////////// cLEAN & tidy thursday \\\\\\\\\\

I am still sick:( I had a fever all night, but it seems to have broken. I will attempt work today, we will see how that goes.

No workout for me -- I am so tired and achey. Not sure on the menu either -- don't have much of an appetite.

Gosh I hope I can workout tomorrow. I hate missing so many days.

This weekend we are headed to my mom's house for a couple days, then on Sunday we are driving to Hampton, VA. I have a work conference next week (Sunday - Wednesday) and I am taking Chris and Collin with me. The hotel this year is all suites so it is easier to bring family. The boys will get to do fun things all day while mommy listens to boring speakers that are supposed to get me all psyched up about my job. It's nice to get out of the office for a few days, though...

Check back later, hope everyone has a good day!!

Hi Everyone,

Well since the roadtrip my life has been crazy! After getting home early monday morning (3 am) after spending 12 hours in the airport. My son got sick last monday and tuesday and then I woke up on Saturday morning with pink eye!! I have to wear my glasses and I really can't see that well with them.. I need new glasses. enough whining...I had a great time hanging out with you girls on the roadtrip emily, stephanie, colleen , Kate and Katie.. You all are so sweet and fun.. I am looking forward to getting you know you all better and the other ladies on this check in!! I need some help with the clean eating thing... I have good intentions and then I hear the french fries call and it is all over LOL.. I have been tossing around the idea of getting Cathe's nutrition. Has anyone else looked into it??
I don't have my menu planned for today or my workouts.. I will check back later!!

Katie I am sorry you are sick...sore throats are the worst!! Rest now so you can enjoy your weekend...

Tracy

Last edited:
YAY it's almost Friday

Katie that trip sounds great. Does Your job pays for everything? Does the hotel have a pool?

I'm STRESSED :eek: The investors want me to move out of the house by next Wed the 13th. That means I have less than a week to finish packing. OMG. And b/c I just gave my 2 weeks notice I can't leave my job until the 20th. PANIC. This is what I'm going to do. I'm going to move into a hotel for one week and put the pets in a pet motel. Then make my last day of work 19th. The closing of the house is on 20th, so I can move after the closing if it's early or I just have the movers move the furniture and I'll drive on the 21st. I'm so confused. :rolleyes:

w/o today besides packing...maybe I'll work on STS.
Menu???

Katie, Sorry you've got another sick day. Lots of water!!!

Tracy, Nice to see you! LOts of drama for your family - yikes! Glad you joined us!

Robin, WOW! MoveMax DramaMax! JUst keep thinking about how wonderful it will be to be moved and settled.... Wish I could come help you pack!

------------
I HAVE TO LIFT TODAY!!!! Hoping for total body but I'll settle for UB if time doesn't permit. I have a board meeting for preschool tonight so I have to get it done in the daytime....not so easy right now.

b - cereal and fruit
l - cheeseburger w/ no bun, salad w/ carrots & raisins (no dressing), fruit
d - roast & veggies at Mike's grandmas
Not sure on snacks.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Steph, How's your day? ((((((hugs)))))

Hi Tracy nice to meet you. I'm not normally this stressed out. I have not check out Cathe's nutrition yet but i saw the first month is only $9.99.
Good luck with your w/o and meeting Kate. Cheese burger with no bun, you crack me up.

katie did you go to work today?

Last edited:
I'm interested in the NM too. I was thinking about seeing a nutritionist after the baby is born though so I don't want to spend money in both places. After I had Isabel I ate *super* clean but I got too thin. Between 2 hour workouts and nursing I wan't taking in enough calories. Everyone was really worried about how thin I was but I didn't see it at the time. I look back at pics and go "woah, I was a waif!" I don't want that to happen this time, esp. doing STS. I want maximum results!

Breakfast is done, DDs are feeding Susie:p, they're coming in in a minute and I'm going downstairs to lift!!!

Mornin' girlies! :) It's Friday Eve - woo hoo! I'm kind of bummed to not be going on the August RT too. I'd love to do it all again!

Katie, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy, and get your vitamins.

Tracy, good to see you here! Sounds like you've been very busy since the RT! Pinkeye - yikes! This is a good check-in to help with clean eating. Lots of good inspriation here (as long as you're not using ME for inspiration ;) ).

