clean-and-tidy-weekend

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Well, my jeans are a bit tight this morning so I'm done with my post cruise splurge of food and Ryan has gained a bit too so we are back to "normal" eating. Going to the store and getting all good food today.

This morning was day 3 of my c25k and this afternoon will be max recovery.

It's a beautiful sunny day here and the girls just played outside for the first time in like a week so that's good.

Time for lunch and off to the store.

Have a great weekend!

Hey Clean-its

Angie buy all clean foods and you guys will be back to normal.

I fogot that I brought gs cookies from a lady at work. Well I had to bring those things home and I threw the choco mint ones in the freezer..under the meats. So far so good.

Yesterday at the celebration they had mini bagels,cake, donuts, pastries and fruit. I did good I only ate the mini bagel and banana. I did drink a lot of fruit juices :eek:.

Today's plans includes 4ds chest and back, plus cl stretch.
I need to get some laundry done and finish this week's bible study. My kids are spending the night with their cousins, so that I can come home and wax the floors, decorate for Easter.

b-egg whites with spinach
l- something over SIL house.
d-chicken wings baked, br rice and veggies
s-apple and PB

good morning angie. how nice to have a supportive husband!

it is a lovely day here. i had a great run to cap off my week at 55 miles! i also did ccc - i just love that wo. planning some yoga for later. also regular clean max and play time with kiddos. dh is off today but works tomorrow and travels next week:( yday ended up clean despite my desire to snack!! lets see how today goes. i am kicking pms to the curb

Angie, Get all the junk food out and you'll be zippin' those pants up w/ ease in no time!

Robin, Think mints frozen is when I CANT resist them!:D
Good job avoiding the cakey stuff! It's like crack to me!

Nina, I avoided the snack attack yday too! Thank goodness! I thought of you feeling the same way and it kept me on track!:D
Hope you have a good Saturday - enjoy your time before DH leaves again!:(

=

Woke up to Julia vs. Montezuma. Poor baby pooped thru EVERYTHING in her bed. Right after her bath she did it all again. Soooooo.....any plans we had to leave today are not happenin'! Don't want to mess with THAT in a grocery store bathroom!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I'm finally all better - I think/hope/pray! Will do a new Bar Method workout later.

Making breakfast for the fam - hold me accountable to NOT EAT the buttery sugary delicious muffins they begged me to make!!!!! I will eat my eggs & fruit and be a good C&T supporter!!!:D:D:D

Morning!

Going to my boxing class in a few minutes! I'm all kinds of sore from tri-sets and AS. Nothing else planned except a trip to the grocery store and house cleaning. Maybe I'll take the girls to the movies-Darrin's going up north today and again tomorrow. Eats were ok yesterday til I inhaled almost a whole sleeve of GS Lemon Creme Chalets:eek: And the day before I had 5 Tagalongs!:eek: I better bust my butt today!

Angie, my girls haven't played outside ALL winter! Good thing they dance a lot at home-at least it's some exercise!

Robin, I put my Thin Mints in the freezer too! But then I just dig them out! Enjoy your quiet day at home:)

Nina, great job-on the workout and the eats! Have fun with all your boys!

Kate, poor babe!:( I hope it goes fast for her. I wish I had your willpower!!

Hi to everyone else!! I'll bbl:)

kate, be careful with that fruit, you don't want a return of earlier issues! ikwym abtavoiding the "good stuff" we make for our fams. you can do it! me too!

robin, good going at the work party! sorry you had to go in for that bonus. its like what my husband calls "mandatory fun" in the military.

nina, nice mileage this week! sorry dh wil be traveling again. when does your friend from ME arrive?

angie, glad you and dh are on the same page about cleaning up your eating, that will help you get to goal in now time!!! Mines not so great so its a good thing I do the food shopping myself... and thankfully he eats whatever i make with a smile even if he would never ask for brown rice and tofu or roasted veg sandwiches on wheat!

