!!!!! cLEAN & tidy TGIFriday !!!!!

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Thank goodness it's Friiiiiiiiiddaaaaaayyy!!!

What is up with you today and for the rest of the weekend?

QUESTION OF THE DAY: When is your birthday??

Yay, FRIDAY!

I am so happy -- I need a break from my job! I should have a half way laid back day today, hopefully get some more things done. I have a stack sky high of crap I need to catch up on.

I talked to Collin late last night, he is having a good time. He said, "Mom, what are you doing?" He is having so much fun he is not missing me, that's good.

Workout today is GS BSB, last time for a long time. Last week when I did this workout, I was able to go heavier on a lot of things. I really wanna keep that up today. I will take measurements tomorrow and post my results.

Next week will be an endurance recovery week.

Menu today:

B protein shake
S half sandwich
L grilled chicken and veggies
S fruit, Fiber One
D chipotle chicken and black beans.....??

QUESTION: Sorry, I couldn't resist.... My birthday is MONDAY, the 28th!! I will be 26, hahaha! Today is the official start of my "birthday weekend." }(

Morning girls...TGIF:)

Happy birth-weekend Katie!What are your plans for the weekend?

I'm going to do endurance w/o next week in order to rest up for next month. Sunday I'm going to do some bootcamp.

(Q)Do any of you like the slow and heavy series?

I was able to get a good night rest and today is my rest day.
b-oatmeal
s-PB on rice cake
l- fish and ??
d-??

Last night I ate two slices of pizza so I guess that was my cheat meal. Today I will have to keep it clean and tidy. Well off to work now.

Chat later

Katie, Good news about Collin. I'm happy for BOTH of you! Do you and Chris have any special plans for you birthday?

Robin, TGIF, for sure! Looking forward to a relaxing weekend w/ my girls. Enjoy your rest day.

I am belching like crazy from that ONE STINKIN' ONION RING last night! Isn't that crazy? Thank goodness I didn't eat more.

Be back for menu & workout.

Workout will be Classical Stretch Total Body this afternoon. Tonight I'll do 45 min. steady state - maybe LowMax step combos.

menu:
b - Kashi, 3/4 of a medium apple, couple bites of 9-grain toast, 1 tsp. pb
s - fruit: probably a banana
l - scr. egg whites, orange pepper, salsa(homemade!), maybe a slice of 9-grain toast
s - ???
d - ??? will check out recipe books, but I'm thinking stir fry

need to help Gina - bbl

I'm at work now and just finished reading last night posts.

Jenn what is your fav coffee creamer? I love hazelnut.

I hope your talk with DH went well last night Kate.

Katie I'm glad that Collin is enjoying himself. I hope his dad does not give you a hard time.

Robin, are you considering Slow and Heavy for February? I am hoping that I get it for my birthday, and may go with that for Feb.

Kate, I have also asked for some Classical Stretch for my b-day, do you like it??

No huge plans for the weekend. Sunday night my friends are taking me to dinner at Chilis for my FAV chicken fajitas!! Mmmmmmm!

I had one blueberry Kashi waffle for b'fast with my protein shake. When I only have liquids, so solid food, until about 10 am, my stomach does not feel well. I figured the waffle was a good choice for something solid.

BBL!

PS No one else is telling is when their birthday is!!

Robin, I have S&H series but I've never done a consistent rotation with them.

My bday is Oct. 27. Whenever I see the clock read 10:27 it makes me smile! Anybody else ever notice their birthday on the clock or am I the only goon?

Katie, I've only done CS one time but it was a very good stretch. Miranda is not the world's best cuer but for stretch that's not super important. I have the feeling I'll just get to know it and not need the cueing so much anyway.

Talk didn't happen last night. I didn't feel like I could "fight fair" (I was in a really bad mood) so I just went to sleep early (10:30!). Slept til 5:30, so a great night's sleep for me.

Hoping to have a really great, productive day today. I'm going to work hard this AM w/ Isabel to get the house picked up (we'll do some Mary Poppins-type games to help). This PM I want to do lots of fun stuff w/ my girls...AND NO WORK!!!` I'm burnt out on it. I feel like taking DDs away for the weekend to do some girls stuff & just let DH work in peace and quiet... I won't do it, but it would be nice. He's working Sat. AM, will definetly do fun stuff w/ DDs then too.

Have a great morning!

Good Morning,

Yes, TGIF!!!! I slept in this morning; so I'm feeling rushed. I have a lot to do before I go to work. Workout is upper body+ & abs/core+. I ate 7 dark chocolate chips last night and a 1/2 cup lowfat ice cream. Not too bad for me. :)

My birthday is May 18th - I'll be 40 and fabulous! ;)

Katie, Wishing you a great birthday weekend. Enjoy your chicken fajitas - they are so yummy! Thank God Collin is having a good time, but I'm sure he misses his Mommy. There's no one like Mommy!

Kate, I want Classical Stretch - you and Steph make it sound so good!How did the talk go? Are you going out?

Robin, Kudos for being a child advocate! We need more people like you in our world! Hope the day goes by fast for you? Yes, I liked the Slow and Heavy series. It produces some good results. A couple years ago, DH and I went to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Soul 2 Soul Tour ago. It was fantastic; he is sexy and she is gorgeous! I'm sure he's singing that song to you!

