:::::::::: cLEAN & tidy thursday ::::::::::

CollinsMom

Cathlete
It's Thursday........... Does anybody else agree that it feels like it should be Friday??

Tell us about your day, your workout, your menu, and anything else you can to share!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What are you wearing? (not meant in a freaky way;) )

DRINK YOUR WATER!

Today will hopefully be a productive one at work -- I have piles and piles of crap to do! I am leaving at 11 am to go to the *female doctor* for a Gardasil shot -- anyone else gotten this shot? It is SO PAINFUL! Luckily this is the last time, though (you have to have it three times, supposed to protect against certain things that can lead to cervical cancer). Then on my lunch hour, my office is going out to eat for a co-worker's birthday, so I won't be coming home til after work. I am going to set dinner in the crock pot before I leave for work so I don't have that to mess with tonight!

Workout will be Low Max -- I never look forward to this one, but always end up enjoying it.

Menu~

B cereal
S crackers, apple slices
L OUT TO EAT -- realistically, probably a sandwich and fries
S banana
D chicken, carrots, onions, and potatoes in the crock pot

QUESTION: Right now I am wearing hot pink fleece sweatpants, a Myrtle Beach t-shirt, and a grey hooded sweatshirt (Towson University). When I am able, I LIVE in fleece pants and hooded sweatshirts -- it is my *uniform.* In a few minutes, when I begin my workout, I will change to a black sports bra and coral colored shorts, socks, and Ryka Crosstrainers.

Have a great day!!

Hey, Katie! No, I have not gotten the gardasil shot and I don't want to. From what I understand it protects against cervical cancer that starts from STD's. Mike and I didn't have sex until we got married and I totally trust that he wouldn't cheat. I've heard that it stings too. Also, "they" come out with "safer" versions of vaccines all the time and it freaks me out to think I would be getting an "unsafe" version. Recently a vaccine (I believe it was 1 million doses) was recalled because of "sterilization issues", but they won't say which one it was. PASS for me on the vaccines. Luckily, we live in a state where they aren't mandatory. We know a lady who is severely retarded because of a vaccine reaction. Scares me to death. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now! ...... Hope your lunch out is fun! Will they order dessert? Good luck!! I feel the same way about LowMax. The warm up and combo 1 always seem to take forever to get thru. Cute outfits, btw!

I am wearing:
Bright red knee socks w/ white polka dots
JCrew skivvie pants (fitted, calf length), red and green rugby striped
Cotton hooded semi-fitted long-sleeved t-shirt, green and white striped
Yes, I look like Christmas.
I have probably 25 pairs of knee socks. It's a *small* addiction. I buy almost every pair that Jcrew makes! Thankfully, I have a nice husband!
Once I get dressed I'll wear some other funky knee socks with a knee-length jean skirt and a shirt that (maybe) matches my socks.
Both of these outfits are my *uniform* too, I guess!:D

menu:
b - 1 scr. egg w/ 2 whites, red peppers, salsa (Thank you Shirl!!!!)
s - I'll be at preschool & we're taking snack. Bringing carrot sticks and graham crackers. I'll have some carrots.
l - grilled chicken salad w/ salsa , some apple
s - pineapple and almonds
d - ???? We are going to be so busy today - might end up out to eat

workout will be rhy.step and I need to add on GS Shoulders.

Mufasa is having eye surgery today!;( Annie had the same problem. In Great Danes it's actually a common thing. (If you get queasy easy don't read this!) On one of his eyes the tear duct starts to come up out of the lower eye lid. It looks like he has a wad of Bazooka bubble gum stuck to his lower eye. They cut out part of the duct and tack it back in. Kinda groos, huh? Happened to Annie twice - ka-ching!! $$$$ So, I have to run him to the vet before preschool. After that I work at preschool, race home to meet Gina getting off the bus. Eat a quick lunch then we're all off to the main office so I can do payroll. I don't want to go (for many reasons!) but DH's mom is sick (office is at their house in the basement) and I don't want us to get sick!!!! I would wait to go until tonight but after dinner is when I workout so I would be up until 1 or later to get all of my nighttime stuff done. Mufasa has to be picked up around dinner time, so there's one more thing to do too. Anf of course there's normal paperwork that comes in during the day that I put off til the night so I can be with my girls. HELP!! My head hurts just thinking about our day! But, hey, I've got a bright yellow great room to cheer me up! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. All of the furniture has to go down to the basement play room tonight to make room for the furniture delivery tomorrow!

