COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUGUST 8, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COOKIE! Hope you day is as special as you are, my dear friend. Have lots of fun today.

Today I will take a rest day:D

Have a great Sunday/workout! BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

I feel pretty good. Went to bed late and slept till 7. I think I feel better then I would have if I went to bed at 11 and got up at 6 for some strange reasons.

Todays workout is a small run and then some weights. Its nice outside but windy, so I may just do it all on the TM. There is a very good chance that that will be happening. And I don't feel bad for the dog...he needs a rest day! LOL:p

Belinda** DS had quit the vacation at home. Seems like he as been there for a while! I bet you are enjoying his company!

Cookie!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you have a good one!

Trish** Busy day yesterday! Good job getting your workout in!

Ameila** So did you have the fudge pop or the brownie?? LOL I would have had both. Would have had great intentions with just having the fudge pop but then I would have had to atleast TRY the brownies! hehe!

Melissa** My dog is pretty good with the sniffing part. Every once in a while I will get pulled in a certain direction but normally he is pretty good.

Kristin** Enjoy your busy day today! Oh....and your workout!:p

Kelly** Good job with your run yesterday. When is the HM again?

Deb** how are you feeing today after your walk? So how far did you travel in 40 mins doing 1.2 mph? LOL

I did my resume last night and applied on the job.....now we will see what happens. I have no expectations of course. Whatever will be, will be! I will be lucky if I even get an interview. My resume needed to be done anyway...so now I have it just incase something else catches me eye!

BBL!
Lori:)

Morning, ladies! I'm up drinking my coffee and getting ready for my long run. I am leaving on a business trip today so I am packing while the caffeine kicks in.

Will check back later!

Good Morning Ladies

Have L&G on tap for this morning if I can fit it in. I'm going to Lake George to go jet skiing and need to be to my cousin's house in 3 hours! :eek: So....that means I stayed up til past midnight to get my laundry done. :confused:
So because I didnt' start my laundry until 9:30, I needed to keep myself awake, so I went for a run....lol. Right before I get in the shower, who calls?? DG. We talked for about half an hour....about WHAT I"m not exactly sure. :rolleyes:

Cookie- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! ((((Hugs)))). What are you doing on your special day??? And you can't say Work or MIC...............:p

Belinda- Enjoy your rest day!!! :D

Trish- Wow....awesome workout after a long day...and 8 flippin' miles?? High Fives!

Kristin- Enjoy your family's special day today. ;)

Amelia- How was your dinner?? I bet it was yummmyy.... and that's great news about your car!! I must have missed that somewhere......

Deb- What is a body bugg? I"m glad you felt up to walking. Did you end up taking a nap?

Kelly- I find that my upper body is just too worn out after PUB to do the abs section, I always save it for the next day.....after a cardio or something..lol

Kristin- lol @ being addicted to the computer in the morning...I think we're all the same way! Soooo...how was CCC?? Was it more like NoNoNo? That one's killer.

Lori- I have no idea where DG appears from. :confused: Even though we talked last night, no definite plans. Too much going on to be concerned with him at this present time......lol. See how big dreams can get with a new profession???? I find myself having visions as well.............. DC owns the plaza/building that the gym and his business is in, but there's a dance studio at the end.....and all I can think about is them leaving so I can teach step (and whatever else) someday! :D:eek: I mean, it's already got the flooring/mirrors.....everything. I could see you having your own Studio attached to your house.

Helene- How are you? How was Great Escape???

Ohhhh boy....I really hope I got everyone!!! The thread is so big now! :) BBL

Good morning all! So, today was supposed to be a rest day, but never got around to CCC yesterday. I will be doing it after I get off of the computer. Just wanted to say Happy Birthday, Cookie!I will bbl for more personals.

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies!

Kristin

Good Morning

Happy Birthday Cookie!

So, today is weigh in day and guess what? Even with being on TOM im down a lb. Maybe next Sunday the whoosh fairy will visit me;). I have been working so hard these past few weeks and right on track so the loss is encouraging:) I will measure next week...(every two weeks)

We watched a movie last night, Marely and Me....i think i picked a good time to watch it because i was very emotional yesterday and cried my eyes out when the movie was over:confused: it felt good ;) DD was crying too but DS just didn't quite get it,lol.

Belinda-Enjoy your rest day!

Lori-Nope...very proud to say i never ate a brownie,were out of fudge pops so i didn't have that either. I settled for a sugar free popsicle. Good luck with the application.

Kristin-have a good workout with CCC

Iris-Nice job on your run! How is your clients doing?

beskinny-have a safe trip and enjoy your run this morning!

