<><>Clean.it.up.Thursday<><>

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Still not feeling super fabulous but I'm going to try a wo nonetheless. My weight is down a pound so hopefully it won't take super long to lose another 5 or 6.

You gals were chatty y'day. Don't have time to catch up right now. I'll try a little later. I'll come back after my wo attempt!

Well, I struck out. I started walking up the stairs to change my clothes and got really winded. I am really not feeling much better than I was yesterday - I'm just annoyed and want to work out but it's probably not worth it. Eats have been odd today - we have nothing in the house and are really trying to save money on groceries. I had oatmeal with Ellie for breakfast and then we shared 1/2 a box of kfraft mac 'n cheese. I haven't had that in forever. It tasted good on my sore throat. The ticket is my portions right now. I'm going to keep up with that.

Need to read some more to the kids and then let them go outside and run off some steam. It stinks that I'm sick when they're home. I'm not up to going anywhere or doing anything and they're just getting cabin fever. Hopefully next week will be better.

morning angie! can you get out to the gym today? maybe something mindless like the bike would be just the ticket while you are still recovering. yes, everyone was really chatty yesterday.i was out most of the day and missed it all! congrats on the lb and i bet you will be down pretty quickly. 5-6 lbs could even be mostly water.

headed to the gym to get on the elliptical today, some errands/driving with my mom and FIL is due back later on today so i need to figure out dinner, been needing new sneakers and not having luck replacing my asics cross trainers with something just as comfortable. i have already bought and returned 4 pairs. about to return 2 more pairs to zappos but i have 2 pairs of rykas coming from sears on friday. fingers crossed that SOMETHING will work because my sneaks have lost their oomph and it makes my workouts (especially step class tomorrow) not feel so fab.

CLEAN EATS TODAY FOR WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops, just read your second post.... i think if the stairs have you winded then you should NOT try a workout today! take it easy on yourself, woman!

Good Morning Girls !

Angie- just rest and give your body a chance to get better !
I am resting too.......Jury Duty was LONG yesterday and I basically ate supper and went to bed once I got home. Didn't sleep for hours but caught up on a few TV shows and then had a decent night's sleep.
Could be another long one today.

I'll be happy when this is over and I can get back to a normal schedule and normal food and workouts.
Yesterdays lunch was two grilled chicken snack wraps (had a coupon for buy one get one free) and a mocha frappe (also free coupon) and with the $1 off from the court, lunch was $49 !!!! I don't think I've ever eaten lunch for under a dollar !
A lady I sat with kept trying to give me her fries but I didnt' take them, so it was a halfway decent meal, I guess.

Anyway, didn't read yesterday's and I miss you guys.
Hope to be back soon !!!!!!

Becky

Morning Angie! I agree with Wendy - if stairs made you winded, don't attempt a workout. I got really winded during my workout this morning too.

Wendy, I hope you find some good shoes! It really makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Becky, lunch for $.49 is hilarious! I am hope jury duty is over for you soon.

I couldn't follow yesterday's chattiness either, although I do know that I am craving new shoes now! My go-to heels are getting a bit worn out, and I wouldn't have really cared except now I feel like I need to take good care of my feet - and all of me, for that matter!

Angie, I know how frustrating that is! Hang in there and you'll be al better soon!

Wendy. Clean eats are needed here too.
It's so hard to find good tennies isn't it?

Becky, Will today be the last day? I hope so!
Good job on resisting fries! Tastes good, feels bad! And actually, I don't even think they taste good anymore. Too greasy.

Katie, Get soem shoes too - so I feel less guilty!
Did you get your BBL in last night?

I ordered 1 pair of shoes last ngiht. They were out in my size in the others. Boo.
NO PLANS TODAY!!!! The girls are excited about that!
WO will be STS but prob not til tonight....and I hope I have energy for it. FD is SKY HIGH and we were up so late last night brooding about it. Then Julia was up unsettled for a couple hours. I HATE FD!!!!! I want to move out of state:(

Girls are watching Charlotte's Web (we just finished reading it a while ago so Anna's into it) and I'm working on my language analysis assignment. Pretty fun.

Wendy, I struggle with shoes too. I thought I found a good pair (thinking my feet were wide and ordering a wide) but now they slide off and are too big and it's so frustrating but I spent $100 so I'm going to use them until they're worn out!

Becky, nice cheap lunch! McDonald's here isn't even tempting. It's just not the same stuff. I am learning not to miss it although I would have enjoyed a shamrock shake!

Katie, I'm with you on wanting more shoes. I'm always feeling that way. I never used to like them and now I am always looking. I think once I discovered how much taller heels made me... it was addicting.

Kate, enjoy your day of nothing. So sorry about FD! That's exactly why Ryan doesn't ever want to live in the same city as our family. It would be chaos I'm sure!

Well, I should get back to my work while the girls are occupied.

Angie, I love Ch.Web - the book and the movie! I read it over and over when I was little.
Happy studying!:p
thanks re the FD - it's really at an all-time high right now. We're just trying to remind ourselves that everything happens for a reason and to hang in there. If there's one thing that's certain is that things will change. Trying to figure out what God wants us to learn from all of this!

All my girls are still sleeping - better get out of bed and get busy!

Last edited:
Morning!

