(((( :: clean & tidy wednesday :: ))))

It's gonna be a rainy Wednesday here in Virginia -- 100% chance of rain all day. That's okay, we really need it. I have a busy day on tap at work, and I need to run to the grocery on my lunch hour to pick up some fresh produce.

Workout today is GS chest and tris -- last week when I did this, my tris were SO sore, but my chest was not sore AT ALL -- even after all of those push ups -- ??? So I am going to up the weight and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Menu today --

b cereal
s Kashi bar, watermelon
l leftover chicken, salad
s s'berries, yogurt
d ravioli? and green beans??

Where is everyone??

Workout was ok -- I struggled. I did up the weights, and I managed a few more push ups from my toes, but suffered elsewhere. I was waaaayyy tired to begin with, so I did as well as could be expected I think.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning clean peeps!

Katie, good job on the weights, do you eat before you lift? That might help if you're trying to go heavier. I cant eat before i workout, so i had to change my workout time to afternoons. Good job yesterday with lunch by the way :)

Jenn, i cant wait to hear about Rumble! i watched the clips yesterday.

Kate, i read your post from yesterday. With three little ones, Mike is going to have to help! No question about it. Or, you need a nanny :) Hope you're feeling good today.

Hi to Emily, Robin, Shirl, Angie, Colleen and everyone else.

Last night i managed PUB/Bar, my lower back is very sore. My new videos arrived, i ordered some strange ones...SWAT, is one, previewed it, its tough. I am going to try it tonight, but not sure how much i can do, i will take it easy

Menu:
B: oats/egg whites
s: cc/pp/almonds
l: corn soup, celery, hummus,apple
s: cc/flax/goji's/PB
d: egg white om, tons of veggies, strawberries and yogurt
BBL
Steph

Morning!

Katie, We've had similiar workouts lately. What coremax did you do last night? Sorry you're feeling so tired today.

I'm doing GS today too but I do all the upper body - I do the Chest & Tris premix adding in the rest of the push-ups, Back & Bis premix (adding a few pull-ups)and then do all the shoulder work. The workout flies by. My current rotation goes something like this: kettlebell workout, cardio & core, upper body & cardio, lower body, core & cardio, rest(stretch or yoga), kettlebell & short cardio. Sometimes I may take an extra rest day if my body needs it and make it an 8 or 9 day rotation. I'm also breaking the workout into am and pm workouts. I'm seeing nice results doing it this way.

So, Jenn, Robin or Colleen have you had a chance to do Rumble?

My eating was not so stellar yesterday - pms. I have a plan of attack for today. I have extra fruits and veggies ready- take that pms cravings! ;)

Hello to everyone and have a great day!

Hi Steph, I missed you - I got side tracked while posting. I've heard some good things about SWAT. Which one did you get? Hope your low back feels better soon.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am feeling tired again today so I did not workout this morning. I might try tonight if I have the energy. Today is meeting Wednesday and I am booked from 9-12 and then from 1-5. Hopefully I can get out on time today.

Katie, I sometimes have a light snack if I am going to lift heavy which helps.
Kate, you definitely need help for the first couple of months. If Mike can't help you maybe get a nanny for a couple hours in the morning?
Shirl, I haven't tried Rumble yet. I am planning on doing it Friday.
Steph, let us know how SWAT is. I have been looking it, although I really don't need any more DVD's.

Have a great day everyone!

Katie, Looks like another day of clean-eating for you! ^5! I would love to follow a rotation....:( Soon!:D Have fun shopping! I went late last night.

Steph, Enjoy your new WOs but don't push it!

Shirl, Good luck with the eats today! Any new clients lately?

Colleen, Meeting day huh? Blech!

Mike and I had a good long talk last night about post-partum help. I think we have a plan worked out.... a little. I really do not want a nanny. I don't want a strange lady coming in at such a personal time. I *think* I've got that explained well to him, but I have a feeling he's going to need a reminder!;)

b - shredded wheat, grapes
l - eggs, blueberry scone (homemade, new recipe), apple slices
d - taco salad
Not sure on snacks and no workout today. I am really tired. Actually, tho, come to think of it, I have my new Cathe stab. ball... I'm dying to do my PreggiBellies WO with it. .....Maybe 20 min. of cardio???????? :eek:

Mornin' girls! I'm still feeling antisocial, but AF is due today and I expect that will help immensely. Oh, I'll have wicked cramps, but at least I can take a pill for that. I looooove hormones. NOT! :p

Katie, could you send some of that rain over here? We could really use it. The last couple weeks have been kind of dry. At least it hasn't been really hot, but still, rain would be nice.