Oh Robin! Less than a week to pack and move??? That's insanity! I'd be stressed too. I'm sure everything will work out just fine - your plan sounds like a good one. Moving is always stressful, isn't it? This is why I plan to never move ever again. :p

Kate, I hope you get that lifting done. :) We'll hold you accountable, you know! Oh, you asked yesterday what CSA is - it's Community Supported Agriculture. It's a sort of veggie subscription service. We pay a flat fee at the beginning of the year to a local farm, and during the spring, summer and fall months, they send us a big box full of their organically grown veggies every week. The veggies are delicious and extremely fresh, and we're supporting local agriculture. Yesterday's veggie box had tomatoes, peppers, garlic, basil, zucchini, bok choy, and cucumbers. I made an awesome stir-fry for dinner with cherry tomatoes, peppers and zucchini, and served it over brown rice - yum!!! There are CSA programs all over the country:
http://www.localharvest.org/csa/

Okay, I totally got sidetracked for 15 minutes there... the guys from Marketing were talking about running, and I just couldn't resist that conversation! ;)

Anyway, today's workout was 4DS Legs and Abs (no cardio today - I was too tired). Menu is pretty much the same as it has been all week. I'm boring like that. :p

Hope everyone is having a good day so far! :D

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was OK eating. Had tacos for dinner but kept it to two even though I wanted about 5. That's the problem with eating clean. When I eat something unclean, I want to binge! :) Anyway, Ryan suggested that I take the day off of WO because of my sore throat. So, I did and went to bed early. It's still slightly sore today but I fell okay. I'm going to try to get some sort of WO in.

Tonight we are going to the mall to buy a new suitcase before our trip so we will probably eat at the mall. I promise I'll make a good decision there!

Not sure for lunch. Probably some turkey and who knows what else. My pickings are getting pretty slim.

Thanks for the suggestions on the barbell yesterday. Looks pretty good. Rack it up on my WO expesnses. Might have to wait a few months until we move since Ryan's still in a little shock re: STS! It's coming out of "my" budget which is only $60 per month! It's going to take me a few months to pay off!

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still sick. Don't even think about working out until you're 100% and then take it easy. Your body won't miss that much. Take walks, do a few pushups, etc. Don't jump right into DM! :)

Robin, sorry for the stress. Moving is never an esay thing. It will all be over soon and you'll be settled.

Tracey, welcome! Don't worry - I think we all indulge in a little FF once in a while! We wouldn't be human if we didn't! Just keep it clean about 90% if you can!

Kate, good luck with liftmax. How old are your girls? I don't think I could attempt to WO during the day unless I put on a movie for mine and even then I'm SURE I'd get interrupted.

So, I'm still having trouble with WM. What's the deal with it? I see that you can pick from Cathe's videos but I can't actually see them. I'm so confused. I hope it's all better by the time STS comes.

Ellie (my 2 year old) just saw me typing here and pointed to the picture of Cathe at the top of the screen and said, "Mom, that's your favorite movie!" Tee hee.

Have a great Thursday all!
angie

Power Hour is done! I skipped the lunges because they are just too uncomfortable on my pelvic floor right now. I felt really weak today - bummer. I thought about quitting a couple times but I just lightened my weight and finished. GLad I did. Hopefully I can do CS or some light cardio this afternoon

Emily, Friday Eve?! I like that! Teh CSA sounds great - I'll check out the link. Good for you getting your WO in. I feel like my menus are boring too! Steph's our exotic one!

Angie, tacos are sooooo hard to portion-control. I *heart* them! I usually clean them up and make a taco salad out of the meat. My girls are 4 &6. Today they played monkey on my Smith machine while I lifted. Inevitably one of them got hurt, but its never too bad. Good luck at the mall today! I usually end up with a grilled chicken salad when we go out (no dressing - thankfully I don't like it!) I haven' tlooked into WM yet. Need to though.

Colleen, Where are ya?
Shirl, Jenn, yoo hoooooooooo!!!

bbl........

Hi Everyone!

Busy morning this morning. I was really tired from yesterday and got up a little later than I wanted. DH called, MIL called to make sure DH was okay and invite me to sit in traffic for 1.5 hours to have an unclean dinner with them. I sound really ungrateful and I am not. It is very nice of her to think of me home alone, but going to my in-laws during the week is a hassle. DH and I don't do it unless we really have to because of the traffic. Anyway, I got to work and my insecure gay coworker brought bagels and wanted to make sure I ate one. Then I had a meeting, and now I have some time finally.

