()()()Clean&Tidy Monday()()()

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

Well, girls are at school and it was easier and harder than I thought. Annabel walked right into her classroom with her teacher and kissed us goodbye. Ellie didn't cry but was saying, "I don't want to go to my school." But her teacher took her hand and she was fine. We did hear Annabel yelling, "Mommy" but not crying.

It was just depressing when we got back home (thankfully Ryan took one more day off and came with me) and it was SOOOO quiet without them. We both decided working out would help!

So, just finished KPC and I LOVED IT! I've done the Fit TV version and thought it was good but this was great! Holy sweat-a-thon! Here's the stats:

Time: 70 min
Cal: 509
HR high:188
HR avg: 140

Quickly, Anne thanks for joining me yesterday! I actually enjoy the leg presses. I have a soft spot for them because I did them so much in the firm and I feel like it contributed to getting me in really good shape (pre-kids)! Have fun with KPC today! I could not do those plank feet on the ball things - is she kidding?!?!

I need to hop in the shower and get ready to pick up the girls in an hour so I'll BBL for personals!

Have a great Monday!

angie

Angie, I thought of you last night with the girls heading off to a new school in a new country. Sounds like they did really well -- and mommy too -- give everyone hugs and kisses from me when you meet them for lunch! And kudos to Ryan for taking another day off -- it's a really big day for his girls (all 3!)!!

I will be thinking of the other moms today too as you send your kids back to school. Kate, I read last night that Gina was already crying:( This mom, for one, can't wait to get her child to preschool -- i've had enough!!! Sorry if that sounds harsh, but Collin and I really get along better when we are NOT together all day long! Some days I don't know how I stayed home with him for as long as I did (1.5 yrs).

Klaudia, I'm sorry you are dealing with some unpleasant side effects from meds right now, I hope you figure out something soon.

WO this morning will be 4DS Double Cardio (dedicated to Kate, since I told her several days / weeks ago that I was going to do it and haven't yet). I am so interested to see my stats on my HRM on this one!!

I'll report back at breakfast!

WO done...

time 58:07
cals 395
ave HR 138

At the half-way point, I had burned 211 cals, so I burned LESS during HIS than LIS.....??? Even though my HR was higher...??? Anyway, having the HRM is really enlightening.

Off to work:rolleyes:

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again......:D Back to schooooooool

Good going with the calories burn ladies.
Katie so you burned less calories are the w/o went on??? I've read that any cardio after 45 min you don't burn calories but muscles. I'm not sure if that is true.

Angie the girls are in a new school. do their teacher's speak English?

My w/o GS BSB
b-egg whites
l-left ove ground beef and ??
d-??

morning all - quick post as i am at work!

good workouts katie, robin, and angie! hope school goes well for all.

today i am super stressed but really determined. i did some elliptical and bw bearing leg stuff. must walk dog later.

kate, thanks for the recipes! bbl sorry so short

we got a 2-hr delay today!!!! gina and i are beyond excited!!!:D

great wo's ladies!!!

angie, hugs to your girls! i hope they have a good day today! and you too! nice for you and ryan to get some time alone together!

katie, i might need to do that wo now!! and i do think some separa:ption from the kids is nice, i just hate that its 8-4:30,.:mad:

robin, lol at your song! have a great day!

wo - cardio and stretching.
b - wheat chex, apple slices
l - egg bake w/ mushrooms, red pepper, and onion mmmmm!
d - taco salad
snacks-????

morris, i posted 2 recipes last night.
oatmeal cookies and chocolate pie

Happy Back to School Day!;)

Can you tell I'm excited that vacation's over? Katie, I'm with ya. My girls get along better when they're not together ALL day. I was getting tired of the screams coming from my 2 year old when she played with her sister. Today starts my circuit rotation. I'm planning on doing HSC. Eats should be clean. I think I'm going to make fajitas with the leftover grilled chix for dinner.

Angie, I'm glad things went well this morning. It's hard enough sending your kids to school, add in a foreign country and language and wow! I like KPC too!:)

Katie, nice workout! Thanks for the support. Having asthma is a bummer, but I'm going to be more proactive with my health and try not to rely on so many meds to treat symptoms. I'm going to try and work on treating the cause. The possible side effects of the medicine I started taking last month are frightening! I don't want to experience them.

Robin, your song made me giggle-that's how I feel, too!

Hi Kate, Anne, Colleen, and Morris:)

b-cereal, fruit
s-egg whites, fruit
l_?
s-?
d-?

bbl...

Morning, everyone! So, the plan was to get up early today and do KPC before work. Of course, I was a sleepyhead and didn't get up until 7:36. Oh, well, I'll do it after work, then I have tap class.

Angie, I like leg presses, too, as I was a Firmie. I lived in South Carolina for a couple years and went to one of their studios for classes. That's when I really started exercising regularly. That was in 1992, my goodness! I didn't even know about home videos until I saw them for sale at The Firm. Then I found out about videofitness.com, where I discovered Cathe. I think my first tape of hers was PowerMax. I love that work out.

