+++++ clean & tidy wednesday +++++

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday!!

Workout today was SH Chest & Back, planks tonight.

Menu:

b cereal
s apple, almonds
l sandwich, pickle?
s crackers, cheese, s'berries
d crock pot chicken, broc, corn

Have a good one!!

katie, how'd the push ups go?!:) did collin have a better time at tumbling last night? hope your work day is a good, fast one!

nursing julia, ordering girls around....
ate some shr. wheat..... will eat an apple in a bit
GOTTA WORKPUT TODAY and pull this belly in! it is SCARY!!!!!:eek:
hopefully while isabel is at pre-k i can do 30 min cardio and some core.....

bbl........

Morning ladies.
Katie how was the S&H?
Kate you are starting to sound like your old self. How are you feeling?

My w/o today k-bell 20min and CS.

b-grapenuts
l-left over taco
d-??

Morning, everyone! No official work out yesterday, but I did go to tap class, which was really fun. Eats were pretty clean, too. We'll see about today.

Katie, did you have a good day off yesterday?
Kate, go easy on yourself! How is that new baby?
Klaudia, good news about the parent/teacher conference. If they behave at school, that's great, right? And congrats on your anniversary--that's awesome!
Robin, how was your workout? All the talk about kettlebells makes me interested in them.

Hi to everyone I missed. I need to get some work done today instead of just playing on my new computer. ;-)

anne

Morning!

I posted late last night if anyone's interested:) Today is a hangin' around the house day-cleaning, cooking, etc. Workout will be legs, pull ups/chin ups, and abs.

Katie, what's your crockpot chicken recipe today? I need dinner ideas.

Kate, your morning sounds like mine. I feel like a drill sargeant at times!

Robin, have a great workout!

b-cereal w/fruit
s-?
l-soup
s-?
d-?

BBL...

Morning everyone,

Well, I had thoughts of going to the gym this morning for a 9 a.m. step class but it's 8 and I'm just too tired and don't feel well. Plus, I haven't heard back from the membership people as to when/if I can get a temporary pass. Maybe we'll go tomorrow...

Eating has been OK (not eating out which is a great improvement!) but not spectacular. I get bored here and my parents have so much snack food/junk! Oh well, I guess Dec. 1 will be my day back in action, and more likely, Jan 1. :)

Katie, I've never done the "full" S&H workouts - just the Fit TV. How are they? You do them a lot. I guess I remember them just being solid workouts! Hope you're having a good day at work! Did you have a nice day off?

Kate, I hear you on the ordering kids around. Sometimes I feel like it's all I do. Especially with Ellie. She is CONSTANTLY climbing on things (this is my child that broker her collar bone and tooth in a matter of months). She about gives me a heart attack.

Anne, new computers can be so time consuming. They're so fun though. I'm jealous of tap dance! Sounds so fun!

Klaudia, have you given up on a complete rotation of the X? Every time I look at your WO it seems you are creating something similar with Cathe. Did you order STS?

Robin, how do you like kettle bell workouts? I've never done one. I'd be interested though. Always looking for new things...

I'm planning to stick around the house today too. I'm having lasagna for breakfast. Is that okay? :)

angie

klaudia, happy anniversary!!! Our 10th will be in July. I'm sure you and Darrin can find *some way* to celebrate at home!;):D Poor Mike is dyin' to celebrate ANYTHING!:eek: hahahaha!!! one of these days.....:p ^5 to Danica! and YOU for resisiting donuts! Carbs are so hard to resist for me. Hence, the banana bread I inhaled this morning....:mad:

Anne, new computer!!! That's another thing on my wish list but I want the ellip. more. Glad you had fun at tap. How's all the fam doing with FIL's passing?

Robin, Good WO!!! Ooh, I miss CS! Gotta wait til I can spread my legs again!:D couple more weeks... Thanks for asking, I am feeling pretty good. I love just staying home! Never ever thought I'd say that! We're always on the go but its been so nice to just burrow in the house to snuggle Julia.

Angie, Isabel is my maniac kid. We've only been to the ER once but I'm sure we'll end up there again some time with her!:confused: I tend to want to eat if I'm bored too....gr! Lasagna is so good! I use lean beef and ff ricotta so I don't feel too bad eating it. Wish I could use ww pasta but DH totally freaks out about ww anything. "eeeeew! It's healthy!!!":rolleyes::p

Wellll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
my Julia is a month old today! Hard to believe. It's gone so fast. oh, I gotta go hug her! She's conked out. FIL took Isabel to pre-k so I GOT TO WO FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!! `Bout time, huh?! I did 4DS KB. Had to modify some....the side kicks were pretty low so I didn't stretch out anything that I'm not supposed to yet. Man, has my cardio capacity gone DOWNHILL!!! But it felt SO GREAT to get sweaty again!

I'll have to pick up Isabel...which means taking Julia out. oh, do I hate that! that baby DETESTS riding in the truck.. All my girls have. How do parents get the kids who like to ride in cars?!?!?! I'm 0 for 3!

Better get busy.... lots to do! bbl....