Robin, 1 week to pack!!!! I can send DH over tonight to help :p Good luck - I know it will be stressful but it will force you to get it done.
Tracy, glad you joined us. I purchased the nutrition manager last week and I really like it. I bought the year package because of all the extras. The only negative is that if you enter food manually, it does not necessary have all the vitamins and minerals on the nutrition label. I haven't figured out if there is somewhere else where I can get this info yet. PM me if you want specifics.
Katie, sorry you are still sick. Take it easy today and don't infect your office. I have been avoiding my sick coworkers all week.
Emily, I have thought about doing a CSA but I was afraid it would be too much for 2 people. Do you find you can use everything they give you?
Angie, I think STS will be well worth the investment. We don't know when STS will be out so maybe you can ask for a barbell for Christmas? My mom always loves to give me early Christmas gifts if I really want something early.
Kate, sorry you felt weak today but I am glad you pushed through. I don't know if I can eat cheeseburgers without the bun. I will have to try it sometime.
Hi Steph, Jenn & Shirl!

w/o PLB
b: bagel w/ cc
s: probably will skip because I am full from the bagel
l: leftover quinoa vegetable stirfry (I will post the recipe tonight)
s: I brought banana, watermelon, edamame, & berries & yogurt. I will eat some combo of that
d: chicken fajitas

Have a great day everyone!
Kate, glad you got through PH.

Colleen, LOL at your insecure gay co-worker! So....are you going to MIL's? I'd probably say I have a ton of work to catch up on. It was really nice of her to invite you! the only thing I put on my burger is cheese so it's not like there's ketchup etc. running all over. Your fajitas sound great! AND PLB - fuN! I love that one but never seem to remember it.

Well, Gina says she has a sore throat so not sure on dinner at Grandma's. I'm not too disappointed. shhhhhhhhhhh...I don't really like her cooking anyway! Bad granddaughter I am!

I had 1/2 a Clif Bar after PH. Lunch got changed to taco salad and watermelon.
Happy news! Isabel, my protein-deficient child, LOVES CLif Bars! I'm so excited! So we shared one this AM.

Off to get the girls down for a nap. I'm not too tired...hopefully they fall asleep and I don't so I can get up and get some things done.

Hey all, put Ellie down for a nap and Anna in my room to watch Incredibles while I did BM2 boot camp. Yowzers! I'm beat. I also made the mistake of doing it just in my sports bra b/c it was so hot and now I'm fully convinced that I need a tummy tuck. I've heard people say you can get rid of that loose skin but I'm not sure. I don't know how much fat I have to lose and how much is just going to be with me forever. I'm kind of discouraged. I work out more than anyone I know (aside from you lovely ladies) and I don't think that I am significantly more in shape than them. It just isn't super motivating...

Anyway, off to shower. I'm glad I got my WO in early today b/c I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have happened after out mall trip.

So, my goal is to be in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday which is Jan of 2010. I have a cruise booked with my best friend from high school and our husbands and I want to feel totally good about myself!

Happy rest of your Thursday!

angie

No, I am not going to MIL's. It is a really long day to work 9 hours, and drive 2 miles an hour for 20 miles. So I told them no that I wouldn't make it for dinner because I had a late meeting (half true - my last meeting ended at 5).
Kate, so did you skip dinner at grandma's? I hope Gina is not getting sick.
Angie, great goal. I know you can do it. Doing Cathe's rotations and watching my eating has helped me a lot but I still have some work to do.

Have a good night everyone!

Good evening ladies,

Today was a good day eating wise. My workout was strikezone, it kind of stunk, my hr did not get up there and my calorie burn was low, so I was disappointed with my workout this morning but at least I did it. :(

Kate hope Gina isn't getting sick. Glad you got your workout in.
Katie hope your feeling better soon.
Robin just a little stressed? It will be okay, just breathe.:)
Emily the CSA sounds awesome, but I don't think I could eat all those veggies. I will have to check out the link.
Angie BM2 boot camp is my favorite premix. You sweat buckets with that one. :D
Tracey nice to meet you.
Colleen hope you can get some rest this evening.
Steph hope your doing ok. (((HUGS)))
Hi Shirl.

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.