Yikes! I'd better get going - lots to do!
Drink your water!!!!!

Kate, LOL at the knee sock addiction! I HATE socks with a passion! Good luck with the busy day, I will keep Mufasa in my thoughts! About dessert, no, there probably will not be any! Everyone in my office eats pretty healthy, plus we really won't have time.

To work today I am wearing grey pants, black cable knit sweater, and black ballet flats (cute, comfy, and they DON'T require socks!!). Boring outfit today...

Check back after work!

Hello Clean and tidy peeps!!

I'm at work, back is feeling a bit better, i have ice on it now. I'm not going to lift like usual tonight, i'll do Kari Anderson's reach instead i think. I want to do 4D BC tomorrow and lift Saturday, so if i take it easy one day, hopefully i can!

Katie, Canada is looking at the vaccine only for girls ages 9-16. HPV is not an STD, and most women and men have after one partner and reverse out of it. HPV is the leading cause of cervical cancer, i opted to get a PAP every year instead. I've been with my DH for 13 years, we dont even have sexmax anymore!!:)

Good question!! I'm doing a guest lecture this afternoon at the university, so i'm wearing my grey tweed teacher pants, with rolled up cuffs at the bottom, black turtle neck and black patent leater flats!

Kate, Busy day, I hope Mufasa's surgery goes well, that's stressful! I love tights and socks!! and shoes..i have a lot of shoes. I like wearing capris pants with different socks/tights and flat shoes. I love the look of the 1960's Jackie O, Eddie Sedgewick, that kind of thing. I love black and white, checks..why am i talking so much!!
Great workout, i dont have RS, tell me about it.

I'll be back!
Steph

Katie, I heart ballet flats!!! I wear them all the time. I REFUSE to wear anything with a heel - other than stepping I am severely uncoordinated. Plus it seems like I'm always in a hurry and would fall flat on my face w/ a heel on!

Breakfast was as planned and DELISH! Shirl, I'm eternally grateful to you!!

Everybody hittin' the snooze alarm?

Steph, I always thought HPV was an STD. I get my exams too yearly and I hear ya on SexMax - seems we intend to a lot more than we actually do. But when you get 5-6 hours of sleep per night sex usually takes a major back seat. Cute outfuts, Btw!

RS has 3 combos you learn then you do the challenge at the end combining all 3. There's a learning curve for sure but it is so much fun!!

Gotta motivate the girls to get dressed - see you this afternoon!

Morning ladies and I wish it was Friday.

I'm sick today so I did not do my w/o. I really should have not come to work either.I guess the cough medicine is really working because I coughing up a lot of phlem.:-( I hate being sick.

Anyway I'm wearing a hospital uniform and nikes.

b-egg whites
s-crackers
l-soup and crackers
d-?

I'm drink lots of water because it helps with the chest cold.

;( Poor Mufasa I hope the surgery goes well. [[[hugs for doggie]]]
I think boxers have that same problem.

Robin, Sorry you're sick! Try to take a nice long nap later. Have some good warm soup for dinner and go to bed early too. We are rarely sick but when we are it's almost always after a time of not getting enough sleep. And if I remember right you've had some sleepless nights lately.

Preschool was fun today - we're studying bodies this week. I got to help the kids draw blood/veins on their life-size paper bodies. FUN!

The vet called and left a voice mail saying Mufasa's problem was not what they thought it was. I called back but the dr was in another surgery. Hmm...Hope he'll be okay.

Isabel fell asleep on the way home from preschool so Gina and I will have lunch together. I don't get much 1-on-1 w/ her now that she's at school so this will be nice.

Looking forward to RS tonight!

Hope everyone is doing well - where is everyone?!?! Colleen, are you doing okay? Hello to Shirl & Jenn. Steph, hope your lecture goes well. Send us a copy of the article you write for the paper! Do they put your picture in too?

Hi Everyone,
Crazy morning - Menu is going to be very similar to yesterday's. I did KenpoX+ - I had to work really hard to keep my HR up. Tony's cardio can't compare to Cathe's. I'm pretty sure I'll be substituting that workout. I also did Glute Camp, I didn't have time to add Squeeze lower body.

Robin, How are you feeling? I don't think I'll be ordering STS. Are you going to?

