cLEAN & tidy -----> SIX days til Christmas!

No workout for me today. I cannot imagine what I have done to hurt my back this badly. I have never had this sort of pain in my low back before. I am worried that I am going to have to take a lot of time off from workouts, and I am worried that I am going to gain weight. I hate to be so vain, but that is the truth...

I will do lots of stretching today, that will be my "workout."

I had a big cheat yesterday at lunch time, which threw off my whole menu. So today's menu looks the same as yesterdays...

B cereal
S cheese and crackers
L chicken and grilled veggies
S banana
D tortelini w/tomato basil sauce, small salad

Please keep me and my injured back in your thoughts. I pray that I am not out of commission for too long...

Oh man, Katie! So sorry about your back. I know a lot of people don't have much faith in chiropractic but it really has helped my family on multiple occasions.

Breakfast will be the usual fruit and cereal, the rest of the day is totally up in the air. I need to go grocery shopping really bad. Thansk again to everyone for your kind words yesterday. People typically have negative thoughts towards Gr.Danes but they really are gentle dogs. Even though she bit me I know she loved us. She was getting older and obviously not feeling well.

Hope you all have a nice day today. Keep it clean...and don't forget....

DRINK YOUR WATER!:)

Good Morning,

Katie, I'm sorry about your back. You are definitley in my prayers today.

Kate, I have to go grocery shopping today, too. How are the girls doing?

I still have to catch up with yesterday's personals. Hi everyone!

Workout today is 30 minute circuit.

Menu
b-cereal, banana & raisins, sk. milk
s-1/2 larabar
l-tuna and large salad
s-apple & 1/2 larabar
d-chicken breast, couscous and veggies

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hello cLean and tidy friends!

This morning i accidently did a tuck jump. Now, how would that happen, cause that's weird right? I was walking my littlest pug, and she hurdled off a 4ft snowbank, and took me with her, and somehow as i was airbourne, i thought, here's an opportunity! DH laughed like hell!

Katie, i'm wondering if you strained your lower back, iliac spine muscles like i did. I would recommend ice/ibuprofin, and wait a week before you do anything at all! See the doc, and rule out a disc slip as well, that you need to address asap. I agree with Kate, until this injury, i didnt believe in chiropractors, now i still go 2x/week.

Kate, i love Danes, they are gentle giants. Again, i'm truely sorry about the loss.

Shirl, these circuits look great! Do share. Menu is fabulous too :)

Today, i will do LIS/B&G's. I wrapped some gifts last night too, yeah!

Menu:
B: bacon and eggs, nah...oatmeal!!
s: quark cheese
L; veggie soup, chopped veggies/hummus, apple
s: ryveta with almond butter
d: big arse salad, hemp dressing, egg whites, ezekial toast
s: strawberries, i bought yesterday and actually look good, and yogurt
BBL
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

I am finally getting caught up at work and starting to get in the Christmas spirit.
Katie - sorry about your back. I had a pinched nerve in my back and saw a chiro for about 2 months. It really helped and I would highly recommend that you see one. I am thinking about going back because I have some aches and pains. I just need to find the time :)
Kate - hope the DD's are doing okay after their loss
Shirl - I love circuit workouts
Steph - wow! It sounds like fun! Glad you didn't hurt yourself.
Robin - where are you? Hope everything is okay.

w/o was Jari Love's Slim & Lean
b: oatmeal
l: potluck at work
s: fruit
d: tbd

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Shirl - Aweome eats & sweats!

Steph - LOL! Quick thinking! And bacon and eggs - too funny!:D

Colleen - Ooh, potluck! Whatcha bringin'? Do you like Jari? I've never even previewed her stuff, but she looks so thin to me I feel like I wouldn't like to look at her for an hour.

Robin, you havin' more KD?

I have a plan! Finally got groceries:
b - wheat chex, banana
s - banana, 1/2 clementine
l - big salad
s - ??
d - homemade tortilla soup. I'm also making a new recipe for blueberry muffins which is not clean, but I'm allowing myself a treat tonight. There are loads of berries in them so maybe I;m at least tidy. I will stop after my first one and I'm going to give away the leftovers to my mom and inlaws.

Have a good afternoon.

>Katie, i'm wondering if you strained your lower back, iliac spine muscles like i did. I would recommend ice/ibuprofin, and wait a week before you do anything at all! See the doc, and rule out a disc slip as well, that you need to address asap.

One whole week before I work out again?? Aggghhhhh!

Explain to me what my iliac spine muscles are, and how I would have strained them.

