COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUGUST 4, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I will do cardio today, not sure what yet? Looks like it will rain again today:mad: i hope to get a run in? if not, I will pull out a DVD!

Happy Hump Day! BBL!

Morning!
Belinda, I'm having empathy for you - my sinuses are real bad today. It's high humidity here and that always gets me. I'll preorder both, but I'm wondering about what dvd you might pull out today. Is it a comedy with popcorn?
Deb, really hope you're doing better now. Perhaps you were better on the day of surgery since the anesthesia was still in your system. Is your mom there now? Forget the chores - this is a great time for you to be waited on like you should be all the time. Rest, please.
Amelia, what's up with the car? Any news? Reading any good books these days?
Trish, with all your running around, now wonder you're not feeling well. Plus with being up til 1 and 2 am, and not because you are out partying. LOL at the image of your and your dh tugging with the sofa. Didn't you feel like getting a saw out and taking care of the problem? I know I think that way. Hope it is a comfortable sofa for you to lay and rest that shoulder on.
Lori, speaking of running around - where the heck are you? Have you run off to Montreal or on your way to Ottawa. All of a sudden I'm thinking of you as a female Forrest Gump running and running and running.
Helene, how's the company and things going? Are you getting some time to yourself?
Iris, if I said or did anything to offend you, I'm reallly sorry. Please come back.
Melissa, glad you made it here. Do you have LowMax? I got a copy with the new step and don't need it. If you want it, just pm me your mailing address, and I'll mail it out on Friday.
Kristin, happy to see you here also. I truly treasure my friends here. They've been a wonderful source of information, support, laughs, and commitment. Are you going to tell the group about your success story? It's very inspiring.
Licia, have you finished moving yet?
Didn't get home til after 9:30 last night. TG I always carry a pack of tuna with me. Think I would have eaten somebody's arm or more without it. HIIT 40/20 is on the calendar for today and plan on getting to it this afternoon. By then my sinuses might be a little better. Otherwise, it might be athletic step. And abs. I need to remember to do abs. Why do I always put them off?
Cookie

Morning,

Belinda: Well my eating if going down too. This visitor thing is going to be the death of me.... Glad you are lifting heavy.

Cookie: You are turn into quite a ring leader here ;) I'm doing the pre-order too. I think I am just going to do the downloads. I have to see with DH about Thursday night. I'll give you a call today.

Amelia: Nice job on SS. I do have bootcamp and ME but they are with my SIL at the moment. I will have them back early October.

Lori: Yep you are quiet too....... Maybe it's going to be a quiet August. With my guests at home I have little time to check - in .... or workout :confused:

Trish: I am so tired as well. Now I have FIL and DH's second cousin at home for a month. I didn't find time to workout these past couple of days. And I am not eating well with them here. I am thinking I should check in to a hotel until they leave.

Deb: I hope today is better and that you are not in too much pain. :confused: Feel free to ask me again later about the download setup that I use if it helps. Sending healing vibes your way.

Hi Kristin and Melissa! I am 37, work at a desk all day long and have two young children 3 and 5. I live really close to Cookie and Iris who sometimes checks in as well. I am usually pretty good about my workouts but struggle with the eating part like many. I discovered Cathe from a girl at work six years ago or more. Been hooked ever since but only last year started checking in.

Iris: Hello if you are lurking.

OK, didn't get a workout in yesterday. I was tired from my Monday night meeting (it went until 11:30PM can you believe it)?! And with my guests here it is making it harder. Not sure what to do about all that. 3 more weeks and then a vacation. Can't wait.

BBL if I can. I might take my workout clothes and go to the gym at lunch.

Good Morning!:)

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Its been a busy few days and yesterday I was thrown off b/c I had a flight at 3:45 a.m:mad:...which means I slept in...which means I didn't get to workout....which means I didn't get to do my normal routine:( Last night I had to go back to work again! UGh! This is getting OLD!!

I had a great b-day on Mon. DH bought me a new blackberry!:D Soooo happy about that,my other one was just hanging on my a tread. I also got a new pair of jammies and some money. I asked my sister for the cathe weighted gloves. I can't wait to try them in a KB workout!

So yesterday was a rest day and so was Sunday....I know! Shocking isn't it?:rolleyes: Todays workout will be a run and hopefully legs or UB. I have some catching up to do. I will also be doing abs!