Hello to everyone that follows or checks in while i write this

Today is a cardio, not sure which one. DH is off work for the next three days so That's nice. And the kids starting there first week of school tomorrow...its sad but im excited for some quiet time:confused:

back to report

Okay, I did CCC this morning. I know some of you wanted me to give my opinion on it. OMG! First, let me just say I normally never work out in the morning, but with everything going on today, and I plan on having a few drinks at the bbq ;) I knew I had to do it in the morning or it wouldn't get done. Anyway, I didn't eat, just had a cup of coffee (otherwise someone would get hurt, lol) and then I put it in my player and got started. Halfway through I thought I was going to die. I felt my coffee coming up, no joke (sorry if this is TMI). It was HARD!!!! In the fourth round, I did the modification with the jacks and plyo jacks b/c I knew I would not make it through the rollies and jumps. In the fifth round, I stopped doing the push-up part of the core work and just did triangle holds again. It was a killer. I love a challenge though, and so I will be doing it again and keep it in my rotation until I can do it like Cathe and the girls. I really did like it even though I felt like I was giong to die. Hey, for a 50 minute workout, you really work your butt off. I will not feel guilty when I have a piece of bday cake. Which reminds me, off to make the whipped frosting.

Have a great day, ladies.

Kristin

Hi Girls!

Im at work and its almost lunch time. I ate my breakfast late though so Im not hungry yet! I am going to finish up some of the work I need to do, then Im gonna hit the books! Its been so long since I logged in to the website that I might actually forget my username!:eek:

Ameila** Awesome job with the weightloss and the brownies! You are such a good girl! I still feel weird when I cry during movies...LOL...almost like I think someone is gonna make fun of me but when you are having a bad day, its just as well to cry.

Iris** I have no desire to ever teach a step class. I like step but I don't think my brain could hold all the moves, unless it was a interval type class. Not only that...I hate speaking in front of people. I am more of a one on one type of gal!

Kristin** Sounds like CCC kicked you in the butt!:eek: You won't feel so bad about having a few drinks now! Hope you enjoy your day!

Kelly** Happy running!!!!! And happy packing!!! Do you wear a GPS when you run? I am addicted to mine!:D

Thats it from this neck of the woods. Gonna do some work and then some reading! So nice and quiet here today!

Lori:)

Morning Ladies,

What a busy day yesterday. It started with my little one having blood drawn for allergy testing:(. It was so tough. As her father held her she just kept crying and calling my name. I almost cried with her (what a whimp!). Today's wo is PS Legs and I need to do some abs since I haven't done a single crunch all week:confused:. I have a bookclub meeting today and need to start packing so I'm going to get my wo in this morning.

Happy Birthday Cookie!!! Hope you're enjoying the beach:cool:

Belinda - Enjoy your rest day!! I'm sure your body is thanking you;)

Lori - I actually didn't get to bed until 3AM, but woke up feeling rested...go figure! How are you doing with running? Are you getting back into it? ^5 on doing your resume. I haven't done mine in 8 years. I really need to update it. Enjoy your workout today.

Kelly - How are you liking your haircut today? I have packing on my agenda today as well. Is your business trip to anywhere fun?

Iris - That's original...going for a run to stay awake:p Jet skiing sounds like fun. Have a great time.

Kristin - Nice job on CCC! Add me to the list of the curious about the eating plans;) Have a great day at the party.

Amelia - ^5 on being down a pound. I think my scale is in need of a battery change. I stepped on and off 3 times and got 3 different readings about 4 lbs apart. Once I change the battery I hope it stays on the lower number:eek:. Either way, my clothes are still feeling roomy;) What kind of cardio did you decide on?

Helene - Yup, I'm doing another FF rotation. This one is muscle & cardio (I think). During the first two weeks I had DOMs every day. This week I was a little less consistent and I think my results suffered a bit. But it's a great rotation. Did you make it up to Lake George? Maybe you'll run into Iris if you're going today:) What a great idea about HD. I knew they offered gardening classes but didn't know they offered anything for kids. Will definitely have to check that out.

Deb - How are you feeling today? Glad you were able to get a walk in. Yesterday was a beautiful day. I think we are headed for another wave of heat tomorrow:eek:.

Melissa - What's on your agenda today?

Licia - Hope all is well.

Will BBL. Have a great Sunday everyone.

4ds/HIS done. What a fun workout:D

Trish-Have a great workout today, sorry your little one got upset...its so hard to see them crying. hugs to you! I hope i can hold it together tomorrow morning when the kids get on the school bus:confused:

Lori-Glad to hear you having a nice quiet day at work. Enjoy your studying/reading.

Kristin-high fives on your workout! I didn't order Cathe's last workouts but ive seen pre-views...they look very intense.

hello to everyone!

Good afternoon girls,

I'm walking on the TM and now I'm up to 2.0:D but it feels good to be doing something and not feeling pain while doing it or after. The only time I feel pain is after 7PM. Last night I so wanted to sleep on my stomach but can't so I tossed and turned a lot!

Cookie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

Belinda - Hope your enjoying your rest day! You must miss Costco when your in Germany.

Lori - Yeah not clocking in the miles on the TM;) these days. It must feel good to have your resume ready to send:) Have fun running today.

Amelia - Great job with the scale . . . it paid not to have that brownie;)

Kelly - Going anyplace fun on your business trip?

Iris - Sounds like a fun day of jetskiing. I think Helene was supposed to be at the Lake this weekend, maybe you'll run into each other.

Krisitin - Have fun at your party today.

