////////// cLEAN & tidy monday \\\\\\\\\\

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Monday, Ladies!

I don't mind Mondays when I don't have to work, hahahaha!

Anyone else off today?

Tell us about your day!

I am going to attempt IMAX3 for the first time today -- I scared!}( I picked today because I have plenty of time for the learning curve, plus I know I can take a nap later! I will let you know shortly how it goes!

I am starting Slow & Heavy this week, for the next two weeks, to get used to it and see how my body responds. SHIRL or anyone, do you think it would be okay if I did these out of order? Can I do...
T S&H C & B
T S&H B& T
S S&H L & S
...just switching the order of the 2nd and 3rd workout?

I am getting really really excited about my upcoming 12 week program. I am putting a lot of thought into my workouts and also how to clean up my diet and change it up a bit.

As I said, today I am off. After IMAX3 and showermax, I hope to get Collin to play upstairs with me (we brought home the Lion King on VHS, so I am going to see if he will watch that) so I can get some packing done -- I would like to get thru my bedroom closet today. We are moving in LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!:D I also need to hit up the grocery store, clean out my car, and go to Target AGAIN! Oh yes, and I need to mail out Collin's Birthday party invitations.

Have a good day, check back later!

Hi Katie,

That looks fine. If you haven't tried Imax 3 yet, I suggest doing some of the blasts with just the platform. Hope it goes well for you.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Katie, Enjoy your day off and good luck w/ Imax3!

Good AM, Shirl!

Well, I am sick sick sick. My throat is RAW and my nose is full of snotty junk. I haven't been sick in well over a year. I can't even remember the last time I had a snotty nose. Hopefully I get feeling better as I wake up a little more.

b - wheat chex, apple
s - ??
l - tortilla soup & ???
s - ??
d - ??

Quite honestly food sounds reulsive right now. Ugh - I hate feeling like this.

Workout was PLANNED to be Imax2. I really really want to do it. We'll see. Did I say yet that I hate feeling sick? I'll definetly do CS. I hope.

Have a good day!

Oh Kate! I'm sorry! I hope it goes away!

Shirl, thanks for the advice. I just finished IMAX3 so I didn't see what you wrote until I was done -- whoops! Anyway....

I DID IT, AND I LOVE IT!!!

I modified some -- I am not good all a lot of jumping, but the only way to get better is practice!

Shirl, when you say I should do 2 interval cardios and 1 steady state, do you mean HIIT? Or just anything with blasts? The cardios I have are....

IMAX2/C&W
IMAX3
LIC
DM
BM2
Kick Max
Low Max
SJP/SB
4DS
and I plan to buy RS/MIC/IMAX very soon

Sorry to ask so many questions!

Morning ladies.

Katie the ordered of S& H looks ok to me, as long as you rest(no weight work) 2 days after doing all three.

Feel better Kate and drink some tea with honey for your throat.

DID YOU SEE THE NEW BLOG PICS? I'm in love with the new guy Robert...cutie pie and bicepts to die for. He will make me want to w/o everyday :* .

In fact there is 4 or 5 new people on the sts series. I haven't done a pull up since high school. I wonder if they still sell those pull up bars the goes in the doorway.

I love having a three day weekend becuase I feel so rested.
Today w/o will be Low Imp. Circuit cardio only & 4DS shoulders, core.

b-egg whites
s-?
l-tuna sandwich
s-?
d-beef ribs and veggies

I read yesterday eve posts.

Is it safe to do step cardio on Bosu Shirl? I know it is great to do core and pilates type w/o.

40 Bags of trash Katie where did you put them. Around here we can only put out 2 or 3 large garbage cans of trash. Did you donate any used cloths? It's great for a tax write-off.

Now I'm going to start my w/o but first let me look at the blog pics of Robert. :D

Hi again,

Kate, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Sending you (((hugs))). My rotation is my own as are most of the workouts.

Robin, The blog is killing me - I want STS!!! Yes, they still sell pull up bars for the doorway. I've heard good things about the Flowbar - you should google it.

Katie, If you want one of the workouts to be HIIT, the Imax blast only premixes would work. By 2 intervals, I meant either the Imaxes or one of the premixes that is more of an interval workout. I can't think off the top of my head which ones though.

The pictures they're showing of the pull ups is one of many variations of the pull-up. There are several and I'm sure she's going to use them. I am so loving the variety we're seeing. I WANT STS! wahhhh

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Robin,

Yes, it's safe to do cardio on the Bosu. But, you have to be used to the unstable surface and have to modify certain moves. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but I love it! I've been doing it for quite sometime now, so it feels like a stable surface to me. (does that make sense?) One of my all time favorite cardio workouts is Bosu Blast. There are some really good Bosu workouts on the market. I sold mine b/c I didn't use them enough(wanted more Cathe's & others) and I've been to a few Bosu trainings; so I have my own arsenal of exercises I use the Bosu for.

Here's a link to the flowbar http://www.flowbar.net/

Get to work and stop drooling! tee hee :D

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi ladies,

I have the day off too.

Kate I'm sorry your not feeling well. Try to take it easy today.

