Commit to get Fit and Lean for Aug. 19

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Good morning girls,

Yesterday was a very busy day! The ear/nose and throat doctor said that my ears are still a little infected and my hearing is still off. He gave me different ear drops for rebuilding my natural protection in my ear so that bacteria doesn’t grow so easy! He told me, I always will have trouble with bacteria growing in my ears since my ear canal is shaped funny and the bacteria meaning water (from washing my hair or the shower) loves to hide out way back in my ear! He also told me that the American/German ENT doctors did a study on that particular ear infection, the found that chlorine water is causing this! I don’t swim so it’s not from swimming! I am glad that the military doctor sent me off post, DH and I took a long walk at a lake after dinner. We walked for over 4 miles! It was a nice power walk! LOL!

Today I will do cardio! Not sure which one yet? Maybe I will do IMAX 2?

Amelia** great job on your workout yesterday!

Trish** I printed the daily fitness assessment sheet for BFL and I followed that one. I also use Cathe’s DVD’s and make them BFL style or I make up my own UB/ LB exercises. I always chance things up! I used to post my workouts put lately I don’t have time. You should give it a try! I really like it.

Cookie** my DH and I watch the Olympics too! LOL! I know what you mean! Great job on PUB yesterday!

Cheryl** awesome job on your HIIT treadmill intervals run plus B & G! Thanks for the update on Cathe’s fitness line! Looks really great!

Lori** where are you?

BBL!:D

Morning girls

Belinda-Great powerwalk yesterday!! I hope the drops help your ears!

Girls,i need a pep talk please....heres the situation. You guys remember me telling you that i lost like 9lbs on a very strick diet of low calories that took me two weeks to lose? Well, i have gained like 5lbs back...i haven't done anything different except lift heavier in my UB and eat a littlebit more(like 1600-1800...was eating 1200)I started eating more because i just coulnd't get through cathe workouts on 1200 calories a day,and now that i can...ive gained weight! Now im trying to figure out what exactly i want? do I eat more(count cals depending on my workouts),workout great and ignore the number on the scale....or,eat less,feel tired and cranky all day and my workouts suffer but I will lose weight?

There has got to be a better way than starving myself,apparently my bodytype loses and gains weight very easily . Ive thought about purchasing cathe's nitrition program....but would i use it? I don't use the free ones so why would i use that one?

i just feel bad because i starved and lost weight and then fell on my face! I guess we learn from our mistakes,huh?

todays workout is a dogwalk(hopefully if her leg is better,dh looked at it yesterday and it seemed fine) and a 30min run interval! Thanks for letting vent/whine/think out loud,whatever you want to call it;)

bbl

Good morning Amelia:eek:

don't beat your self up! You are doing fine! Maybe it just water weight? I gained a few pounds myself. Oh well! I will work harder. Do what you have been doing and you will be fine! Enjoy your workout!

Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry i was MIA yesterday. We didn't get up until 9:30!:DWhat a snooze we had! By the time I checked my email, I had to get DS's breakfast, then we were off for our run and then the day just kept going.

Yesterdays run was 15K and I wasn't feeling it at all. I was tired and I had to fight against the wind. And when it wasn't windy...the sun was hot! Ugh...on top of that DH bought a satalite radio for me for my b-day and it was pretty expensive ($429) alot of money to go running with! Anyway...that kept cutting in and out so I have to switch over to the MP3 player. Whats the point in keeping it if it isn't going to work properly? Plus, I can't use it in the house so I can only use it when I run outside and thats not all yr long. Then I started to think about all of the things I could buy with that money! LOL I will probably try it again today and then decide if I should send it back.

Belinda** Glad they figured out what the prob was...now your on the road to recovery:) Im not sure about you guys but there is chlorine in our water. Sometimes to much! Have a good workout today!

Ameila** Im not sure what to tell you, what about if you upped your cals to 1400 instead of 1800? Are you starving all the time? Or just find it hard to get through a workout? If your finding it hard, then workout after you eat, that should give you the energy. I would work on getting the weight off and once you do that, then get some real good workouts in. I think everything should settle in once your body gets use to the # of cals you are eating. I know that when I cut back I am hungry but after a while my body gets use to what i am doing.

Alright, I have to get my babies breakfast. He woke up with a temp today, not sure what his problem is.

