Commit to get fit & lean for Aug 31, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I will do cardio today. I have an ENT appointment in Regensburng this afternoon!

I will be back later!

My best to all! BBL!

'Morning!
Can't sleep thinking about things needing to get done and more company here.
Belinda, hope the ent has some good answers for you. what cardio did you do. Still have to check out your cave pictures.
Melissa, you deserve the best. And you need to remind yourself of that often. I think as women we learn to subjugate our needs to others at an early age and then it is such a hard pattern to undo - otherwise why what would therapists have to do. We're here for you. Hey, you must be an awesome demo drinker.
Iris, did you get the ac going? Don't know how you manage to juggle so many things going on - you're amazing. I think you would have looked better in the picture of the new crew.
Deb, how are your eyes? A woman I know had to go to the er for jalapeno burns. She rubbed her eyes after slicing one open. That must sting. Glad to hear how well you are recovering. So when are you up to a mini rt?
Helene, are you burning out the soles of your sandals with all that walking? You should wear a pedometer - bet you're catching up on Lori with mileage. What did you ever decide about JC? My wt never changes and lately it and about a million other things are bugging me.
Amelia, ^5 on the clothes fitting better. Finally got to check out your blog - wow it is good. Do you have many followers on it? In particular, I loved how you said it is about you - that's terrific.
Lori, men. I heard a comment that describes how I feel at times about my husband - divorce no, murder yes. Since he is not an intuitive person at all, I have to explain to him this and that, so at times I could just scream. Twice this spring he planned out-of-town trips at the same time I was previously scheduled to be away - small problem of who is taking care of the daughter. This is a man with a Blackberry and supposively a PhD. Plus it was even more aggravating that at his request I had given him a calendar specifically highlighting all my commitments. Of course, it wasn't his fault since "the office scheduled the trips." He's still alive and rather clueless.
Kristin, I didn't realize you're a teacher - me too. What do you teach? I now do staff development for a district. Think that is why I can't sleep - so much stress. Data, data, data.
Trish, I think you're smart for having the girls take swimming lessons, even tho it will be a pain for you. It's like a life skill, not just lifesaving. Since we had a pool and he wasn't very interested my youngest ds didn't take many lessons, and on vacation he was saying he regretted that cause it would give him more confidence. Sure didn't stop him from ocean kayaking in rather rough water, but then again that frontal lobe in males takes longer to develop.
Today is supposed to be double wave pyramid and hope I have the energy in a bit to do it. Been getting workouts in, now just wish I could get sleep in.
Hi to Kelly and Licia, hope all is well.
Cookie
Cookie

Workout is done:D I ran out of time with my ab wo:p I NEED TO WORK THEM TODAY! Need to walk the dogs before I take off to Regensburg. BBL!

Good Morning Ladies

Today I will do Leaner Legs and the last four exercises of GS Legs. My chest is sore today, but not totally anhiallated *sp*? at least not yet! I'm up super early to squeeze in a workout for a doc appointment with my mother.

Belinda- Do you have a heavy bag? Good luck with your appt. today!

Cookie- Yeah I got the ac going, went over after the wedding. :confused: So what time did you get up, actually? What company do you have coming? Awww....that was nice to say.....;) I've met both girls, though, and they are simply amazing.

Helene- :eek: on your feet. Take care! And no I can't believe you've never been to the track! Next summer..... we will go. Bah humbug @ DC. lol

Trish- Are you doing the rotation again??? Cool! Wait, or is this your first time? I don't think I've moved around enough yet to really know if my chest is fried fried. It should be, though because I was shaking a good part of the day yesterday...lol

Kristin- I love Fusion, and yes, anything is comparatively easier than CCC, unless it's MIC. hehe.

Melissa- Damn! Never got to see it!!! I shoulda gone with my gut the other day and just told you to kick his a$$ to the curb....in fact, kick it right off the curb! Ha! Be glad it's over.

