Commit to get fit and lean for April 12, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Still can't decide which rotations I will do today?:confused: They both awesome rotations! Well I have to decide soon!

I will be back to report my workout. Have a great Monday!

Good Morning!:)

Once again, I went to bed to late and didn't really care to get up out of it....but I did. Once the coffee kicks in I should be fine. Like Helene, the house is so nice when it is quiet:) Just the sound of the key board.

Would you guys believe that these nails are still on? LOL They haven't budged! I kinda like them to. I kept them short of course. I remember one time I did some ladies nails and she was bit of a loof b/c she wanted them kept really,really long. Who wants that when you aren't use to it? She wasn't out the door 10 mins before she came back and she had one broke. The longer they are the better chance that they are going to pop off. I think she did it when she was trying to open the car door or something.

So yesterday wasn't that relaxing, my days never are. I don't know why I just don't get use to it. I picked up groceries, came home and had to tdyi the cupboards and fridge before I could put anything in it, made some cookies, when shopping with my sister again, did laundry and then went to my inlaws for supper. No down time for me ever. So much for quiet house as well....I hear little feet already!!!!:eek: Its only 6:30!:confused:

Belinda** Glad to hear the snow didn't stick! Who wants to see snow now?? Or ever for that matter???;) My sitter usually takes the kids outdoors but now that it is mucky and muddy out they will probably be spending more time inside until it all dries up.

Cookie** Happy to hear your mom's biopsey came back good! That's good news. I guess its hard to have good spirits with everything she is going though.

Helene** Yes, I had quit the eventful weekend. I started to panic when my hands were stuck together b/c I had no free hand;) Maybe a freakish 3rd hand would have came in handy. I knew I shouldn't have made fun of that girl in highschool! LOL Im just kidding! I don't know anyone with 3 hands! haha!

Iris** Have you decided against the apt or are you still on the fence. I can't stand moving. We thought about selling this house and building again but I don't think I have it in me. Not only that, everyone around here as the same idea. Everyones house is for sale! The housing market as went nuts the past couple of years and people are selling their houses to make money and then building again.

Ameila** Good job with your workout yesterday.

Deb** Im sure you can find the time to go to Daytona! I kind of cringed when I read about your Oct month and getting ready for Christmas.

Hope I didn't forget anyone. I am planning on doing a circuit workout today. Not only that, today I need to start eating a wee bit better. I have been picking alot lately and I end up skipping my meals b/c of it so 3 meals and 1 snack for me.

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning,

I am done with M2 D 13 Chest/Shoulder + Triceps. Had a hard time getting those weights up today, not sure why?:confused: I decided to play a little more with STS:p I am doing STS/GS legs rotation. Next month I will be in the states, I can't do any heavy lifting, I will be doing circut wo plus running.

Lori, have fun with your workout today!

Have a great day! BBL!

Good Morning Ladies

I had to get up super early because of my own doc appointment at 9am...why did I make it so early when I know I have to work tonight? I'm going to fit in D20 Legs, and hopefully a decent stretch. I still can't get over this tension in my neck. DJ is coming over for breakfast, so I threw the porridge together about half an hour ago, hopefully it will be ready to go by the time I get home!

Belinda- You STILL haven't decided?? I can't stand the suspense! I'm thinking you're gonna do the Summer rotation along with the others......;) lol You're right, some people are just naturally miserable, but maybe so is her husband?

Lori- You and Helene are always talking about the few seconds you have when your house is quiet..........I can't imagine anything else! lol Hope you have a good workout today! Yeah moving is a royal pain, but for whatever reason it seems like I do it frequently!

Cookie- Hope you had a good workout last night! Are you doing KPC in Syracuse?

Amelia- I always go back and read the posts from the day before, no matter how late. ;) Nice workout yesterday!

Helene- Lucky you going to that show!! I like Bill....... :) You know who my favorite comedian is? Wanda Sykes! I think she's downright hysterical. If she ever came here, I'd get front row. Sign up might be over for your 5k, but that's ok, I'm really wanting to FINALLY run in the Turkey Trot down in Troy this year! I keep saying every year I'm going to. Lmao @ being like DG....too funny!!! It's gonna take 3 more months of you asking me to run outside before I cave in! LOL Aren't the kids back to school today?

