:::::::::: cLEAN & tidy TGIFriday ::::::::::

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Thank goodness it's FRIDAY!!

Looking ahead, what are your plans for the weekend?

For today, what's in store for your menu and workout?

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Do you think I will have fun at the beach? Do you think I will ever find a wedding dress that I love? Haha, just kidding, can't think about much else this morning, so someone else feel free to step in with a better question!

A few minutes to drink my coffee, check on my girls, and then I need to get to it! I think I am going to do BM2 combos -- short and intense, maybe add on a few of the circuits. Then once Chris wakes up, we will do GS BSB. Shower, pack, off to the beach -- hope to be on the road by 8 am! We are stopping in Richmond for breakfast and to pick up my wedding dress. We should arrive at our hotel by hopefully 2 or 3 pm or so after we stop a couple of times. Tonight we are having dinner at the restaurant that is hosting our post-wedding dinner. Tomorrow we have appointments to meet with our violinist, walk thru our beach house, and hopefully locate a florist and hair stylist! Sunday we will leave to come home, stop again in Richmond for Mama to try on some more wedding dresses (please keep me in your thoughts on this one!) and hopefully be absolutely in love with one! Then we are meeting up with my mom to tour her new house that is being built, then back home by Sunday evening. Whew!

Eating will of course be iffy, but I am prepared! I have packed some Luna Bars (blueberry yogurt) for breakfasts, lots of baggies of apple slices, whole grain wheat thins, and Fiber One bars. So I am set with healthy snacks! Oh yes, and LOTS of bottled water! I am shooting for 50% clean this weekend. Knowing that I have to try on wedding dresses at the END of my weekend should be the motivation I need to keep it clean this weekend!

I don't believe that my hotel has internet, but I will check in if I can! Otherwise I will be home on Sunday with details and probably some pictures.

Happy Early Birthday, Stephanie!!

Katie,

My predictions are you will have a GREAT weekend and find a dress you will LOVE! Your plans sound like a lot of fun; finding a florist,hair stylist and more wedding activities. Good idea with the healthy snacks and the motivation to try to keep it clean. I hope the workout went well and have a safe trip! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning

:) :) Yes Katie to both questions! Enjoy your weekend and don't be surprise if we show up on the beach with you. I will have a Cathe t-shirt,shorts and hot pink leg warmers. LOL

My sleep was great from 9:30 to 1:30am, then from 4:30 to 6:00. So
5 1/2 hours of sleep is not bad.;-)

Happy b-day to ya, Happy b-day to ya, happy birthdaaay!:*
Steph Remember b-day cake has no calories in it ;-)

No w/o today rest day for me.
b-fiber one bar
s-apple
l-?
s-?
d- left over lasagna:9

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so glad it is Friday. I definitely need a rest weekend. Today is jammed packed with meetings as usual, which means it will be a challenge to get everything done and leave at a reasonable hour. But once I leave it is the weekend!

Katie have a wonderful time at the beach! It sounds like a lot of fun planning for your wedding. I hope your dress works out.
Robin, sorry you haven't been sleeping well. Maybe now that the weekend is coming your insomnia will go away. I love the pink leg warmers :-D
Shirl, what's your menu for the day?

w/o was SUB, pilates and yoga, shoveling snow
b: whole grain bagel w/ lowfat cream cheese (I have been craving a bagel for weeks).
l: Adobo pork, edamame, brown rice
s: strawberries & yogurt
d: tbd

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Katie, Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - how fun!

Shirl, Hope you have a good day!

Robin, Love the leg warmers too! Enjoy your rest day - sounds like you need it!

Colleen, Busy day for you again? Good workout! Hope you can relax a little tonight.

menu:
b - 1 scr. egg, 3 whites, red pepper, salsa
s - banana
l - fajita salad
s - ??
d - making cheeseburgers for the fam. I'll have mine w/ no cheese or bun, on romaine with tomato. I might make oven fries too - we'll see.

Will workout tonight just not sure which one. I think I'm going to switch to a circuit-style rotation.

Steph, Whatcha doin' on Bday Eve???

Good Morning!

Robin, Pink leg warmers, cute! I hope you get some sleep this weekend too!

Colleen, Are you preordering Amy's &/or Tracey's? I think I might get Amy's In the Ring and maybe a 3 pack from Tracey - Core, Circuit and Strike. I can't remember the exact titles but that's what I think I might get. I'm still on the fence. Thanks for the menu reminder.

menu
b-yogurt, banana & granola
s-protein shake
l-tuna, large salad
s-apple and nat.pb
d- yesterday's menu, we had pizza last night

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Kate,

You snuck in on me! How's it going today! What circuit do you think you'll do? I'm going to start Upper Body+ and Abs/core+ soon. Have a good day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hello clean and tidy peeps!!

