COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR AUGUST 10, 2010

Hallo again,

I am done with Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 22, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I also did the stretch and abs from PS! My shoulders are fried:p

Warmup:
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps

Workout:
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 65#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 65#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 65#/8 reps

Incline Flyes - 23/12 reps
Incline Flyes - 23/10 reps
Incline Flyes - 23/8 reps

Incline Bench Press - 65#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 65#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 65#/8 reps

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 22's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 18's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 14's/10 reps

Incline Bench Front Raise - 13/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 10/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 10/10 reps

Seated Lateral Raise - 13's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 13's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 10's/10 reps

Seated Rear Flyes - 18's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 14's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 12's/10 reps

Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 18#/12 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 18#/10 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 18#/8 reps

Close Grip Pushups - 10 repa
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps on knees

Double-Arm Kickbacks - 13's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 8's/10 reps

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Morning,im up early getting the kiddies ready.

Belinda-Great workout today, wtg!

Not sure what im doing Today? The rotation calls for a full body but im tired of doing them...maybe I will do a three day split this week using 4ds w/cardio and yoga in between. Time to change things up.

bbl

Good Morning!

Coffee pot decided not to work today so I had to go out and buy coffee!:confused: I guess buying a new pot is on the agenda for today. Its also raining here so I don't know what we will do today.

Yesterdays workout was pilates abs and 13k run. Im not sure how long my run is suppose to be today but UB is a must.

Belinda** Nice workout. I did a little bit of studying yesterday while DS was playing in the hot tub.

Ameila** I use to go back to bed all the time when I was pregnant and on mat leave. I would send DD off to school and I would crawl back into bed. I felt awful doing it but what else was I suppose to? LOL So I slept when I could. Its to bad you can't "bank" sleep and use it when your sleep deprived! hehe!

Deb** Happy to hear you are atleast getting to walk!:) I dip whatever I can in choc!! Gum drop cake and banana bread are a must as well. Its been a while since I have had it...Im looking forward to it.

Melissa** I like a bit of quiet time as well, I think we all do. There was a point in time where I hated being alone and wanted someone around all the time! Not sure what I was thinking back then. Enjoy dinner with your fam tonight!

Helene** So your gonna try JC? How was the meeting? I had to laugh when you said you needed a beer to get you through it! LOL

Trish** Awesome workouts! The worst thing about applying for jobs is waiting to hear from them...and I might never hear from them. OR they may need be even looking at resumes for another month or so...who knows. So its best not to even think about it.

Kristin** How was your evening with DH? Glad to hear everyone had a good b-day!

Decided to hop on the scale today and was happy....122.9....last time I weighed I was pushing 127!!!! Nearly DIED! But I knew it b/c my clothes didn't feel comfortable anymore. Im sure most of it was water weight but it doesn't take long to feel weight when your short!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Well today turned into a rest day....I slept from 10 pm until 7:30 this morning....that's 9 1/2 hours!!! I can't tell ya the last time I slept over 6 hours....:confused: Truth be told....I have a bit of a sore throat. :( I'm not too worried about missing a day ...I have 2 hours of soccer tomorrow night...lol

Last night did Rodnee Yee....I forget the exact name of the one that goes through the times of day? But I did it all the way through, and kind of dozed off on "Surrender" :confused: Hence, that's why I put myself to bed at 10.

Belinda- Are you doing STS again right now? Yes I got PUB in ;) That's one workout I always have time for.

Helene- Yeah I know, fml is not very nice! Im looking for a nicer way to say that, cuz I mean it to be funny, not nasty! I have DOMS , but nothing serious. :cool: And you're right, shoulders ARE killer in 4DS, I remember thinking exactly that when I did it last. I actually have it on tap for Thursday.....if I have time before work. Beer is not clean eating...HOWEVER, it is an integral part of the wellness process. :D Are you inviting me to your party? I might be back in town by then, and of course I took the night off, and of course I'll bring beer. I was eyeing the Saranac at the market on Saturday....lol

Lori- Did you get your DS coffee too?? :eek: That was too funny. WTG on that 5 lbs...that's huge in short people world! How tall are you? I"m 5'1" and 1/2...lol

Amelia- So what are you going to do today with an empty nest? I can't believe the kids are going back so early! Up here, it's after Labor Day!

Kristin- I thought I was the only one who though the ab work was impossible after doing PUB....:eek: I did do it yesterday, and subbed oblique crunches for the weighted twists. My arms can't hold anything up! I shooooook through the jack planks. How was C&W??

