////////// cLEAN & tidy weekend \\\\\\\\\\

Good morning, ladies! My back is really sore this morning, maybe from all the cleaning, decorating, etc....? I didn't lift anything heavy, wonder what I could have done. Oh well, a few Advil will take care of it!

This morning I will attempt my first workout with this big ole tree in the middle of my workout space. When Chris put it up last night and I saw how big it was, I almost started to cry! It's a really big tree, in a really small living room!

This morning, I am doing Low Impact Circuit (whole thing), followed by a shower and shopping! Then we will head to Chris's for the rest of the weekend, hopefully I can get a good nap in today!

Food is a big ?, will report back later.

Good Morning Katie and all who follow,

Katie, Yeah, the tree is up! I love the holidays! I hope your workout goes well! LIC is such a fun workout! It sounds like you have a busy day. Have fun shopping!

Kate, Did you have a good time last night? I love to get dressed up. How about you? We have a formal Christmas party in 2 weeks. Was the food delicious and how was the Orchestra?

Robin, Please tell us more about this nice guy. Any plans for this weekend?

Colleen, Thanks for the recipe link. I can't recall the hop kick move in ASC2. I find that sometimes I am thinking too much and I just have to let it flow. Oh, I also count the 8 counts and that helps me too.

Steph, How was your workout? What core work did you decide to do? Are you getting a new style today or a trim? I recently had my hair cut to a fun bob style. Have fun tonight with your friends!

Lori, Sounds like you have a busy, curious little guy. I hope work went well last night. Do you work all night or an evening shift? Did you bring a snack to avoid the sweets?

I haven't thought about my menu today. I have already eaten a banana and my preworkout protein shake; I love Jay Robb's protein.

My workout is Amy's dome section of Hi/Lo Dome, Tracey's total body from HISM2 and her total body from her Parts DVD, in that order. They're short segments, so the workout should be a little over an hour.

I'll be back after my workout!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning Katie, Shirl and the rest of the tidy ladies.

Shirl I'll call him today to see what's up and I'll let you know all about it.

Kate how was it?
Shirl Amy dome w/o looks like fun. I may have to wait until next year to get that one. I need a dome...is it easy on your knees.

We are making holiday wreaths at Girl Scouts and gingerbread men cut outs (with google eyes). It should be fun. Maybe we should have hot chocolate too?

I still have to do inventory of what I already brought for my DS and DD. This year I'm going to make a print out of how much everything costs because they always fight about who got more gifts. My DD gifts are always more expensive.

My w/o Amy Step II premix2

Menu???

chat later

Workout was fun, alot of core work. It felt good, relatively easy. I used an 8lb. med ball in place of bag and 8lb. db for Amy's dome work, needed to use 10lb db's.(Amy uses a 7.5lb woody bag & 8lb db's) I used 8lbs for Tracey's workouts and should have used 10lb db's too (Tracey & crew use 5lb db's)- next time. ;)

Robin, Hot chocolate sounds like a good idea. Yes, I think the bosu is easy on the knees. Some people do not think it is though. There is more 'give' with the bosu. You can substitute the step for the dome section. Jodi or JLo as Amy calls her uses a step. I love to use my bosu instead of my step for a few of Cathe's step workouts. I hope the phone call goes well.:)

It's time for breakfast - 1 egg, 3 egg whites and salsa - yum! I'm still not sure about the rest of the day. I plan on having a larabar after I teach my TK class today.

Have a great day everyone!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Cathcin' up from yesterday afternoon and this morning. I got to sleep in until 8:00!!!! That has hasppenend in....I can't remember when. I suppose before Gina was born!

Katie- Glad you got your tree up. How does it fit w/ LIC? Hopefully you didn't knock it over! Hope the Advil is kicking in for you. Back pain is no fun.

Shirl- I've never used a Bosu, but it looks like fun. Doesn't it make you feel awesome to use more weight than the instructor?!

