Commit to get fit and lean for 7/3

Hi girls,

I ended up going to the gym, it's to hot outside. It's 98 outside:cool: I wanted to go for long run today. I ran 10 K = 6.2 miles:eek: burned 850 cal. I will get a nice stretch in as well today, my legs need it. LOL! Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow.

Have a fantastic 4 th of July weekend! There are all kinds of parties/BBQ going on on and off base. DH wants to go town down, which is only a 5 min. walk from base. There is a fest going on, I will wait until the sun goes down a little:eek: if not I will stay home with the fan aiming at me:p This is Germany, we don't get that hot:eek: the dogs don't wonna stay outside:confused:

I will be back later. Have a great workout and weekend.

Good Morning Ladies

Today I will do 10-10-10, Chest,Tri's, and Abs. Yesterday I did legs at the community center, but the equipment was so old...there was no step or anything I could do leg presses on *besides the machine, that didn't look too promising**, so I kind of made it up as I went along. From now on, I'll do all strength training at home! My run went well I suppose, I'm thinking of getting on the road tomorrow......

Belinda- I could post on OF, but there's a trainers forum in the social groups, so I'll probably just go there! But I think I know what direction I'll be heading now, after giving it some thought....... ;) Have a great workout!

Helene- So where did you go to eat?? And yes...Happy Belated Anniversary!!

Lori- I have a hard time relaxing....lol I like to have something going on at all times, to keep me busy.... I dont' know when I became like that :confused: You sound like me when talking about your job!! I swear, every little thing annoyed me at my bartending job....too much bulls**t, I swear. It was always something.

Amelia- I like your rotation as well. Hey, I thought you said no weighing until Tuesday?? You told Helene Sunday...on 4th of July?? :p

Licia- What do you like to do for active recovery? Sorry about the rain after you just cleaned your bikes!

Deb- How was your night with your DH?? I think we all wish we could find the perfect job and life without stress! :confused: But then I guess it wouldn't be called Life would it?? You still haven't been to the doctor yet about your hip?

BBL to report my workout

Good Morning!

I could be a while typing this cause the space bar is totally gone now and all that's left is a small blue button!:confused:

Didn't get to check in yesterday, I was fairly busy of course. My nieces came over for an hour in the morning and when their father came home he offered to take DS so I could go for a run! Of course I took him up on his offer:D I did just over 12k and then I did some of Amy Bentos slo mo legs....good workout and I feel a little bit of DOMS today. I am hoping to get another run in today and some UB work....maybe all UB.

BB with personals!

Lori:)

O.k....DS wanted DH's computer to watch Mickey mouse...so I have DD's computer. Which is pretty tiny BUT the keys are all there:p

Belinda** Nice workout this a.m! How long is DS home for?

Iris** I use to always want some sit down time but whenever I got it I didn't know what to do with myself! I always thought if someone came and took DS for an hour that I would get a nap....but I never did. I just use to do something else! LOL I think its probably part of being a women!

Ameila** If I were you I think I would do only work UB and LB once and the rest being cardio and yoga. I probably only work my body parts once a week but when I do, they are usually sore the next day.

Deb** How did your evening go with no kids! LOL We are talking as if they are babies! hehe! Its still nice to have the house to yourself no matter how old they are!

Licia** Enjoy your active rest week!

Well....I guess I need to start training for the next marathon soon..(sigh:eek:) I also spoke to my coworker and asked her if I wanted to, if she wanted to switch weekends of the 10 mile race in the city. She said yes...I knew she would b/c the weekend I want to switch is the weekend of parties in this town. We live two different life styles but yet we have the same group of friends. I would rather run then drink. SO I am dif leaning towards doing the race...but haven't made up my mind 100% yet!

O.k...I will probably bbl! DH is gone fishing so its just me and the kids!

Morning Girls,

What a difference a great night's sleep makes!!! I got 7.5 hours and woke up full of energy for a change:D My shin was feeling better so I did iClimb31 on the elliptical and really gave it a push. I kept my HR in the 90% range for most of the workout and at one point had my HR up to 103% (not sure what the actual HR was:confused:). I burned 420 cals in 35 mins, travelling 4.96 mi. Still had some energy, so I did Jennifer Kries' Perfect Mix Pilates (core conditioning portion) and burned another 155 cals. I'm headed to Sports Authority to get some new dumbbells so I can do PUB (switching the plates on dumbbells drives me nuts!!) this afternoon. Ah, this is what I've been missing on my Saturdays:cool:

Belinda - Holy Cow!! Love that cal burn!! If I could do that twice a week, I'd be on my way;) It seems as though it got really hot really fast in Germany. Have fun at the parties and wear extra sunscreen!!

Iris - Are you going to try working out at your gym? I can understand if you don't want to. I see a lot of the trainers in my gym being asked questions when they are off the clock. I always feel bad for them. Yup, I had DOMs in my chest and upper back from S&H yesterday (and today!!). I hope I can make it through PUB. So, where are you getting on the road to?

Lori - Those keys are tricky to get back on. Is your computer still under warranty? DH has a netbook and I use it as little as possible! What UB wo are you doing? Want to join me on PUB??

Hope everyone has a great saturday! BBL

Last edited:
Hey girls

Today will be upper body, not sure yet. Maybe MM

I will have to come back later for personals, got to run to walmart and im sure it will be madness there!

bbl

Hey Girls!

