Clean or tidy check-in Tuesday 12 June

lederr

Cathlete
Good morning fellow clean eaters!

You know...I am supposed to be on vacation, but I find I am still waking up very early every morning. Oh well, the nice thing is I don't have to jump up and work out then get ready for work. I can be lazy and do it on my own time. :)

I don't know what my day is going to look like today. As for working out, I am planning some cardio then a full body weight workout. Don't know what. I am thinking Step Blast then Muscle Max. Who knows?

I hope evryone has a GREAT Tuesday (one day closer to Friday!).

Hi Lorie and every one who follows. I haven't checked in since last week. The weekend was terrible, so was Monday. Today has been good just ate too much. Anyway tomorrow is another day as we say.

Workout was power hour.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Kim:)

G'moring Lorie and all to follow!

I didn't get back to the c'puter last night as DD had chorus practice. I didn't get a chnace to read everybody's post from yesterday. I scanned them and one thing that grabbed my attention was Donut Holes!! Robin, I'm glad you resisted! :)I'm PMS'ing pretty badly so my rsistance to unclean stuff is pretty low! Anyway, here was yesterday.

B - oatmeal/strawberries
S - watermelon
L - salad w/ red wine salad spritzer(as opposed to my usual raspberry vinagrette)topped with lo fat cottage cheese and a sprinkling of raisins
S - almonds
D - whole wheat penne pasta w/2turkey meatballs and just enough sauce to moisten
The nonmeal stuff - apple (while waiting for dinner)
handful of pretzels, a few raisings(while in a PMS'ing frenzy last night)

I hope today - tonight in particular - is a little more controled!

BTW, the meatballs were great! I mixed the turkey with S&P, garlic powder, egg whites, oat bran,and rosemary. The family ate'em up! I think I may have put too much garlic powder in but they were delish!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Phyllis-those meatballs sound DELISH!

Today is DS's Kindergarten graduation. So I have to be quick, as usual. This morning's workout was a 45 minute steady state bike ride (11 miles). Felt great...it was the first time on my stationary bike in over a year I think! LOL

Yesterday, DS and I hit the pool at the Y and I tried out those floaty things that you use for water running. I'd never done it, but what a workout. My heart was pounding! My legs felt like jello when I got out of the pool! LOL

Today is day 15. Feeling great and proud to have passed that 2 week mark. Headed onto week 3! LOL No menu really planned again, but there's plenty of clean food in the house, so I'm not worried!

BBL sometime

Gayle

Good morning cleaner-uppers!

Phyllis, those meatballs sound good. I love rosemary.

Kim, isn't nice to start a new day and forget the sins of yesterday?

Lori, I'm a morning person and usually get up pretty early on days off too. I love it when I'm the only one up and everything is nice and quiet.

I did pretty well last night, eating a couple of bites of meatloaf, then filling up with a baked potato. I'm planning on grilling a steak this evening, and will have just a tiny piece, along with a salad and a sweet potato. Those darned donut holes are still here, but the few that are left are nice and stale, so not a problem to avoid. B-fast and lunch will be my standard. Cathe's rotation calls for S&H workouts this week, but I don't have them. I'll be substituting PS. I'm not sure which one I'll be doing this afternoon.

Have a good day all.

Morning, Clean Eaters!
Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. Like many of you, I find it hard to resist certain sweets. Yesterday at Vacation Bible School, there was a snack room for the adults FULL of sweets! I saw homemade cookies, brownies, store-bought cookies, candy, chips, etc... The only fruit was some bananas. I went in and had a banana and was feeling proud, but then I saw those homemade chocolate chip cookies sitting there. I picked up one and ate it, and then I had to
leave the room for fear of what else I might eat. Meals were pretty clean yesterday, but TTOM is near (like many of you), and I had to have a store-bought crepe with Reddi-Whip for my dessert last night.
I had been doing pretty well trying to lose my monstrous sweet tooth
until the past couple of days. Anyway, will try today not to go to
the room of temptation at VBS! I'm about to do Gym Styles back,
shoulder and biceps. Have a great Tuesday!
Valerie

Good morning gang!

Phyllis - Those meatballs sound wonderful...I'll have to try that.

Unfortunately, after I said goodnight to you all yesterday I stopped at the freezer just for one bite of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and ended up eating at least a whole serving...oh well. I start fresh today!

B - spanish egg white omelette, steel cut oatmeal with strawberries (thank you Shelley for your cooking suggestion awhile back. They are YUMMY :9 !)
S - don't know yet, probably skip
L - with my SO, probably a Weight Watchers selection at Applebee's
S - apple
D - broiled snapper with mango salad, steamed broccoli, maybe a No Pudge brownie for dessert

I'm hoping to have time for a workout this afternoon as it's been almost a week and I'm starting to miss it. I'll see if I can squeeze it in after I run into work. I do have the day off but I have to go in to ride a few horses because the clients will have a fit if they don't "get their money's worth" *rolls eyes*.