Trish - Can't believe you were able to get your workout in yesterday being so busy . . . and no nap:eek: I took one for you yesterday:D

Helene - How was the Lake . . . did you see Iris jetting by?

Have a great day:)

Iris - Forgot to tell you what Body Bugg is it's an advanced pedometer that calculates how many steps & calories you burn by measuring steps & heat generated. You wear it on your arm like an armband and you can also wear it to sleep and see how much actual sleep you are getting. You also have to pay a monthly subscribers fee to download your info.

Someone told me they use it on the Biggest Loser show.

Late check in for me!! I work PT for a promotional company so unfortunately I had to work today. It's ok though cuz I did a wine tasting and I get to keep the leftover wine. YUM. Actually, that might be bad lol. I did MMA Fusion before work this morning. I love that WO so much!! And to tell you what an outstanding social life I have, here is the rundown of my Saturday night: my bf went to a boys' night out so my friend from CT was coming down for a reunion and then we were gonna hang out. I told him to call me when he was done. Yeah well too bad I passed out at NINE THIRTY and didn't wake up until this morning!! I even slept thru my phone ringing off the hook...15 missed calls, all from my bf and my friend, ha!

Amelia, CONGRATS on your weight loss!! That is so awesome :)

Cookie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope you are enjoying it :)

Helene, thank you so much for the calendar! This looks so awesome. I have to think of a daily goal now to stick to.

Kristin, happy birthday to your son!! I hope you're having fun at the bbq. LOL, isn't CCC killer?! Actually I think I'm gonna throw that one into my rotation; I only got thru the entire WO one time. Also, I was thinking of you when I went grocery shopping today and got some packs of the 60 cal dark chocolate SF jello.

Deb, I'm glad you're feeling better and get to start walking again! That is awesome.

Evening all,

Belinda: Hope you enjoyed your rest day. Two weeks with DS is going to go so quickly.

Melissa: You are welcome for the calendar. You don't have to have a theme for the day, but I kind of enjoyed it. It helped me keep my focus on the various aspect of fitness and staying on track. Nice job on MMA fusion, I really will have to give that one another try someday. Can't believe your slept through 15 phone calls :eek:

Kristin: Love your description of CCC. Still don't know how Lori *needs* to go for a run after that one. :eek: Hope you are enjoying the Bdays.

Cookie: I'll join the HAPPY BIRTHDAY chorus :) Hope the beach was all you had been dreaming of.

Deb: Take it easy on your tummy. I bet the doctor is going to be amazed at how well you are doing already! Didn't go to the lake after all. See below.

Trish: That is the worst when they stick needles in the little ones :( Nice job getting all your workouts in before you go though.

Lori: Hope your day at work was productive. At least for you :D Did your dog ever recover? ;)

Amelia: You are doing awesome! Congratulations. Have your measurements been going down since you started as well?

Kelly: Do you have to travel a lot? So jealous of your straight hair by the way. I have a curly pouf. People like my curly hair and I hate it. I think half of this thread has pouffy hair from what I understand. Your haircut sounds lovely. Hope you got your long run done.

Iris: Hope you had fun at the lake.

Hope I got everyone. This thread is such a happening place now.

Well I wasn't so good today, but I had fun :) I had some beer (several :eek: ) and hung out in a warm pool all afternoon in the sun. :) All good except I still had my workout to do tonight. I did L&G and that was tough. Don't know if it because I had too much fun or if my legs were still tired from yesterday (LM and carrying a 40lb DD on my shoulders through the amusement park). But it's done so I'm all set.

See you all in the morning :)

Last edited:
COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUGUST 9, 2010

Good morning,

I will do cardio today? Haven't decited on what yet?

Cookie - hope you had a wonderful day yesterday!

Have a great day and workout, everyone! Later I will catch up with personals! BBL!

Hello all and Happy Monday. I had a great day yesterday with family adn friends. nikolas loved his birthday party. I ate a lot of junk :eek: but it was tasty junk, lol. Today I am going to try to eat better, but I am going out to dinner with my DH for his birthday, so we shall see. We are going to a movie too, and I am definitely getting at least a small popcorn. Anyways, the plan is to do Cardio and Weights for a workout and then lounge in the pool for a while.

Belinda- Good job on the 60 min run.

Pinny- CCC definitely was a lot harder than I expected. I will have to be brave and try it in the evening, see if that makes a difference b/c I really never workout in the morning. PUB is one o fmy favorite upper body workouts. I always feel DOMs the next day. I still cannot do the ball pikes, and my arms are so fried when we get to the abs, I struggle with the oblique twists on the ball with the dumbell.

Helene- I had a few beers yesterday myself. They seem to go hand in hand with BBQs and summer weekends. At least you got through the workout. I would've used the beer as an excuse not to get it done. BTW, I thought the same thing about Lori going for a run after CCC, how did she do that? I'm lucky I am still alive, lol.

Melissa- are the DOMs from 4 DS Kickbox. I find the lower body work to be fast and deceptively "easy" only to feel the effects of it later on in a big way. Those puddings help me get my chocolate fix without ruining my diet for the day. Hope you like them.

Cookie- Hope you had a great birthday!

BBL!
Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.