Hurray! Hurray! MIL just offered to pick up Isabel!!! I don't have to go out today! woooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo!

can't decide what to have for lunch OR make for dinner! We are dangerously low on fresh produce and for reasons I don't care to discuss on a public forum I HAVE to have produce and whole grains right now. Mike is goign to Meijer tonight for me but can't go until after kids go to bed. Maybe I'll make scrambled eggs and use up the last of the green pepper and onion to throw some veggies in. But that's not enough....

Help me out here.... milk. Does it constipate or make you go? I've heard both and not sure which it does. Where's our Steph??? We need you back woman! For whatever reason a glass of milk sounds great but I'm scared it will "bind" things up.:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Kate, no milk! Definitely go with some granola or high fiber item. Even kashi would help but when Annabel was constipated they said no milk. Do you have any metamucil around the house? That worked wonders here! That's the worst though! I know! Good luck!

I've been messing around with Cathe's nutrition manager. Anyone using it? Looks pretty interesting. I can't wait to get back into it. I was reading on the ask cathe thread about muscle definition only being possible with super clean eating. Why is that only true now that I'm almost 30???

OK... enough time wasted on computer today...

Hi everyone!

Another busy Wednesday. Meetings, crisises and everything else.

Kate, glad you got your workout in this morning. It always feels good to get sweaty.
Katie, how do you make your crockpot chicken?
Robin, how do you like your kettlebells? I am thinking of trying them after STS.
Angie, I haven't had lasanga in a long time. Hope it was good.
Klaudia, Happy Anniversary! Hope you get some quality time with Darrin tonight.
Anne, congrats on the computer.

w/o was Kickmax
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: coffee cake
l: taco salad
s: strawberries w/ yogurt, chopped veggies
d: turkey meatloaf patties, potatoes, broccoli

angie, thankfully im not constipated so ill pass on the m'mucil for now...but if the problem im having gets worse ill be sending mike to the store for sure! never used the NMgr, but curious about it. i used thedailyplate before and liked that. should do it again....

colleen, sending vibes for a crisis-free afternoon!

------
ended up eating 1/2 of a turkey sandwich, carrots, raisins, and a few almonds. pm snack will be grapes & triscuits. not sure on dinner yet...maybe a bunless, cheeseless, cheeseburger!:confused::p

hi everyone - late checkin for me but i am finally sitting, foot up. just ate some popcorn -mmmm.

katie, how long were you non weight bearing after fracturing your foot?

kate, yeah for not leaving the house and working out!! your cardio capacity will be back so fast, and it does feel so good to sweat. i have not sweated in 10 days now. it is crazy (swimming does not make me sweaty). hope your insides feel better soon.

angie, how long are you with your parents? i hate having good snack food around:(

robin, how long have you done kettlebells? i am interested in trying them but saving for an elliptical for now.

klaudia, have you cooked anything special today? i always need new recipes.

today i did squeeze lower body parts and abs, and i swam for an hour. i hate the smell and feel of chlorine, but i am glad i went. i am counting down until my recheck on the 20th, just hoping i get cleared for walking or elliptical.... crutches are a drag with my little ones (28monthe old and 5 month old), but thankfully i have help for the next 2 weeks. eats are clean so far:
b - egg white and salsa
s - fiber one and frit and string cheese
l - cottage cheese, brocolli, yougart, bananna
s - popcorn 94%ff

dinner will be with friends, but i will keep it clean. now if this choclate craving would go away before i reach for the dove minis....

Morris, I love egg whites and salsa. Tho I usually end up with more salsa than egg! I love salsa! Esp. good homemade kind. Store-bought is too high in sodium to have too much of it. Good fo ryou for getting WO's in despite being laid up! You're an inspiration! How are the kiddos today? Glad you have some help!

I caved and had a small brownie! It was in the freezer and I ate it frozen. Tasted like rich chocolate ice cream! It was super good, but definetly not what I need right now!

hope everyone is doing well....

So far, so good today. I got my workout done and have eaten pretty good-except for a handful of m&m's I had while reading a post about clean eating and muscle growth:0 I promptly put the rest of them away. Had cottage cheese and pineapple for my midmorning snack and Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of all bran and honey. I LOVE Greek yogurt:) It's easy to eat clean when there's food in the house. Now for dinner I'm at a loss. I'm thinking a veggie frittata for us. The kids might be getting grilled cheese. I can't wait til they eat more like us.

Kate, I hope you're feeling a bit better;) Have you tried vita tops? Chocolate muffin tops with fiber & protein. Add a dollop of whipped cream=delish and better for you. Or the No Pudge brownies you make with yogurt-yum.

Anne, we were posting at the same time this morning. Thanks for the well wishes.

Colleen, our anniversary is the 15th-the first day of deer hunting season here! Fortunately DH isn't a hunter. Hopefully we'll go out to dinner at least:)

Morris, I'm always at a loss for recipes. I wish I were a better planner. I procratinate too much! Have you tried the Fiber One granola bars? They're awesome. Even my girls like them.

Angie, I gave up on P90X. It just gets so monotonous. I am still incorporating the pull ups/chin ups. I've been doing 1 day of upper body, 1 day of lower body, and 1 total body day combined with 3 days of cardio-the couch25k training plan. I put the pulls/chins with my leg workout. I love them! They have totally made my back my favorite body part. Now if only my abs would cooperate! Sigh.

Wow, could I be more long winded? Geesh!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.