Steph, What do you have going on this weekend? How's the trainer; please give details. Do you know what type of certification he has?

Colleen, You deserve a quiet Friday and weekend.

Jenn, Keep plugging away; the snacks will happen less and less. How'd your workout go? Do you like SF - I've never done the workout as produced; only the lower body and balance premixes. I like them.

Have a good day everyone!

menu
b-oatmeal & banana
s-egg whites
l-garlic chicken breast sausage(no casing-ewwww) and veggies
s-pb on ww
d-homemade pizza and salad - oh, I eat 3 slices of pizza and they're not small but they are loaded with veggies!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Kate,

I missed your post. It sounds like a good night's sleep helped some. Have fun with the girls and I hope you get a chance to talk to DH. Yes, I notice birthdays and the last 4 digits of phone numbers on the clock. So, you're not the only goon! tee hee

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl, What are dk. choc. chip??!! Good portion-control!!! Your pizza sounds yummy. I made homemade pizza this week and loaded ham and pineapple on it. My fave pizza combo! Also love double mushroom and sausage, onion, green pepper....

DH just picked up Gina to take her to school, which he RARELY does. I think he's trying to get back in my good graces! He knows he's in the dog house!

Kate,

The dark choc. chips are Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate. They are divine! I bet Gina's excited that her daddy is taking her to school! At least he knows he's in the dog house; that's a start.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning Everyone!

I decided to come to work today because I have this meeting that I have postponed 3x's scheduled for today. I just want to get it our to the way.

I am a Valentine's Day Baby with red hair to match my birthday.

Kate, sounds like you have a great day planned with DD's.
Katie, have a wonderful birthday weekend.
Robin, good plan for next week. Which bootcamp are you planning to do - 4DS or the original?
Shirl, do you normally do stretch workouts? I usually don't do them but I am thinking about starting.

BBL with today's plans!

Colleen

Colleen, Too cool! A Valentines bday! I haven't been one to do stretch workouts but the longer I work out the more I see how necessary they are. I just have trouble making time for them. It's hard enough to make time to do the sweaty part! Hope work goes good for you today!

Steph, How's it going back to work!

Hell, Jenn! Hope you keep motivated today!!

Good morning Lean ladies!!

Work is crazy!! I cant seem to catch up at all, and i'm lazy, lol

Katie, happy early Birthday!!! My birthday was last Saturday, as you all know, January 19th, and i was 31......

Robin, you are a spring baby! I dont have the slow and heavy series, but as with all Cathe workouts, its on the wish list!

Kate, see, you are so rational, no fighting that's not fair, good for you! And i knew i liked you for a reason, October 27th is my mom's birthday!!

Shirl, fit and fab at 40 is right!!!My trainer is from Germany, trained in the German Army, then certified here. I start full time Feb 6th! I will fill you in every session!

Colleen, valentines day baby, that's awesome. Double reason to eat chocolate!

Well, i tried Bare essentials makeup last night, my friend says now that i'm into my 30's..i need this now. Day one, took me like 1/2 hour to figure it out!!

Workout: i think 4D BC/core
Menu:
B: come on.
s: 1/2 cup sodium free cc/almonds, and pp
l: veggie soup, carrots/celery, hummus, apple
s: ryveta/almond butter
d: steamed veggies/lentils/tomato puree, yogurt
s: cc/kamut puffs
BBL!
Steph

Steph, How often will you go to the trainer "full time"? That is so awesome! I've always said I would like to go to military boot camp just to get my butt kicked everyday by somebody! I've never heard of bare essentials makeup. But then again I don't wear any so I'm as bare as it gets! Fun workout, awesome menu. How was your oatmeal?:7

I ate a mini pb cup frozen. It was delicious! I'm working hard around the house - it's already burned off!

Just posting my extras - I probably should have added almonds to breakfast.
Snack extras - lowfat jalepeno cheese, 6 lowfat wheat thins, 10 baby carrots dipped in about 2 tbls lowfat sour cream dip I made.

I have to get ready for work. I'll check in tonight.

I forgot I had a 1 1/2 cups lowfat chocolate milk after my workout - YUM!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Colleen,
Yes, I stretch daily. I teach a flexibility class on Monday nights to competition dancers(ages 11-18). I find stretching soothing.

Steph, I use Bare Escentuals makeup; when I wear makeup. It'll take you minutes to apply it before you know it.

I don't feel like going to work today. It's so cold and snowy. I'll have fun once I'm there and I only work for 4 hours! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey ladies, just checking in. Lunch hour -- that means the day is (more than) half over! I flew home, tore thru the door, and pulled my sweatpants on!! Hahaha!

Just talked to Collin, still having a good time. I also talked to Frank, and expressed my position. He agreed that Collin should go to school, etc. He will have him this weekend and next, with some visits during the week (at MY home!)

Clean lunch is complete, better grab my snacks and get back to work. Wait, gotta change back into my work uniform first! Maybe if I showed up there in sweatpants, they would send me home for the day....... Hmmmmm.........}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.