Good morning clean eaters!

Yesterday went well.

B - oatmeal
S - pear
L - salad w/grilled chicken
S - almonds
D - plain yogurt w'strawberries and bananas
S - pear, handful of rice cake thingys

I was on the road taking DD to camp for most of the night, so there was no time for mindless snacking!

Lorie, did you resist the M&M's?

Gayle, what a nice attitude you had on Father's Day!

I'll be going to the grocery store tonight - hopefully my quinoa will be in soon. They said they would order on Tues and it would arrive on Fri. Meanwhile the family has no food(unclean that is). We have run out of all their snackies and cereals. I haven't been paying attention to that stuff as I've been focusing on my stuff!

Have a good day!

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Goodmorning Phyllis and all to follow. Yesterday was good for me too. I'm headed to work a bit early so I can leave early without using up all my vacation time. I have an appointment with our lawyer about some changes we made to our will followed by a meeting at church about Bible school. I hope to have time to do a workout before all that stuff starts.

B-fast: Kashi Golean, soy milk, strawberries, WW eng muffin with almond butter
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Turkey on WW bread, carrots, tomatos, berry salad
Dinner: Maybe a salad before church meeting
Workout: PLB

Have a tidy day all.

Good morning, ladies!

Yesterday was my first full day of no none-sense clean eating, and it SUCKED. I mean, I did well looking back, but it was hard to resist.

Today should be easier I think. Here is what I have planned...

b -- cereal w/skim, banana
l -- tuna, crackers, string cheese
s -- carrots
d -- dunno, maybe a Healthy Choice meal of some sort

Okay, of to try iScuplt ballet for the first time -- wish me luck!!

Good morning, Everyone!

Phyllis - It's funny how shocked my family is whenever Mom doesn't know that we are out of Chex Mix or popsicles, etc!
Robin - oooo! Berry salad! Sounds yummy!
Katie - I hope you have an easier day today. To quote Cathe, I am finding that "every day is a new day."

Today's menu
B -oatmeal, half banana
s -apple with nl pb
L -ww veggie and turkey wrap, cup of barley soup
s -a few nuts, other half banana
D -garlic&rosemary chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
s -not sure

Everyone - Have a great day!
Patty

Good Morning Phyllis, Robin, Katie and all who follow,

Katie - Enjoy your new workout. I miss my former "dance career." Maybe I should look into that iSculpt ballet. Let me know what you think.

Lorie - OMG, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me (besides my SO and he doesn't count)!!!!!!! You can't imagine how you made my year with that. Thank you, you're so sweet!!! I am a Disney-holic. We had looked into the DVC but I don't get any vacation time to speak of so it wasn't worth it to us. That was my first week-long vacation in about 9 years. If I knew that I could get a vacation every year I would've done that in a heartbeat! There's just something about that place. I have even considered auditioning to work for them (I actually have a BA in Musical Theater...yup, really using that one right now *rolls eyes*). Unfortunately, I probably missed my chance on that one.

Gayle - I'm so glad you were able to spend your Father's Day like that. Good for you!

Unfortunately, I have to start fresh again today. I slipped off the wagon at lunch a bit yesterday then went splat after dinner. I had the most amazing cookie I've ever had in my life then my SO showed up at my door last night with ice cream :eek:. Starting today it's going to be squeaky...

B - hardboiled egg whites with guac, steel cut oats with cherries
S - cottage cheese and a banana
L - salad with shrimp, flax seed bread with PB, apple
S - roasted cauliflower
D - finish leftover snapper with tomato-caper salsa, steamed broccoli, spaghetti squash
S - plain yogurt with strawberries and blueberries

There's no way I'm going to fit a workout in so work will have to suffice. I was in my glory yesterday when I did Cardio Fusion Mix and Max with a SB Challenge chaser...FUN!!!

Have a great everyone!
Wendi

www.picturetrail.com/gwd

ETA...Lorie - I just glanced at your picture trail and I have to return your compliment, you gorgeous gal, you! I am SOOOOOO jealous...I have always wanted to swim with dolphins. It's a dream for me, too. Was that at Discovery Cove?

Hi everyone, just a quick checkin tonight.

Today has been really good. Portions could still be a bit smaller but working on that. At least is is tidy.

B - Pear
L - oats, almonds, cashews, sultanas and yoghurt
S - rice cakes and soya cheese
D - veggies.

Wendi, yesterday's workout sounds like a blast. I will have to try that one. I just received Cardio Fusion and Step Blast in the mail on Monday. Haven't done them yet.

Did Low Impact Circuit today.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Kim

Katie and Kim, I second what Phyllis says for both of you. Are you guys eating enough?

