Commit to get FIT & Lean for April 2014!

Back with personals:

Kirstin - nothing wrong making the rotation work for you:D We had snow on Sunday too. I couldn't believe it:eek: DH and took the dog for a walk yesterday, I wore a light sweater:eek: Walking my dogs helps me to clear my head too. Plus I like walking. Baxter is a lucky dog.

Debbie - oh no! Wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery. Get lot's of rest!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

'Morning!
Belinda, drill max is such an endorphin rush! I haven't done it in a while but now you make me think about planning to get it done. You would have been blown around on your walk if you did it here yesterday. It has been so windy for three days now. Between that and potholes, driving has not been fun.
Amelia, another hike! Good for you. Bet you are seeing results from your dedication.
Kristen, did you hear the gov candidate's kids won't take the assessments? We have very few not taking them. Can't believe they are here already. Best of luck today and the next few. Remember, you are terrific. I'm with you on walking for clearing my head. I never take my phone w/me. Have thought of it for taking photos but even that would break the relaxation part for me.
Deb, oh no. Hope your dh is recovered soon and your dad doesn't get it. How is your dad doing? And don't want you to get it either. Take care.
Have long days today and tomorrow. Work, meeting and then a presentation at a university tonight. Today was hiit dwp and 100s of biceps and shoulders.
Hi to all who follow.
Cookie

Good morning! The weather here in NC is beautiful. Partly sunny and supposed to be a high near 80 degrees. I'm excited to walk through my yard each day and see all the bulbs up and about to bloom (the daffodils and more established tulips are already in full bloom, as are the trees. And some of the trees have actually finished blooming and are already leafed out). Will take my little Stella for a walk later :cool:

Sunday and Monday were rest days, so ready to do STS Hypertrophy Legs Disc 23 today. I am still excited about my workout this past Saturday. Like most women, pullups are a real challenge for me. Not being able to support my weight very well while hanging was one of the reasons I had my awful knee injury almost 3 years ago. Rather than give in to defeat, I've been working over the past year or so on chinups and pullups. I started off doing assisted and negative moves and eventually graduated to being able to do several hanging (full-on, no-assist) chinups, but pullups were still very challenging, though I could eke out a couple. My training method has been to add pullups & chinups to the end of some of my workout routines, then take a few weeks off, then go back in and do them again. I would do the few hanging that I could manage and add assisted-to-failure. It had been a little over a month since I had last added them to a workout, and I was doing the back portion of P90X Legs & Back this past Saturday (the back portion is all pullups & chinups), so I was excited to see if I'd made much progress. Well lo & behold, my first set of chinups and I knocked out 6 hanging. Then I tried wide-grip pullups (by far, the hardest), and I did 2 hanging. I went to close-grip pullups and did 5 hanging; then switch-grip (reg grip pull-ups alternated with chinups) and did 6 of each hanging. My confidence was so buoyed that when I went for round 2, I knocked out 9 more hanging chinups, 2 more hanging wide-grip pullups, 5 more regular grip hanging pullups, and 6 hanging "other bar" chinups (other bar--the part of the pullup bar that sticks straight out in front of you). In addition to the hanging reps of all of the above, I added assisted-to-failure for each set. Now you know why I needed 2 recovery days! Now I'm even more inspired to stick with my program and keep challenging myself :D There is something about being able to do pullups that is so empowering :D, probably because it was such a weakness for me before. And let me tell you, pullups work the heck out of my core, too. My abs are still sore from Saturday!

Belinda---Good heavens! What time do you get up in the morning?! I'm so glad that my husband let me sleep in today (until almost 8!). I feel so much better than yesterday when I'd only had 5 1/2 hours sleep the night before :mad:

Debbie---hope no one in your fam gets the flu! Ugh. But if so, speedy recovery! And good for you for planning on working out while on vaca. On our last fam vaca, my husband caught me doing squats with a watermelon. Hey, sometimes you've got to improvise. Now my upcoming birthday blow-out week in Key West? Not so much :eek: But maybe I should plan on it. I'll need to sweat the alcohol out of my system :p

Kristin--good luck with your April rotation :). I say if you need a rest day, take it! I take 3 rest days every week, generally the same days, but I try to be flexible. There is nothing worse than an over-use injury. Then you have to take rest weeks instead of days. Sounds like your Monday started off with a bang! Where do you live? 4 inches of snow?! Yikes! It was sunny and in the 70's here (but Sunday I was in a parka. It was very windy and cold. But that's spring in NC). And I don't know what tests you are talking about, but if it's anything like the schools here in NC, we test, test, test. I guess I'm used to it though. I have two in college and one in 6th grade. My 6th grader said that they just took a mock math EOG and didn't do very well. The new core curriculum is wreaking havoc on the EOG's. And walking the dog counts as "active" recovery in my book, so it's still exercise :) As is dancing. I went dancing after the hockey game Saturday night, and I know I was working it :p

Cookie---the hockey game was awesome. Ended with our team winning in a shoot out :D. Then we went to a bar for drinks and dancing. I love to dance :eek: One of the few cardio "workouts" that I fully embrace :p

Waving hello to everyone else! ---Vicki

Hi ladies,

I did Drill Max Premix: Timesaver Cardio Blast plus LIC abs a while ago:D DM is so much fun and LIC abs is great.