What a relaxing saturday! Its so nice not to have any plans!

My UB workout was 4DS shoul/bics/tris and B&G abs. Then DD watched DS so I could go for a 10k run:) I'm sitting on the patio now wth my bikini bottoms on b/c my tan is getting more ridiculous with every run I do! Trying to tan the tops of my legs a little bit.

Trish** I have had two good nights in a row now but I was still lazy yesterday afternoon and could have had a power nap, I think that's normal though. I already did PUB this week;) Have a good workout!

Ameila** One place I won't be going today is walmart! LOL I hate going there during the week days,nevermind on a saturday! Dear Lord! Your one brave chicky!

I might bbl!

Good Afternoon.....

Just sitting here having another cup of coffee......got some sun earlier, gonna work on things for this week coming up now....head down to my parents later, hit the market, then come home and do yoga and/or program design (which could take me awhile......)

So I did 10-10-10, then the Chest/Tri's workout which looked something like this:

Superset 1:
4 Sets
Incline Chest Press------------- 12,10,8,8
Stab. Ball Push Ups (Feet on Ball)- 4X12
(40 sec. rest between sets, 1:00 after last set)

Superset 2:
4 Sets
Flat Bench Chest Fly -------12,10,8,8
Tricep Kickbacks w/ Palms Up-- 4X15 *these kinda burned after awhile!*
(20 sec. rest, 1:00 after last set)

Superset 3:
4 Sets
Up Down Elbow Planks (like the ones in MMA!)- 5 each side
Tricep Dips----- as many as possible in 20 seconds (I just did 20 straight reps)
(40 sec. between each set)

It didn't take long but it was hard!!!

Followed up w/ Ab Circuits- Pilates....:)

Lori- Enjoy your peaceful day!! Glad you got a good workout in. ;) I'm the same as you, I bitch and b**ch about no time, and then when I DO have it, I don't know what to do....lol

Amelia- I'm with you today, unfortunately. Going to Walmart.....:confused:

Trish- No I wont' workout at the gym, unless for whatever reason I feel like hopping on the treadmill there. I grunt and sweat too much....lol...and its too distracting. My workouts are my time....and that's the way I'm going to keep it. I was going to hit the road tomorrow for a run! See how these joints hold up. But alas, there's already another workout planned for me tomorrow...it will have to wait. Awesome workout today!!!!!

Ok BBL!

Hello,

Quick check-in for me. The neighbor invited us to their pool again :D

Did BM2 scrambled eggs this morning. 682 calories. Love the numbers I get with that workout. Had good energy.

I don't think I mentioned but I did AS yesterday. That's another good one.

The scale isn't being nice still. So I took out the tape measurer and lost another 1.5cm around my hips :D:D:D:D I'm loving this.

OK, I'll have to BBL for the rest. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi girls,

I've been catching up on laundry, put new bedding (that fits) on the bed since DH has been stealing the covers:) and cooked a sauce to last for 5 dinners. I'm going to get ME in before we eat.

Belinda - I'm sure it's hard on DS with jet lag at that age they love to sleep. Wow, enjoy the BBQ's with those crazy temperatures:)

Iris - The waiter was buying us drinks so I felt like crap this morning:eek: Looks like your going to be sore from today's workout.

Lori - I guess when there older it's much different the revolving door doesn't go around as much when their not home:D It seems like your getting the itch to run a race again;) The one good thing is your always training so your set to go.

Trish - It must feet great to have your weekends back. I think it may hurt your pocket though:D Enjoy the time!

Amelia - I slipped in an out of Walmart yesterday but I only had sunscreen & beach towel to buy so I was able to go on the short line:) Our Walmart is now open till midnight everyday:eek:

Helene - It's so nice to have a pool to go to in the summer. We're lucky too because my in-laws have a great pool and live close by. Awesome job with the measurements:)

Cookie - Do you have Monday off? Any plans for the weekend?

Licia - Any workouts planned for today?

Enjoy the rest of the day:)

Hey girls, late check in for me!

I walked the dog for 30mins this evening. It felt good and she was so excited to see me coming with her leash.

Lori-Think i will work each body part once a week, i could use 4ds and do 3day splits with it. As long as i lift weights three days a week i think it will work out good. Nice workout today!

Debbie-Have a good workout with ME. I'm almost caught up on laundry...of course its never ending though, lol

Helene-WTG on the lost in measurements. Wow on the calorie burn today...nice job

Iris-Nice workout today!! Im not sure when im weighing next, this week has been nice without the scale in my life;)

Trish-You too..awesome workout today, wtg on your calorie burn! I too feel so much better when i get a full nights sleep, doesn't happen a lot but wow, what a difference it has.

Belinda-another great workout for you also!!! Nice job!

Hello to Cookie, Licia...anyone i missed! Have a good night!

For my active recovery I went on a 4 mile hike...I think it was just enough.
I am going to do stretching tomorrow and will likely go on another short hike. I am feeling much better today so I plan to get back into my rotation on Monday w/SS.

I had a great visit with my sister. I especially enjoyed my Great Nephew. It was a blast watching the girls swimming in the cold pool;)

I am trying to upload a picture of my nephew giving/getting wolf kisses...not sure it is going to work:rolleyes:

Upload failed. I am going to have to edit pic smaller and try again tomorrow....

Licia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.