Belinda** Hope you get your workout in. Its suppose to be nice here today but it looks like its gonna rain.

Cookie** NO...LOL...I haven't skipped the country or anything crazy! If I don't check in 1st thing in the morning, I find it really hard to check in any other time of the day. Im guessing you have been having sinus problems!? Not good! Hopefully you will recover from that quickly!

Helene** When my sister comes home I also find it hard to get the time to check in. I usually spend all of my days off at my parents house. I need a nice long vacation as well!!!!

I am going to try and read yesterdays thread...then I will return!

Lori:)

See....DS is nagging for the computer already. I downloaded Toy Story 3 the other day and now he wants to watch it.

Thank you all for the B-day wishes! Can't believe I am 32!:confused:But its all good cause I bought some cream the other day and I am suppose to look 5 yrs younger in 14 days! LOL

Deb** did you have your surgery? How are you feeling? Im crossing my fingers that you make a speedy recovery!

Ameila** I haven't even thought about school supplies yet, we have another 5 weeks or so. Kids are so expensive! I wonder what people who don't have kids do with their money? LOL

Cookie** DH tried to do PUB with me once and he only made it through 2 sections. He thought it wasn't wise to do all of it at once!:rolleyes:

Melissa and Kristin** Welcome to our group! I think I am the only canadian out of this bunch. Married with 2 kids and work full time...barf!

Trish** nice workout yesterday!

O.k...did I miss anyone??? Sorry if I did. I should jet so I can get some work done and my workout!

Happy belated bday Lori!!!

Cookie, I'm glad it's just not me who dreads doing abs. I always put them off too. A big part is cuz if I do them after a full workout, my hip flexors are so sore that they bother me a lot during ab work and I just can't perform up to par. I will usually take a few hrs off and do abs later at night but that doesn't always happen :p Also, I do have LowMax but thanks for the offer!!

Last night I did 4DS, the chest & back w/ higher intensity step. It was SO much fun but I have to admit, I was spazzing out on a lot of the step work. I had to rewind so many times and when I would watch Cathe I'd yell "WHAT?!?!" I'm not the most coordinated one in the bunch. Tonight is another 4DS workout: low intensity step w shoulders/core/calves. I'm excited cuz I looooove doing shoulder work for some reason.

This morning I had organic rolled oats for the 1st time. I was scared but they actually weren't too bad. I threw in some cinnamon, a banana, and a small amt of walnuts. For lunch I have a salad w grilled chicken and hot salsa. I might have thrown too much salsa in there so my mouth might be hurting later; my coworkers won't mind that though since it will shut me up ;)

A little about me: I'm 29 years old and I'm from Westchester County, NY. I don't have any kids (yet), and I have been with my bf Mark for about 4 years. I also work FT as a marketing analyst. I'm really not satisfied with my job and it is really bringing me down, so last month I took a few days to go down to VA and visit my family, and also to do a little soul-searching. I decided I really REALLY want to become a physical therapist. Going back to school is terrifying me, especially going back for something totally outside of my realm, but I feel like it is right. I was originally planning on going for my MBA only because it's the path: you get your undergrad in business then you go for your MBA, but something just didn't feel right and I wasn't thrilled about it. When I think about going for PT though, I get SO excited and I know it is a better fit for me. Today the plan is to price schools out and set up meetings with advisors to discuss prereqs; I'm looking at SUNY Stoneybrook and Mercy but there are so many factors to consider. My parents are the best though; they said if I needed help, I could live with them rent free and pursue a FT degree and fulfill my dream. I love them sooooo much!!!!!

Last edited:
hello all

Hi All! I am so happy to have met Cookie and to join this group.

Helene- I also have two small kids, two boys. One just turned two in June, and my other will be 5 (AHHH!) on Monday. He is gearing up for kindergarten, which I cannot wrap my head around, lol. I am a teacher, so I am enjoying the summer off with the two of them. I do worry about my little one and how is he going to react when he goes back to daycare in Sept.