Lori:)

Lori - WTG on you run yesterday! There is nothing wrong hitting that snooz botton! If the satalite radio isn't working sent it back, it will do you no good!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is Cardio Fusion...I'll probably just do the All Step premix....and with my luck I will probably get DOMS from it...LOL...I feel like I have DOMS from every workout lately! What's up with that? (not that I should complain too much)

Lori- 15K when you're not "feeling it"? you go girl! I would have made it 15 steps....hehe

Amelia- I'm certainly no expert, but 9lbs seems like a lot to lose in 2 weeks....maybe your body has retaliated after being in starvation mode...and now that you are feeding it, it is holding on to it for dear life. I heard once that the quicker you lose weight, the faster it comes back.

Trish- Hi!!! Geeeez....havent talked to you in ages...lol

BBL!

Iris

Hi girls,

I am done with IMAX 2 plus abs from PS legs!

Iris - sooooo you don't wonna to talk to me? HAH!:(

Off to the shower than I need to cook dinner!

Iris - I just was kidding!:eek: LOL! I am making Curried Split Pea Soup! :p I am in the mood for soup today! Did you finshed Cardio Fusion? Thats a tough one!
Have a great day!

Hey girls,just popping in to report my workout...60minutes of cardio! run interval and i got in that dogwalk this morning

hey to everybody...and thanks for the pep talks! Im just gonna keep on keeping on...eat clean,count cals(to make sure i don't eat to much/less) and do my workouts! Gonna play around with my calorie intake for a couple of weeks to see what works for me!

everybody have a great day!

Amelia, how did the dog do on the walk? You might want to sign up for the one-month Cathe subscription. I tend to follow things more if I pay for them - crazy I know. Hers does give a grade for your nutrition. Could it be that your body is at a good weight for it? While I often think I'd love to be nine pounds lighter too, I realize heck I don't look bad.

Belinda, glad you got your ears figured out. I have to use ear drops and hate them. Don't they tickle? Or perhaps it is just that I often don't stand still long enough and then they drip onto me. A powerwalk with Hub sounds great.

Cheryl, lime green kiwi - ohh, I'm getting hungry. It sounds luscious. I've been thinking about the weighted vest and slanted risers.... I'm hoping to get a check soon(!) for some past presentations. My husband is probably planning on using them for kids' tuition and upcoming taxes, but I'm daydreaming on a few expenditures.

Lori, hope your son feels better soon. 15K - amazing.

Iris, hey - you're forgetting me too! I was debating between Cardio Fusion and Imax 3 this morning. Wish I had checked earlier - ended up doing 3 and Core 1 abs.

Trish, hope you're having a great day.

Trying to drink more water and be good with the nutrition site. A friend's mother passed away, so I made a coffee cake to drop off to her house this evening. One of my son's returns to college tomorrow, and he smelled the aroma upon awaking, so then I had to make another one. Yep, you guessed it, I ate a slice with him. And it tasted darn good.

Cookie
Trish, how's your day going?

Hey Girls!

I thought I checked in after my run but I guess not! I think I started to check in but something else came up.

Belinda** Im not sure what to do about the radio, it is pretty nice but its expensive! Its good when it works but again today, it didn't work that well. Its cool b/c if there is a song that I like, I just press the heart button and it records it.

Iris** I felt the 15 k...I meant that I didn't feel good when doing it:pHope you had fun with CF! One of my favs!

Ameila** Hopefully you will figure out what works for you!

Todays run was a long one. I didn't want to tell you guys what I had in mind b/c I didnt think I would do it. I ended up running 20 k...which is 12.5 miles. It took me 1hr and 50 mins to do but I was pushing the stroller so Im not sure how much time I will cut off when doing it alone. I have to run 20 k 2x's when I am training over the next few weeks so I am sure I will do it without DS and figure out some time to aim for in my race. For some reason I am not starving though. I figured I would be famished! Maybe its b/c of the higher protein lunch I had?

BBL!
Lori:)

Last edited:
Hey Ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well!! This morning's workout was Low Max...one of my favorites :)

Belinda - Sounds like you found a good doctor...I hope the treatment works for you. Enjoy your walk with DH:)

Lori - I have to agree with Belinda. Send the satellite radio back...it is kind of expensive...especially if the darn thing is fickle!!