Steph, what new videos did you order? It's always fun to get new vids in the mail. :)

Shirl, I'm totally with you on the PMS cravings. Someone keep the cookies away from me, because I'll eat them all. I really will. :cool:

Colleen, what's Rumble? I'm intrigued....

Kate, I'm glad you and Mike had a good talk about post-partum stuff. You're going to need help, for sure. And I totally understand about not wanting a nanny - I don't think I'd want one either. Unless it was my cousin, Kim, who's been a nanny for 20 years and a darn good one at that... but I digress. ;) I'm LOL at your suggestion from yesterday that I cure my PMS by joining the Preggos check-in. ;) Believe me, I'm trying. It just wasn't meant to be this month.

Workout this morning was 4DS Back, Chest, Legs and Core.

B - protein shake (made with rice milk) and Fiber One bar
S - baby carrots and string cheese
L - veggie bologna sandwich, reduced fat Pringles and grapes
S - Powerbar
D - tbd (it's veggie box day, so I'll wait to see what's in it this week)

Oh, one of you asked yesterday how the veggie bologna tastes? I can't remember who... it's really good! I actually prefer the veggie ham a little more, but they're both very good. They're both by LightLife Veggie Slices. :)

Emily, I always had WICKED cramps before my first pregnancy. They were much less severe afterwards. A good non-pill trick for cramps (when you're not at work!) is to turn on a heating pad and wrap your feet up in it. Lay down for 20 min. with your tootsies wrapped up and you will feel like a million bucks! Not exactly sure on the science of it but my chiro told me years ago about it and its been my lifesaver since then. ^5 on good eats today - NOT easy when AF is coming!

---

I am getting so much organizing done. I love it! My throat is stilll killing me so I'm taking it easy too. The girls are being wonderful keeping themsleves occupies. I wish Mike were home so I could have him do some heavy-lifting stuff for me.

Need to go make some scones....hey, the blueberries have anti-oxidants right?!?!?!;)

I'm back!

Hey ladies,

I'm back in action! It's nice to see that you guys are still going strong. Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in much while I was away. We didn't have internet access in our room at the hotels we were in in France so I had very limited online time.

Anyway, when I was in IL, I went to two classes at Lifetime - they kicked my arse! I was sore from the Cardio Resistance Training for almost a week! Such a great workout. The other one I went to was hip hop which was fun. I would love to have such a great gym!

I was hoping to be able to do turbo jam while in France but our hotel rooms were SOOOO tiny that it just wasn't an option. Fortunately we did a TON of walking (especially in Paris - which was AMAZING and beautifully romantic!) but unfortunately I also did a TON of eating. :) Nothing too greasy though (French food is actually very good/natural).

We flew back to Chicago on Sunday afternoon and got our kids and then flew to AZ on Monday. Yesterday was still a rough day with jet lag (we all went to bed at 6 on Mon night and woke up at 4 yesterday morning). Last night we were in bed at 7 and up at 5 this morning so hopefully tonight will be better!

So, I haven't worked out in almost 2 weeks and I probably won't workout today - give myself one more rest day. The last thing I want to do is get sick.

I was able to cancel my STS order and to be honest, after seeing the You Tube clips, I think it was the right choice for me. It seems slightly too close to p90x and that just wasn't a good fit for me. I am sure a lot of people will get great results though. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

So, as for menu, I'm not sure what I'm going to have today. I had my usual bfast of kashi/yogurt/strawberries.

I have no idea what i'll have for lunch and I think I'm going to make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

Well, it looks like we'll be making the move to France. It's pretty exciting and will probably happen relatively quickly. Ryan needs to talk to a few people and iron out some wrinkles but then we'll be on our way!

It's good to be back!

Have a great day all!
angie

I'm ok

Hey ladies I miss ya. I don't have my cable or computer up yet that is why I've been MIA. I'll catch up in a few days.

Stay clean ladies.

We miss you too Robin!

Welcome back Angie! It sounds like you had a wonderful tme. I'm on the fence about STS. I think it looks great, however, I like to train total body or all upper body, all lower body. I'm seeing better results since started training this way. I don't think it's that necessary to spend a lot of time training biceps and triceps unless you're training for a fitness contest. I do like to train bis and tris but not a gazillion sets or reps. You use your bis & tris as well as your shoulder complex when you train chest and back. So they get alot of work already. I guess we all have to do what works for ourselves. Also, you have to enjoy what you're doing otherwise you won't want to do it. My DH bought STS for my bday, so I'll feel bad if I cancel. Oh and I am actually very excited about the lower body work.

Kate, No new clients at this time; still doing Boot Camp and having a blast with it. You'll be surprised how well you'll manage with 3 little ones. Your daughters will be great helpers and it's so fun having a new baby to love. Enjoy the scones and I hope your sore throat eases up.