Robin!!! Details about this handsome new guy!!! Your time with your G.Scouts sounds like fun. The answer to hot chocolate is always YES!!! The recipe on the Hershey's cocoa box is really good...oops! You didn't hear that from me! Good idea on the spreadsheet. I know I've already bought WAY too much for DDs. I'll definetly be holding some over for b'days.

Well, last night was great AND I didn't go crazy on eating!! We didn't have much time at the party. I ate my much-anticipated shrimp and soem pineapple. The deserts were open but since dinner hadn't been served no one was eating them yet. I would've felt like a moron going up there so I didn't. It was so pretty and I wanted to stay so bad!! There were about 300 people there, and I LOVE to people watch. We don't drink and it is so funny to watch all of those guys get drunker and drunker. The orchestra was amazing too...tho a little long. It was 3 hours!!!! It didn't get over until after 11 and I was so tired! The lights were so cool, but after 3 hours I was pretty much blinded, and 1/2 deaf too. Complaints aside, it was pretty cool - I would go again (I think). Our newspaper described it as a DefLepard / VanHalen reunion..they were right. The electric guitars and drums and keyboards...electric violin...so cool.

Today is a HUGE ? ! We have my nephews 2nd b'day party in about an hour. SIL is a horrible cook so it will be easy to keep clean. Her cake is canned frosting no doubt so easy resisting there too. Not sure on dinner. Breakfast will be Kashi and a banana. I haven't had my Kashi in weeks..I miss it, but I suppose it's good to change it up a little. Workout will be DrillMax cardio blast timesaver, per Cathe's Dec. rotation...it was just what I wanted, so very happy about that.

Have a great Saturday morning. And Robin! Guy details please!!!

Good Morning Gang!:)

Im just getting up, enjoying my coffee and doing my check ins! All of this of course while DS keeps comming over and I have to put the lap top on my shoulder and type with one hand so he doesn't get it! And I can't beleive my coffee is gone already! DH went out for breakfast at 9 and I told him I would be awake by 11 and asked if he could bring me home a lg coffee...and its all gone! I feel like I need more!!!!!!

Yesterdays workout ended up being KM and DS woke before I was even finished! Thats all I did but Im tell'in ya my UB is so sore from it! KB'ing is a great over all workout!

I have to work again tonight. Its to bad I couldn't be home putting the tree up but thats all I can do about that. I get off MOn morning and then back Wed morning so I don't know if I will have enough time to get things up. I don't want to spend my two days off putting up decorations! I may have to leave it until the weekend cause I will be off from Fri-Mon night...nice long break.
Tonight the santa parade is taking place. I already told them that I would be late comming in to work but its awfully windy out there! Im not so sure we will take DS in this wind. Hopefully it will die down before then.

Katie** Good job on the workout! I hate having things in my way when I workout. We just built a new house a yr ago and in my old house I had a workout room but in this house...NOTHING! Soooo, I told DH I was gonna have to work out in the rec room , he didn't care at the time but now he lets me workout in "his" room! LOL The place where he goes to listen to his music and veg, anway...the flooring is really slippery down there for some reason and I find it really hard to do leg work b/c my legs keep slipping out from in under me! Its a gradual thing, not dangerous ,just irritating!

Robin** If you don't mind my asking, how much do you normal spend on the kids? I usually spend way to much but b/c I am behind this yr, I have only spent about $250 on DD and $150 on DS. He of course doesn't know the difference and I can get alot of things for him at that price. Not to mention that his b-day is on Jan 4th! More gifts! Right now DD is into clothes so I can get a fair bit for her as well b/c she is into a ladies size 0 and they are usually the sizes on sale:+

Shirl** I didn't need to bring anything last night b/c I wasn't hungry but my MIL asked me to bag some candy for her. I think I ate 5 chocolate covered jube jubes! They are to die for!!!!!

Kate** Your following Dec rotation? I haven't even looked at it, I should take a glance! Good job with the eating last night! And good luck today!

