!!!!! clean & tidy tuesday !!!!!

Thanks to all who read about my "no good, very bad" day yesterday and responded with supportive and kind words. I am feeling a little heavy and *thick* this morning, but all I can do is move forward and try to work hard and eat clean to slim down again!!

I have ZERO fresh fruit in my house right now. I will go to the store on my lunch and pick some up, but not sure what I will do for my am snack. Maybe Collin will let me take one of his yogurts!:p

WO will be MuscleMax upper body premix and abs, and hopefully a long walk tonight after dinner. That always makes me feel better about myself when I have eaten badly.

Not totally sure about the menu, let me think on that and I will get back to you!

Morning ladies.

Sorry about you badeatday y-day Katie.For the past weekend my menu has been bad too. On Sunday I ate mac and cheese,ham, candy yams, some green veggies and BAKE chicken. Yes they baked the chicken instead of frying it for me. :confused: I guess this is clean but it's not tidy nor low cal. :rolleyes:. So I'm with you Katie.

I found another place to live in NC. my cousin Irene has two homes in NC. The big one with four bedrooms and a smaller one with 3 bedrooms. She said that her daughter Tracey is moving out of the smaller one and that I can rent it until I build my dream home. HEHE she thinks I have money.
Anyway Tracey is more or less being kickout and I'm suppose to move within 2 weeks. That's is going to be interesting. I told her that I will not sign a lease and can I live with her until Tracey moves out. Irene (aka bigmama) said yes you can stay here but Tracey is OUT! It must be b/c of the lack of rent Tracey is paying.

Stay tune for the next episode of Rocky Mount drama.

I need to cleanmax b/c I had someone to look in on the animals to make sure they had water and food,but these crazy animals must have had a party. There is torned paper everywhere.:mad:

I'll let you know my menu after I come home from grocerymaxing.

I'm going to work on my STS today.

Last edited:
Wow Robin, what a crazy situation!! Works out for you, though. I hope you will be much happier living down south. When we you be moving for good?

MM was HARD -- I don't remember it being so hard! I make it through, though.

I asked Collin if I could take one of my yogurts for my snack and he said, "Oh, of course you can Mommy!"

Menu:

b cereal, skim milk
s yogurt, Fiber One bar (the new one with oats and strawberries)
l Amy's black bean burrito and produceMAX
s fruit, almonds
d Chris wants ravioli, and we will have broccoli

Today will be better Katie. You can do it! Sorry you had a tough time with MM, your body was prob. just revolting from the day y'day. Glad Collin was willing to share with you!

WHY can I NOT do smilies!? It won't insert them in my text. It only puts them up by the title. ?????????????? Smily Queen Emily, can you help me out?!

Robin, I hope everything works out with the house for you. Good luck with the eats today. How are WO's going?

Date night was great. Out to eat, Home Depot to buy the chair rail for baby's room, and birth class. Oh and I ordered the paint for the room too. If it rains today PainterMan will be over to prime the walls.

Not sure on menu yet. I want to make apple muffins!
WO - UB wieghts after dds go to bed tonight.

Steph, Thinking of you!

He is so cute. My son's still a mamas boy and he is 11 years old. Iplan to move August 21. I'm not sure of how long I will need the moving truck. Maybe 2 days.
I hope Tracey moves before I do. This will make everything easier.

Hey Kate. I had the same problem. Go to User CP,then on the left side go to edit Options. go all the way down the page to the last box. There you can change the Miscellaneous option to Enhance Interface. This way you can add faces and different colors.

Good morning ladies.

Robin hope all goes smoothly with the Rocky Mountain house drama. When do the kids start school in NC? Are your kids excited about a new school?

Katie sorry about your bad day yesterday. Today will be better. MM is a tough workout.

Kate glad you had a great date night.

Today will be Imax 3, SUB(which I was supposed to do yesterday) and some core blast. That will put me back on track for the week. The rest of day will be poolmax.;)

Menu:
b-egg sandwich, oj
d- steak, veggie

Everything else is in between is up in the air. Will be at the pool.

Hi Colleen, Steph, Shirl, Angie and Emily.

BBL
Jenn

Good Morning Everyone!

I am glad drama Monday is over. Last night DH had to find a hotel room for his trip this week. Apparently, the company that he works with was going to arrange his hotel room but they forgot. Anyway, he needs to stay in downtown NYC and needless to say it is hard to find a good hotel cheap. We did find a hostel for 32/night. LOL. He did find a decent hotel on priceline and he is happy with that.