Rainy day here and the girls are still sleeping. My cousin and my guy friend want to come over today-why does no one invite ME over?! We'll see if they do-they're both notorious for saying something then cancelling. Workout is 4DS Legs and probably KB since my weight is up:( Speaking of shoes-I need new ones too, running shoes especially considering mine are 3 years old! And I want some wedges and platforms for summer:) Eats will be clean!

Angie, take it easy! I hope you feel better soon. I need to get the girls Charlotte's Web-again. We had the movie but it disappeared.

Becky, hope you get doen with jury duty soon. At least you know you'll be all McD'ed out when you're done!

Wendy, have a good workout. I need to buy my running shoes at a store-need expert help with my Fred Flintstone feet!

Katie, hoep work goes by quickly so you can spend time with Collin and your mom.

Kate, yay for new shoes! Sorry about the FD-we used to have a lot-mostly with my dad's SIL but we're over it now, thank goodness.

Gotta get my coffee:)

Klaudia, Rain here too. It sure beats the snow we had last spring break tho!:)
Everyone just loves you and wants to come to you!:D Shoot! Weren't we going to take a Barre class this week?! Bummer!

-
All mes enfants are awake - making breakfast. I think we'll need to go get grocs later.

Good Morning Everyone!

Today's workout was plyo legs followed by Hiit 30/30. I am retaining water big time (I think it is the heat and humidity and not drinking enough) but I don't feel bloated. I just know because it is hard to get my wedding rings off. The heat is supposed to break today so hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Anne, here's the recipe for the pasta - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ter-lettuce-leek-and-tomato-recipe/index.html
Love the new shoes but I would never wear them.
Clintonya, how was MMA boxing?
Nina, my glute was tight before we started driving and my pain is from sitting and not stretching. P57 is mainly strength but it is more cardio than the barre workouts. I will post a review when I get it.
Klaudia, I think you need to invite yourself over if you want to get out. I found that works wonders.
Kate, sorry about the FD but living in a different state doesn't help. You just get phone calls instead of visits.
Angie, sorry you are not feeling better. Take care and I hope you feel better.
Wendy, glad you could get some driving practice in yesterday. You can never practice parallel parking enough.
Katie, sorry you have to be at work while Collin and your mom are home. Hopefully, your mom will make a nice dinner for you.

Breakfast was eggs, ezekiel bread and orange juice. Not sure on the rest of the meals today since I didn't pack lunch and DH won't be home tonight.

Angie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Rest up and remember your work outs will be there when you've recovered.

Wendy, I got these recently http://shop.ryka.com/footwear.asp?product_id=117 and just love them. Rykas are my go-to, especially for step, kickbox and weights. Good job driving!

Becky, I hope jury duty ends early for you today.

Katie, of course you need new shoes, who doesn't? New shoes always make me happy. In fact, I have a birthday card from a friend that says, "The feeling of wearing new shoes while shopping for *more* new shoes. That's what I wish for you on your birthday." Ha! And that's what I did last night--I bought the new shoes while I was wearing the ones I just got a couple weeks ago. Super fun!

Kate, sorry for the FD, I hope things get resolved soon.

Klaudia, you're welcome at my house any time! :D Just say the word, sista.

Hi Colleen and Clintonya!

It took two hours to get my hair done last night, but now I have red highlights and I really like it. It looks great. However, whatever she used to wax my eyebrows burned my skin so I have two red blotches below my eyebrows. Lovely. And I thought they'd be gone this morning, but no luck. I think it's going to take several days for them to heal. Oh well. I get to work from home tomorrow and am just hanging out with a longtime friend this weekend, so no worries.

Have a good Thursday, everyone!

anne

NINA! Sorry! And, yes, I will come shop for you. Although Klaudia would probably do a better job. But say the word and give me a date and I'll be there. ;) We'd have such fun!

anne

colleen, yummy bfast! i miss 9grain toast!
sorry for the humidity! def not that here! we're drowning!:p flood watch last night
awesome wo!

anne, OOps on the brows! sounds painful!
LOL @ that card abt the shoes!

-
It just took me like an HOUR to assemble a grocery list - Did you know that I am Julia's personal jungle gym? And coupons are waaaay more fun when thrown around the room?!:p:p:p:D:D

Hi!

Angie, sorry you still aren’t feeling well. I agree, just rest. That way you will feel better sooner.

Wendy, hope the new shoes work out for you. Did the change the style from the old ones you had? That happened to me w/my ryka’s from probably about 6 years ago.

Becky, hope it is over soon!

Katie, hope you have a good day! Is work calmer for you now?

Kate, sorry, I know FD just creeps into your life and you just want to shut it out! Have a great day w/the girls! Don't forget to get something at the store:D

Klaudia, hope you can get your extra w/o in. I have been trying to do a short extra cardio in the evenings. We’ll see if it works :)

Colleen, I kwym, the heat has been doing to same thing to me – even in my face. Boxing was good, I love the w/o, but my knee doesn’t love it or any kickboxing/boxing lately :) Having a little twinge today, but nothing too bad :)

Anne, sorry about the eyebrows, does it sting at all? I am sure the color is fab – just what you need for the start of spring :)

Hi Lisa & Nina!

Like Colleen was saying, the heat is supposed to break today w/some bad thunderstorms. I am getting stuff done so that’s good, but the day is going too fast!

Clintonya

Clean eats except for getting attacked by some taco chips w/ lunch.:eek::mad: Must quit!!!

Clintonya, LOL! I'll try to not forget anything....but taking all the girls....anything goes!:eek::eek:
Enjoy those thunderstorms! We love em!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.