cLEAN & tidy -----> EIGHT days til Christmas!

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies!

I am getting so excited, I hope you don't mind if we count down the days?

What is your plan for today and the rest of the week?

Oh I am so relieved -- all of my major Christmas shopping things are done! I need to get some bones for my dog, and some candy for stockings, but other than that, I am done -- yay!! Also, almost everything is wrapped!

I work in a very small office -- there are only 6 of us. Over the weekend, I got some really adorable Christmas coffee mugs (on sale for around $2 each). Last night I baked wedding cookies and filled each mug with a baggie of cookies, then tied it up with red and green ribbons. I can't wait to play Santa at work today!

I am actually looking forward to my work week -- my supervisor really took it easy on us this week. I am seeing hardly any clients at all (a nice break). I have two court days, and then file review (going thru and checking everything and cleaning up!). I need the time to get things together and check everything over, so I am grateful!!

Workout this morning will be Low Impact Circuit cardio blast premix. Eating will be something like this...

B cereal
S half sandwich
L tuna, cheese, crackers
S apple slices, protein bar
D chicken pasta, green beans

I have not weighed yet today, but I will before my shower -- i'll let ya know!!

Morning

I'm done with my pre-Christmas shopping so the rest of the clothing I'll buy after Christmas. Great idea with the Christmas mugs Katie.

I can't wait until Christmas, I feel like a kid.

No more parties for me except for New Year's eve.I feel a little heavy today so no weigh in for me. I need to detox from all the eggnog and cookies ;-)

I plan to workout this afternoon (powerwalk and HSC abs)

b-oatmeal because it's cold outside
s-nuts
l- porktenderloin and corn
d-turkey and whole grain rice

This year our darlin-President gave federal workers Christmas eve off. YAY I plan to take the kids into Manhattan to see the 5th Ave store windows and the tree.

Weight is 138.5 -- right on point for a Monday morning. It usually drops down to 137 or so by Friday, then back up after the weekend.

Good Morning cLEAN & tidy friends,

I love the idea of a count down! I am super excited about Christmas! I'm feeling well enough to try to workout this morning; no fever ...finally. I plan on doing my own workouts for the next 2 weeks and then start another P90X round. My workouts will be 3 - 30 minute circuits and 2 cardio days. I plan on adding in yoga a few days a week. My eating has not been good, even though I've been sick. I plan on doing better this week. Not sure what today's menu will be yet. I'll post that after my workout.

Colleen, I crave ice cream too! I had DH buy some lowfat kefir instead, but it didn't help. I ate ice cream and had kefir too. LOL

Katie, Good job with everything. You seem to be so excited about the holidays. I love your enthusiasm. I bet your coworkers will enjoy the gift.

Jenn, Are you snowed in? We got a lot of snow yesterday; everything was cancelled. It looks so pretty... for now.

Kate, Congrats on losing the ####'s! It seems that you've got the eye of the tiger. tee hee Keep it up and pass along some of your motivation.

Robin , Hi fellow New Yorker! How is the snow your way? Your kids are going to love going to Manhattan to see the lights. What a great idea! Do you walk outside when you powerwalk?

Steph, How was the ballet? I love the ballet! My 11 y/o niece is in a professional production of the Nutcracker this week. She is so excited - she's a mouse. It seems like your appt. went well with you and your DH. I'm happy for you.

Well, it's time to exercise! I'll let you know how I like my circuit. :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning Everyone!

Katie - thanks for counting us down until Christmas! The coffee mugs are a great idea. I know everyone will like them.
Robin - Enjoy Manhattan with your kids next week. It sounds like a lot of fun
Shirl - glad you are feeling better

This week will be crazy at work so I am hoping I can get through everything without exploding.

w/o was CW
b: oatmeal
l: grilled chicken
s: veggies, fruit throughout the day
d: fish

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

OOOOOH! Everybody's doing so good! I'm feeling great today! No more worries about what others think of my eating - I know I'm doing great, so there!:p Thanks everybody for your encouragement this weekend. I love you guys! (((((group hug))))

Katie, Sounds like you have a nice week planned. I think my work should be not too crazy....maybe! Your gifts sound like fun. I love to bake for people. Some of our guys are working at our house today and I'm thinking about doing some baking for them. You did one of my favorite w/o's today! We're weighing in the same today!