Amelia - This is exactly why I have resisted buying a scale for the past 5 years (although I think I may cave in). I know that I feel great and my body looks better than ever...no matter what that darn scale says! Don't get so freaked about it. How are your clothes fitting are they getting snug? How do you break down your calories? 3 good size meals or 5 to 6 smaller meals? I think you may be eating too few calories to be honest, but I am just going by what I've read on this forum. Either way, I think you've got the right idea....give it a few more weeks and see what happens:) P.S. Glad your pooch was up for the dog walk!

Iris - Hey!! I was away for two weeks in TX (where I gobbled up way too much food), but I'm back. Are you doing a rotation? I decided to do the 2008 Fat Loss rotation again after eating all of that food...But I might only do the first two weeks and move on to something new.

Ok. BBL

Amelia, how did the dog do on the walk? You might want to sign up for the one-month Cathe subscription. I tend to follow things more if I pay for them - crazy I know. Hers does give a grade for your nutrition. Could it be that your body is at a good weight for it? While I often think I'd love to be nine pounds lighter too, I realize heck I don't look bad.

Belinda, glad you got your ears figured out. I have to use ear drops and hate them. Don't they tickle? Or perhaps it is just that I often don't stand still long enough and then they drip onto me. A powerwalk with Hub sounds great.

Cheryl, lime green kiwi - ohh, I'm getting hungry. It sounds luscious. I've been thinking about the weighted vest and slanted risers.... I'm hoping to get a check soon(!) for some past presentations. My husband is probably planning on using them for kids' tuition and upcoming taxes, but I'm daydreaming on a few expenditures.

Lori, hope your son feels better soon. 15K - amazing.

Iris, hey - you're forgetting me too! I was debating between Cardio Fusion and Imax 3 this morning. Wish I had checked earlier - ended up doing 3 and Core 1 abs.

Trish, hope you're having a great day.

Trying to drink more water and be good with the nutrition site. A friend's mother passed away, so I made a coffee cake to drop off to her house this evening. One of my son's returns to college tomorrow, and he smelled the aroma upon awaking, so then I had to make another one. Yep, you guessed it, I ate a slice with him. And it tasted darn good.

Cookie
Trish, how's your day going?

Ooops...I'm getting as bad as Iris:p I forgot to say hello to Cookie!! How are you doing...My day is wrapping up and I'm headed home. Ohhh...coffee cake from scratch...that sounds yummy! Save me a slice!

Talk to you later.

Ooops...I'm getting as bad as Iris:p I forgot to say hello to Cookie!! .

Geeeezz....apparently I'm not getting a gold star today!!

Chica- Hellllooooooo!!! Yeah I wish you could've checked in earlier, we could have compared "fusions"...hehe

Awww, thanks for thinking of me!

Do you ladies ever get an idea in your head, and it keeps bugging you? Well, that darn weighted vest is calling to me. However, in the past week I've purchased a laptop, printer, satellite for Internet (yes, trying to come into the current century), $400 of other stuff to make it all work, roundtrip tickets for a son, and three sets of textbooks for kids! So why, oh why, do I think I should get a weighted vest! Plus, taxes are due next month! Yikes, I need to stop these thoughts. Or pray that a check for past work shows up real quick....

Iris, what are you doing tomorrow? I'm thinking of GSC&T. It was fun doing last month's rotation with Belinda. I would think of her as I was being tortured.

Ladies, I even made an extra coffee cake to take to tomorrow's workshop. I'm putting it in the trunk of the car so I can't eat and drive.

Sleep well!

Do you ladies ever get an idea in your head, and it keeps bugging you? Well, that darn weighted vest is calling to me. However, in the past week I've purchased a laptop, printer, satellite for Internet (yes, trying to come into the current century), $400 of other stuff to make it all work, roundtrip tickets for a son, and three sets of textbooks for kids! So why, oh why, do I think I should get a weighted vest! Plus, taxes are due next month! Yikes, I need to stop these thoughts. Or pray that a check for past work shows up real quick....

Iris, what are you doing tomorrow? I'm thinking of GSC&T. It was fun doing last month's rotation with Belinda. I would think of her as I was being tortured.

Ladies, I even made an extra coffee cake to take to tomorrow's workshop. I'm putting it in the trunk of the car so I can't eat and drive.

Sleep well!

Sleep well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.