Trish- You inspired the workout I didn't do today!! I was going to do cardio and some kind of leg work (nothing crazy), now I want to do PS Floor work...lol There's no DOMS better than glute DOMS are there?? I just signed up two clients just yeseterday......:eek::confused: DC is......no better than before....lol

Deb- I've always been intrigued by the gofitwear thingies......I'd like to know my activity levels, steps...etc. Great job on the treadmill! Are you still in pain at night?? Sorry you have TOM on top of all of this. :(

Ok ladies.....BBL!

Morning ladies!!

Belinda, great job on the workout!! All those pushups are killers. Can you do them all on your toes? My goal is to bang out at least 1 set on my toes...I have a long way to go lol.

Lori, great job on the weight loss & your 13k run :eek:!!

Deb, do you have a Melting Pot restaurant near you? It is sooooooo good but dangerous!! They have every kind of fondue you can imagine and SO many chocolate dessert fondues. They also give you all kinds of fruit, pound cake, marshmallows, rice krispie treats, & brownies to dip in. Monday nights are ladies night so you get a cheese fondue, a dessert fondue, and 1 drink each for a set price (I think it's $30 each but I could be wrong). SO delicious!!!!

Pinny, congrats on signing up 2 clients!! That is a great feeling isn't it?

Last night we went out for dessert at this cute cafe by my house. Even though we shared it, I felt so guilty eating so much chocolate lol (plus, tonight we are going out for my mom's bday so I know I won't be eating very healthy). When we got home I decided to throw in a workout. I can't believe I actually worked out from 10-11:30 last night! I never work out that late...EVER!! But you ladies all inspire me so I said "Melissa, get off your butt and get busy." It was great because I knew no one would interrupt me, so I was really able to concentrate on my routine. I did 30/30 and 4DS Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Core. I also worked really hard creating a 4DS-based 6 week rotation. I might have made it too advanced but I'm gonna try it out and see what happens.

BBL!!

:)Good morning girls,

The worst part about feeling better is have a hard time not popping in a Cathe DVD:( I'm doing 1/2 my walk this morning 1/2 this afternoon. I'm going to ask Dr. later just how fast I can go:)

Belinda - I bought my Gofitwear/Body Bugg on Amazon. Gofitwear is a bit cheaper and I really like it (same company). Can't believe your almost finished with Meso 2:)

Lori - So is DS complaining that the foffee pot is broken:) Wow, you drop the pounds quickly.

Amelia - Does DS come home exhausted?

Iris - Your body probably needed the rest:) even though sometimes you feel more tired after too much sleep:confused: Less pain last night:)

Helene - I think the Jenny Craig is a good way to jump start, you'll have portion control & routine to follow without having to think about it. My SIL is going to start in Sept. too.

BBL, Hi to everyone who follows.

Have a great day

Good morning ladies! My clean eating was derailed the last two days. I overindulged at dinner last night too :eek:. I know next week is going to be hard to stay on track because we are going on vacation, so my goal is to be super clean for the rest of the week. We shall see. Last night was great. My cousin babysat my boys. DH an I went to the movies and saw The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. I thought it was very funny. I laughed A LOT, but that kind of humor is not for everyone.

On today's agenda I am doing Kickmax and adding some plank work at the end. I know some of you wanted more info from my friend on an eating plan. I haven't forgotten. I just need to type the documents up b/c I don't have a scanner and my laptop didn't come with Word, so I have to wait for my husband to bring home the program from work.

Belinda- WTG on your workout this morning. I am impressed with all of you who can workout early in the morning. I just cannot do it unless I have too. I still don't have STS :(. Maybe Santa will bring it for Christmas this year ;).

Lori- Last night was great. I just need to get back on track with eating now. I still can't believe you ran after doing CCC :eek:

Amelia- Good luck on your w/o, whatever you decide. 4 DS is my favorite series by far.

Iris- No, those weighted twists make me feel like my arms and chest are going to fall right off. Everytime I do PUB I dread that part. My arms are so fried at that point. KILLER! C & W was surprisingly harder than I expected. I felt the burn :D. i sweated a lot. I liked the fast pace of the workout too. the ab work at the end was the icing on the cake. I like to do abs almost every day.

Melissa- WTG last night! Whenever I have to w/o late at night I am iffy about it, but it always feels better to do it than not. I'd love to see your rotation. I am planning on going back t 4 DS in September.

Debbie- Keep going one day at a time. You seem to be making good progress every day. You'll be doing Cathe WO before you know it!

Trish- adding another set to GS Chest and Tri's. . . WTG! My chest is so fried and shaking by the end of the chest work, I cannot imagine going for another set.

BBL,
Kristin

quick check in ...workout done. Decided on 4ds Back & biceps then did about 40minutes of Turbo Jam w/weighted gloves.

bbl w/personals.

