:::::::::: cLEAN & tidy weekend ::::::::::

Thanks for the start Katie! Hope you're enjoying your WO - your little bit of *me* time before a busy weekend!

I need to go eat/make breakfast for the fam then I'm going to go do KPC/LG premix. Then I'm going to eat my larabar. I've been looking forward to this morning all week! Will do some CS today too.

After lunch we're going to the rodeo! We haven't been in a few years and we're all super excited. Tomorrow will be church/family day - yay! Gina has Mon. off of school - double yay!

b - kashi & milk
s - larabar
l - spag sauce w/ lean ground beef, veggies
s - ??? we'll be at the rodeo. I'll either take something or give in and get the cc cookie ice cream sandwich I've been dreaming about!:)
d - ???? maybe tortilla soup, maybe out to eat, we'll see

Hope everyone has a great Sat. AM!
Robin, Have fun w/ your party today!

PUB is done -- outer body experience is right! I could barely lift my coffee mug to my mouth when I was done.

B protein shake and Fiber One bar (I am newly in love with the pb ones!)
L apple slices, SBD wraps
S not sure....
D chicken pasta, steamed g-beans

I am REALLY craving some McDonald's ffries, but I know I need to resist!

QUESTION FOR KATE: I was searching on the internet this morning for little sand dollar cut outs, and I found a lady who makes them with her cricut machine. Can you do this on your machine? I remember DH got you got for maybe....Christmas?

QUESTION FOR SHIRL: I responded to your question over in the rotations forum. Can you give me some guidance on this?

QUESTION FOR STEPH: Re: my diet; I almost always do 3 days weights, 3 days cardio each week. I have increased my protein intake overall, but especially on lifting days. Should I be aiming to get the same amount of protein every day (regardless of the type of exercise), or should I increase overall, but increase even more on lifting days (example, cardio days = X grams of protein, lifting days = X+20 grams)???

Hi Katie,

Answer to your question - I think you should put S&H weeks 5-7 and Gym Styles the last 3 weeks. The reason is b/c you do not know how your mind and body are going to respond to S&H but you do for GS. You've had great results. So, do them the last 3 weeks before your wedding and you'll look AMAZING! HTH

Time to teach Turbo!!!! I'll try to check in later today!

Have a nice weekend everyoen! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Everyone!

Not sure what I am going to do today. I have some errands, grocery store, work and cleaning to do this weekend. I'll figure it out after I finish my workout.

w/o Slo-Mo Chest, Tris, Bis and 4DS LIS
b: kashi flakes
s: peanuts
l: leftover vegetarian chinese
s: tbd
d: crab legs at in-laws

Off to workout :)

Katie, I can't wait to do PUB again. Shirl has it scheduled for me soon. The pb bars are good, aren't they? There are some new caramel ones too that I want to try. Resist the fries!!!!
Re the cricut: If I had the right cartridge I could do them very easily. I only have 2 cartridges and that shape isn't on them. Not sure what that lady charges but .... the cartridges cost $90 regular price. If you watch sales you can get them for $50. You could buy it, ship it to me, and I could make them for you. I would also need the paper you want them to be on. (printed, plain card stock) Again, no idea what she charges, but if you want to provide me w/ the materials I would love to help.
Good protein Q for Steph - I've wondered that too.

Shirl, Hope TK is fun! You had SJP/LG premix #20 on for me today but I couldn't find anything listed like that. I must be a nerd. I did L&G as is to sub.

Colleen, Looks like you have a great day planned. Have fun at inlaws tonight! Your WO looks great! I'm itching to do that cardio now.. maybe later today.

Just finished L&G. I love this one. Eating my larabar...mmmmmm
Need to shower and get ready for heading out later. Paperwork too. (I can't WAIT for that to be over!)

See you all later

Kate,
I must have typed in the wrong combo - it was supposed to be KPC/L&G - the long one combining KPC and L&G for a challenging lower body circuit. It's 82 minutes... I think. It's listed in the catalog as #20. There are shorter premixes combining L&G and KPC that are good too. L&G is all by itself - glad you enjoyed your w/o.

Have a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl, THANKS! Your response makes total sense, that occurred to me too, I will take your advice!

Kate, $90 for a cartridge!?!? The lady on e-bay is charging 10 cents per sand dollar -- i'd rather pay her 10 cents than buy you a $90 cartridge, SORRY! Hahaha!!

Ahhhh, I feel wonderful. Got a little retail therapy this morning -- walked about Target for almost 3 hours! I also got a new Vera bag!!

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?colorid=58&sku=151:58

Now it's nap time!!

Hey ladies, I had a busy day today.

My morning w/o was Tracey Step Sweatfest and core.
Scoutmax was good and napmax was even better. My menu was crazy but clean.

Kate enjoy your rodeo.

Katie do you use heavy weights for PUB?

Off to do some cleanmax.