Im not sure what is on the menu today. Its kind of hard when I work night shifts b/c I don't get off until 8 in the morning and then I sleep till noon, so I don't get to many meals in!

Have a good day everyone! Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Lori:)

Back again:) Done my workout and ready to eat. I did a 3.3 mile run, Imax 3 and MM abs.
Now I am going to have * 1 boiled egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 WW bagel and some light cream cheese. That should tie me over for a while:)
Lori:)

Hi Everyone!

I am a little late posting today. I had to get up early to get my car serviced, then errands, w/o, lunch, etc.

Katie - how did your w/o go with the tree? Did you have enough space?
Kate - good job at the party. I am glad you enjoyed yourself last night and slept in
Shirl - sounds like a good workout today. I never thought of combining those.
Robin - let us know about your new guy. Good job keeping track of expenses. My sister still claims my Mom spends more on me than her. She forgets that she wants everything before Christmas.
Lori - wow a great workout! I would be exhausted after all that.

w/o was 4DS Bootcamp & Tracey's SUB
b: oatmeal
l: lentil soup, sweet potato fries

rest of the meal are tbd. Not sure if we are going to a holiday party tonight otherwise we will have to go to dinner. We have no food.

Colleen

Hey ladies

Lori you have to take a picture of your DS trying to get to your computer. LOL too funny. Great w/o today and usually my budget is 200 per child. HA I never stick to it because I start early and they are older now (11 and 13). I remember when I could shop for them in k-mart.

Colleen I had my car serviced also. Between the tire, oil, and inspection the bill came to $70 !:-( Oh well I had to get it done.

How do I put my christmas pictures on so that you girls can see my decorations.

I'm going to try photobucket.

Lori - Your DS sounds like a wild little guy! Too cute! Good workouts for you.

Colleen - Have fun at the party tonight if you go. Don't you love BC?! The last drill KILLS me but somehow I'm learning to love pushups.

Robin - I tried photobucket and I could get them on their site but I still can't figure out how to get them from photobucket to HERE! Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I'll just give you guys my password and you can go look them up..... I hate paying for car service stuff. Our oil change place is really nice and there's popcorn. DDs want us to go weekly!

Did okay at the party. Filled up on lots of fruit, had a few bites of cheese pizza, and a frosted cookie from my favorite bakery. It was so good! But I passed up on cake. High 5 to me!! Dinner will be tidy - fam wants lasagna. I'll have a small piece w/ a big salad.
I'm excited to do DrillMax tonight!

See you!

Hi Everyone!

My oldest DS and I had such a great day today. He does the TK with me - he loves it! He's my counter - keeps me in line! Well, we went to lunch, his choice - subs from a local Italian family store - not clean, but tidy. He did some shopping for his sister, brother, grandmother and aunt. We also bought some homemade ketttlecorn at a craft show. Well, I have eaten too much of it. I need to stop!

Katie, It sounds like you had a great time last night. It feels pretty good to be almost back to where I was before my surgery (almost 2 years ago). It's been a long road to recovery. There are certain exercise I will have always have to modify. I usually lift heavier or match the weight of the instructor. I figure they can lift a lot heavier than they are for filming. I'm sure they're still feeling a burn, etc, but I think they lift a weight they can use with excellent to great form for all reps.

Robin, I went way over my budget this year. I need to make some returns before DH realizes. I wish I could help you with the photos, I'd love to see your decorations.

Lori, Great workouts yesterday and today!

Colleen, I liked the combo for a lighter weight core focused workout. It hit the spot. Do you make your own sweet potato fries?

I better get back to cleanmax!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl - Have fun cleanmaxing.... mmmm..kettlecorn..
Nice to have 1 on 1 w/ a kid, huh? My girls love this.

Hey ladies, it's been a nice day today. LIC went fine with the tree in the living room. It definitely took some adjusting, I'm just going to stick with workouts that I know well so I can anticipate problems coming, kwim?