My success story: After having my second son, Christopher in 2008, I weighed 206 pounds after my six week postpartum check-up. This really bothered me b/c I weighed 220 the day I gave birth. They say you lose 25 pounds right after birth, but I only lost a whopping 14. I was not comfortable in my body being this heavy, but the truth is I was not in shape or a healthy weight even before having kids. When I was in high school I ran long distance track. I was very thin and could eat whatever I wanted. I worked at BK after school and I would feast on burgers, fries and chicken tenders and not gain a pound. Well, I worked out on and off, mostly off in my 20s and had weighed about 170 before getting pregnant with my first baby. I had seen Cathe on Fittv years ago. I used to watch her, like sit on the couch and watch her lift a barbell and think wow, I could never do that. I thought of her and found her website. I knew how intense her workouts were so I started with a beginner dvd, Basic Step and body Fusion. I was winded after doing BS, but I stuck with it. After Christmas in 2009, I weighed around 160. Still had a jelly-middle and wasn't losing weight like I once had even though I was working out 6 days a week, with advanced Cathe dvds. My friend at work, a personal trainer and nutritionist on the side, told me I had to eat clean. ICK! I never ate fruits or veggies. I reluctantly gave it a try. I am still very limited in what veggies I will eat, and fruit has to be put in a smoothie or protein shake for me to get it down, but I stuck with it. The combination of eating clean and working out with Cathe was like magic. I now weigh 138 and look better than I did in high school. Anyways, that is my success story. It took two years to get here, but it was soooooo worth it. Cathe is a big part of it though. She is so motivating and her variety of workouts helped me to continue to make gains. Cannot wait for the new ones to come out.

Okay, so today's workout agenda was going to be Cardio Core Circuit. I bought it on the RT. However, my chest is beyond sore from GS Chest and Tri's yesterday and I know there are some push-up moves in there, so I am thinking I will try IMAX2 for the first time and throw in the stability ball abs from B&G.

Happy Hump Day!

Kristin

Last edited:
Morning

Belinda-Enjoy whatever cardio you decide on!

Helene-3 weeks will be here before you know it! Enjoy your workout today at the gym!

Cookie-MMM, thank goodness for tuna packs. Right now im reading a book by Geneen Roth " breaking free from compulsive eating" i really like it. I getting ready to start another Charliane Harris book called 'Grave Sight' about a women who sees ghost...should be interesting. My DH may have found the problem with the car, a short in some wiring, he plans on working on it today.

Lori-Glad to hear you had a great b-day! Nice gifts too!!! enjoy your workout today!

Mellisa, Love LIS from 4ds..the music is fun and the step are a little easier than the HIS on there! Good luck on your search for schools, i hope you find one that you like!

Trish-How is your shoulder today? How is the school shopping coming along? We got all of it done yesterday(thank goodness) I just couldn't believe how much my kids have grown over the summer, they couldn't wear anything from last year:confused: even their socks were too little:eek:

Iris-How is everything? Hope your having a good day!

Debbie-Hope your feeling better today!

Welcome Kristine:), congratulations on your weight loss! Enjoy your workout today!

Ok, ive got to scoot. Today will be Lowmax as much as possible. I will bbl to report it!:)

Melissa- SUNY Stony Brook is literally 5 minutes away from me!!! I went there for my Master's. It is a great school. If you pick this one we can definitely hang :D. I think it is great that you are pursuing something that will be rewarding to you. Good for you. It will pay off in the long run.

Kristin

Amelia- I love LM, it is one of my favorites.. . I do dread the last segment though. All those kicks, lol. They always get me.

Kristin

Hi Girls!

Back from an hour long run and its sooo hot out. But its over with now. I tackled hills 4x's so Im pretty sure I did o.k. DS is gone with DH and Im wondering how much longer. I could probably get a leg or UB workout in. Maybe I should do UB and leave legs for tomorrow.

I saw a job on the job bank I am going to apply on. I don't have many quailifications but Im doing it anyway....cause ya never know!!!! Pearly whites and big boobs can get you places....ok...don't have big boobs....or even med size ones....but I have nice teeth! LOL Not only that, it may light a fire under my employers @ss!

Just text DH and he will be home in 10 so no leg workout and no UB. DD is watching my SIL's girls for the afternoon and one wants to do stuff that the other doesn't:confused: Can anyone say high maintance??

I will bbl to catch up on personals!

BBL!

Hi girls,

I had a good night sleep last night:) Today is better I have been taking Tylenol every 4 or 5 hours and 1/2 of the strong stuff before bed. My Dr. thinks I'm nuts but I just don't want to take the strong stuff all day. So, I have been wearing my Bodybugg and walked 2,100 steps yesterday:( I'm going to slowly increase each day. My Mom's on her way:)

Belinda - I hope you were able to get your run in today:)

Cookie - Happy your feeling better and looks like you jumped right back into the workouts already:)

Helene - It's so hard when you have company to do your normal routine:( I couldn't imagine having company for that long.