Cookie - I am trying to go through all my DVD plus premixes. With the Dec 05' rotation, I will go through a lot of premixes! WTG, on HiiT DWP and UB workout.

Vicki - very impressive! Pull ups are tough! Enjoy your nice weather in NC, can you please sent some my way:eek: Doesn't look like we are getting a break. BTW, I get up with my husband! We both are early birds:p My husband was 31+ years in the military.

I will try to check in later, if not I see you all in the morning.

Checking in with a 30 minute total gym workout and a 2 hour hike at our favorite park. The terrain was rough so we were kinda slow, clocked in 5 miles total. I also got a little sunburned :eek:

My latest creation (and I promise I won't post every painting I do :p lol)
100MEDIA$IMAG0151-11.jpg

ok, hubby is grilling out and yelling for me to help. I will catch up with you guys tomorrow :)

Hi everyone! I just finished PLB. The rotation called for leaner legs, but I don't have that one, so I substituted with PLB. I forgot about the ball work, lol. My legs are shaking. Tomorrow I'm supposed to do X10 77. I am going to do a shorter premix though. A. I don't have 77 minutes to workout tomorrow and B. I don't think I can do that premix without dying, lol.

So funny story, or maybe not. Today was the first day of the NYS ELA test (the test I am evaluated on based on my students' performance). A student of mine who is repeating the seventh grade came up to me all excited and said that the test had some of the same passages as last year, "AND I remembered my answers from last year, so it saved me time. Why are you making that face?" OMG! Then another student repeating the grade (in the same class) turns to her and says. . . wait for it. . . "Some of the passages were the same?" And that is why I am royally screwed. :eek::confused::mad::eek::rolleyes::(:confused::eek::mad:

Belinda- the ab routine in LIC is my favorite, with ME abs coming in at second. I love DM too, except with the one part with the ball. . . I hate that part. I think it's because I am tall and I always hit the ceiling with the ball. It throws me off, lol.

Cookie- Is it Friday yet? Better yet, is it summer?

Amelia- I love that painting! Beautful work! Are you going to frame your favorites and hang them in your house?

Deb- I hope you don't get sick! Hopefully your DH will recover soon. How is he doing today? Are you taking anything to prevent yourself from getting sick?

Vicki- I live on Long Island. The testing frenzy is out of control up here as well. I hate the amount of time I have to spend on test prep.

Okay, I am off to watch the RHONY and eat some popcorn after this long, long day. Two more days of testing. UGH!

Kristin

Hi,

I can't believe I'm saying this but I forgot to workout:eek:. I started cooking for ds & gf for when we are away and realized I didn't save time to workout:rolleyes: DH is still sick but his fever broke. I feel good so far and I'm taking lots of Vitamin C.

Belinda - Thanks for starting April for us, couldn't wait for this month to come! I like DM a lot too but forget to reach for it.

Kristin - Funny story but could be scary too:) Now you have me thinking did my kids take those tests & if so I probably didn't realize what they were for:(

Amelia - You are so talented!! Love seeing your pictures. I love your choice of colors:)

Cookie - My Dad will find out right before we get there if they were able to get all the cancer. I'm trying to think positive and hope for the best. Hopefully the long days will fly by.

Vickie - Your workouts are impressive and you are always challenging yourself. Some vacations are not meant for workouts;)

Waves hi to Melissa & Kelly

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, you and your dh do so much together - it's terrific. Personally, I like it that mine sleeps more than me. Wish I slept more, but I like the quiet in the morning and being able to drink a cup of coffee before getting going. Are you done with the P90x3 rotation?
Amelia, love the colors and wish I saw some plants and colors up here. Looks like November around here. I'm impatiently waiting for buds to appear. Are you setting up a display area in your house? Two hour hike sounds like dom-inducing.
Vicky, amazing on the pullups. Very inspiring. Sounds like a great tiime with the game and dancing.
Kristen, I can't wait for this year to be over! Isn't it sad yet funny about your students? And then you get evaluated on it. At the presentation last night, a professor said the worrying about testing was crazy, teachers should just teach well and things will work out. He didn't seem to get it that 40% was dependent upon scores, and the APPR bell curve would turn most into Developing. He also didn't understand the material from the state was not available last year and has been dribbling out this year. I swear he must have been living under a rock.
Deb, really hope dh is doing better. You must be so concerned about your dad. When do you go? Hope your ds and gf appreciate all you do.
Did Cathe's yoga dvd.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will do Gym Style Back, Shoulder & Back.