Glad to hear all the kiddos got off to school, except yours Kate. I heard the gl school closing on the radio this morning and thought of you.

Hi to everyone, I'll bbl for personals.

anne

klaudia, enjoy the peace & quiet today!
currently my girls are singing songs about butts & tushies! its really funny!:D

anne, i was a sleepyhead today too! have fun tappin' tonight! where do you take your classes? sounds wierd but i would love to take gymnastic classes. just dont make me wear a leotard!:eek:

Good Morning Everyone!

I am stuffed and tired this morning. Last night the appetizers kept on coming and we thought they would never stop. Way too much food. They had cheesecake for dessert but luckily I don't like white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake so I was not tempted to eat any. We got home late and therefore I slept late so I will have to try to workout tonight.

Katie, I am glad you are enjoying your HR monitor. I think I have the F6 because they F7 wasn't available went I got mine.
Kate, YEAH - 2 hour delay! It gives everyone more time to get ready for school.
Angie, glad Ryan was there to help you take the girls to school. I hope they have a great first day.
Morris, take a few deep breaths - that always helps me when I am really stressed (or I take a walk outside if I am at work)
Klaudia, glad you are going to enjoy less fighting today.
Anne, I was a sleepyhead too. I guess it is expected the first Monday after a holiday.
Robin, I guess you are excited your kids are back in school. Enjoy your quiet day!

w/o tbd
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: clementime
l: tbd
s: mixed veggies, apple
d: tilapia, rice, veggies

Well, Ellie was a wreck when we picked her up. The teacher said she didn't want to participate in anything and just cried.:( We'll be trying again tomorrow. She'll figure it out!

Annabel was actually OK. She said, "Mommy, I missed you." But didn't cry. We came home and ate lunch and then played pretty pretty princess and read some books. Annabel goes back at 2 but Ellie stays home. So, Ryan put Ellie down for a nap and I took Anna back. She cried this time. I hate it! So hopefully she'll be ok when I get back.

Katie, I don't quite understand what happened to your HR with double cardio. I would have expected close to 500 out of that except for the fact that it's shorter. I promised myself that when I bought my HR monitor that I wouldn't get to attached to what the calorie burn said. I'm sure you still had a great WO!

Robin, I'm glad you're happy to have your kids in school. I honestly never really understood that until recently. I think living in Tucson helped out b/c there was always something fun to do with the kids. Here, we're kind of holed up! Both of the girls' teachers speak English pretty well so that's really comforting!

Morris, sorry you're having a stressful day - deep breaths!

Kate, I'm so glad you got more time with your girls this morning. Back in Tucson, the kids started school at 7:30 a.m. I could NOT handle that. I think it would make for a grumpy start to each and every morning!

Klaudia, I hear you on the 2 y/o screams! It's so quiet this afternoon with just Ellie home! They play together pretty well but sometimes it's just madness. I hope you're feeling better!

Anne, I'm so jealous that you actually got to go to the firm gym. I really enjoyed those workouts for a long time. They were the first time I really used weight training (all be it light weight training!). They just got a little corny and boring for me once I discovered Cathe! Good luck with KPC tonight!

Colleen, good luck with your WO tonight. Sorry about all the food last night. My husband is a walking bad food machine. He just went to the store to get dessert b/c he's sad about losing some papers and needs "something to cheer him up." :) I would have been able to avoid that cheesecake too. Sweets aren't my weak point...

OK. 90 more min til I pick up Annabel! Please keep my little girl in your prayers. She's so sensitive and just needs a good first day!

BBL.
angie

Just picked up Annabel and she was ear to ear grins! What a relief!!! She even hugged a new friend and I "talked" to her Mom a bit.

Now time for dinner. PBJ for Annabel - such a trooper! Oh, how I love my kids!

yay annabel & mommy!!! so happy for you guys!

hey klaudia!

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! ive been on the phone w/ the irs ALL MORNING!!!!!!
finally done! business stuff - blech!:p

i will not stress eat. i had a clementine and some fiber crackers!:)

YAY for ANNABELL!! Hugs and kisses to you both!!

Colleen, pass the cheesecake to Kate, she needs it after dealing with the IRS!

Klaudia, I really hope you find some relief soon!

I read everyone's posts from work this morning, and now I have forgotten!! Sorry!!

Lunch is leftovers of my cleaned-up pepperoni bread. I think it's better the next day. NO CLUE on snack this afternoon -- this morning was an apple and almonds. Any ideas??

Oh no not the IRS :confused:

Angie good for Anabel give Elle a big hug and some hotchocolate.

Colleen did you enjoyed yourselve last night.

Klaudia what's your w/o for today?

I'd decided to have beef stew for dinner. I'm getting sick of chicken and plus I saw a recipe that uses apple cidar vinegar with beef stew. I'm scared to try it.:eek:

I have not done heavy weight work in over 2 months so the gym style felt good and hard. I was supprise that I was able to use the weight selection that I used the last time. I guess I feel it tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.