Ok BBL. I'm nervous about my doc appt. I have a new doc, so that means they're probably gonna take blood, and I'm needlephobic!! Big time!! Last time they took blood 2 years ago, it took 3 nurses. 7 of them were there for my MRI last summer (but I didnt' cry at that one, and that needle was in for a half hour!), and I still tried to rip the tourniquet off before I got anesthesia for my wisdom teeth, AFTER I had the laughing gas I was still buggin'! When I was in the hospital last year before the accident, it took my mother and 2 aunts to hold me down so they could give me morphine.:eek::eek::eek: LOL But wouldn't you know, I take novacaine like A CHAMP. No problem, keep shootin' me up! Ok BBL.....

Good Morning girls!

Today is first a dog walk then some step~suppose to do 60minutes of it but will see how far i get...

bbl:)

Morning,

Belinda: Hey, so you decided after all. I am loving heavy weights at the moment too. Maybe you'll need to go shopping again before you go to the states ;) I too found my weights felt really hard when I was off due to my back. But I was back up by the next workout. Hopefully it will feel the same for you.

Lori: OK, you got it. I have to eat better too. This is downright shameful what I am eating. There is no excuse so I'll try to be good with you. For me the battle is dinner........ I'll let you know how I do. I think my little feet heard your little feet were up. But I had to finish this, so I gave her breakfast and now she is watching Dora :eek: So the house isn't quiet but I am still sipping my foffee.

Iris: Yeah, you have no idea how peaceful you have it now. I love Bill too. He is too funny. I agree Wanda is da bomb. They have a lot of her shows on Netflix as well that you can watch on the computer. 3 months, are you kidding me? We have to run before the weather turns to crap again. I ain't waiting 3 months, let's see if I can do better than DG. Only problem is I don't know where you live. Maybe I should ask him. Wow, good luck with the Doctor's, that is some serious needle phobia :(

Hi to everyone that comes later.

OK, off to work. Looks nice outside already! I have GS one of the upper bodies on tap for tonight. That way I can skip the stop at the pasta factory ;)

Good morning girls,

Well I have my number, #10 on the waistlist not sure what my chances are . . . still considering Daytona or both:) I may email one of the coordinators and see if 10 people will actually cancel.

I'm going to the gym to spin today and off to work. We're picking up a car for my son either today or tomorrow just waiting for the check to clear. My taxi services may be over:)

Belinda - Do you have any equipment or gym memberships when your in the states? Good choice on rotations. I'm almost done with STS too.

Lori - Why is it the little ones wake up with so much energy and we have to crawl out of bed? I'm bringing lunch to work today to try and eat better . . . just need to find a microwave.

Iris - Do they have a hard time finding the veins in your arm? Maybe they could give you a very mild sedative before taking blood. Good luck today.

Amelia - Enjoy step today.

Helene - Do you work from home somedays? Hope you get your workout in an avoid the pasta factory:)

Cookie - So I'm #10, what are the odds of 10 peole canceling:confused: They do take 105 waitlist so I'm at the top.

Trish - How often do they offer pilates at lunchtime?

Have a great day everyone:)

Hi

Doc appt. over, no blood today! They send me to the hospital if they order blood work....*phew*! But I'm due for my tetanus shot, and I looked at her like she was nuts when she said she'd set it up today. :eek: So I go back in a month for that and my annual. The scale said less than what mine's been saying, too....:D Even with clothes on, after 2 meals and a workout! :p Ok, onto personals and then to call DJ to let him know I'm home. It sucked so bad this morning seeing the big white truck with someone else in it. :(

Belinda- I would have lost that bet! I thought for sure you were gonna go with the summer rotation....lol

Amelia- Have a good workout!

Helene- LOL @ being better than DG. I'm gonna give it another month on the treadmill, I think I'm gonna replace all cardio's with running right now. And I'll just tack on whatever cardio I feel like throughout the week if I"m up to it. I might not make it too far on the road the first couple of times out, I just don't want to slow you down!