Cookie - DH and I do everything together, we always have:eek: My sleeping improved with all those workouts I been doing lately:p I am really thankful for that;) Hope you get some sleep soon. I know, it's frustrating! Yes, I finished P90X3, 13 week rotation last week:D This week is my recovery/rest week from P90X3, next week DH and I will starting P90X3 Lean rotation. Good job, on the yoga this morning.

Kirstin - I have to agree with Cookie! It's funny and sad at the same time. I haven't done DM in ages either:eek: I looked through my calendar from last year… I haven't done step at all last year….not once:eek: I did had to take out the high impact/jumps. That ab workout in LIC was great! This month I am going through most of the HC series with premixes! I also trying to go through as many workout dvd's that I can this year. Need to use what I have;)

Debbie - hope your husband feels better soon. I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers! Maybe it's a good thing you forgot to workout yesterday:p I think resting for another day, will do your body some good;) I am trying to go through ALL my workout DVD's or at least most of them this year. I have to many sitting on the self unused. Still haven't used any of my CV order, lol! I am horrible!!!!

Amelia - love the picture! WOW! You do have a lot of talent, girl! You can paint a picture for me, I would hang it up! LOL! WTG, on that 5 miler yesterday.

Hi to everyone that check in after me! BBL!

I am back: did my workout earlier this morning. Couldn't check into Cathe's website? It was down:confused: Anyway, I forgot how tough GS BSB was:eek: My biceps are on fire. Matched Cathe weight on all exercises, been awhile since I did that one:) Have a great day and workout. BBL!

Last edited:
Good Wednesday afternoon!

Wow! It's a hot one today here in NC. It's 85 degrees now! A little too warm for me, but I know that most of you would love for some of our heat to drift up towards you :cool: Today I am doing Pyramid Upper, one of my favs probably because it was one of the first Cathe workouts that I did. I have 40 upper body workouts, and I am starting back from the top again. I've completed all of them 3 times, and at 2 per week, that means I've been doing these workouts for over 14 months, and I've really seen a lot of growth in muscle mass and strength :D

Amelia--Love your latest painting!

Kristen--Oh, no! That story about the test :confused: And I watch RHONY, too. Actually, I watch all of the Real Housewives. OC will be back on soon :D

Debbie--Glad that you are not sick! And hopefully, your husband will be on the mend very soon. Prayers for your father.

Belinda---Awesome that you & your hubby do so much together. My husband and I do not work out together. He just wants to get it over with (he goes to 9round where he can knock out a workout in under 40 min), whereas, I "savor" my workouts a little more. I'm pretty sure that my crazy intervals don't help to make them very expedient ;) And wow on matching Cathe's weights on GS BSB!! I will be doing that workout in 4 weeks, so I'm excited to see if I can match her, too. I think that's why I love working out to Cathe so much. She and her crew inspire me to lift heavy like they do :)

I'm going to bunco tonight, so I've got to get my workout done in 1 1/2 hours. And with my intervals, that's gonna be a challenge! Later :) --Vicki

'Morning!
Belinda, I remember a few years ago, you were doing a lot of premixes. It was really good for me, b/c I had never thought nor knew of some of them. That's how I learned about SJP/StepBlast. My dh and I do most things together also.
Amelia, how were your legs yesterday? Yoga is really helping mine to feel great after long walks. Lots of talent with painting!
Kristen, hope last day of terror goes smoothly. The rigamorole is crazy!
Vicky, wow, you sure sound organized in planning out your workouts. My dh loves pub, and he would do it every weekend. His repeated doing took some of the shine off of it for me; I prefer more variety.
Kelly, hope all is well.
Deb, how is your dh feeling? Are you still okay and not ill? Safe travels.
Up til 11:30, and then decided to do KPC to wake me up and knock out some brain cobwebs from being tired.
Cookie

Good morning,

My workout for today is: LIC " Cardio Timesaver Blast and abs.

Cookie - yeah, I loved doing/going through a lot of premixes years ago:) They are a hidden gem. I love the SJP/StepBlast premix, need to pull it out soon. KPC is another one I haven't done in ages:confused: Fantastic job!