Deb- lol @ the pepper......how was the omelet otherwise?? As far as I knew, Cathe was part of their regiment, I'm guessing along with other things, because they have both done competing. In fact, I think Nancy is in the middle of her season right now. They both always look that fabulous!! They did in Daytona!

Amelia- wtg on clothes shopping!! it's a good feeling. :)

Ok hope that catches me up!! BBL

Good morning all!

Okay, I have worked out six days in a row, but I am torn do I do a rest day or PLB? I have to go back to work on Thursday and was planning on making that my rest day, but I don’t know. . .PLB is a shorter workout though. I could bang it out tonight after dinner. I guess we shall see. I am actually going to my classroom today to set up (with my two boys in tow, should be interesting). Then I am taking them shopping at the outlets.

Belinda- You are really making me want STS more and more. Christmas is coming in a few months. . . Hope I can wait.

Cookie- I teach 7th grade English. This is actually my 11th years of teaching.

Iris- While I was doing Fusion I just kept having two thoughts. 1. I forgot how much I love this workout. It is a good sweat and core workout too. and 2. I don’t remember it being so easy. Even the 2nd segment with the rolls and the sumo-jumps seemed easier. Then it clicked. CCC is 10 times harder, lol.

Trish- my 2 yo is making me teary-eyed. He is adamant when he says, “No, Mommy, no cooooollll.” I am so glad I do the pick up and not the drop off. I would never get to work, lol.

Melissa- just want to say once again, I think you are a great person. Going on my first Cathe RT this summer was great, but I was terrified because I knew no one. I had a blast meeting my fitness idol, but I would have had a miserable time had I not met you (and Cookie too, ;)). Keep your chin up. It will get better.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone has a great day and I will BBL for more personals and maybe PLB done.

Kristin

Hi girls,

This morning I have to go do a store I forgot to do this month:confused: it's an easy one and I'll come back and finish my computer work for the month. I'm going to attempt to do Squeeze (didn't call the Dr.) but will listen to my body and back off when needed. Notice how I'm not even thinking of doing a Cathe workout yet, I would have to back off for all of the DVD:eek: Yesterday started week 5 since I had my operation:)

Yesterday was both DS's 1st day back to school. Even though it's college there's books, pens etc . . . all over the place especially since they don't use a backpack at this age:rolleyes: and the cost of books are insane!

Belinda - The cave restaurant looks so :cool: it must feel like everyday is a vacation living in Germany:) Good luck with the Dr.'s appt. today.

Cookie - Are you taking in Helene's visitors;) Hopefully you were able to go back to sleep, I've been having problems too but I stay in bed and end up falling back to sleep. As far as a mini RT somedays in Oct. or Nov. would work or anytime after January. We ended up changing our plans to go to the Catskills from Oct. 8 weekend to Oct. 15th but too late to try and attempt Texas RT.

Iris - Leaner legs that's a good one. Good luck with your Mom's appt. today. I saw in the OD forum that they were in the business, I didn't realize that. I hope they do profiles & how they prepared for filming again.

Helene - I bet with all that walking you haven't seen much of Mickey. It seems like he's always hiding:D I used to love the character breakfasts & lunches but they were expensive.

Trish - That's some workout you did all in one day.

Amelia - I'll have to check out your blog either today or tomorrow:)

Lori - Are you out burning a hole in your wallet:eek:

Melissa - I didn't catch "his" post. Hopefully he puts that anger to better use in improving himself. So, what is your workout today . . . kickboxing:) my fave when I'm :mad:

Krisitn - Good luck with school today. Yesterday when I was working saw a lot of people buying new backpacks. There was one little girl that bought one that looked bigger than she was:)

Have a great day:)

Morning all,

Thanks god for small success. I convinced DH that we only need to do one park today. LOL So we are going to hang out at the hotel pool which is really nice rather than go to Blizzard Beach again and then we go to Animal Kingdom. I think his feet (and shoulders) are hurting as well. And DS keeps saying his legs hurt. Poor little guy. SO today will be an "active recovery day".