I wish continued success to everyone. You are all inspiring me to stay on track. Thank you!

Have a great day everyone,
Wendi

Hi, Lorie, Kim, Phyllis, Gayle, Robin, Valerie, Wendi and all who follow!

Jess -I tend to forget to drink enough water, but your posts are a great reminder. Thanks!

Yesterday I did make a brief stop at the grocery, so I had nl pb on a brown rice cake for my afternoon snack. All else went as planned.:)

Todays menu:
B -sliced boiled egg with diced veggies, ww english muffin
s -apple, a few nuts
L -salad with leftover grilled chicken, a pear
s -nl pb on a brown rice cake, celery sticks
D -grilled salmon, quinoa with peas, broccoli
s -plain yogurt with strawberries

Have a great clean Tuesday!

Patty

Quick check in. I didn't have time to update y'day, busy but *clean* day. ;-) I made a Thai stir fry w/ chicken & brown rice for dinner & had some yogurt & fruit for *dessert*. Today will be another busy one, my 6yo dd is going in for a new set of tubes & getting her adenoids out.

So far...

Liquids (glad this is helping ya Patty, I aim for at least 120 oz a day, usually get about 140 oz) ~ 40 oz water, 2 cups coffee

I ran 4 miles w/ my friends this morning.

Post- run ~ Banana & light activia yogurt

Breakfast ~ Steel cut oats w/ 1 T. NM PB & 1/2 c. cottage cheese

Will try to update later if I have time!

good morning clean eaters!!!

lorie, i find that no matter where i am or what i'm supposed to be doing, my body is naturally up by 6:30 or so. you're right that at least you can take your time!

kim, welcome back to the check in :)

phyllis, i think i'll make those meatballs this weekend for our dinner on father's day - they sound great!

gayle, have fun at the graduation, i bet it will be adorable. my daughter graduates from k on monday.

robin, good luck staying away from the donut holes :eek:

valerie, i am with the rest of you on resisting sweets. i absolutely can't keep them around because i have zero self control!

wendi, would you share the cooking suggestion for the oatmeal? i'd love to hear it :)

patty and jess, thanks to both of you for reminding me to take in some water this morning!

today so far i'm feeling good, despite waking up to find i'm out of coffee x(

b- whole grain blueberry waffles
s- i'm having it already - protein shake after this mornings workout
l- tuna and chopped egg whites on some rye crisps
s- maybe a kashi bar
d- no clue, i'll be on the run this afternoon for dd's rehearsal #2 for dance

have a great day all!

Okay, so far I have been really lazy. I just had my protein shake, so I will probably work out in about an hour. I am still not sure what exactly I want to do but I am planning on doing something.

Phyllis-I made the turkey meatballs that are in Tosca's book. I really liked them. Especially with Tabasco sauce!

Gayle-don't you love working out in the pool? I love swimming laps and it is a REALLY good workout.

Robin-WTG on avoiding the donut holes!!!

Kim-good to see you!

Val-good luck today avoiding the "room of temptation" (I love that!). You can do it!

Wendi-I can't believe you have to work on your day off. Not much of a day off! Tell them to leave you alone!

Patty-one thing I do to get in more water is to drink 32 oz. the minute I wake up. I have one of those Nalgene water bottles that has the volume listed on the bottle. Anyway, I read that in the book and had never done it before, but as she says, it really does help to get you up and moving (and a good start to getting in your water).

Jess-I hope your DD's surgery goes well. Let us know.

Cody-Ugh! No coffeee! I gave up caffiene for this challenge (because I don't like coffee and drank diet sodas) and it was SO difficult the first couple of days (caffiene headache). I wish I liked coffee so I could have the caffeine without all the bad stuff in diet soda!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in again and say hello (yes, I am procrastinating ;) )

Good Day Clean eaters!

Well after dealing with very bad pms then tom I am guilty that I fall off the Clean eating train over the weekend.

Although Monday I did do pretty well and I finally received my copy of Tosca Reno's book - I've just glanced over it but I really like the bright colored layout, I did look and ricecakes are a 'in moderation' food so it's okay as I just have 2 max per day with my peanut butter.

Just wanted to let you all know that I've not dropped out of the thread but was not online much at all as I was not feeling nice at all; more like spitting venom and hissing if anyone dared look my way :eek: but I'm beginning to feel like my old self slowly again ;)

Today is my 19th wedding anniversary and hubby and I are celebrating with dinner out so I'll eat clean throughout the day and try to choose a meal wisely tonight but I know I'll probably have a glass of wine or 2 ;)

Top of the morning to ya!!! (does a little jig:))

OK today is a new day, I can do this, I can do this...