Debbie - how are you and your husband doing? Take it easy, girl!

Vicki - thanks for the compliment! I have a confession to make, I could have gone heavier yesterday, but I didn't:p Haven't done GS BCB in years, had no idea on the weights:eek: I will go up next week, now that I know what to expect:p I love hanging out with my husband:D We do everything together. It's fun working out with him. Can you please sent some of that sunshine to WV:p We are going to the extreme, from snow to rain:mad:We still have to turn on the heater at night:confused: Where is Spring:eek: It's hot in Germany:eek: Yesterday I spoke to my sister ( I am German), it never get's hot in Germany in March/April:eek: What's up with that?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hey guys. I checked in last night, but my post is gone :mad:. Crazy. Anyway, yesterday I did X10, the 52 minute premix, plus I walked Baxter for 40 minutes. Tonight I did Butts and Guts, but I did the standing leg premix. I forgot how the stability ball abs bite you, lol.

This week at work has been crazy to say the least. I am soooo glad tomorrow is Friday. I cannot imagine this week going any slower.

My friend sold me her T25 with Shaun T. She didn't like it because of the impact. I'm thinking about doing it after I finish Cathe's rotation. I don't know if I should do it as directed or mix it with Cathe workouts. I'm on the fence.

Belinda- adding step back into your routine I see. How'd it feel to do LIC? I haven't done that one is a long time. I'll have to bust it out one of these days. I love premixes too. My favorite premix is BM2 Cardio and Weights, and AB double trouble. I like the double trouble better than repeating everything back to back.

Cookie- TGIF!!! That is all I have to say. What a disaster. LI had a lot of opt outs. What will this mean for this stupid system? Do you think the State Ed Dept. King and Cuomo will get it now?

Vicki- I'd kill for 85 degrees. .. and summer. . . this winter was unbearable. I love the OC housewives. It looks like Gretchen is gone and there are now two new chics. I think Vicki, Tamra are left.

Deb- hoping your DH is recovered and feeling better!

Okay, I have to get ready for tomorrow.

Kristin

Good evening,

Done my workout a while ago! It was tough! I think the last time I did step was close to 2 years ago:confused: I was sweating buckets:eek:

Kirstin - I will do B&G tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I did that one. Good job, girl. I like T25:D The workouts are only 30 min. Mmm…need to check out AB double trouble? Don't think I ever done that one.

Good night everyone. Be back in the morning.

Good morning,

Today I will do B&G Premix: Standing Glutes plus abs.

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day.

'Morning!
Belinda, not sure why but I'm not as fond of LIC as I am of other Cathe workouts. That AB premix Kristen mentioned is really good. It really was you doing premixes a few years ago that got me to realize how many they are and how great.
Kristen, I'm with you on TGIF! Frankly, I think if someone is not in the system, they have no idea what it really is like. Can't believe yesterday I was looking at Pet Connection. If my family only knew...
Vicky, great job on your workouts. Pullups are really an accomplishment.
Amelia, how's everything at work. Has the drama died down? Great job with the workouts.
Deb, hope you and your family are well. Thinking of your dad.
Rest day today. Our 33rd wedding anniversary. Hard to believe how long and yet it doesn't feel it. Nor do I feel like I could be saying that number in connection with myself.
Cookie

Cookie - Happy Anniversary! 33 years is amazing:D Have fun today. LIC was a lot of fun, liked it a lot. The music was great also. It's a shame we don't use all those great premixes:eek: Yeah, a few years ago…I was much better using premixes.

Morning girls,

Yesterday was a 40 minute total gym then we went hiking for 40 mins.

Belinda-Great job with LIC the other day. I miss step but I still pull out those workouts and just do them on the floor. My PF is acting up again, guess its all this hiking :(

Cookie-Happy Anniversary!! You guys doing anything special? LOL, yep...there is always drama at work - I try to stay out of it though. Speaking of my job, I'm going to an open interview tomorrow. There is a warehouse hiring over 300 people and Im curious to see there starting pay. If its more then what im making it will be "adios grocery store" ;) Enjoy your rest day!

Debbie-Hows your DH? There was a nasty bug going around here last week. High fever and muscle aches. Hope your still feeling well.

Kristin-Ive heard T25 is fun, I like Shaun T. Great job on your workouts!!

Vbrady-40 UB workouts? Thats quite the collection. Great job rotating them..I bet you UB is nicely toned!! Its been warm here this week too. Around the high 70's and yesterday it was around 82.

Hello to Melissa and Kelly

BBL to report my workout. Today will be a cardio...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.