Kristin: What grade do you teach. My brother start to teach this year. 3rd grade. He is excited about it. PS I am sending you a PM.

Melissa: Sound like some hugs are in order. Especially if what Belinda posted yesterday is true.

Trish: I want to start that rotation really bad, but the time it takes is what worries me. I am finding it hard to get longer workouts done at the moment. Maybe I should make the effort though.

Belinda: Hope the ENT goes well.

Iris: What is the fun with the tracks anyways. You should come over when I get back.

Cookie: When are we getting together. I want to throw it out there now so you can fit us in your schedule before December.

Amelia: Will have to go look at your blog. Sounds like you are lining up the fans.

Lori: When is your next mary again? and where? I forgot :eek:

OK, another rough day ahead :D:D

Deb: Saw you just posted. Good luck taking care of that store. You are so good following Dr's orders. That should serve you well. Saw Mickey, but thankfully the kids weren't interested in standing in line just to get a picture. We did a character dinner last year and it was expensive indeed. I don't think we'll do one this year. Bought an Ariel wig for DD yesterday. It is too funny.

Kristin: Oh, now I see, you teach 7th grade :) Should pay more attention when I read. :rolleyes:

Morning ladies!!

I was supposed to do 4DS Bootcamp & Upper premix but I felt so crappy, drained, and I hadn't eaten much just because of the day I had. It must have been the worst Monday ever; between stuff that happened at work and home, it was just bad. When I came home I took a shower and curled up with the DVR. After I watched the Real Housewives of NJ reunion though, I realized things could be worse lol :eek:

Thank you so much for all of your kind words!!! You guys are great and I'm glad I joined this check-in (thanks Cookie!!!!). Kristin, you are awesome and you are the #1 motivation for me to stay on track w my eating and workouts! I'm so glad we met on the RT. I wish we lived closer :(

Tonight I WILL do the Bootcamp/Upper premix!! My legs still have serious DOMS from Sat. And I did throw myself on the toilet yesterday but didn't bounce off this time ;) I also lost 4 pounds since last week woohoo!! Must be due to cutting down on the carbs cuz that is really the only thing I changed. Of course my brother had to put a damper on my day and say 'well its just water weight." I'm like I know, don't ruin my moment here :p

Did you ladies see the new additions to Cathe's videos, Amanda and Nancy?! They look AMAZING. I kept staring at one woman's abs like...WOAH.

Belinda, I saw the cave restaurant on one of the travel channels. It looks so cool!! I still have yet to get to Europe. One day.

Trish, nice job on the chest work! I dunno why but I dread doing chest.

Kristin, MMA Fusion is my favorite of the MMA's! I think I told you about my obsession with turtle spins. That is my favorite part of the WO. I'm curious about your 4DS rotation; could you post it? DEF ask for STS for Christmas; it is so worth it! I love that series so much.

Deb, when you put spinach in your omlettes, does it get really watery? I love spinach omlettes but the water that leaks out reminds me of runny eggs and I get nauseous!

Cookie, I was wondering what time you get up too?! You are a busy girl!!

Iris, LOL you are cracking me up!!!! :D

Hi Amelia & Lori!! Hope you girls are doing well :)

Hey girls, quick check in for me. Todays been kinda crazy...I met my mom for an early lunch and stayed on plan (yay) then came home and got my workout in.

Decided on SS 2-set UB premix then i did Rhythmic Step combo's 1+2 followed by a stretch. Burned 572 total for a grand total of 85mins! That RS is pretty tricky isn't it:confused: I thought i would never see the end of that 2nd combo...

ok, time to go tackle the laundry, clean the kitchen up then a lot of blah,blah,blah...

