Clean and Tidy Fri! June 22

pwmatt

Cathlete
I never check in here yesterday. I didn't get much computer time. My grill caught on fire last night and DH and I went looking around for a new one. No luck though. I think we're trying again tonight.

Here's yesterdays
B - oatmeal
S - cantelope( a good one this time) :)
L - snap peas,pl yogurst w\oatbran, cinnamin and a couple of raisins
S - grapes
D - baked turkey breast(was supposed to be grilled but ^^^^^),stir fry mix of peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms,halfof a banana
S - couple of grapes, couple of cherries, carrots

Oh, I did have a few pretzels while cooking dinner.

Does it seem like I'm snacking alot? I usually need something after dinner or while I'm packing my lunch for the next day. I try my hardest tok keep it clean :)

Actually my weight hasn't changed since i've been doing this challenge, but I fell better! I haven't had a soda in weeks and I feel less bloated. The trick for me is moderation. I can't totally eliminate all the sweet stuff or I'll be miserable. :( I also myself treats here and there - usually on the weekend.

Have a good day!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Morning Phyllis and all who follow!

Yay! It's Friday!

Ack, Phyllis! I hope your grill fire wasn't too scary and that you find a new one tonight. Doesn't look like too many snacks to me, and besides, they're just fruit and stuff.

Yesterday was all right for me. I went to Quiznos for lunch but just had a small veggie sandwich and a V8.

Today is a bit up in the air because it's my early day at work and after that I end up rushing around so I'm not sure what the menu will be.

Workout is something upper body that I haven't decided on yet.

Good morning Phyllis, Shelley, and all clean eaters,

Phyllis - We knew you were just too hot to handle :p! I snack all day long...I'm ALWAYS hungry! In fact someone once commented that every time they see me I have food in my mouth, which is pretty accurate. That's why I work so hard to try to keep it clean. If I tried to subsist on the amount of food that is sometimes posted here I would probably pass out LOL.

Yesterday was a great day on the food front and I'm determined to make it an entire week of squeaky clean eating. I won't be able to spend much (if any) time with my SO for the rest of the week so that will make it much easier. Unfortunately we're both big foodies!

Today's menu will be the usual but I can't decide on dinner. My choices are...
Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce (MMMM...PB!)
Lemon-Basil Chicken with Basil Aioli (low-fat mayo and I have a ton of basil in my garden waiting to be picked)
Sauteed Chicken with Chardonnay Sauce (not 100% clean either)
Chicken with Goat Cheese Sauce (again, not perfectly squeaky)

Oh what to pick!?!?! They are all 280 calories or less, well within my "budget" for dinner. I guess I've got until after work to make up my mind.

Have a great day everyone,

Good Morning!
Yesterday's eating wasn't too great, but it could have been worse. I think I have an addiction to peanut butter! After my small, clean dinner, I got up and fixed a pb and j sandwich for myself! Sometimes it feels like I am just trying to sabogate my own healthy eating. I also ate too much for lunch yesterday. Today will be better. But as I've said, I am eating much better than I was before the challenge started. I'm about to do GS BSB and then eat oatmeal and whole wheat toast. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Valerie

P.S.--I meant to say it feels like I am trying to sabotage my healthy eating--above post had a misspelling!! It's early here and the keyboard is dark!
Valerie

Oooh, Phyllis...goat cheese is awesome. It's my absolute favorite cheese (although I haven't had it since this challenge :( ). I totally agree with you about feeling so much better, less bloated, more energy, just healthier. I also gave up sodas and caffiene and that might have helped. I have only lost a few pounds, but i wasn't really doing this to lose weight. DF has lost a good amount of weight, though. His beer belly is slowly disappearing.

Shelley-I know what you mean about not knowing what you're going to at when you're on less of a schedule. I was so good about planing my meals when I was working, but it's all up in the air for me lately. Hey, did you ever end up making the relish?

Wendi-gotta get the recipe for the goat cheese sauce. It sounds AMAZING!

Valerie-don't sweat the PB. I think most of us are really aiming for tidy as opposed to squeaky clean.

Morning to all who follow!

I did HST yesterday. It was tough, tough, tough! I have a bit of DOMS today. I want to try an iTread today. We'll see. I really loved the iClimb I did the other day.

No idea what I'm going to eat today.

Have a GREAT day!

BBL

Lorie - I haven't made the relish yet, but you know, I have nothing planned this weekend, so I think that's what I'll do! Thanks for reminding me!

Just don't forget to wear gloves when you cut the jalepenos. If you get them on your hands and touch anything like your eye it will BURN!!! Make sure no renegade jalepeno juice escapes!!!