Katie, sorry about your bad day yesterday. Hope today is much better.
Kate, sounds like you had a productive night last night. mmm Apple muffins.
Robin, I hope the house thing works out for you. Wow you are moving in a couple of weeks. Are you packed?
Steph {{{HUGS}}}

w/o was PUB
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
s: banana
l: grilled chicken salad, watermelon
s: berries w/ yogurt
d: ww spaghetti

Jenn, you snuck in on me. Good luck with your workout today! I know I go through phases where it is hard to get up and workout in the morning. I have Imax 3 on tap for tomorrow.

Mornin' ladies! How's everyone today? :) At least it's not Monday anymore - so that's an improvement in this week already.

No workout this morning because I had an early orthodontist appointment to get to. I would've had to get up at 4:15 to work out and, well, that ain't happenin'! :p I may do something when I get home from work... or I may not. We'll see. I usually find it very difficult to work out in the afternoon. Too much other stuff to do.

I had a very unclean dinner last night (chips and salsa. seriously. that was my dinner. and an Elvis smoothie. you all should kick me out of clean & tidy right now.). Today is a new day, so another chance to try again. :)

Katie, you're not the only one who has days of bad eating. Please see above paragraph. ;) And yes, MM is hard. It gets me every time.

Robin, wow, what drama in NC! Hopefully everything will work out and you'll have a nice place to live.

Kate, just like Robin said, all you have to do to get smileys in your post is enable WYSIWYG editing in your User CP under Edit Options. :) Mmmm... apple muffins sound really good right now...

Jenn, poolmax??? For the rest of the day??? I'm so jealous!!!

Colleen, I'm glad your DH found a place to stay. :)

Steph, I'm thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Oh, I didn't do my menu. Let's see...
B - Peanut Butter Puffins with soy milk (I was in a hurry, this was the best I could do!)
S - Powerbar
L - Moroccan Chickpea Salad (again), light string cheese, nectarine
S - baby carrots and almonds
D - tbd (but it won't be chips and salsa, I promise)

I'll bbl!

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick check-in and I'll be back to do personals later. I feel like you all get started so much earlier than me. :)

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Ended up with LIC. That's a pretty good one. The pushups, like always, kill me. I keep wondering when I will get better at them.

Today I'm not really sure what's on the menu. Still need to get to the grocery store for the rest of the week. Had safeway sandwiches for dinner last night. Thankfully I held back and only ate half of mine.

Today's WO will be HIS/LIS.

bbl,
angie

Thanks for the tip Robin!

Jenn, Great WOs! Enjoy poolmax! I'd love to go but my rotten-attitude kids today do NOT deserve to go!

Colleen, Pass on the hostel!! Hope he has a productive time away. Enjoy the peace and quiet! ^5 on an awesome menu!

Emily, This day is so rotten I almost wish it were Monday. KIDS!!!! I love em but sheesh! What did my sister do to them last night?!?! What do you have done at the ortho? Gina has to start going in the next year - already! Terrible thumb-sucker - her palate is very misaligned! There goes our Disney vacatioN! Peanut butter muffins?! I'm coming to your house! How's the cookie jar going this week? You're surrounded!

Angie, IT's very over-whelming trying to catch up on personals! Do what you can when you can and we'll forgive you on the rest! Good job with LIC! No pushups for me right now. My belly hits the floor too fast to make them effective! LOL! I love HIS?LIS combo - so fun.

Eats today:
b - shredded wheat w/ milk, grapes
s - Clif Bar
l - orange peppers, 1 scr. egg w/ 2 whites and a ww eng.. muff (Gina ended up eating some of my lunch so I also had a small handful of almonds)
s - I hope some fruit
d - no idea. If this day/dds attitudes don't get better I'm leaving to go out to eat alone and Mike can make whatever he wants. Kidding! But i'm close.... I really need to go turn my (wicked) smily feature on!!!

see ya later

What do you guys think of this? I just got it in an email. Totally gross.

To Market to Market to Buy ...a Fat Hog?

...It’s amazing how much confusion there is out there today regarding what is healthful food

The world is full of individuals who have fallen prey to all manner of infirmity, sickness and disease-sometimes merely uncomfortable, but more often crippling or even fatal-who, either in ignorance or with supposed superior knowledge, have disregarded the unchangeable health laws.