Later gators

Melissa: Glad the housewives of NJ are putting things in perspective for you ;) I hope the work week goes by quickly for you. I hope to get to meet you and Kristin. I'm still trying to figure out when Cookie is going to get together with Iris and I again. WTG on the weight loss! :)

Cookie: JC lasted 3 days. Not worth it for me at least. I didn't care for the food. Not enough veggies and not clean enough. No whole carbs. I can put that kind of food together myself from the grocery store. I like the spa cuisine from LC better if it comes down to it. At least they have quite a bit of veggies. I just managed to finish my one week's worth of food. I just need to foccuss and put my mind on it. It's just not cooperating. LOL. I can plan like the best of them, but the implementation is lacking..... Rearranged my workout room and it looks nice and tidy now.

Amelia: Nice workout. RS is tricky but I love it. You are turning into the queen of putting new workouts together :)

Hey Iris: Can you make me look like Amanda or Nancy, especially if you allow swearing at the instructor :eek: I hope your mom's appointment went well.

See you all in the morning likely. Have a great rest of the day.

Hi,

Trying to do my computer work but getting bored. About to start my workout.

Melissa - I use bagged baby spinach so it's not watery and I love the taste. I stopped watching NJ Housewives because my DVR was getting too full:eek: and they were driving me crazy. Maybe I'll catch a couple of reruns. I was wondering did Danielle ever find her mother?

Helene - I've never been to Animal Kingdom, how is it? Am I too old to like it:D

Enjoy the rest of the day:)

Back again!
Did do dwp this morning, and either I was so tired or have gotten used to it, but it didn't seem bad at all. Guess everything is relative compared to ccc.
Belinda, I have a cuckoo clock from Regensburg. Of course, I never wind it 'cause it would drive me crazy.
Lori, did you run off somewhere?
Amelia, I met my mom today and nothing was at all like a healthy plan. But it all tasted good.
Deb, those textbooks are ridiculous, and then they often don't use them in classes. Every year a lot of money gets wasted on them. What is your youngest son studying? Good thinking on taking it easy. No turtle spins for you. Maybe early Nov for mini rt - what do you think? Or January so we're not so bad during the holidays.
Melissa, I love the turtle also. Isn't it fun? Now, did you wo this evening? Tell your brother to do ccc and see how much he drops.
Kristin, what a wonderful position. Tomorrow is our superintendent conference day and I'm dreading sitting in a hot gym with 1,000 other people for a few hours. If I don't wo in the morning I just can't seem to fit it in the evenings, too many meetings.
Helene, being by the pool sounds great to me. That's more up my line of interest. Did everyone's feet and shoulders recover? How's Sept 17 for getting together? Can't wait to see you and Iris.
Iris, today was a day for ac. Can't imagine trying to work in a gym w/o it. Those girls and you sure are awesome. Have you every gone to Oscar's in Warrensburg? Had pork chops from there tonight, and ohhhhhhh yummm, and I'm usually much of a meat eater.
Trish, what did you do today, besides make it thru the heat wave?
Ok, off to read the paper and relax so hopefully I sleep well tonight. Hoping to wake up at my 4:30 - 4:45 regular time to do sts.
Cookie

Thanks for the tip on the spinach, Deb! Nope, Danielle never found her mom. They actually kind of abandoned that whole thing. I'm tired of all the drama on that show too. She is just too much. I did hear Bravo fired her though so I'm hoping if the show returns, Dina will come back. I loved her.

Cookie, LOL @ my bro doing CCC!!! He always laughs at me that I do "fitness videos" like they are these bad things. He says you can't get a good workout from them and I always challenge him to try one of Cathe's and he never accepts. I know deep down it's cuz he knows he will be sucking wind and be proven wrong ;)

Just finished doing 4DS Bootcamp & Upper premix. Oh...my...GOD. That was one DOOZIE of a workout!!! I stopped after the shoulder work and was going to quit but I thought of you ladies and powered through the whole 105 min. My arms are so sore right now and I can barely lift them. I will be feeling this tomorrow for sure.

Have a great night ladies!!