Let me know how it comes out!

Hello clean eaters!
Looks like everyone has a peanut butter addiction, and i think natural PB is clean! Dammit, the only problem is eating the jar like i want to do, might not be :)
Speaking of PB, Wendy, dinner does look delish, no matter which you choose!
I have to say, this check in makes me think before a jump a little bit more as well. I never really fly off the handle, but my portions, especially on the weekends are crazy!
today, on track as usual, i still have one can of diet pop, caffiene free, low sodium after dinner and coffee, cause a girls gotta live!
Hello to all, Shelley, Wendy, Lorie, Phyllis, and Valerie and all to follow!
BBL
Steph

I totally agree with you Steph that this check-in makes me think. I know I have been bad about posting what I eat lately, but it's hard while on vacay from work.

I just got done doing my first iTread workout. I did the 60 minute Phase 1 run. I was shocked to see how quickly 60 minutes and 6 miles went by! I feel soooooo good. the iClimb I did on Wednesday was also tough. I am liking these iTrain workouts. Now, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to try out CC. Then, that would be another thing to spend my money on!!! ARRRGGGGHHHH! Make the madness stop! Three new workouts in one week. iClimb, iTread and HST! I'm branchin' out! :D

Hi cleaner uppers. Phyllis, I wasn't around yesterday either. It was my day off and I just spent it relaxing. I ate OK. The grill fire sounds scary. We have an old (OLD) charcoal grill that was used when we got it. I bet it's 25-30 years old. I'd love to get a new gas grill, but DH loves his charcoal.

I had a delicious dinner from a Racheal Ray cookbook last night. It was a chicken and cashew stir fry with chilpote pepper served on brown rice. It was yummy, but hot. DH and DD both said tone it down a bit next time. I'm trying another of her recipes tonight. It's a shrimp in putenesca sauce. (Spelling?) Reminds of of "A Series of Unfortunate Events." It has anchovies and olives in it, 2 things I'm not crazy about, but it just sounds good, so we'll see. Today's workout will be PUB, since I didn't get 'er done earlier in the week.

Have a good one, clean fiends.

Hi ladies!

I've been MIA for a few days because life has just been crazy busy. But I found some time to check in today so here goes.

Workouts this week have been really good. Wednesday was PLB, yesterday I did the 50 minute Kickmax Bootcamp Challenge premix, & today, I did Kelly Coffey's Shape of Things to come. Eating has been great during the days & failing in the evenings. Wednesday, we had a meeting to attend in a town about an hour and a half away & the meeting was held at a Mexican buffet. Yummy but bad. Oh well. Yesterday really wasn't that bad. I made brown rice, corn on the cob, & turkey mignons on the grill... but I also had a beer while grilling & a couple glasses of wine later because we had some friends stop by late & I wanted to be social. Today has been super great but I'm sure things will fizzle again tonight... & over the weekend too. So hopefully, next week will be better.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great so keep up the good work! I may not be back again today so I'll probably just see you all again next week.

Take care & keep in clean & tidy!

Oh Phyllis, I think goat cheese has to be one of my faves. It's creamy and a little tangy. I USED TO bread it, fry it and serve it over some nice greens. When you cut into the little cheese "cakes" it just oozes all over the salad and makes a creamy dressing for the greens..YUMMY! Ah, those were the days :p.

Stephanie, I truly do have an addiction x(. If I were to let myself I'd consider the whole jar to be a single serving!

Robin, that does sound tasty! I have tried a few of her recipes (slightly altered to cut some fat) and they've been quite good but she does like it hot! I learned that one the hard way, too, and I LOVE hot food.

Lorie, I didn't end up making the goat cheese sauce and haven't tried it yet but I'll certainly get that to you tomorrow. I think it's going to be on the menu for next week though. It's from one of the Cooking Light Annual Cookbooks. I have to say that everything I've made from that magazine so far has been absolutely delicious. In fact, I'm sitting here thoroughly enjoying the chicken sate with peanut sauce, some steamed broccoli with a spritz of lime juice, and spaghetti squash with ginger, green onions, tamari and lime juice. It's fantastic :9 :9 ! The numbers are also great for a 4oz serving of chicken and 1 tablespoon of sauce...
205 calories
4.5g fat (1g sat, 0.4g mono, 0.4g poly)
29.3g protein
11.2g carb (0.8g fiber)

I couldn't pick what to make for dinner so I had someone at work choose for me...way to be decisive, huh?

Keep up the great work everyone! I have to say I'm a little jealous of all of you who get your workouts in...I miss my Cathe fix in the wee hours of the morning! It certainly wakes me up and gets me going.

Have a good night everyone,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.