Clean & Tidy - July 3, Tues

chefkate

Cathlete
Good morning! I am so happy on so many counts. First of all, it's our 8th wedding anniversary. My, how time flies. Second, new picture on the Blog - yay! Third, I have been SO SCARED to weigh myself. I haven't done it in a month out of total real fear. Well, it was about 5 lbs less than I thought it was going to be! That is so motivating to me. I think I'm going to be a "daily weigher" again. It used to keep me on track...maybe it will again. I know it got to a point that I wasn't healthy about it, but I feel like I know more about nutrition now so hopefully everything will be alright.

I'm planning a squeaky clean day today.

b - pear & 9-grain bread
s - nuts!
l - salad: hard-boiled egg whites, mushroom, cuke, peppers (Maybe low-fat cheese. I love the taste of it w/ hb egg! IF I just have a little, isn't this okay? Good source of calcium anyway.) Probably some fruit too, just not sure which. We have so much in our house.

AWWWWWW! My DH just walked in with a huge flower arrangement for me! What an awesome guy I married! We get so busy/stressed w/ all that goes on we don't usually do anything for eachother. The biggest present of all is that we're still alive to tell about it!:7

Anyway, back to my day..
s - I always struggle here. If I eat this snack then I feel like I'm not really hungry at dinner. To eat w/ the fam it would be around 5:30. I don't want to not eat w/ them. I'll hopefully find something small that won't ruin my appetite but still keep my metabolism up.
d - Don't know if we're going out for our a-day or if I'm cooking. I love to cook so I'd kinda like to stay in. Plus, I know it will be clean. But in-laws have offered to watch the girls if we go out. We haven't had a date night in about 2 months. Either way I'm sure I'll have another salad w/ grilled chicken for my protein.

Workout - Hopefully some good cardio. However I did for the first time last night S&H L&S so maybe I won't be walking at all tonight! Wow! That was a good'un!:)

Does anyone else feel like they eat to much fruit in relation to your veggie intake? Maybe I would lose more weight if I cut back on the sugary fruit?

Well, good luck to everyone today!

Good morning Kate and all who follow!

Kate - Awwwww, what a great guy :+! Congratulations on your anniversary and the unexpected surprise the scale gave you. I have to watch the fruit/veggie ratio myself. I've started adding in extra veggie servings to my main meals to try balance it out (ie., mushrooms and spinach in my omelettes). At least it's fruit you reach for instead of something else, right :p?

Lorie - Oh, gosh hon, I hope you feel better soon. You just keep getting walloped, don't you?

Kim - I hope you are feeling better, too. Just a question...what's soya?

Yesterday was such a good day and I want to keep the momentum. Although I could barely walk this morning due to some serious DOMS from HSC and HayMax yesterday, I blasted out RS. Oh, it's so nice to be back in a good groove. It also helps that it's been delightfully cool here, therefore giving me the opportunity to workout in the morning before I have to head in to work. When it gets too hot I have to sacrifice the workouts in order to get horses ridden early before the heat and bugs get too unbearable.

B - spinach and mushroom omelette, steel cut oats with those yummy black caps
S - cottage cheese and banana
L - salad, hardboiled egg whites with guac, cherries
S - half a sweet potato, nat PB on a slice of flax seed bread
D - chipotle turkey meat loaf, asparagus, smashed cauliflower
I'm going to try to skip dessert again.

I'm pushing hard to lean out by the 16th...vacation with SO to Maine and I want to look killer in my bikini (I know, shallow much?). I know I should probably lose the PB and flax seed bread but that's my favorite part of the day ;(. Oh, what to do...?

Everyone have a great day!

Hey Wendy, (I know this off topic)

I went to Bullville the other night for dinner with friends. I drove out 17k from Newburgh and past two horse farms, were either of them yours? I had never driven that stretch of road before, what beautiful farm land is out there and there are some magnificent homes.

Jenn

LOL Wendi, where in Maine do you wear a bikini? I remember sticking my big toe in the water in Acadia Natl Park in August and freezing.