Evening ladies,

Another late check in for me. Today's wo was PUB Tri + MM Tri + PUB Bi + MM Bi + MM Abs. Great wo. As I type this post, my biceps are aching. My triceps are not too bad, but hopefully tomorrow there will be some DOMs.

Belinda - How'd your ENT appt go? I hope things haven't been too bad lately.

Cookie - Wow, you were up late. Love your DH stories to Lori ~ glad he is still living;) Can't believe you worked out after getting up so early. I hope you are sound asleep by now.

Iris - Yup, I'm doing the rotaton again. I really enjoyed it the first time and got good results. Hopefully my eating will stay on track this time around and I'll get even better results. My chest is pretty achy and I'm expecting good bicep DOMs tomorrow. I have legs on tap tomorrow. P.S. if you can get Helene to look like Amanda or Nancy I will pay double what she's paying if you do the same for me;)

Kristin - While I was in TX I helped my stepmom set up her classroom (she teaches 4th grade). It's actually becoming a tradition - we've helped the last two years. For me it's so much fun. I feel for your little one. Hopefully he will have so much fun the first day and will want to go back.

Deb - How did squeeze go? You're right, college books are insane! Have they checked out the textbook portion of half.com?

Helene - I'm so happy for your rest day!! My feet were aching just thinking about all the walking you were doing. I have to admit, some of the wos in this rotation are long (thankfully my boss is work out-aholic and I just tell him I'm late because of a killer work out and he wants to hear the details:eek:). Give it a try - it's worth it.

Melissa - ^5 on the scale being down 4 pounds!! Chest is one of my favorite muscles to work. I think because I can isolate it very well, plus ever since I got on my toes for push ups I've been in love with them...I'm not very fond of bicep wos though. Really hard to get motivated to do them. WTG on pushing through your wo today:cool:

Amelia - Nice job on your wo and staying on track with your eating! I didn't do so bad myself, although I still ate a few chips before dinner:eek:.

I'm off to bed. Early meeting tomorrow so I have to get up a little earlier to get my wo in.

Toodles.

Good evening,

DH and I came home late from the doc..... at frist he looked in my sinus cavity (they stick that tube/camera up your nose into your sinus cavity), he said everything look good. I told he I have a lot of pressure/pain my my head/sinus for the last 3 or 4 weeks. So he ordered a CT scan. My CT scan didn't looked so good, that explaines all the headaches I been having. I still have a infection behind my sinus bones/back of my head + frontal sinus. I also have fluit in my sinus....which isn't good! The airflow isn't working right in my sinus, that's why I get that virus nostop! Bacteria is growing. He gave me the paper work for surgery, all I have to do is make an appointment:confused: Unfortunatly it was to late to get a copy of the CT scan last night, I have to call today and get it. I will also get a 2nd opinion from the American ENT doc in Landstuhl! I am very frustrated! I have to stay in the hospital for 5 days. I am not drilled about that. DH wanted to schedule surgery for next week, I told him HELL no! I have almost 3 weeks left with STS :p I am so close to finish STS the for the first time the way it's set up, I am not gonna quit now! Please, say a prayer that I will not get an ear infection (fluit coming out)on top. Than I have to go to the hospital right away. :mad:

Cooke - hope you can some sleep tonight. Now I am up early:confused: I had a cuckoo clock a long time ago, DH gave it to this mom:mad: I think she sold it:mad: I was so mad. I may get one before we leave Germany??

Trish - nice job on PUB Tri + MM Tri + PUB Bi + MM Bi + MM Abs today. That's a burner for sure.

Iris - hope you had fun with Meaner Legs today:p That one gets you good.

Kristin - MMA Fusion is my favorite of the MMA's, too! So much fun!

Melissa - nice job on 4DS Bootcamp & Upper premix! Now I wanna do 4DS:eek:

Lori - what did you do today? You must be busy.

Amelia - nice job on RS today.

Helene - sounds like you doing lots of walking:eek: Good you all taking a rest today. Have fun with Micky!

Good night, everyone!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.