((((( cLEAN & tidy wednesday )))))

Not enough sleep -- AGAIN -- oh well, I think I will be okay today.

I have a board meeting at lunch time today and we always order out. I think my boss ordered lasagna (oops!), salad, and bread. There are always cookies and brownies too.

W/O 4DS bis and tris
B shake
S larabar
L meeting -- lasagna, salad, a cookie or two (realistically)
S banana
D ??? -- I don't remember what I bought at the store!

HELP!! Ladies, I am seriously lacking motivation with my workouts lately -- and my clean eating to an extent also. I am always so tired, and when I work out in the mornings, I am just sort of going thru the motions but not really enjoying the "journey" so to speak. I am bored with all if my workouts. I am exhibiting all of the classic signs of overtraining.

I know that I need to take some time off -- I am not doing myself any good by half-a$$ing my workouts. I just get anxious because my wedding is so close, and I don't want to lose my motivation with this 12 week challenge that I have created for myself. But I guess really, the motivation is not really there...

What should I do??

Good Morning!

Katie, It sounds like you need to take some more rest days. Try that first and if you're still tired and unmotivated take some time off. You'll feel better mentally and physically when you get back to your workouts. I've been taking more rest days for the exact reasons you described and my motivation is starting to return. What if you did some of your stretching workouts instead? Don't worry about the challenge, incorporate your rest days as part of it. Instead of the workout planned, take a complete rest day or do some core work or stretching. What do you think?

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I agree with Shirl, take a recovery week by doing some yoga or pilates. If you like that type of w/o buy an advance yoga or pilate tape. Katie even with one week off you will still have enough time to tone your upper body. Believe me you will miss your DBs when you take a few days off.

Another idea is to do your w/o listening to different music. I'm glad that the new STS will have the option of no music this way I can play some of my old tunes while doing weight work.

My w/o yesterday has my arms fried and I'm surprise because I only used 25#BB and 12# DBs. Cathe does a lot of reps!
My w/o today is CTX back and stretch max.

Menu:
b-cereal
s-yogurt and apple
l-shrimp/chicken veggie soup
d-lean BBQ beef and ??
s-popcorn

Morning clean peeps!

We got more snow last night!! only 2 cm, but still! I'm going to have a flooded basement, my biggest fear ever!

Katie, the wedding is pressure, but even taking Thurs-Monday off, and resting is probably a good idea, give yourself a break. if your minds not into it, the effort isnt either, and you wont get the benefit,and have the dread factor, which sucks! What are your favourite workouts? I would give yourself a day or 2 completely off, then plan for your fave the following day, forget the rotation for now.

Shirl, what's on the menu?

Robin, good weights yesterday, i did PUB and outweighted CAthe, felt good but i'm fried too!

Today, no trainer, he's in Cuba on holiday, so i thought LIC and core after work.

Menu:
B: you guessed it!
s: cc/pp/almonds
l: veggie soup, celery, hummus, apple
s: ryveta and almond butter
d: egg white omelette, salad, ezekial toast and berries
s: yogurt
I love having breakfast stuff for dinner!
have a great day everyone,
Hi to Kate, Colleen, Lori, Jenn...anyone i missed
Steph

Hi Everyone,

Katie, I agree with everyone about taking some rest days. I always come back feeling very motivated.
Also when I am lacking eating clean motivation I ease up for a couple days. I usually feel so sick and bloated that it doesn't last for long.
Steph, congrats on the heavier weights than Cathe.
Robin, what yoga/pilates DVD's did you use during your rest week?
Kate, how are you feeling today?
Shirl, you workout a lot and I am glad you are incorporating more rest time.

w/o was PUB (I used the same weights as Cathe)
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
l: shrimp jamabalaya (last shrimp meal for a couple of days)
s: fruit
d: tbd - we have some meat that expired yesterday, so we are going to open it up tonight to see if it is still good.

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Katie, Your lunch sounds wonderful!! ANd take some rest days. You'll come back refreshed. You'll still have plenty of time to be a buff(er) bride! Maybe incorporate 2 rest days per week when you get back at it.

Robin, I might join you with StretchMax today. I don't have time for CS but some stretching does sound nice. You always remind me to remember to eat popcorn once in a while - thanks!

Steph, Breakfast for dinner...mmm...any time of day! Boooo! on more snow! It feels like spring is coming here. Isabel and I got groceries and for the first time in months we weren't RUNNING to/from the truck. Have fun w/ LIC! I love that one.

b - nutrigrain low-fat waffles and oj
s - sugar cookie (I picked some up for a friend and one fell in my mouth!!!)
l - I think pizza and fruit/veggies
s - ???
d - beef pasta, veggies, bread, cantaloupe

No real w/o - Weds. are too busy. Maybe SM though.

Have a good day!
Colleen, are you feeling better?

Hey Colleen, we were typing at the same time. Sick of shrimp?? Hope your dinner is good. Did your helper start for work yet?

Hi Colleen and Kate. I'll type the name of the pilates DVD as soon as I remember it. :+

If I hear one more joke about Ex-Gov. Spitzer I'm going to spit!

I do not think what he did is very funny but my male patients seems to think that it is a big joke.x(

I feel better now that I have vented.

Anyway I'm eating my clean soup and reading my book.

Enjoy your lunches ladies.

Hey

Colleen, nice menu and workout! i'm screaming today from yesterdays PUB!

Robin, i read about the govenor in the paper today...$80000 on call girls? i bet NY news is non stop about it.

Kate, nice menu! Good workout yesterday by the way :)
off to work, ho hum..
S

That's right he spent 80 grand on call girls and I wonder where he got the money from?

I finished my CTX back and stretch max. Tomorrow I will do leaner legs.

My new advance pilate w/o is called Total Mind Body workout Pilates Advance Program. I got it on Ebay for 99 cent (7.99 s&H).

Hey ladies, I'm home from a loooooong day! The fam wants tacos for dinner, I will not have any tortillas -- I've had my fair share of carbs, and then some!!

Check back after dinner!

Wow, not much activity in here tonight....

I think I am going to sleep in in the morning and get some extra rest. I will probably work out Friday and Saturday and then start some form of a rest week.

Thanks for all your input/advice!!

Hello & good night!

Another long busy day for us.

Eating was so-so. Hoping for a great day tomorrow.

Sleep tight!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.