I've been MIA, as has my clean eating. I'm not planning on being very clean today either. We're having an All Family Birthday Bash this evening. Everyone in my immediate family has a birthday in June or July and we were unable to celebrate for each person this year, so we decided to have a cookout and invite a few friends this evening. I bought a small "birthday" gift for everyone. The menu doesn't include anything clean except a tossed salad. Maybe after that I'll get back on track. I hope all of you are doing better than I with your eating nutritional goals.

Happy Anniversary Kate!:)

I crawled out of bed and off my heating pad to post this AM-icky periodx(

Yesterday was tidy, I had the opportunity to scarf one of those grilled pannini sandwiches with fries-and wisely chose a large Greek salad with light balsamic instead:D Good girl tneah!
I have not totally given up my white wine (so good in the summertime, actually anytime) so I had a few glasses last night with dinner which was steamed carrots,broccoli sprouts and puffed corn cereal. I know weird combo huh?
I did PS Legs and Abs last night before the cramps hit. Good solid workout, love the retro clothing Cathe!

Today will be as Robin might say "crampmax" and "restmax". Not sure whats on the menu, but my appetite is finally under control, not very hungry.Probably Kashi cereal this am, more veggies, some peanut butter and berries.
Clean Eats to everyone, have a wonderful day. Love the pond Shelley-if you are posting today. I have a waterfall in my backyard, its so peaceful

:)

Hi guys!!!

I am running in to say hello then have to run back out. I need to shower and pack to go to DF's house (he lives in Athens which is about an hour and 10 minutes away). I am taking three of the pups (theother two do not like riding in the car) so I have to pack their stuff as well. I just did the iTread #5 60 minute run. I logged 7.2 miles, so I'm glad after two days of doing NOTHING!

My eating has been good, I just need to watch my portions. The good thing about DF's house is the he doesn't have "snacky" food like I do. Bad thing is his internet connection is not working and he hasn't had time to get it fixed. x( ! So, I probably won't be back online until Thursday. I am going to have withdrawals!!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July!!!!

Happy Anniversary, Kate!!!

Hello. One week countdown till we leave for furlough--actually we head to a conference next Wednesday and then for furlough 2 weeks after that. Wow. Considering that I'm trying to prepare to leave my house for 6 months, but eating has been pretty reasonable. Mostly tidy. Certainly not clean. But not disastrous either. I'm pretty pleased with my eating considering the stress level. The water drinking is another story!:)

I will repeat to myself, "I will drink water even when I'm busy. I will drink water even when I'm busy." I need to set that alarm to go off each hour like I said I would.

Kate, are you the one who wanted the granola bar recipe? Sorry, I've forgotten who asked.

Laura

Hi Jenn! Unfortunately those were not ours...the "blue" farm on the right is Squirrelwood (mainly rahab, some dressage and jumping) and the "red" farm on the left is Highland (Thoroughbred breeding and training). You were VERY close to us though. If you had turned right on 302 we are 3 miles down the road. I'm curious where in Bullville you went to eat as the only thing there is Villa Gaudio? That is a lovely stretch with a lot of very large, new subdivisions.

Robin, I didn't say it would be for the beach :p, more like the hotel pool LOL. We won't be too far north, though, only going up to Portland.

Have a good one,

Laura - Yes, I would love the granola bar recipe!

As far as the water...Try to make up games for yourself. When I'm really busy working it would be super easy to forget but I make tell myself to take a drink of water before and after every phone call I make and every page that I print. I go thru the water so fast!! Not sure what my boss thinks of all my bathroom breaks though!:7

When I'm driving I hold my water in my hand and drink at every driveway, stoplight, etc....whatever I can think of.

Water intake is definetly not a problem for me!

It would be so hard to leave for 6 months! I know how much planning I do when we leave the house for a week! Good luck!

Tneah - Good luck w/ crampmax! Yuck. I get wicked cramps on Day 3 (so does my sis oddly enough) and as much as I hate to get started working out always makes them go away. If you totally can't muster a workout lay in bed with a heating pad AT YOUR FEET. Take a nap and when you wake up they will be GONE! Works every time.

Robin - Good luck w/ the party! I always offer to bring fresh fruit and veggies since no one else would even think of it. But sometimes....RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!:)

Today was a great day w/ the exception of a few M&Ms...yum...straight from the freezer.

Tomorrow begins our company for the next 3 days...wish me luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.