Clean and Tidy...Sunday 17 June

carrie123

Cathlete
Had to make sure no one's posted yet.

I know everyone is probably very busy with Father's Day today. We're taking DH/DF to an 1812 war reenactment. It should be a good time. There's going to be a 19th magician act there as well.

Have a great day everyone!!! We're grilling out today, so it'll be pretty easy to eat clean for me...mmmmmm grilled veggies:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Morning, Carrie and all who follow. :)

Owwwww!!! I woke up this morning with a TERRIBLE sore throat. It actually started hurting so badly, it woke me up last night. My head hurts and it hurts to even swallow. It was TORTURE to drink my morning water. I am not sure how I could have gotten sick but I know I am because the "stuff" that's coming up from my throat is a nice, bright yellow color (I know, TMI, but doesn't that mean infection?). So, my day of swimming laps and doing weights is probably scratched.

Last night I went to Pappadeaux's for dinner. I was worried I wouldn't find anything clean but I actually ended up eating really clean. I had a couple of raw oysters, salad, steamed vegetables, and grilled tuna (I told them to grill it DRY with no oils or butters). I was really glad to be abe to eat clean while I was out.

Anyway, I am probably going to lie around and feel sorry for myself today! DF and I were planning on working in the yard but I think he might be going solo on that. We also have a barbeque to go to, but I'm going to play that one by ear. I just took some Tylenol, so hopefully that will help. I really want to work out because I didn't work out Friday or Saturday, but I know that's probably not a good idea.

This is really not how I wanted to spend my Sunday. :(

Hi, Everyone!

We'll be having baked sea bass :9 for Father's day dinner. This is DH's favorite fish. Thankfully, it was on sale, otherwise, I would have been tempted to go with steaks which he really loves.

Carrie - How is your recovery going? Hope you are doing well!

Phyllis - Yes, I make my own soups. I'll make a large pot so that there are leftovers. Then, I freeze individual portions in ziplocs. That way they are handy for my lunches. I'm not much of a sandwich girl, so it helps keep me out of trouble on busy days.

Lorie - So sorry that you're not feeling well. Yes, yellow junk does sound like an infection.:-(. Take it easy.
:) on your DF buying Tosca's book.

Stephanie - Do you tent camp? I haven't been in a couple of years, but we used to take the kids to PA at least once a year

Laura - That PMS/TTOM is a killer. I think that is one of the hardest times to eat clean! It's amazing how suddenly the cravings can vanish when its over...good luck.

Take care, All,

Patty

Carrie - Have fun at the reenactment...I've always thought those looked interesting. I hope you're feeling better today.

Phyllis - Thank you for your words of encouragement yesterday. I guess I never looked at it like that.

Laura - Keep telling yourself "It will be over soon" and then, poof, no more insane cravings :p.

Lorie - Oh, {{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you feel better soon, rest up. BTW, I love, love, love L&G. I have to watch how much weight I use when I work lower body because I bulk up FAST!! I love that I can keep the weight light to moderate and still get a great leg workout with that one.

Patty - That sounds delish!

Well, I'm revelling in these two days off. I had such big plans to do a massive workout this morning but the body said "REST"...I'll go nuts tomorrow }(. Instead, I've spent the morning getting my picture trail up and running, mowing the lawn, gardening, etc...it's been a nice change of pace.

I am going to try to eat squeaky clean during the day today and a little less than my normal menu. My SO and I are going out to dinner tonight and I want to enjoy myself for a change. Other than that I have nothing on my agenda for today and tomorrow.

B - spanish egg white omelette, steel cut oats with cherries
L - salad with leftover red snapper, apple
S - don't know yet

I hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day,
Wendi

I went and brushed my teeth last night and didn't eat another bite!! :)

Today was pretty good. However, our whole family went to the village to visit one of the rural churches with my husband. That means that your whole eating menu and schedule is in their hands!!

Because everything here revolves around an agrarian schedule, they get up at dawn, work till around 10, then have breakfast. So lunch is around 2 or 3!

We finished church around 12:30, so, since lunch wasn't ready, they served us "snack" (yes, at 12:30) of these crispy little sugar cookies that are popular here, plus sodas. That is such a splurge for them that, in order not to be rude, I ate 2 little cookies and had a couple sips of DH's soda. (For a rural African family, a soda is really expensive, so they were being EXTREMELY generous to us.) My kids were of course starved by this time, so I let them just go ahead and eat whatever cookies they wanted. (In general, I try not to be a drill sergeant with my kids but at the same time limit their sugar and encourage them to make healthy choices.)

At 2:30 were were served lunch: matooke (delicious cooking bananas), rice, beans, and tiny servings of lean beef. I ate a little of everything. It's pretty clean fare in and of itself, except that there are no veggies.

The PMS cravings have been almost non-existent today. Isn't that weird? Hormones are just crazy--peaking and dipping.

Patty & Wendi--Thanks for the encouragement yesterday!

Laura

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I ate a bit too much at lunch because we ate late and I was really hungry. I'll try very hard to eat clean and lighter at dinner! The grilled veggies sound yummy, Carrie! I'm making DH one of his favorite dinners tonight--baked spaghetti casserole with lots of cheese--so I'll have to have only a bite!! I can do it because I really don't like all that cheese. We'll have salad, too, so that'll be good. Have a great Sunday, and I'll "see" you tomorrow, Clean Eaters!
Valerie

Hello ladies! Long time, no see -- my waistline can vouch for that!!

I have not been eating clean since the first week of clean eating about a month or so ago. It really helped me a lot, so I am back.

I went on vacation first week of June, and REALLY let lose. I didn't gain, so then I felt like I had license to keep eating crap -- I felt like I "got away with it."

So I am back, probably for about another week -- as clean as possible. Then I will move more towards "tidy" -- hopefully for the long haul.

I have done great so far today, but we are grilling out for dinner tonight. The menu includes barbeque chicken breasts with cheddar cheese and bacon on top and chipotle lime corn. Really not so bad when you think about it, but full fat cheese and bacon are two things that I really don't think of as "clean."

Workout this morning was BM2 -- cardio and circuits, then chest and triceps.

Have a great day, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.