Emily, Aunt Flo is a b*%#h! It was me who asked about the veggie bologna, thanks for the info. Rumble is Amy Bento's latest martial art style workout. She has a long clip on her website.

Colleen, Sending you "NRG" vibes to be able to do Rumble. ;)

Hello everyone and have a great day!

Angie, Paris sounds wonderful. I went once for a week to interpret for someone. All-expenses paid - it was pretty awesome! I'm sure you got plenty of walking in and um, other workouts ;):D;), to get your cardio in! How soon will the move be?

Robin, Thanks for the quick checkin!

Shirl, You can always do STS however you want I'm sure. I'm a little daunted by it but hoping once I get into it that it will all click for me. I don't know if I should do it as soon as I start exercising again or if I should wait for the New Year, which actually won't be too far away after she's born. I'm thinking I'll need a little time to build up some strength. ???? What are your PT thoughts?

Well, I'm sad to say the scones are delicious!:p off to choremax some more...lunch soon.

Hey ladies, another change in plans -- home for lunch instead of at the grocery. I am swapping my green beans tonight to lunch, and my salad to dinner.

Preschool called to say that Collin has been complaining all day/week that his "pee wee" hurts, crying about it today it hurt so bad actually. I got him a drs appt this afternoon but I am sending Chris with him since I have so many appts. I told them I am leaving once my appts are over, so a bit early I hope! Hopefully it is a UTI and nothing more serious, but poor little guy!!

Be back later, a little earlier than normal, with personals. So great to see Angie and Robin again!!

Oh, Katie! Poor Collin! LOL at the "pee wee"!!! :p:D Isabel calls hers a "bajina"!! Cracks me up every time she says it! Good planning on your menu switching.

As long as I had my beast of a food processor out for making the scones I decided I should make Mike a banana cream pie...:eek::p:D Actually its a black-bottom banana-cream pie....mmmm.mmmm.GOOD!

Doing good with eats today - that is, until tonight when we have dessert!:eek:

Holy smokes! i'm glad i had a chance to check back!!

Angie, welcome back! France does sound fantastic!!! Dont worry about the workouts, back on track today or tomorrow right

Robin, miss you!!! glad you had a second to check in.

Shirl, i will let you know about SWAT, going to try it tonight and see, preview looked great though

Colleen, you must have needed the rest this morning, Maybe stretchmax tonight after sitting in meetingsmax all day

Emily, nice workout, sorry about the hormones :( Hormones do suck, i think we can all relate to that. I love veggie turkey slices, everything else kinda freaks me out! Videowise, i got SWAT, the new Jackie Warner one, Kickbox cross train and the Amy Bento 10 minute solution one, and now i want Rumble sooo bad!

Kate, yes blueberries do have anitoxidants :) so not to worry. I'm glad you and Mike had a good chat too.

Katie, sorry about Colin, i didnt hear back from you so i got a bit worried something came up.

I'm just eating my lunch. I got a tour of the helipad today, roof of the hospital, not railings or anything, totally different perspective!
Steph

Steph, Good to see you this afternoon! What was the occasion for the helipad tour? My FIL used to do mercy flights with his airplane and or helicopter so he's seen quite a few! He met a lot of interesting people - a whole lot of sad stories.

Had a short nap - recharged and ready for the rest of the day!
I want to be Samantha from Bewitched and just crinkle my nose to get everything done. Wouldn't that be nice?!:D

Well I left work early to come home and get a quick workout in before DH came home. Got home - he was already here but said he had a conference call at 7 and we would eat after that. I thought cool until I went out to get the mail and my neighbor corners me and tells me how my HOA is throwing away money cleaning up the woods. By the time I finished all that it was almost 7. So I only had time to do abs. I guess it is better than nothing. Now I need to figure out how to get all my weight work in.

Emily, Rumble is Amy Bento's new kickboxing workout. I was going to do it tomorrow but I am going to ASC3 instead and move Rumble to Friday.
Steph, never seen a helipad up close but I bet it is neat.
Angie, glad you enjoyed France. Sorry you could do your TurboJam, but at least you got some walking in.
Shirl, your rotation looks wonderful. Maybe you can create your own STS premixes?
Katie, how is Collin?
Kate, sounds like it is dessert day! I know if I stayed at home I would bake all kinds of goodies. Although everyone brings their goodies to work, so I guess it would be the same.
Robin, I hope you get internet soon.

Oh did I mention I am running a 5K this weekend? DH works with someone who has an autistic son and they are doing a charity run. Since DH is not in any kind of shape to run, he signed me up. I told him that since I have to run a 5K on my anniversary that he has to take me for pancakes afterwards. It's the least he could do.

I guess I should clean up dinner. It is getting late.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.