lay there for a while but decided to get up and get my workout done!

Because me and the scale aren't seeing eye to eye, I have decided to pause my current rotation this week and focus on cardio and/or circuits. I started this rotation the last week of Jan so I can stop for a week and still finish the rotation by March 1st:) I have been doing alot of heavy lifting for the past 3 monthes, prehaps I need to switch things up a bit. Maybe I should try 3 weeks of cardio and full body workouts with moderate weight? Like MM, ME and PH? Hmmm...now there is a thought!:)

Belinda** Enjoy your workout today! I would feel alot better today if i had slept when my head hit the pillow! Honestly...why do these things happen to me??? I guess I should have visited the dentist more in my early 20's and put the candy down:mad: We don't have dental insurance so I don't run to the dentist everytime I get a toothache! Its soooo expensive! My last filling was $160, a root canal and crown is going to cost me $1000 for sure and with the FL trip coming up, I kind of wanted my money for that.

Trish** I don't have an iphone! LOL whats that!? I don't even have a cell phone anymore. My phone broke last summer and in order to get it replaced it will cost $150. I thought my contract was up in Jan but its not till '10!

Ameila** Good job with the deals! Have a good workout today!

Deb** How was your spin class? I have always wanted to take one of those but they don't offer that around here. I bet its a real leg burner!

Suzanne** How old are your kids? Maybe you already told us? Do you have a workout planned for today?

Kristine and Cheryl** Where are you two!? I thought cheryl was going to be around now that STS is out!

I will bbl to report my workout. I am aiming for a good run on the TM and some ab work. If not, I may do the ab work tonight.

Lori:)

Last edited:
Good morning Lori and all who follow,

Lori, sorry about your toothache:( That's a lot of money for a dentist visit! Hope you feel better soon! Have fun wih your workout!

I was thinking the same thing the other day, not sure why Cheryl, Kiristne and Cookie don't check in anymore? Sad how small our group is getting:( Or maybe they are to busy!! Who knows?:rolleyes:

Still no workout, not sure what is wrong with me! I am so freaking tired the last few day's! Maybe I need a recovery week? BBL! Need some lunch!

Belinda** I think thats why I have decided to give my body a rest (kinda):rolleyes: Somedays I feel lazier then others, Im sure it has nothing to do with chasing a 2 yr old around!:D Boy...he even beats me out! and thats saying something! So a break from heavy weights is what I am going to do until next Mon. Then I will probably take another break.

I did a 5 mile run this a.m. Felt good and surprisingly, I felt good!:D I don't feel as tired as I did yesterday morning!:( And I get to sleep in tomorrow morning!

BBL!

Lori, great run this morning;) Maybe I will take another rest day? It's only after 1 pm here, I see what I feel like in a few hours? Enjoy your day!

Where are all the sleepy heads!!?? I was talking to the girl who lives with us when I called home and she said that she as some really good painkillers!:eek: Can't wait to try them tonight! LOL I wish I knew she had them last night!!!

Belinda** So there is a 4 1/2 hour time difference between you and I! Thats alot! When Im going to bed, your getting up!:) Kinda...sorta!;) We have a 30 mins time difference then the rest of the world. Actually, I think there is one more place in the world...but I don't know where that is.

BBL!

Morning Commiter's...

Lori-LMAO at you....last week my BIL came over and handed my DH somekind of pain killer(his back was hurting) and needless to say...it wasn't hurting anymore:eek: he was acting so goofy,lol. Im just glad he wasn't hurting.

Belinda-great job with yoru workout

Today is a dogwalk and then PLB. I don't have any water:mad: the pump to the well keeps shutting off so there has got to be a leak somewhere:mad::mad: DH will fix it as soon as he can find it. Meanwhile,my workout will have to wait...ain't no way im starting a workout without any water:confused:

I went over on my calories yesterday...don't feel good about that:( I just gave into my cravings:rolleyes: TTOTM is about 8days away so there ya go:rolleyes:Oh well,today is another day,right?;)

hey to everybody! bb after my workout!