Morning girls,

My whole body is aching...chest, tris, shoulders glutes, hams, quads:D Then today's wo was...

LM Warm-up & Cycle #1
Squats - 20 reps - 30 lbs.
Plie Squats - 20 reps - 30 lbs.
LM Cycle #2
Squats - 20 reps - 30 lbs.
Plie Squats - 20 reps - 30 lbs.
LM Cycle #3
Leg Presses - 2 sets 16 reps - 10 lbs.
LM Cycle #4
Static Lunges - 2 sets 16 reps - 30 lbs.
LM Cycle #5
Leg Presses - 2 sets 16 reps - 10 lbs.
LM Cycle #6
Static Lunges - 2 sets 16 reps - 30 lbs.
LM Cycle #7
Calf Raises - 2 sets of 25 reps
Cool down

I'm just fried. End of story!:eek: FF was on the receiving end of a lot of curses this morning:p

Belinda - I am doing FF's Muscle Building & Cardio rotation. I will be on vacay during the last week of the rotation so I'm going to do Travel Fit for the first time. Haven't decided if I will finish the rotation when I get back or start STS (or other rotation) when I get back. My UB is definitely getting cut from this rotation;) Glad the sun is shining for you:) Nice weights on your wo today girl!

Helene - Yup, my vacation officially begins on Thursday, but I've already let my director know that my mind will be on the plane beginning Wednesday morning:eek: How did the meeting go last night? Any DOMs this morning? I feel like somebody beat me up:rolleyes:. Oy! Have you ever done a JC or other program before? I never have. You'll have to let me know your thoughts on it.

Amelia - Which rotation are you doing? How are the little ones enjoying school? Nice wo today!

Lori - Nice wo yesterday;) and congrats on the scale being down. I still haven't bought a battery for mine, but that's on the agenda for today. I definitely have to WI before leaving so I'll know just how bad I have been:eek:

Iris - Dang:p!! Your body must have needed sleep. I would die for that kind of sleep (ok, not literally, but you know what I mean). I hope your sore throat doesn't turn into something worse:confused:. Glad I can inspire somebody:D You're right, glute DOMs are wicked. After today's wo, I think I will be feeling it for a few more days;) You go girl, you are getting clients left and right!! Now THAT is inspiring. I really should dust off the old books!

Melissa - Nice job on getting in that wo last night!! I need these ladies to push me sometimes, too. Don't sweat the sweets..I'm sure you've got nothing on me - my sweet tooth is legendary:confused: Tonight will be over and you'll be back to normal eating tomorrow. Enjoy yourself!

Deb - Enjoy your wos today! I hope the Dr. has good news for you;)

Kristin - ^5 on having a nice night out with DH! We'll be on vacay at about the same time, so let's make a pact and try to eat clean more days than not. The hardest part for me is that my stepmom is a FABULOUS cook and although she cooks pretty healthy in general, I tend to overeat anything she cooks (especially the desserts:confused:). So, I'm telling myself that I can eat anything I want just in moderation - nothing is forbidden (that's when I get in the most trouble). We'll see if it works. I think it will and that's the first step, right?

Hellos to anyone I've missed. BBL

Hi Girls!

Workout was abs, PUB and 7.5 (36 min) run outside.

Iris** I would LOVE to have a good sleep like that. I should try to get tobed earlier tonight. Im almost 5'4" actually....so tiny bit taller then you:rolleyes:

Trish** I can see why you are sore today! Where are you going on vaca?

Ameila** Nice workout. Are both of the kids in school full days?

Deb** I guess when you feel good but your body isn't totally recovered its hard to relay that message to your brain. I know it would be tough for me! You will just have to stick to walking for a while!;)

Melissa** I use to workout in the evening all the time but I prefer mornings now. Its the common...excuses...excuses for evening exercising. What was the dessert called????? Dessert is my fav food group!:p

Krisin** Sounds like you had a nice time with DH. Well....my DH is making me go on a river trip in a canoe this weekend...and I have to sleep in a tent and pee outside! Oh dear!!! Have to grin and bare it!

I may bbl to catch up!

Lori:)

i would really love a cup of coffee right now but im trying to cut back...

Trish-WOW:eek: on the workout. I bet you burned A LOT of calories on that one! I will have to try that some times!!!! Im suppose to be following FF's beginner/intermediate/advanced rotation(on week 4) but im getting bored with it:eek: think i will do something different this week. Kids are loving school so far

Lori-Both kids are doing full days of school:) You too...nice workout today. Wow!!!

