Commit to get fit and lean for April 5, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today is my recovery week! I will do something not sure what yet?

Hope you all had a great Easter! MIne was very relaxing;)

I will be back later!

Have a great Monday.

Good Morning:)

I checked in late last night and caught up on personnals. Went straight to bed after and had a decent night, even though I slept with DS and kids always have a habit of hogging the bed. He woke up a little earlier then I would have liked though.

I have a bit of soreness in my thighs but nothing to serious. I am not sure if I am going home today or if we are staying for another night. Its up to my sister really.

O.k...I will probably bbl to see what everyone is up to. Coffee cups here are small and my foffee is almost gone:(

Belinda** Are you gonna actually rest all week or just lay off of the weights?

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Late start for me, I left the window open and it got a bit cool, and when I wake up cold, I just sleep longer...:confused: Had a wonderful Easter! I ate mostly clean! The only thing I had not clean was a piece of licorice and a piece of homemade italian bread. I had salmon, half a baked potato, and carrots for Easter dinner. :) Oops and butternut squash. DG did come over about 8ish....and I had him out again by quarter to 10. He's so out of touch and out of control. He couldnt' believe I asked him to leave. To make a long story short, I asked him to do me a favor and just drop what was going on between us from now on, like I originally wanted. Finally, he said yes, but then said he'd see me tomorrow, and he still couldn't believe I was kicking him out. Oh well, guess that's over, even though I'm sure there will be repurcussions. :( I am kind of relieved, though.

So today's workout....Disc 20? I know it's Legs...lol I feel more sore today from Saturday's workout then I did yesterday. Weird.

Belinda- Ok so I won't get Ab hits! But I am thinking about getting CTX just to have some more variety. I might get it towards the end of STS. Have a great rest day! How did you deal with double wave loading? with those small increments? I don't have pace weights., but do have gloves, but sometimes their a real pain in the a** to switch out the little weights.....lol

Lori- Great run yesterday! So you are at your parent's house? Where is your husband? I need to re-read the threads...lol Was your DS excited about the Easter Bunny?

Deb- How did your dinner turn out? I thought about going to a sunrise service yesterday morning, and it was a nice thought..... lol Hmm.....I don't get down to the lower part of the state much (actually, ever)....so I'll have to look up this Mt. Fiji.

Trish- How was bowling??? Great workout yesterday, I'm definitely doing that rotation when I come off of STS. Well guess I dont' really have to worry anymore, I put DG out of the picture.

Helene- Great workout yesterday! I think yesterday turned out better than Saturday (weather wise)! Don't you think? I'm going to go look at April's rotation, see what you have planned for yourself this month. So many great rotations have come out, next time I'm doing the 3 1/2 month rotation so that I can enjoy some of these various rotations.

Cookie- How are you?? Hope you were able to enjoy the holidays. Was it you who took the insanity plunge??

Alright ladies, BBL, not much planned today except studying and this workout.

Good Morning,

Its opening day for the baseball season and we will be there:eek::eek::eek: The kids are spending the night with there mawmaw(my mom) so its just DH and I! Im so excited, this is the first time we have ever been to opening day...GO BRAVES!

Today's plan is too walk the dog for thirty minutes then do something else, not sure if it will be weights or treadmill:confused:. I need to go find me another rotation..i liked the last one ~ might repeat it:D

Easter went well yesterday, little tot had some temper tantrums but that was expected with her being 2:)confused:)

Belinda-Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing Easter, enjoy your rest week.

Lori-Small foffee cups are never good! The job I had last week was from a temporary service,the assignment was for just the two days:( but it was good to get out of the house:) Im hoping that the agency will call me with other jobs soon( they call them assignments,lol) sadly, it the only places that are hiring right now. I haven't received a single call back on the resume's i sent out a few months ago.

Iris-Enjoy your leg workout today...im starting to like doing leg workouts(did i just say that?LOL). I got some noticeable results with FF's rotation.

Hello to everyone that follows..i will bbl with a report!

Last edited:
Morning,

Belinda: Rest can't really be full rest for you I'm thinking. Kind of like the thought of Lori taking a whole week off. LOL. Enjoy yourself!

Lori: Will you cut out the funny talk? Now I'm calling it foffee too :eek:! I'll have to go check what was up with yesterday too.....

Iris: I am so impressed by your control of the situation. You are the woman! Woohoo! Maybe that can be a Cathe success story :eek: Working out giving you the self confidence to deal with men! I'll lend you my CTX. I have it both in downloads and DVDs now so I won't miss it. Just remind me.

Hi to everyone that checks-in later or lurks :D

OK, BBL later to catch up with yesterday's personals.

Did M3W1 Disc 25 Chest and Back this morning but skipped the deadlifts. And the barbell rows were also feeling funny on my lower back so I subbed alternating one handed underhand grip dumbbell rows. Being able to rest the other knee on a chair takes all the pressure off.

OK, must work. Have a great day everyone.

dog walk + 4ds back & biceps done! Think i will do 4ds weights this week...

Helene-LOL, i can be lurker sometimes:eek: Enjoy your workout today!

Afternoon girls,

Happy Monday!! Well, my eating was purely sinful yesterday!! Macaroni & cheese, candied yams, stuffing...and then came dessert...creme brulee, cupcakes. What a friggin' mess!! So, needless to say, all of my work this week will go toward burning off what I ate on Sunday!!! I don't know what has happened to my will power over the last 6 months. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! Anyway, today's wo was iClimb 18 (30 mins, 4.83 mi, 347 cals). I had hoped to do D13 which I postponed from yesterday, but my shoulder is still not right. Maybe bowling wasn't the best idea yesterday. Anyway, hoping to get it in tomorrow.