...Hogs! They were created as scavengers; as a rule they are meat-eating animals that clean up anything that is left dead in the fields, etc. If any animal should die in the field and lie in the sun until it is broken open and the maggots and putrefaction have set in, the swine or other scavengers will come and eat up the filth and putrid matter. Scavengers were never meant for human consumption.

...Scavengers, such as the swine, are the filthiest and most abominable creatures. In their very nature they are poisonous, diseased and deadly. The flesh of the swine is said by many authorities to be the prime cause of much of our American ill health, causing blood disease, weakness of the stomach, liver troubles, eczema, consumption, tumors, cancer, trichinosis, etc.

...The swine’s anatomy has but one poorly constructed stomach arrangement and very limited excretory organs generally. Consequently, in about four hours after the pig has eaten his polluted swill and other putrid, offensive matter, man may eat the same, second hand-off the ribs of the pig.

...John Johnson, a farmer of Williams, Iowa, speaks on this subject. He states that the swine in Iowa are principally fed on corn, but “will eat anything we give them. If anything dies, we throw it to the hogs. I have actually seen hogs chewing at the cancer of other hogs and these hogs are shipped to market. Many times cattle are infected from the incurable diseases of the hog called the ‘mad itch.’ It is transmitted by the hog’s saliva left on the corn, which cattle eat. The itching in the cattle becomes so intense they will run from stump to stump until they rub their skin from their mouths and soon die. When the saliva from the hog’s mouth will poison cattle in this way, how can hogs be fit for man to eat?”(1)

...Farmers know that when they are feeding cattle, it pays for them to keep hogs, so that the hogs can follow after the cattle, eat the filth from the cattle, and thus turn it into pork for the public market.

...Swine have “running sores” under their hoofs. If you ever get the opportunity to visit a farm that raises hogs, lift the front hoof of the hog, and, with just a little pressure, greenish matter will ooze out from between the toes. This is one small outlet for the various heinous poisons that the hog takes into his body. Occasionally this artery becomes stopped up, the poison backs up into his system, and greenish growths are formed in various parts of his body.

...“On a close analysis of this filthy scrofulous serum, or the ‘culture’ of its bacilli under varied conditions, it is seen to contain the elements of many dangerous diseases and combinations; yet how toothsome is pickled pig’s feet to ignorance, unbelief, and disobedience.” (2)

...Some may be led to conclude that if the hog was kept in clean quarters and given nothing but pure food to eat, its flesh would then be just as desirable for human consumption as the flesh of any other animal, but that just isn’t true. The naturally filthy hog could be forced into the most sanitary conditions, nourished upon delicacies, and still would be unfit for food due to the basic physiological functions of it system. For this reason, God states in the Scriptures, “It is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat.”

...The Scriptures warn us about the diseases lurking in these unclean animals, (they are scavengers of the earth). These signals have been placed there for very good reasons. They are flashing red lights to keep us from impending disaster.

...During recent years discoveries by the medical establishment has brought to light reasons why God, thousands of years ago, condemned the hog as unfit for food. The microscope has revealed that the flesh of hogs is often infested with trichina worms, which when taken into the human body, multiply and begin to work their way through the entire system, even into the brain and heart This condition is known as trichinosis. Even today in America , the public is warned and advised to cook ALL pork well done. This is to make sure that the only trichinae worm you eat is a cooked one. But it is a known fact that heat does not guarantee the killing of all pork worms, The larva are very tiny and you can unknowingly swallow several hundred of them. Then when the natural warmth and even temperature of your body envelops them, they dissolve and become free to go about the task of growing and breeding further in your body. To suffer the symptoms of pork worm poisoning you need not eat but one pregnant parasite. If the number of parasites is sufficient, the body responds with symptoms similar to reactions to food poisoning. Later rheumatic-like pains may begin, or the worms may settle temporarily in the heart. Inflammation in the cardiac region may follow. In some cases the brain or nervous system may be disturbed, as though worms had invaded brain or nerves, which possibly they do. Even invasion of the muscles may be fatal if the worms are numerous enough.