After the workout (about 75 minutes), I showered and then Chris, Collin, and I went shopping at Target at Kohl's. I got some much needed new bras -- since doing the 4DS rotation, my (*TMI ALERT*) 34DD bras are a little big. I got some 34Ds that make me look nice and perky! We also bought fleece sheets for the bed! They are in the wash right now, I will let you know tomorrow how they feel to sleep on.

Oh, by the way, my HUGE new tv is still securely attached to the wall and looks beautiful!:D

On the topic of Christmas and kids, we have spent A LOT on Christmas for Collin this year. It is the first year that he really *gets it* (he's 2 1/2), so we are really going all out. His big gift is a Power Wheels Ultimate Terrain Traction Jeep Hurricane, which cost $350. We have opened this up to family who want to make "donations" to this gift, but we will pay for most of it.

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/powerwheels/product.asp?id=38053

Collin is also getting a few trucks and other toys, books, pajamas, clothes, underwear (we are potty training), DVDs, Diego bookbag, and money for his college fund. I am going to estimate that we are spending ---GASP--- about $500-550. Geez.... Of course, some of this is from Santa and some is from Mommy and Chris (Collin actually calls him "Bish").

Well we are off to the book fair for the afternoon -- this great place where you can buy publisher overruns for about 80% off. Then mexican food for dinner!

Check back later!!

Robin - WOW! You get decked out, don't you?! Good for you! Your tree is so pretty. My girls are wanting to get our stuff out, but for some reason I'm resisting. I guess it's because our house is realtively free of knick knacks and I get clausterphobic with all the extra stuff out. Yesterday I told them we could after the cleaning lady came. Well, she came and the stuff is still in the basement. soon.... I do like it out, but we've just been so busy it seems like a hassle right now. Your GScouts are too cute! There is no troop leader for kindergarten in our area. I was thinking about offering, but I don't know how I would have the time. How much time/effort do you put into it?

Dinner was tidy, workout was great (Drill Max cardio blast). Isabel joined me for the forward bounding!

I will not eat any of DH's ice cream tonight....

OOOOH! I almost forgot!! Since I'm following the December rotation it simply wouldn't do to not have all of the DVD's right?!?? So I ordered:
PushPull / Supersets
Cardio Kicks / Circuit Max
High Step Training

The good news is I got free shipping! :p Dh will never know!!!!!

He can'r believe I don't have all of them already. This brings mt count to 45. How bad is YOUR addiction?

Holy cow, Kate -- 45?!?! Chris would KILL ME! Not really...

I think I have about 12 or so, but I have only been a Catheite (sp?) for about 9 months.

Robin, your tree and decorations are wonderful! Maybe next year when I am in a bigger house I can do more decorating.

My back is reeaalllly hurting tonight, and now I have cramps too! (By the way, Kate, I also have the super CRAPS! I know you wanted to know that! I couldn't resist, though, YOU DESERVE THAT!)

I feel like I will probably be sitting on the couch for the remainder of the evening...

Katie - The couch sounds like a nice place to be. I keep thinking we need a new one, but we never even have enough time to sit in it, so I guess I'll save the money.

TMI ALERT: Regarding the cramps/CRAPS....Do you find that you get cramps really bad, and as soon as you get the craps and the craps stop, the cramps stop too? It's that way for me and my youngest sister.

Here is my tried and true trick for getting rid of cramps. Put a heating pad at your FEET. A chiro told me this and I thought she was nuts.....til I tried it. 20 minutes, lay in bed and take a quick nap, and they are GONE. Promise.

Well, I didn't eat ice cream but I practically inhaled another frosted sugar cookie. At least they're gone now!! Now my belly is full of sugar and there is no way I'll be eating ice cream...way too sick. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Hello cLean and tidy friends!!
I can sneak in for a minute, busy day. My big haircut/dinner out combo. Just got in.
i wont recount my menu though :(

Did someone say kettlecorn...

Write more tomorrow, have a wonderful night everyone,
Steph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.