Deb- I'm hoping that there will even BE a Daytona this year. I mean, I'm guessing there will be?? I guess it's a bit presumptuous to think that, but I don't see why it wouldnt' happen again, and who knows, it might even be in January this year! I really hope you can get into the July RT! I can't believe it sold out that fast! Did Cookie make it in?

Alright ladies......have a wonderful afternoon!

Ohhh and Helene.... I knew I wanted to ask you...*since you are my personal Cathe Library now*...LOL If you had HSTA, CoreMax, and/or Timesavers. I know there's something else I don't have, but can't think of it right now.

Also...my cooking questions of the Week!

1. I CANNOT find Powdered Saffron in the market
2. I CANNOT find Scallions?? Seriously?
3. How do you cook fresh Asparagus?

Thank you ladies for your time...lol

Deb: I don't work from home. Eventhough I do work on the computer, I don't easily have access to what I need from home. Plus I need to be able to see some people throughout the day. It works fine that way though. I do wish I could be at home some times, but not to work :eek: so it's fine the way it is. Yep, I am not going to the pasta factory. That place is my downfall!

Iris: LOL, what I can't get is why you think I can run better than you. I haven't run since vaca at the end of January. So please come running with me. We'll comiserate along the way. Am I wearing you down yet? :eek: How about Sunday morning ? I'll get you, it seems with you persistence pays off. :D and :p Hope you had a nice breakfast. Glad the blood work didn't need to get done today. I have timesaver and CoreMax but HSTA is greek to me! Which one is that? Powdered Saffron (try an indian or asian store there's a really good one on central) else buy gold powder, it might be cheaper. Scallions are everywhere ! Seriously? Where do you shop?! Maybe you can ask another lady just in case they have them in a weird place at your store? For aspargus, I steam them for 10-12 minutes (no more!) and take them out of the steamer right away otherwise they get mushy. For the same reason, if I have leftovers I eat them cold chopped up in a salad the next day. HTH.

Helene- Seriously, is DG your brother from another mother? Geeeeez....LOL Ok about running on Sunday, I'm going to say YES (yep you were right persistance pays off!). But here's my thing....I've never run without music, I've never talked to anybody while running, I haven't run outside in a very long time, and I run in intervals right now (and DEFINITELY I will have to being out on pavement) . Are you sure this is what you want???? (Ohhh boy I really do feel like I'm having a conversation with DG!) :eek::p:p Where on central is that store? I have thursday off this week *weird I know* and I'm gonna try and hit the coop and get the dang Saffron. I couldn't find the scallions in price chopper :eek::eek: Ohhhh and HSTA is High Step Training Advanced...I see that pop up in rotations now and then.

Ive got some 'kinda' good news girls! I have a job interview tomorrow and its for a full time position!! :eek: Im really unsure on how to feel about this..i really only wanted to work part time somewhere:confused: The position is from m-f, 8-5 and i would be a dispatch for a heating and air company(easy right?)

DH leaves the house for his job around 5:20,so that gives me time to get home. There are a couple things bother me 1) I would have to find someone to sit with the kids on Thursdays & Fridays until DH woke up around 2ish. I'm just not sure about that,2) i haven't worked full time is 11 yrs...can i handle it? and
Im having mixed emotions...but we could really use the extra money:cool:

what do you guys think? Please give me your opinions...im i being a big baby right now?:eek:

oh and I did manage to get my workout in this morning:p

Last edited:
Amelia: I will post when I get home from work. Check back later. But it's great news. First things first, go to the interview, a lot will depend on that first. :)

Thanks Helene, lol..i was getting a little ahead of myself wasn't I:rolleyes: Im excited now...i think i was just freaking out this morning. If I do get the job ive arrangement for one of my brothers to watch the kids two days a week so thats settled:) Ok,now ive got to figure out what im going to wear to the interview...dress slacks and a nice blouse should do?

Allright, let's see how long I can post before I get called by the little ones. I'm hoping the new DVD from the library will hold them for a while.