Its freaking cold here today, and going down over the weekend...gonna freeze my butt off.

I'm still sore today, that guy near killed me, lol..that's what i'm paying him for. and he's cute.

Katie, have a wonderful, wonderful, restful, fun time! I hope the dress thing goes well. Question: Yes, yes and yes for sure :) Thank you for the early b-day wishes too, very very sweet to remember in your excitment.

Shirl, i agree about your menu is making me hungry, and i want both Amy's and Tracey's new workouts, lol!

Robin, forget cake, i want some of your lasagna! Did you sleep well last night? I hope better than the night before.

Colleen, shovel max huh? What pilates workout do you do?

Kate, eat the bun!! I feel its my fault your afraid of the carbs. I never intended for that. I'd feel better if you have your with a sweet potato or something....dietitian intervention :)
I left my upper body alone last night, did B&G's, minus the guts last night. I will try to lift tomorrow.
Tonight, i think 4D BC and core maybe? and clean max...
BBL
Steph

Shirl, Thanks for that link! That's one I was thinking about doing.

Steph, It;s freezing here too. Are you still walking the dogs? Glad you've got some good soreness! Wish I could join you training with him.

Re the bun: I've been leaving the buns alone for a long time. Processed carbs and me do not agree. Maybe you can shed some light on this: (TMI alert!) I get constipated so easy its unbelievable. You guys see what I eat and I hardly ever poop! We're talking 2x weekly - 3 max. My poor belly gets so distended. Even eating all that salsa, fruits, veggies, drowning myself with water, and cardio. 3x a week is about all my poor bowels can muster. Does anybody else get this? I should be a freakin' salad shooter! Any insight would be appreciated!

Kate,

Do you eat whole grains - breads, pasta, brown rice, ww pita, etc.? If I don't, I have major potty problems and I eat lots of fruits and veggies too. I agree with Steph, have a sweet potato with your meal. The "freakin'salad shooter" comment is killing me! ROFLMAO :D:D

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

On the whole grains fornt, when I DO have carbs it is whole grains (cereals for breakfast, 9-grain bread) but it still doesn't seem to make a difference. I actually find that when I restrict them more I get better results "on the throne". Lately I've been avoiding most carbs to try to lean out a little and it's been working. But I know long-term I need to add them back in. I can't ever remember being a daily pooper. When I was pregnant I'd only go about once a week. Poor DH had a regular date to plunge our toilet!!!

Regarding the salad shooter...being married to a plumber you have no idea the amount of toilet/bathroom talk I know. My personal favorite is the GWT....Great White Throne!

> I can't ever remember being a daily pooper.
> When I was pregnant I'd only go about once a week. Poor DH
>had a regular date to plunge our toilet!!!
>
>Regarding the salad shooter...being married to a plumber you
>have no idea the amount of toilet/bathroom talk I know. My
>personal favorite is the GWT....Great White Throne!

Kate,
:D:D:D:D:D

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Ladies! I hope it's okay to butt into your thread...

I am working on cleaning up my eating with the goal of eating 95% clean. (I will need some cheat foods!!) Anyway, here is my question. I was shopping for cleaning eating books/cookbooks yesterday and I was somewhat overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Kelly, Hello!!! I don't really use any particular cook book. I just try to make healthy versions of meals in cook books I have already (omit oils, add veggies, leaner cuts of meat). I try to eat lots of fruits & veggies (I have somewhat of an addiction to salsa!) & lean proteins. Per discussion today I need to up my grains. Feel free to check in with us!

Hey the day is 1/2 over and I have not cheated...yet.

Hi Kelly the first book I read on clean eating was this one
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Clean-Diet-Fat-Loss-lasts-Forever/dp/1552100383

Oxygen Magazine also has some good receipes and advice on clean eating.

Shirl that circuit workout looks like fun.Thanks ladies I hope I sleep good tonight.Tracey had a new 3pack w/o? Oh nooooo.:eek:

Steph in Oxygen Fat Lose issue (winter 2008) this lady ate
MVP isologic, BCAA
maltodextrine and glutamine
What is this used for?

Hi again,

Hi Kelly, I don't use a particular book or cookbook. I modify recipes or use recipes and tips from Oxygen magazine. I believe quite a few women on this site like Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet.

Robin, Tracey actually has 5 new workouts coming within the next 6 months or less. The presale started today for all of them. Congratulations on no cheats! I haven't cheated today either!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.