Lori - So are we going to see before and after photos with this miracle wrinkle cream;) You cracked me up today. What kind of job are you applying for?

Amelia - Too funny that the kids socks don't even fit:) Have fun with lowmax today.

Trish - I hope you caught up on your sleep yesterday. Kiddie parties can knock you out:)

Iris - Hi, just in case your lurking:)

Melissa - Sounds like a great plan of going back to school especially when your still young:) My 2nd cousin is doing the same exact thing as you.

Kristin - Great success story!! My DH used to eat 3 whoppers when he was in HS and never gained a pound . . . thank god he is healthy now:)

Have a great day:)

Melissa- SUNY Stony Brook is literally 5 minutes away from me!!! I went there for my Master's. It is a great school. If you pick this one we can definitely hang :D. I think it is great that you are pursuing something that will be rewarding to you. Good for you. It will pay off in the long run.

Kristin

AWESOME!!! I have to see if they offer grad housing, otherwise I have no idea how to pay rent if I'm not working LOL. I will def keep you posted!

BTW, Kristin I made our little RT group pic my wallpaper on my comp at work to keep me motivated! I'm so inspired by your success story!!! :)

Punka, the Harper Connelly books are so much fun! I read all of them. I'm now working on the Stephanie Plum series and those are a blast too.

LMAO Lori!!!! Good luck with the job!!! Sometimes, you don't think your qualified but you actually do have skills and ambitions that fit the organization so you're right... you never know!! Keep us posted. :D

Hello,

Quick check-in..... Not making it to the gym after all. I got stuck in traffic this morning because of an accident on the road and I just have too much work to do. Such is life. I'll have to figure out something later.

Deb: Is it better today? Ugh, I hope you recover quickly. I love how many smiley faces you use though. ;)

Kristin: Oooh, I love your success story. I will have to pick your brain. If you don't mind that is. I would love to be 138. I have been stuck at 150-155 for two years now..... I lack focus though :eek: and I will blame that on the pace of life. I used to hover at 180+ after my second one until I got sick of it. Never really been the skinny girl my entire life. But I still can be. Healthy thin that is. :) Glad you get to enjoy the summer. I am enjoying my office window.......

Amelia: 3 weeks to the day. I'll be counting down the days I think. So 21 to go. LOL. They are fine, it's just that my routine which is always hard to stick to is now even harder. I love LM too. The music in that one is great. Can't believe your kids are going back to school already. Mine go back after labor day.

Melissa: That is so exciting. I say go for it. :eek: Awesome that you have the backup of your family. So you and Kristin are also from NY state. We are slowly taking over this thread. :p I'm by Cookie upstate.

Lori: Fun fun. Flights and work. Could be a thing of the past. Ya never know. LOL at the chest and teeth. How big is the town you live in? Is DS still enjoying the new daycare set up? So DH did good for your Bday. That's great!

Trish: How is your eating doing? I am wondering if I will ever get mine somewhere halfway descent with life being so busy. But I don't want to use that as an excuse. I hope you are enjoying the new couch.

Cookie: Did you get that report done?! I hope so.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. A big hello otherwise. :D

I'll get my pre-order in tonight. Too much going on at the moment. :rolleyes:

Hey Girls! Quick check in...no time for personals! Its crazy right now at my house!! DDs little friend from down the street just left, she came over to visit and swim. I was outside talking to her mother for a little while and we both remembered we have open house in an hour so we laughed and parted ways. Now im getting ready to take the kids to open house...i just need to remember to breath:confused:

Lowmax step combos only-Check
Rodney Yee A.M yoga:standing poses-Check

Ok. i will bbl for some personals! :)

Afternoon girls,

Finally getting a chance to check in. After this, I am headed over to pre-order the new workouts and get some old ones. How's everyone doing? I got to bed around 9:45 but still woke up feeling tired:mad:. I guess my body is not quite caught up on the missing sleep. Hopefully tonight will be an early night as well. Today's wo was iClimb 9 (40 mins, 444 cals). I'm going to shoot for a second wo tonight if possible. I'm falling behind on my rotation :confused:

Belinda - So, I'm sure you have pre-ordered by now:) How did your cardio work out go today? DVD or run?