Belinda - Glad that you had a nice easter and rest day! Maybe you can get in a lot of yoga or pilates this week. That would be a perfect rest week for me;)

Lori - What an awesome run you had yesterday!! And ^5s on decreasing your time:) I have LB DOMS, too. Didn't think I was going heavy enough yesterday, but guess I was;)

Iris - Hhhhmmm...my money is on DG not taking the hint. I think he will still pursue you but we'll see. I wish I ate what you ate yesterday:( Bowling was a blast! The kids look forward to it every month and out of all of us (9 in total) I always come in last...I suck big time!!

Amelia - Wow, have fun at opening day and having the night off from the kiddies!!

Helene - What's going on with your knee? My knees (thankfully) are being nice to me for a change. I started back doing knee exercises again and have noticed improvement. There's a pretty decent dvd especially for knees if you're interested. Nice job on your wo!

Good Afternoon....back to report before I head off to work. :)

Had a good Leg workout today, got some studying done, made dinner (greek salad w/ couscous) for the next few nights (minus the meat, that varies). DJ has been in and out, of course. Not looking forward to work.........

Helene- I wouldn't call it control...but thanks! If I were really in control, I wouldnt' have seen him again. But I DID tell myself if it wasn't going how I wanted it go, then he was gone, and that's exactly what happened. Yeah I might borrow CTX one of these days when I get to another rotation. Thanks! Good subs today on your back work....I've definitely done that a time or two. Hope you're having an alright day at work!

Amelia- yeah I can't believe I'm saying I somewhat enjoy leg days too, now. :eek: I"m like you, I've never said that. The Braves?? Booooo! LOL

Trish- The only thing I'll get from DG now is grief, I guarantee it. :confused: The Easter eating will soon be forgotten once you get back into the swing of things! So don't sweat it! (Or DO sweat?) Anyways, great workout today. If you need bowling lessons, you just come to me, I'll have you beating all of them.

Ok ladies....have a wonderful evening...if it gets ugly at work , I might be back to vent from my phone!

Evening ladies!

Amelia: Too funny! I lurk all day long and log in to post only once in a while. Yeah on the tickets for the game.

Trish: My knees are OK. It's my back that is bothersome. By putting one knee on the chair relieves the lower back pressure. Sorry, my aches and pains are different :eek:

Iris: Any visitors? ;) Hope all is going well.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Cookie, Iris and I are having beautiful weather here!

All right, I am giving up on yesterday's personals. Sorry :eek: If I missed anything I was supposed to respond to, please post again. I have to go and dance to the wiggles......

See you all in the morning.

'Evening!
Belinda, So what are you doing with your recovery week? Can't imagine you taking the whole week off. How are your sinuses doing?
Amelia, opening day?!!! Awesome! I always think of you whenever someone mentions the Braves. Enjoy.
Iris, I also enjoy working legs! For some reason B&G is probably one of my fav dvds - maybe 'cause Cathe seems so happy during it. Wow, you were good yesterday. Can't say I was. Yes, I did get Insanity. That is some crazy stuff, but I'm loving it. Doing Cathe's March rotation with Insanity as the cardio. So far, I'm hanging in there, but it doesn't have the fun factor I find in Cathe's.
Helene, good idea on the alternatives. One of my ds is a dr and she claims to make a lot of money from people doing deadlifts incorrectly! Did you little ones have a good day yesterday?
Trish, glad you're out! Hey, trust me you weren't the only food celebrant yesterday, nor could you ever be a worse bowler than me. Pitiful is the only word to describe me, just pitiful.
Deb, do you make those little Italian cookies that are like a cake with the confectionary sugar and sprinkles on top? I made them today - Jeannette's is what we call them up here. OMG, they go as fast as I make them, and not only into my mouth, others too.
Lori, I must have missed something - where are you? Visiting your parents?
Yesterday was also our 29th anniversary so we celebrated by going out to brunch. That long meal filled me up for the day! Yesterday did MM and yoga, and today was Insanity Plyo circuit. Wanted to get another cardio wo in this afternoon but never had time. One of my sons has been going to school in Mexico, and it has been very worrisome with the increasing violence all around him. His college here and my dh and I have decided he needs to come home, so we'll have to work out all the details of travel, college credits, and stuff. The stress has really been getting to me - between him, events at work, and my mom, I'm just worn out. Of course, then the other kids have to decide to provide me some aggravation! Well, life certainly is not boring.
Cookie

Hi girls,

I have to do work at JC Penney, Kohl's & Sears this month. So I'm trying to work longer days and have a couple of days off instead . . . we'll see how that works. I went to the gym to spin. The dinner came out good even without the homemade shells;) Ugh, the damage I did with cupcakes . . . I bet I ate more then Trish:) and I ate one more tonight:eek:

Belinda - I wonder what your rest week will be like:p

Lori - Great time with your run:) Is the race in May?

Iris - I can't imagine that DG would come around again after last night. You were really good yesterday with your eats.

Amelia - I sure you had a great time at the game. Who won & did you have ballpark food? When we were at Spring training I saw some people brought there own food.

Trish - I'm not sure what's up with my eating either. I'm good for a few days and once I go off track it's so hard to go back and the damage stays around longer:mad:

Helene - Sometimes I'll go to check-in and realize I don't have enough time so come back later. We're having summer weather here too . . . I saw lots of people in shorts & tanks already:confused:

Cookie - Does you DS want to come back or is he resisting? That is pretty scary. DH wants us to go to Mexico and we have friends that are going next month . . . but I'm not so sure right now. I took an italian cooking class many years ago and we made those cookies (can't think of the italian name). I should make them because they are very expensive to buy.

Good night everyone:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.