Kate, Preschool sounds like it was fun. Have you heard back from the vet?

Katie, I hope your appt. went well. Did you get fries with your lunch?

Steph, Please be careful with your neck, etc.

Hi Colleen and Jenn!

I'll be back later.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Everyone!

I have a meeting in less than 5 minutes so this is my quick check-in. I got stuck with doing a presentation this morning at a 8:00 meeting, so I have been busy doing that.

I have not had the vaccine because I already HPV, and precancerous cells on my cervix. I will go into more details later.

I am wearing brown pants, cream shirt, blazer and brown boots.

Robin, hope you feel better
Kate, love you outfit
Katie, how did the appt. go?
Steph, take care of your neck
Shirl, how do you like Glute Camp?

Not sure if I will order STS. Will need to read about it tonight.

Colleen

Robin, Mufasa did have surgery after all. Turns out it's some genetic thing and it sounds like it's gonna look pretty gross from the surgery, but all better once its healed. poor guy! Thanks for the STS link - I'll go check it out in a minute.

Shirl, Hope your day calms down at some point for you!

Colleen, How'd the presentation go?

Eating clean today - no cheats!!! For some odd reason I've "kicked it into high gear" w/ super clean eating. Feeling great!

See you later!

MAN! I can't decide about STS. I really like doing total body on one day - not sure how much I like to split. I was / still am hesitant about these GymStyles. I would like to know more about hte rotation - How often we're lifting and how often we'll do cardio. I put a question in on Ask Cathe. Hopefully I get an answer by Saturday! Regardless, that's an AWESOME price on all those workouts. And knowing how I am I would hate to miss out when everyone is talking about the new workouts when they arrive!

I was wondering the same thing Kate concerning how the cardio will fit in. I guess Cathe will answer that question.

I like the 1RM calculator and workout manager idea. It's amazing 37 DVDs at $5.38 each. I will have to reread this again because it seems like once you start this rotation you can't really stop or jump around to different DVDs. I wonder if Tracey is doing the same thing }( , but Cathe beat her to the punch. LOL

I wonder if I should buy it because I really love weight training
hmmm let me think.

Kiss Mufasa for me ;(

Hey ladies, it's HARD to be away from this thread all day!

The appointment went well, the shot hurt, but not too bad. Now it is over and I never have to get it again, thank goodness!

Lunch was good too, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and FRIES! It was reeeallllllyyy good, HOWEVER, as soon as I got back to my office, I started having SH*T Max! Something did NOT agree with me. I had to leave my office with a client in there two times (about every 10 minutes) to RUN to the bathroom -- it was bad. So I got to cheat, but I HIGHLY doubt that I absorbed any of the calories.

No afternoon snack for me today, my stomach just does not feel right. For my morning snack I ended up having apples and.....chocolate birthday cakex( Overall I feel good about the day, though. You have to cheat sometimes.

I'll check back in with personals in a little bit....gotta check on my crock pot dinner and my terrible toddler.

PS I am back in my hot pink sweatpants and t-shirt;)

Katie you are making it hard to resist the new series.

If it 12 DVDs for 4 weeks, that means 3 w/o per weeks. Which leaves 3 days for cardio per week. Right?

Yes, Robin, that is what I am thinking. Based on the splits she wrote out, I am thinking it will be three days lifting, then we can do whatever we want in between.

I'm sorry, don't mean to enable, but there is NO WAY that I am going to miss this new series. This is just what I have been looking and working for!

Katie, There ain't nuthin' like some good diarrhea! This one's for you!:

"when yer slidin' into first, and feel somethin' burst...diarrhea!"
I'm sure you all know the rest of the song!!!:+

okokokokokokok! You convinced me to order STS - I can't NOT get it! DH is giving me a look like "uh-uh" but oh yeah baby!

MY DINNER WAS AWESOME!!!! I made tacos. BUT! I had mine as a taco salad, no chips!!!! HUGE victory for me AND I kept it to 1 serving..another victory! AND I didn't finish off the girls leftovers. I'm on a roll! There was way more salsa than anything, no surprise there. Had 1 serving of very lean beef, corn, romaine. It was great.

Just finished R.Step - so much fun - smiled the whole way thru.

I have to go to the main office now to do payroll- yuck. I'll be back later, I'll need a sanity break!

Se you in a bit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.