Kristin- DH wants to see that movie too, glad you enjoyed it! Nice workout planned for the day!

Deb-Glad to hear your feeling better and able to get some walking in! DS does come home a little tired but he played outside last evening so i guess he's doing pretty good,lol. I keep forgetting to get them some bug spray..mosquito's are so bad this time of year!

Melissa-Awesome workout last night! WTG!

Iris-Nice job on Rodney yesterday! Hope your sore throat goes away soon.

I think that catches me up! Hello to Cookie and Licia..hope i didn't miss anyone:eek: Have a great day

Back for a quick check in...just got a pedicure, now to tackle these eye brows:confused:

Lori - I'm headed to TX to enjoy some 100+ weather:eek:. I imagine we will be in doors a lot, but I can't wait to see my dad...I'm your typical daddy's girl:eek:.

Amelia - My HRM said I burned 731 cals...I was only hoping for 600 so that was qutie a suprise. Sometimes it is really hard to stick with a rotation. I could barely finish the 8 week one she put together for STS/GS.

Everyone have a great afternoon.

Hallo girls,

Cookie - hope you having lots of fun;)

Lori - did you find a new pot? I have to have my coffee in the morning. Awesome job, on your 13K run and abs yesterday. Glad you got your studing in yesterday. Congrats, on that weight loss! Nice run and UB workout today .

Iris - glad you got a great night sleep! I don't remember the last time I slept over 9 hours, lol! Good for you! Enjoy your rest day. I been doing STS for the last 2 month, lol! 2 more discs and I finish M2, yeah!

Kirsten - glad you enjoyed your evening with DH yesterday. Yes, I can do push ups on my toes, didn't do one today, LOL! I fogus more on weight trainging, I am tired of push ups. Nice job, on 30/30 plus chest/shoulder/tricps + core workout. Have fun with the 4DS rotation. Enjoy your vacation.

Debbie - thanks for the info on the Gofitwear, will check it out. Have fun with your walk. Let us know how the doc appt. went.

Amelia - nice job on your workout today. How do you like TJ? What rotation are you doing?

Trish - high fives, on that workout and cal burn today.:D This looks like a lot of fun, need to try that workout one day. Love LM! How many weeks do you still have left in your rotation? Love FF's rotations. Keep going! Have fun with your dad and stay cool!

I will be back in the morning! Good night!

Trish, nice job on the WO!! FF definitely designs some killer workouts. I did both of her "Get Ready for Summer" rotations for 2010 and they were so much fun! Enjoy your trip to TX!

Kristin, glad to hear you had a good time w your hubby last night! I want to see that movie too. I heard it was the best Will Ferrel movie since "Anchorman." Last night I was watching "I Love You Man" and I love that movie too. SO funny (plus I have a huge geek crush on Jason Segel ;) ) I will send you the rotation I made once I test it out a little more LOL.

Lori, I don't know if the dessert had a name but it was this ginormous brownie w/ caramel and nuts on top and drizzled choc too. They even heated it up for us. We split it 3 ways but I know I ate the most :eek:

Okay back to report that I finished KM, but the leftover bag of chips was calling me afterwards. I know. :eek: I ate some but then I threw out the bag. The rest of the day was all clean eating though, so I am not that upset about it. Just gotta get back up. If it is in my house, I have no self control and we bought the bag for the BBQ and it was still there. Anyways. .. .

Melissa- it was definitely one of Will Ferrell's best. I did not like Talledage Nights at all. I did not like Lost World or whatever it was either. He was really funny with Mark Wahlberg in this movie.

Ok see you all tomorrow.

Kristin

Okay back to report that I finished KM, but the leftover bag of chips was calling me afterwards. I know. :eek: I ate some but then I threw out the bag. The rest of the day was all clean eating though, so I am not that upset about it. Just gotta get back up. If it is in my house, I have no self control and we bought the bag for the BBQ and it was still there. Anyways. .. .

Melissa- it was definitely one of Will Ferrell's best. I did not like Talledage Nights at all. I did not like Lost World or whatever it was either. He was really funny with Mark Wahlberg in this movie.

Ok see you all tomorrow.

Kristin

Kirsten - don't be so hard on yourself;) Awesome job, on KM! I am sure you burned lots of cal with that one!

Melissa - somehow I missed you this afternoon:( Good job on 30/30 and 4DS Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Core last night! I don't think I ever worked out that late! I think 10 pm was the latest:eek:Glad you had a nice evening last night. Happy b-day to your mom. BTW, I did all those push ups on my knees, didn't wanted to burn out my chest right at the beginning of my workout:p I can do push ups on my toes! I fogus more on getting that BB up;)Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.