Morning Ladies,

I'm sitting at my desk sipping coffee and before I even check email, I'm checking with you all....who doesn't have their priorities straight??:p How's everyone today? I did Disc 2, Back and Triceps this morning and still have a nice burn going. Hopefully I will have DOMs tomorrow;)

Belinda - Sounds like you need a couple of rest days. The 1RMs were tough doing them AS a workout. If you're doing them in addition TO your workout, it's no wonder you are feeling wiped out. Take a break girl;)

Lori - You haven't had a cellphone since the summer??? Well, good for you!! I more or less refused to carry one until after I had my DD. An iPhone is a suped up cellphone..kind of like a mini computer. It seems to be the trend with cellphones these days. I have experienced the worst toothaches so I know you're feeling. While pregnant with DD#1 I had the worst one of all and I couldn't take anything but tylenol for 3 months. There were some nights that I would literally be crying from the pain. I hope you get yours taken care of soon.

Hey Amelia - What kind of cravings do you have? Sweets or salt? When I have a sweet craving I am eating these low carb/sugar free chocolate squares from Trader Joe's. Surprisingly, they taste really good and can usually get me through the craving. Enjoy your dogwalk and PLB wo;)

BBL.....Morning to Deb and Suzanne:D

Morning Trish! I had cravings for things im suppose to eat yesterday,LOL! I ended up buying some No Pudge brownies and ate probably two of those then i got some tortilla chips with salsa and ate some of those. Atleast i did try and get lower calories stuff:rolleyes: I don't have a trader joes around here...i bet i could get some of those SF low carb squares at walmart...sounds yummy. Ive also started drinking hot tea to stop my cravings..works pretty good! Great job on your workout today...im sure you will have some pretty good doms tommorrow!!!!

ok,still waiting on the water to be fixed...DH is fixing it right now so when its done,i will start my workout! BBL

Hi girls,

I ended up doing a short workout! I did DM cardio blast 39 min. ,plus I did more 1RM!

Trish, yah! I am working my old body really hard the last few weeks, doing my 1RM with my regular weight lifting is tough. Glad when it’s over! Did you do all the 1 and 2 stars?

Lori, take care of that tooth!

Amelia, I don’t buy any chips or sweets, this way I don’t have any in the house! LOL! If I do get cravings there isn’t anything besides fruits in the house! Great workout, girl! Glad your water is fixed!

BBL!

Hey,
I took a long walk /jog to go pay some bills today.Then I came home and did some toning.The weather has been weird for February this week.It was warmer and kind of nice today for a walk/jog.I really enjoyed it.It says it is suppose to be cold again next week though.So I am enjoying the good weather now for a few days.It's not much longer untill spring.YEA!I can't wait.

suzanne

:DGood Afternoon girls,

I'm finally checking in. I went to the gym and did a kickbox class and weight class. I should have only did one class because now I am so tired. I also went to Walmart to get Valentine's cards and candy:D

Belinda - DM is a tough workout especially when you are tired. I have been doing all of the 1RM's maybe I'll skip 1 & 2 stars so I could be done sooner.

Lori - I hope your toothache goes away. We don't have dental insurance either and it is so expensive. It always seems like the dentist tries to find something wrong. My dentist always has a tan and goes to FL regularly, so he must have to pay for these trips somehow:rolleyes:

Amelia - Your snacks sounded pretty good. I haven't made No Pudge brownies in a long time.

Trish - Does the time go quick or slow using with STS DVD's?

Suzanne - The weather has been really nice here too. The 3 inch slab of ice is finally melting off my driveway. For a few weeks I could have pulled out my ice skates!!

Last edited:
'Evening, Ladies!
Don't know if anyone will check, but wanted to say sorry and that I've missed you. My MIL has been diagnosed with cancer, plus work has been super busy, so that's why I haven't been around much. It's just a hard right now. I do want to start STS next Monday with everyone. Guess I'll just try juggling better.
I'll go back and read over the past few days.
Hope everyone is well.
Cookie

Last check in for the night....

Cookie - You have been missed and I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. My MIL was diagnosed with breast cancer a little over a year ago, but a lumpectomy + radiation treatments seems to have been successful for her. I hope all works out with your MIL. I know how straining it can be on a family.

Deb - Wow, sounds like you had quite a wo today! Hopefully you will get a good night's sleep tonight. STS moves pretty fast even though there are so many exercises. I really enjoyed disc 1. The push ups were awesome!

Suzanne - Great job on your walk/jog + weights. Are you toning with one of Cathe's DVDs or doing your own thing?

Well, I'm off. Tomorrow is a wo on the cross-trainer + abs. Talk to you in the AM.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.