Wendi, I got a chance to check out your picture trail last night and loved it. You and the horses are gorgeous.

I third what Phyllis said about eating too little.

I went to the doctor yesterday after I started coughing up stuff that was bright yellow and RED (sorry TMI)! The red part worried me so I thought I shoudl go to the doc. He said I most likely have a bad virus and gave me a decongestant but also gave me antibiotics if it gets worse. My throat feels awful right now and I am coughing. Ugh...I can not lie around for another day...so boring! I had planned on doing an iClimb and ME today. Don't think that's going to happen.

Anyway, I was really feeling sorry for myself and M&M's are such a comfort food for me. While I was picking up my prescription, I got some. Well, when I did eat them, they tasted WAY TOO SWEET and I didn't enjoy them at all (I was shocked and a little sad). I had a few and that was it. I don't even want them. So, I am actually really glad I did it. I thought if I had some I would go right back to my pound bag a night habit. I have absolutely no desire. I don't know if part of it is because I was sick or not, but they just didn't taste good. I am really glad I "cheated."

Wendi, Disney is absolutely magical. I hear so many people who say they won't go because it's "just for kids." That's too bad because I think I have more fun going as an adult! I am trying to get DF to take some time off so we can go this fall. Maybe for my birthday (October). Your pictures really made me want to go.

So, I am supposed to work today. I am doing some contract work over the summer but I am not sure I should because I don't want to get the kid sick. He happens to be a friend's son and after I did some testing we were going to take the kids to the mall. I am thinking I should reschedule for tomorrow. Ugh...I just feel soooo terrible. My head is all congested and my throat is killing me. All right, enough complaining from me.

Yesterday, was clean (I guess) with the exception of the M&M's. I only had some hummus and soy/flaxseed chips. I didn't have an appetite. I have a feeling today might be the same. :(

I will check in with you ladies again later.

Hi clean & tidy ladies!

Phyllis - Good luck shopping for all that unclean stuff!
Robin - I hope your busy day goes well.
Katie - I know what you mean... y-day was tough for me too but we're back on track today, right?
Patty - I like your Cathe quote!
Wendi - Sorry but I have to ask what kind of amazing cookie you had y-day?
Kim - Have fun with Cardio Fusion & Step Blast... they're both so much fun!
Lorie - Glad you went to the doctor... take it easy & I hope you feel better real soon.

Last night went pretty well. I had a few nuts when I got home & helped my DH install some new faux wood blinds in our living room. Then, we watered the garden (hoping for some rain today) & I finally made some pork tenderloin, green beans, & baked potatoes for supper. The only mishap was the one glass of red wine I had after supper but I figure one is supposed to be healthy, right?

This morning, I did IMAX 2 & plan to do some yoga during lunch.

Meals today:
B - cereal with banana & milk
S - yogurt
L - probably an Amy's frozen dinner or maybe a spa cuisine from Lean Cuisine, also some fruit & maybe whole grain crackers with Naturally More PB (?)
S - fruit
D - supposed to attend a picnic with my DH for his work & they're supposed to have BBQ catered... so I don't know what on earth there will be for me to eat... wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a great day & I'll be back later...

Hi Lorie, I do hope you are feeling better soon. You don't sound like you are well at all. Take it easy so you get better sooner.

Kim:)

Katie,

I think it gets easier and easier as you go along. Like I posted before, I was SO excited to have my M&M's and they didn't even taste good to me. That was a shocker.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

BTW, I tried iSculpt today but only got through about 15 minutes before I got frustrated with the poses!!! Let me know how iBallet is. I have one of those, too. I got them with the free codes.

Thanks, Kim. As the day went on, I felt better. Mostly just sore throat. I was getting really antsy since I hadn't worked out since Thursday and I ended up doing Muscle Max. It felt GREAT!!! I know I am going to be sore tomorrow. I figured weights were okay to do, but didn't want to do cardio in case my illness moves to my chest.

Oh, Lorie, I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad MM wasn't too much for you. I know when I'm sick I sometimes feel better when I do a little something, just don't push too hard. I completely agree that Disney is so much better as an adult! There are so many other things to do besides the usual to do list and I know that I appreciate the place more as I've gotten older. It's not just about the rides anymore, it's the atmosphere!

I had to laugh about your M&M cheat. I have had similar experiences where you go back to try something that you once LOVED and find that it tastes absolutely horrid to you. I'm that way about soda. I used to down at least 2 liters of high test (no diet here...yuck!) A DAY and now I absolutely can't stand how sweet and artificial the stuff is. That's when I step back and say to myself "Look how far you've come" and it feels great!

Take care of yourself,
Wendi

www.picturetrail.com/gwd

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.