Not going to the gym today. Classes are KB and power which i miss dearly but cant do... and I'm just not comfy on the machines just yet to go in on a really busy morning with ppl waiting for stuff. So since it will be high 40s and the snow has been melting away the last few days, a nice long walk with the stroller is the plan.

and tonight is swap night at a GFs house - we all bring clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, etc we havent worn for a while. whatevers left gets donated, so its de-cluttering too, yay! if you havent worn it in 2-3 yrs, ya know your not gonna!! her dh is a chef so i know the food will be good but not so sure about clean. im bringing a dessert, thinking of trying choco-flan, saw recipe on food network and the reviews are good. or brownies with ice cream and butterscotch sauce. we shall see.

Klaudia, WTg gettin' the LB sore - Boxing should make the UB match!
Sorry for the cookie binge - been there for sure!

Wendy, Your stroller walk sounds nice!
Brownies + IC + B'scotch = death of me! Is that smitten's B'scotch? I've been dreaming abt it since I made it! Hope you have fun tonight! Good luck w/ PC - you can do it!!!!!
LOL @ avoiding fruit! I prob should!:p

-
Avoided the muffins and the leftovers don't appeal to me.....too much!:p
Time for more laundry!!!! I should've been keeping track!!!

kate, yep, smittenkitchens butterscotch sauce, JUST MADE IT A SECOND AGO so I guess I should do the brownies, no reason to have that heavenly liquid just laying around my house! off for our walk soon.

A quick hello and goodbye--my flight leaves early afternoon, so I'm finishing up packing. I almost forgot my bathing suit! But it's in the suitcase now. I'm planning to be computer-free until next Sunday. Have a great week, everyone!

anne

Wendy, I CANNOT keep myself from dipping into that sauce! It is embarrassing how fast that stuff disappears here! Sooooo good on cheesecake!
We haven't had anyone approach us for cookies either! YAY!:D

I hope Anne has a fab time! I would Looooove a warm vacation right now! 2.5 months til Florida!

Getting so much done this morning! Feels good to feel good & I love being productive!

Anne enjoy your weekend.

Nina keep it to the curb. It suppose to get up to the mid 50s here today but now it's 28:eek: too cold for me.

Kate poor baby. I hate stomach bugs because you can bleach the whole house and everyone still gets it.

Klaudia thank God gs cookie season is only once a year. Kick butt with your workout.

Wendy that swag party sounds like a good idea.

So I change my mind and did HIIT 20/40 and cl. stretch. My shoulder is crying again...where is my drugs.

Back from boxing! This class is kicking my butt-jump rope w/u, 150 jumping jacks, push ups (think low end and holds), shoulder burn out with 3# weights, bodyweight squats and wall squats! Then we move onto the circuit work! And my trainer was teasing me about doing AS while we were sparring (he saw it on FB)! Feels good to be done! Now it's on to cleaning and watching basketball:)

Kate, it was ugly! I need to control myself! Butterscotch-yum! Glad you're feeling better:)

Wendy, your swap sounds so fun! My friends and I have way different taste and sizes to ever do that-except for accessories:) Brownies with ice cream are my downfall!

Anne, have a fabulous time! Takes lots of pictures!

Robin, I did! I may need some drugs today too-my wrist must not have been wrapped tight enough and I felt those punches-ow!

Robin, Sorry you're inpain! Nice WO tho!

Klaudia, Your class sounds super fun!

-
Clean eats & lotsa chores. When bebe goes nuh-night it will be Bar Method for me then some errands. I *heart* Saturdays!

what a great morning!! i got 90% of my house cleaned. we went to the river walk and had a great time. clean lunch done, and now i am finally sitting for a minute. i am tired! but feeling good. need to hit yoga soon.

klaudia, that class sounds so great. i want a blow by blow so i can try it at home!! do you use the heavy bag at all?

bye anne! safe travels.

wendy, hope the weekend goes well for you. what did you end up making? i will eat vicariously:p

kate, glad you are on the mend. i am glad you are having a good saturday.

robin, what brought the arm pain on again?

please send anti-choc vibes and snacking vibes. i don't want to do it!! bbiab

Hi Everyone!