It hurts way down low, almost my butt, more on the right side.

I am taking about 600 mg of ibuprofen and sitting on the heating pad, and that is helping lots. I wonder if my insurance would pay for a chiropractor....

Stephanie, how many pugs do you have? I have one pug, Frankie, almost 4 years old! I can almost picture your tuck-jump, hahaha!

Shirl, menu and workout looks great! I too would love some more info on your circuits.

Colleen, how is your work day going?

Kate, I can think of so many worse cheats then what you've got planned. Glad the grocery shopping is done. Hugs to you and the family.

My job is awful today. This time of year is awful for some of our clients. I had to call in social services on one case today -- not fun. I hope I have a less eventful Thursday and Friday before the holiday!!

Can someone please convince me that taking a few days/one week off of workouts is not going to make me fat? I hate that I think like that...

Hi Katie
I have one pug, Roxie (2 yrs) and a boston terrier, 7!
It sounds like Sciatica maybe? More on one side, sharp pain if you lean forward? I think you should see a doc for sure. Is it any better today?
Steph

Katie, Sorry about your work day. I totally was thinking about sciaitica too. Does the pain feels like it kinda wraps around to the front of your leg too? That used to happen to me. Chiro car - now its gone. A week of no workouts won't make you fat! Just keep it clean (as possible, the week before Cmas!) and walking is good for you. Take small walk here and there. Also, I can recall lots of posts of the benefits of a whole rest week(s). Enjoy the time and don't stress about it. Your body will thank you. Just think that if you push yourself thru this you'll be off a whole lot longer than a week.

HEY ROBIN! Good to see ya!

Steph - Do your dogs get along well?

Doin' good today. I had some peanut butter w/ my lunch which I probably didn't need but it hit the spot! I even snuck in a power nap this afternoon w/ Isabel - so nice. I feel great.

I'm off to drink my water...got yours nearby?!?!?!

Hey ladies

Sorry about your back pain Katie, Motrin always works for me too. Feel better.I understand Katie I have the same thinking pattern (If i do not exercise I will get fat, then when I get fat I will eat junk and get fatter). Don't panic girl, you will not gain real weight in one week of non-work outs. Just watch your portion sizes and you will be fine.

What did you eat at the pot luck Colleen?

LOL Steph you get a perfect 10 for the tuck.:D

This has been one of those days and I did not workout today again. Tomorrow early in the morning I will do a good workout!
I may have my new stove by Saturday. I'm glad because I'm tired of steaming and using the crock pot. I'm going to make bake fish, chicken, porkternderloin, turkey and cookies ;).

My menu was great until I got too hungry today and stop at the McDonalds.:(

Anyway I'll eat a lite dinner tonight.

Kate sorry about what happen with your Dane believe me any dog who wants to can really do some damage, even my little poodle. If he/she did not do alot of damage then she may be in pain. How old is she?

Robin - OOH! New stove! I can't wait for my next kitchen - I want a Viking Pro with 2 ovens and 8 burners. Yeah, right! I'll keep dreamin'! Sorry for another off day. Annie was 4.5. It is so lonely and wierd without her - I actually miss her insanely loud bark that seemed to go on and on all day!

My blueberry muffins, in my not-so-humble opinion, were BAMFs! So I had an extra half and I packaged up the rest to give to family. Calories, be gone!

Hope everyone has a good evening - see you later!

Good evening, ladies!

Glad to report that my back is feeling better. Not 100% but a whole lot better than last night and this morning. I think the ibuprofen really helped to loosen me up so I could move more, and now I am not so stiff. I am still gonna take some rest days, not sure how many, though...

Check out my little man over there in my avatar! Tell me he not SO CUTE and looking so GQ in his Christmas sweater for his party today!

I have eaten A LOT today -- I've been so hungry all day. Of course, that adds to my ridiculous fear of getting fat...

I ate tidy except for a little mac&cheese, and a little dessert. I was so busy I did not have the time to really enjoy it. I just grabbed a plate of food and ran back to my desk. I am working from home on Friday so I can catch up and log off early. I really need a mental health day. Hopefully my 2 days off for Christmas will help.

Katie - glad your back is starting to feel better. I had to take a whole month off from exercising after surgery and I did not gain any weight even with my sister's wedding. It sounds like you may need some rest days.
Kate - glad your blueberry muffins were great! I would not recommend purchasing Jari Love workouts. For some reason I can't get excited about her workouts. They are good but there is no fun factor so I get bored with them really quickly. Since I didn't have supersets, I subbed Jari's workout.

Have a good night everyone!

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.