Katie Imax 3 is fun. I don't think most of the step choreo is too difficult, but some of the blasts are killer. }( You might be wanting to do napmax when your finished. :7

Shirl I think I'm going to have to cave and get STS also. Once I saw the leg workout pics I was beginning to waver and the more pictures I see the more I don't want to be left out. Predicments!!:)

Robin the guys will be a nice addition to the workout, a little eye candy never hurts. ;-)

Colleen did you have a good birthday weekend?

Hi Steph and Lori

Yesterday I did GS chest and tri's. I had to go much lighter on most of the weights. I also did Amy's HI/LO challenge premix. I love the music in that workout. It was so much fun. I have a little DOMS today but nothing major.

Todays workout will be:
KPC/LG

Menu:
b- bfast sammy, coffee
s-protien shake
l-???
s-???
d- steak, salad and baked potato

Jenn

Morning peeps!

I'm off today too, but on call for work, what you gonna do right?

Shirl, i hear ya about STS, i didnt order either, i just cant get the equipment, no room for sure. I dont know if i can take it though.

Katie, i love IMax 3 too, its the Michael Jackson and Bon Jovi :)

Kate, sorry you're sick, take it easy today, new baby is taking your energy right now. Lots of antioxidants, soup, veggies and fruit.

Robin, they are nice to look at arent they :) Robin's got a boyfriend :)

Colleen, hope today you're back to tip top shape and feeling good.

Jen: i have never done that premix, is it a goodie?

I'm taking off to the market, picking up some food stuffs.
Workout, KCM-stepbox, cardio only BC original and core

Menu:
B: oatmeal! (i accidentally grabbed the spice container with dill instead of cinnamon this morning...tasted a bit funny)
s: quark, PP/almonds
l: veg soup, celery, hummus, apple
s: ryvetea, nat PB
d: probably egg white omelette
I'm taking off, BBL
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

I guess I am the only one working today :-( My company gives me the floating holidays instead so I can use them when I want to.

Robin, I just peeked at the Blog and its good to see the guys. Maybe I should move past the pictures and read.
Katie, sorry you are sick. Hope you get better soon.
Kate, glad you made it through Imax3 - it's a great workout!
Shirl, what cardio workouts do you do on the Bosu?
Jenn, I have never done KPC/LG together. Enjoy!
Steph, sorry you are on call, but at least you don't have to sit at your desk all day and work :)

w/o was HLD no Dome
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
s: banana
l: tbd
s: orange
d: london broil w/ baked potato, veggies

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Colleen and Steph there are so many great premixes on KPC/LG. Today I'm doing the 82 minute premix. Cardio/legs/abs.

Floating holidays are good. Now when you need a day you have it.

Jenn

Colleen,

I've done just about every step workout/premix I own on my Bosu. I like some better than others. I won't attempt Amy's on my Bosu. I just did HISM2 for the second time and I think I could manage that on the Bosu. I hope your day goes by quickly.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Jenn,

That is one of my favorite KPC/L&G premixes! Enjoy it! Do you have weighted gloves? They really get that upper body working.
Enjoy your day off. :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I forgot to post my menu.

menu
b-shredded wheat, bananas & raisins
s-yogurt
l-brown rice, black bean & salsa, broccoli and cottage cheese
s-almonds & apple
d-chicken breast, sweet potato and salad
s-yogurt

Affirmation - I like myself just the way I am!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Phew! You guys are a chatty bunch! I thought I was going to get time for personnals earlier ,when there was only 7 checkins! LOL Now there are 16! Ill reread and hopefully be able to do personnals. Im at work and sometimes the phone rings after I have read personnals and by the time I come back I have it all forgot! hehe

So...I had a very relaxing weekend. It was nice. But its time to start with a clean slate:) Im starting a new rotation and eating as clean as possible. This may be a challenge, considering I have a sweet tooth but Im hoping the new Slimdown bars I bought with help. Chocolate cocoonut!:9 150 cals and 15 g of protein! And they are yummo:9 Well..as good as protein bars get I guess:)

My meals today are as follows:

B-Oatmeal. 1/2 a banana
L-WW english muffin,cheese slice,1 egg,1egg white/ lf yogurt
S-Slim down bar
D- Chili with lean meat,1 small roll and Pimeapple for dessert.

I also started checking back into Sparkpeople to keep tabs on my Carbs and Protein. I can count cals till the cows come home but there is no way I can count grams of other stuff!

O.k..Im going to read some and then come back for personnals!
Oh todays workout was a 5 mile run + GS C&T Heavy weights.

Lori:)

Hi Shirl,

No I don't have weighted gloves. I've thought about holding 3#'s but I'm not sure. I did upper body yesterday and I'm doing back, bi's and shoulders tomorrow so I don't know if it would be overkill. What do you think?

I tried drill max on my bosu. Felt a little weird, guess I would need to get more use to it.

Jenn

Thanks for the link Shirl.

I have to use lighter weights also Jenn with the Gym Style and S&H. Good w/o yesterday. YAY we all have a day off except for Colleen, sorry girl.

Shirl Affirmation - I like myself just the way I am ? Well I'll love myself once I have a flat tummy with a 4pack abs. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.