Busy morning this morning. I left early to do some errands and get my car washed. I know it will get dirty again but it was just gross from all the salt. I didn't want to open my trunk. Then back home to workout (STS Disc 18 back & bis, then bodyrock tv abs), had a conference call between back and bi's. Shower, organizing, lunch, now bills then grocery list. I have another conference call at 2 and later we are going out to dinner with the in-laws. There is a little drama around this dinner since it is supposed to be for my birthday but we are not going to the restaurant I want to go to because MIL didn't think it was classy enough for dinner. I told DH I would bring a tablecloth and some flowers. Who really cares if the food is good?

Anne, have a wonderful trip.
Klaudia, way to rock on KB. Sorry about the gs cookie binge. I hope it doesn't happen to me when mine arrive this week.
Nina, great job getting so much done this morning.
Kate, LMAO about getting I yesterday. Sorry J is sick today. I hope she recovers quickly.
Robin, I have to admit I ordered gs cookies too. They were delayed because of the snow but should arrive this week.
Angie, that's great that you and Ryan will support each other in losing some weight.
Wendy, that swap idea is great! Have fun tonight.
Hi to everyone else!

Cleaning/lunch break:) Got invited to take the girls to Dave and Buster's tonight for dinner:)

Kate, have fun with Bar Method! Is J feeling better?

Colleen, busy is right! Isn't it the birthday girl's choice? I had the opposite problem for my b-day. I suggested a bunch of places and one girl picks a dive! I boycotted til I got my way!;)

Nina, the class is set up like this:

w/u with jump rope or calisthenics, 150 jumping jacks, (increasing by 50 every week-the last 50 with hand weights), push ups (varying tempos), shoulder work-overhead presses, pulsing presses with one db, then 2, bodyweight squats with low ends, wall squats, handstand against the wall, single legged squats, abs. Then we move on to circuits. He has stations set up: double ended bag, heavy bag, mitts, hanging bag, weighted hula hoop, medicine balls of all weights for slam-its, a rope you go under and lift a medicine ball overhead, pvc pipes for dips, decline push ups, a 12" step for leg press/step ups with dbs or a 50# weighted vest, volleyball blocks against a wall with a med ball, jump ropes, bands, and then a "ring" in the middle for sparring with him-he wears all the protective gear and we wear wraps and gloves. It's set up with a boxing timer: 2 minute rounds. You can pick the stations you want to go to. It's hard and a lot of fun!

klaudia, your class sounds FAB!! none of my friends are my size (even my pre-pregnancy size 10 is too big on all of them) but I have tons of jewelry, bags, unused lotions, etc. and I'm not giving away any clothes right now anyway... still waiting to fit into them again!

colleen, yuck that the in-laws have to dictate for YOUR b-day dinner =(

nina, glad you are having a great day! come clean my house! i will let you know what I end up making, pretty sure the brownies.

kate, enjoy your bar method! my friend that teaches pilates and yoga thinks burr is the best of the barre instructors on DVD... im curious what you think?

this is just a quickie from the library -- JJ is sleeping and I have finished most of my errands. just need to stop on the way home for sugar. I need to get to baking and also need to keep looknig for swap / clean-out-my-house stuff.

I could have sworn I posted this morning....???

Angie, could your cycle be affecting the fit of your jeans?
Wendy & Kate, butterscotch sauce? I don't care for it, but pass me a warm brownie with ice cream!
Klaudia, that class sounds fun!
Robin, awesome workout! My GS cookies arrived unexpectedly yesterday too:p
Colleen, that sounds just like my MIL to let me decide about my birthday dinner, then complain!
Nina, 55 miles is awesome!! Did you do your yoga?
Anne is having a fabulous time already I hope!

I worked out this morning and it felt awesome!! Back/bis/abs. Then I took Collin to the children's museum for a play date with his two best girlfriends from preschool. Not much else planned for the weekend, except grocery-max and hopefully church tomorrow (we haven't been in forever because of all this snow!).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.