...“In the pork which we Americans eat, there too often lurk myriads (countless numbers) of baffling and sinister parasites. They are minute spiral worms which scientists call Trichinella spirals. A single serving of infected pork-even a single mouthful-can kill or cripple, or condemn the victim to a lifetime of aches and pains. In the flesh of a pig, the trichinae are often so minute and so nearly transparent that to find them, even with a microscope, is a task for expert scientific inspectors…

...“Remember this: When you see stamped on a pork product the words, U.S. Government Inspected and Passed, those words do not mean that any official inspection whatever has been made as to whether this pork has trichinosis or not. It has merely passed the routine inspection given meat in general.

...“The trichina is just one worm found in the swine. There is a large round worm, the gullet worm, three kinds of stomach worms, a tiny hairworm, a hookworm, and the thorn headed worm, in the small intestine. There are several species of nodular worms and one species of whipworm in the large intestine, and the kidney worm. The large round worm can be as big as eighteen inches.

...“A special report given to medical personnel at a Doctors and Nurses Conference on Communicable Disease at the Wesley Medical Center , Wichita , Kansas , in 1962 said that one out of three people are infected with trichinosis.” (3)
“In a Colorado town pork sausage showing the trichina worms was taken by the federal pathologists from a peddler of fresh pork sausage after a family had been made severely ill from eating his product. One girl, age 18, was so ill that she was taken to the hospital where, on account of the heavy infestation of her diaphragm, her breathing was so bad that she had to receive oxygen inhalations three times a day to keep her alive. A small piece of muscle taken from her deltoid, or shoulder muscle, showed trichinae infestation. The family was at first diagnosed as having influenza, or muscular rheumatism. This mistake is probably often made in light cases of trichinosis, which probably affects about one person out of every four in this country.

...“In an effort to cull out the trichinae-infested hogs, or the worst of them, an attempt was made for a time to examine microscopically the tissues of each hog, by having a room full of microscopists examining bits of muscle tissue. The difficulty of this can be better understood when it is known that in Chicago alone there are two packing houses that can kill, dress, and pack six hundred hogs an hour each, which means an average of one every six seconds. This effort had to be abandoned as impractical and expensive, and so the Department of Agriculture, in a bulletin on trichinosis, says that ‘no practical system has yet been devised by which persons who eat raw or imperfectly cooked pork can be protected from the danger of trichinosis.’

...“In this same bulletin it is pointed out that in Germany, where microscopical examination of pork for trichinae is systematically carried out, there occurred in seventeen years 6,329 cases of trichinosis, 32 percent of which were from inspected meat that had been passed as free from trichinae infestation. To safeguard the consuming public, the government has prepared a poster for the use of the meat trade, warning the public to ‘cook pork and its products thoroughly.’ The reason is not given on the poster, but it offers to send an explanatory leaflet on request. It would not add to the attractiveness of pork as a food, nor would it tend to increase the sale of pork products, to inform the public bluntly that among garbage-fed hogs trichinosis infection is common, with a slightly decreased frequency among hogs in general. Garbage-fed rats have their tissues loaded with the trichina worms. Hogs eating such rats quickly become heavily infested with this loathsome disease.

...“As in all the wonderful instruction given by Moses, there was an excellent reason for his warning against the filth-eating hogs; and certainly those who do eat them should follow the government’s warning, for dead trichinae worms are preferable to live ones.” (4)

Hmmmm Kate that is some article but what they forget is that chickens and cows are just as dirty. I did an intership in Farmingdale and all the animals were walking around in mud except the pigs. In fact the pig pen was air conditioned,but this was a research/dairy farm.

Enjoy poolmaxing Jenn and in NC the kidds start school Aug 25,this is why I'm nervous.

Colleen I'm 1/2 way done with packing I think.

Emily Elvis soothie,does it has PB and bananas?

Angie i'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

Steph...Steph what's going on girl.

Robin, Makes me want to be a veggie like Emily & Steph!

Me too! That is just so gross! :confused: So happy I read that - my appetite has disappeared. It was a little out of control today too.

I don't have time for personals - just wanted to send cyber (((HUGS)) and encouragement to all of you wonderful women! :D

Let's make today GREAT! :D

Me too! That is just so gross! :confused: So happy I read that - my appetite has disappeared. It was a little out of control today too.

I don't have time for personals - just wanted to send cyber (((HUGS)) and encouragement to all of you wonderful women! :D

Let's make today GREAT! :D
I'm with you. My appetite has disappeared too. YUCK. I would become veggan but I'll get hungry too soon after eating lunch.

I wonder what is the rating stars for?????

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.