So far:

B: 3 egg whites, 1/2 cantalope, coffee (non-dairy creamer/splenda)

Let's see, I think I have to just play it by ear today. DH is home from a Texas business trip and he's a bit finicky, so we'll see.

I hope to get in either a lower body workout, "Rockin Buns" or a cardio of some sort, after all I am still competing with DH with our fitness challenge. He thinks just because he went to boot camp that I can't keep up with him. {whispers, he's right but only for now until I get my back fixed}, so it's a good thing we are at our own level, he's advanced and I'm intermediate. After my operation and recovery, it's full steam ahead.

A driven competitive streak...NOT ME}(

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hi Ladies! Well, last night didn't end up so clean so I won't even go there. I guess I'll just look at it as an extension to my weekend, which I'm also glad it wasn't as unclean as normal. As everyone here has said many times... today is a new day.

This morning, I did Step Blast & got in a great workout! I also plan to do some yoga before eating lunch today.

Started the day out with a large cup of water & 2 cups of coffee.

B - Puffins Organic Cereal with blueberries & 2% milk
S - Banana & fat free Activia yogurt
L - Leftover Havana Salad, guacamole, grilled veggies, & black beans
S - Not sure yet but either Naturally More peanut butter on whole grain crackers & a nectarine or another container of yogurt & the nectarine.
D - Have a meeting at a local steakhouse but they have great salads so I plan to have one of those, probably with a glass of wine (hey, it's a political meeting so do ya blame me? ;))

Lorie - Let us know what workout(s) you decide to do & have fun with Step Blast if you decide to do it!

Kim - My weekend wasn't very clean either & yesterday also ended badly but like you said, "today is a new day"!

Phyllis - Those meatballs sound yummy! I'll have to try those out sometime...

Gayle - What are the floaty things you use for running in the pool? We have a pool so I'd be interested in something like that. TIA for any information you can offer!

Robin - Great job avoiding those donut holes! The way I see it, we can only defeat one temptation at a time.

Valerie - I couldn't resist a homemade chocolate chip cookie either! At least you only ate one & maybe you can avoid it tonight...

Wendi - Ice cream is my one true downfall & peanut butteris one of my favorite flavors of anything! I'm right there with you, starting fresh again today.

Patty - I have the same problem drinking enough water each day. Some days I just don't feel like it, you know?

Jess - Good luck at the doctor with your DD.

Cody - Oh my goodness... out of coffee! Hope your day has improved from there.

Vilma - Happy Anniversary!!!

Carrie - I'm chanting your mantra now: "Today is a new day... today is a new day..." ;)

Hope everyone has a squeaky clean day & thanks again to all of you for being here!

Hey, guys!

Kel-the thingy I used is designed to go around your waist/hip area to keep you above the water, from about the shoulders up. It works really well. The Y uses it a bunch for the Silver Sneakers group, but allows us 'others' to use them. I, for SURE, will be using it from now on!

Gayle

Thanks Gayle... I'm going to check around & see if I can find anything like that locally. Otherwise, I'll order some. I wonder if they would have them at Target or if I'll have to find some online? Hey, I bet one of the local swimming pool supplies store would have them...

Thanks again!

Kel-You can probably get them at a swim facility (somewhere that has swimming leagues) or maybe a specialty sports store. I've seen them somewhere, I just can't remember where. Also, try swimming laps. You'd be surprised at how good of a workout you can get!

I ended up doing Body Max 2. Lately, my step workouts have been crap. My legs feel like lead and I am having to modify things I have never had to modify before. I think I am a bit burned out. My mile swim on Sunday was great. Maybe I'll focus on swimming and kickbox and weights. I know I probably need to take more than one day off, but I get antsy and feel like a lazy slob. I know some people say after taking a week off they come back stronger than before. I think that would be easier if I was working, but being home, I don't feel like I've done anything if I don't work out.

Anyway...everyone enjoy your day.

Okay, I am back. Doing much better today. I was yelling at DH, so I must be feeling better }( I don't know why he keeps buying those little potato chips bags in the big package from Costco, darn it!!! The kids keep eating them and they sure as heck are not clean!!! He also got those little Oreo cookies bags, I just want to strangle him. Here I am trying to keep everyone's diet clean and he goes out and buys junk, aaaarrrrghhhh!!!

My day started out ok, I had a skim milk latte and some fruit for breakfast. I am headed out to the store to buy some "clean" stuff, but I haven't decided on what the menu will be for the next few days.

No workout yet, I still don't feel quite up to it yet. I guess I will be doing CleanMax this morning :) don't know if that counts. The way my house looks right now, I'd say it's right up there with DrillMax :)

All of you are just such an inspiration, and so supportive. You guys make me hang in there, and get back on the band waggon, even after falling off a couple of times. And I just wanted to thank, each and everyone of you for your support!!

Have a great clean day everyone!

Carola

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.