Cookie - What a mess DH and I were the other night. We didn't quite make it to the saw, but we ended up putting a number of holes in the wall AND taking out a banister! SMH!! Crazy! What a humid day? My first thought is always to your hair LOL! How are the sinuses?

Helene - How do you like the downloads? This will be my first time ordering them and I was planning on pre-ordering both DVDs and downloads, but that doesn't seem to make sense, right? I am going to the apple store later to pick up cables and try connecting my phone to my tv. For a tech person, I am so behind the times with certain things. Dang, on your meeting last night!! I hope it was a conf. call at least, otherwise the expression on your face was probably not a good one. I'm with you...counting down the days until they girls are back in school (9/7 for my crew). The eating is good for the most part...no binging, but occasional missteps. I'm just taking each day as it comes. So far, today has been a clean day;)

Lori - Two rest days in a row?? Your body must be in shock! LMAO at your fountain of youth cream;)

Melissa - Yum, lunch and dinner both sound good! I'm trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. What I like to eat, my family does not and vice versa. Are you following a rotation or making it up as you go? Congratulations on discovering your passion!! It seems like you have the right support system in place to go for it.

Kristin - What an inspirational story!! Thanks for sharing:) You should be pretty proud of yourself. I am struggling with the eating clean part some days, but lately things have been good. GS Chest & tris get me, too. The rotation I'm following now, does a lot of GS work..ouch!

Amelia - Oh man, I hope my girls can squeeze into SOMETHING from last year:). This weekend I hope to get it all tried on. Their new lunchboxes arrived the other day, so they were excited about that. Hope the kiddies have fun at open house. Nice wos today;)

Deb - Glad you're feeling better. I'm sure mom is going to take great care of you;) How long do you have to lay off exercise?

Hello to anyone I missed. I'm off to do some Cathe shopping;)

Melissa Definitely keep me posted. I have been wearing my bracelets to keep me motivated. This week is hard to stay focused on eating clean b/c I ate all those carbs last weekend. So far, I have been good though. My son's birthday party is Sunday and I plan on making that my cheat day ;). So I keep telling myself, Sunday will be hear before you know it!

Helene Pick my brain anytime. I'm still trying to branch out and try new foods (and by that I mean veggies and fruits). I had so many yummy carbs on the RT that I am craving them. They are calling out to me, I swear, but so far I have been able to hold my ground. Where in upstate are you from?

Trish I just got Gym Styles a few weeks ago. I didn't get lower body though, instead I bought Butts and Guts. They are tough. I am hoping to get some more definition in my upper body. My chest is so sore today.

I finished IMAX2 and stability ball abs on B&G. Holy moly. This was my first time doing IMAX2 and it was hard, but sooo much fun. I have been missing out big time! I haven't preordered yet, gotta pay the bills first and see what is left. We are trying very hard not to use the credit card :eek:.

I love this forum, by the way. Thank you, Cookie for inviting us to join!
Kristin

BTW- Debbie- three whoppers a day!!!! Good lord! My husband can eat two to three Entenmann's donuts and two glasses of milk at night and nothing. . . no weight gain. It is not fair!!!

Kristin

Well, im here! Just popping to see what i missed today. I just purchased the digital download for Body Fusion since i don't have that one.

Oh and my DH fixed the car all by his self, there was a loose wire that needed to be re-wired:) Now she is running great!!!

OK, After reading about the new workouts and talking to my DH , I HAVE DECIDED TO PRE-ORDER THEM:eek: the only thing is i will have to wait until my DH gets his next paycheck then i will be jumping and screaming like a little girl as i click that BUY button:eek::eek::D This is my FIRST pre-sale and i can't wait. Im really interested in High reps, the rest im sure i will love too.

Kristin-Isn't Imax2 fun? I love the music in that one! Nice job on your workout today!

Trish-LOL, Im keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to buy everything new for your kids like i had too:confused: Have fun Cathe shopping!

Helene-so i guess when you read this in the morning it will be 20 more days;) Sorry you got stuck in traffic today, thats no fun

Melissa-I will have to add the Harper Connelly books to my list. Right now i seem to be stuck on the whole Vampire phenomenon(read twilight saga + all the true blood books)

Debbie-More hugs to you, take it easy...you'll be back and better than ever soon!

Lori-You crack me up! Good luck on your application today and nice run!

ok, i think that catches me up with personals.
Later Gators:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.