I stay close to what Cathe uses -- a bit less for chest (today I did 12/15/17/15/12) and biceps (I did 10/12/14/12/10), a bit heavier for back (pullovers 15/20/25/20/15) and triceps (overhead ext 15/20/25/20/15). Most other stuff I match her. It is really hard, when you are used to lifting as heavy as possible, to remember that that is not the goal here!

Shirl, You did type KPC/LG #20. Earlier I made a typo - too many acronyms for me!! Regardless, I wasn't sure which you meant. Enjoyed the WO anyway.

Katie - Go for the ebay! I wanted to offer in case she was gonna hose ya, but I'm glad you're getting a great price. What are you going to do with them? Sounds like you're having a good day!

Robin, Good day for you too!

The rodeo was fun. I took a Fib1 bar and ate a tiny bit of popcorn. MUCH better than the splurge I wanted. But I am still CRAVING a really bad cheat dessert. I knew I wouldn't enjoy it with Gina wanting it. I'd eat it too fast so she wouldn't get more than me!!! haha! I like my desserts in my bed under the covers at night...ooh, that could have a double meaning!!!

Dinner will be soup and fruit. Bed will be early. I'm exhausted today. Might squeeze in CS before bed sometime.

Sounds like a fun day, Kate! I might add the little cut outs to my wedding invites, not sure. What exactly do you mean about your dessert???

I have not eaten much today, and now it is really catching up with me. I am so hungry it hurts! Quick, get me some dinner!!

HEllo!!

Sorry for the late post, today has been crazy. DH and i had couples counselling across town, been out most of the day,and its been BAD!!!! cheatorama!

Kate, sounds like the rodeo was fun! We have the EX here every year, and they make these waffle ice cream sandwiches...sooo good!

Katie, question, i would keep your protein consistent everyday, it has a good effect on satiety. I always eat the same amount of protein (or try to) everyday.

Robin, Shirl, Colleen, Jenn, Lori, hello, be back in a bit hopefully to catch up.

workout, HIS/total upper body premix and core
menu!
Badness...i did eat my oatmeal though :)
and malt balls, and carob covered raisins, and organic ice cream (rice based), and a baked yam with salsa (Kate, for you!), and some veg soup and raw carrots...good except for the damn cheats!
Steph

Steph, thanks!! How much protein should I aim for each day? I weigh about 135-136 pounds, and lift heavy.

Shirl, another question about my 12 week rotation... On weeks 1-3 when I am using the 4DS DVDs, I think I am actually going to split them up like S & H and do Legs and Shoulders on the same day. Would that be okay? Also, should I add Muscle Max each week while doing 4DS, or leave it out like another poster suggested? And during weeks 4 and 8, should I do PUB twice or maybe PUB / PLB / MM ?? What do you think? I am going to include at least on interval cardio each week, and probably two steady state cardios -- is this too much? I usually do about 45 minute cardio sessions.

Whew, okay, that's enough for me tonight. *See* you in the morning!

Good Morning,

Katie, I think you should do MM with PUB/PLB or do the PUB/PLB combo. I also feel 2 intervals and 1 steady state cardio(1st choice) or 1 interval and 2 ss cardio per week would be fine.

Steph, I have cheated terrible the last 3 days. EA(emotional eater) UGH! Stressful stuff going on in my life; I need to find another outlet. I'm going to write in a journal starting today. Hope today is better for you.

Kate, A rodeo sounds like so much fun! Hope you're feeling well. :)

Robin, How are you doing? Any plans for today?

Colleen, It sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. You had to go to work? I hope it wasn't for too long.

Lori, ^5 for the 12 mile run!!! Keep it up girl! You're doing great!

Jenn, Don't fret about the workouts. Pick up where you left off and don't look back. As Tony Horton says Do your best and forget the rest!

Speaking of Tony; I've decided to not continue for another 6 weeks with P90X+. I love P90X+, but my body needs something else now. I have to design a rotation for myself today. My goal is fat loss and definition. I've gained a few pounds back that I lost.:( I may go back to the rotation I was doing when I lost those pounds. I'm not overweight, I just want to look the best I can look. Getting rid of these last few pounds will help. Also, the biggie...clean eating. I know I will do it! I'm a believer not a doubter!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Katie, Your WOs sound great!!

Steph, Good to see ya! How is the counseling going? Sorry about the cheats.

If its any consolation I wanted brownies last night SO BAD so I made an incredibly unclean version and put a big scoop of chocolate ice cream on the warm brownie. It was so gooey and wonderful!

Shirl, You'll get refreshed at church this morning. It'll put things in perspective for you. Good luck w/ the journal - I've never tried that. Is it one of Cathe's rotations you follow now or a Shirl-made?

Shirl had MM UP & abs on for me today. I love this one so I'll be super motivated to do it. Hopefully after lunch. Hopefully CS too. Didn't do it last night - browniemax instead!

b - wheat chex, banana, 1/2 piece of toast
s - won't happen
l - ??? prob, gr. chic. salad
s - hopefully larabar post MM
d - ?? soup

Be back this afternoon. Have a great Sunday AM!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.