Iris: LOL, I am better than DG, it didn't take me nearly as long :p I am sure price chopper has scallions. Maybe you can ask someone next time. :) And yes, we can both listen to our music and pretend we don't know each other. There again, I will be ahead of DG since you two are just now trying to ignore each other :eek:

Amelia: Yeah, that's what I meant. Awesome. trousers and slacks will be good because you will be comfy too. And that's right, you can always figure something out, and give it a try. Now of course, you will have to figure out when to work out, but we'll be there to help you with that too. Woohoo, that's great! I wonder if dispatch would be fun, guess we'll find out :D Oh and yeah you can handle it! It won't be easy, but it's actually probably no harder than what you are doing right now. It's just different. Now, I'm excited for you. :eek:

Good night, see you all in the morning. Oh yeah, did GS chest and triceps tonight. That's another good one :eek:

Hey Girls:)

Busy day at work today, finishing up the invoices for the past couple of weeks. New owner is coming AGAIN tomorrow:eek: So I should be there at a sensible time, which means i should go to bed at a sensible time!

My workout was 4 miles on the TM and 3 seg of HST. I need to get some abs work and cardio in tomorrow morning.

My eating was good today as well. I only need a couple of days to get back on track.

Belinda** How long will you be in the states for?

Ameila** I think you should take the FT job, if you get it. Especially if you need the money. Money never goes astray if you want to do the extra things in life, like vaca with the kids and buying extras. Im sure you can find a good sitter as well. Oh and you can handle it!!

Iris** So how was breakfast with DJ? Did he enjoy it? I don't think DH would eat it....unless there was bacon in it. Happy to hear you didn't have to have a needle,....crazy women!

Helene** DS wanted to watch Dora earlier as well. He is in the stage where he keeps changing his mind about what show he wants to watch...drives me crazy!

Deb** If you are #10 on the list I bet you will get in. I bet there are people who signed up not knowing if they could actually go or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I will bb bright and early in the a.m!

Lori:)

Evening!
Belinda, I'll miss you on the FF GRFS rotation - thought you were going to go for it. Good thinking about doing wts now while you can. Bet you are so glad the snow melted. I'm so ready for warm weather! I've been eating 90% dark chocolate lately, but it's been more like one bar instead of one piece.
Amelia, congrats! So did you pick out an outfit. I agree with Helene that slacks are fine, but I do suggest a blouse (Helene was only recommending slacks and trousers and that might get you a different type of job! Did you get your 60 mins in? When are you and Belinda meeting up?
Helene, sorry but couldn't resist the tease. How did you get GS C/T in already this evening? You are very determined. Great job with getting Iris to agree to running on Sunday. That was a lot faster than even DG could have done it. We'll have to call you DH.
Iris, lol about you and needles. I hate them also. So how was breakfast? Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know. I did get into the rt, but will wait to be sure Deb also can get in.
Deb, won't you be so relieved to stop being a taxi! Of course, then you'll worry about his driving! One of my nephews is going to school next fall near Daytona and he starts in October. Told my ds I'll be going down with him. Wonder when Cathe will do Daytona again. I do think ten is reasonable, maybe down to the wire tho, but that's fine. How far are you from Trish?
Lori, the only one who seems to get quiet time is Iris, and that's cause she doesn't have kids. did you say you don't even have a movie theatre?!!! Wow, that's small. The town I live in doesn't have one either, but then again we have more cows than people. I thought Gander was bigger - isn't that were some of the planes that couldn't fly on 9/11 were held over? How are your legs today?
Trish, did you do pilates at lunch again? I always feel that in my core.
Well, off to do a yoga dvd, but I can hear the tv in the next room. Don't know about you all but I don't like others hearing what I'm doing. Yoga won't be bad but I hoped to do KPC in the morning. Oh, I did a little boosting the economy shopping this afternoon and found a couple of Cathe resistance bands and 10# med ball in a store discounted! Even got a hand gripper thing that I never saw on the website. Last night did Gauntlet - OMG that worked me so good!
Cookie

Forgot to mention the cashier at the store I bought the Cathe stuff asked me who she was and so we may have another Cathlete soon! I also told her about the website. Wonder if I could apply for a commission?
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.