Robin - I've never had egg nog. I don't want to try it - looks to thick and if I did like it it would be one more thing I have to resist! Enjoy your extra day off next week and have fun w/ your kiddos!

Shirl - Good to see you! Good planning for your workouts! I've read here about p90x but never checked it out. I feel like I's be "cheating" on Cathe. Now I'm really looking forward to STS, so I'll save my $$ for that. Does your niece live by you that you can go see the ballet? How fun for her!

my day:
b - wheat chex, banana
w/0 - 4DS LIS & HIS cardios (YAY! A morning workout! THis is getting to happen more lately and I love it!)
s - clementines!
l - 1 scr.egg, 2 whites, peppers, cantaloupe
s - 9-grain toast
d - gilled chicken salad

For dinner I'm going out w/ 2 friends to Applebee's (no kids, can you believe it?!). One totally does not eat clean, the other is the RD friend. She will no doubt pick apart what I eat and order dessert to try to tempt me. It makes me not want to go but I'm feeling great about the choices I'm making and blast it, I'm not gonna let a stinkin' RD tell me that I eat too healthy! It feels good to feel good!

DDs had a snow day today! YAY! Hopefully it won't be too windy and we can play outside in the snow...and go see Santa!

Have a great day!

Hello again! My work day is going well, hope to get a lot more done by 4:30 pm!

Robin, I am so jealous of a NYC Christmas! I am a small town, country girl at heart. BUT, one year my mom took us to NYC in early December and I just loved it -- the big trees, the lights, all the people, etc!

Colleen, how is your weather? It is bitterly cold and windy here. If only all of that moisture this weekend could have been snow. It has been a long time since I did C&W, need to dig this one back out again!

Kate, kudos on the am workout!! How come you have been able to get it in in the morning? Enjoy your day with your girls, and your dinner out tonight. If I was going to Applebees, I would eat fiesta lime chicken and a brownie -- OMG YUM!

My coworkers loved the mugs full of cookies! I am feeling a bit left out, though. I think I will take 3 or 4 cookies with me to have after lunch, with some peppermint coffee. That should start my afternoon off right!

Check back after work!!

Hi again!

I did my 30 minute circuit this morning. It felt so good to exercise again. I weighed myself preworkout and I'm down to 131.4 lbs. I'm so excited! My weight was 138 lbs. when we started weighing in. My goal was to lose 7-9 lbs. by the end of the year and I'm going to do it! :D:D:D:D

Today's menu
b- banana & kefir
s- cereal, raisins, almonds and sk.milk
l- 2 large bowls of homemade vegetable beef soup
s- carrots, hummus and nut thin crackers
d- probably more soup and a sandwich

lots and lots of water

Have a great day everyone!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hello cLean ladies!!

And i mean that, great weigh in's Katie and Shirl!!!

Im with my student, i will try to post after work/after workout!

Steph

Hey ladies how's it going this afternoon?

I'm glad you are feeling better Shirl. It did not snow much in Queens and I usually walk on the treadmill while listening to my Ipod.

Kate Applebee's have great low-cal choices, so stay clean just to show um.

Great job on losing weight Kate and Shirl, during the holiday season, I'll join you and try to drop #s before New Year. CHALLENGE TIME LADIES! Let's set some goals.

Hey Katie!

HUGE ^5 TO SHIRL!!!!

Steph, Have fun w/ Tiffany!:p :)

Robin, What kind of goals are you setting? I'll join ya!

The day is going well - got to play in the deep snow w/ the kids. Extra calorie burn: When we were at the back of the property Isabel didn't want to walk anymore! Ha! Sticking to plan on eating - will the rest of the day too.

See you later!

>You ladies are CRAZY -- there is no way in H*LL I am going to
>LOSE weight before the new year!

ROFLMAO! You crack me up!

I did great at dinner tonight! I'm sure they would've wanted dessert but right when the waiter asked I said "No thanks" really quickly. Feeling so good!

Need to switch over to work mode! G'night!

Hi ladies,

I am still off track, it was 18 degrees this morning when I woke up and I was too cold to go in the basement workout. x( So instead I went to work and ate really bad food, that was yummy.:-( Now I feel like yuck and need to figure out what is for dinner.

Hi Shirl, No we didn't get snowed in but it does look pretty out.

Robin I am a federal worker too, what dept do you work in? I am in the postal service, and Mr. Bush doesn't feel it necessary for postal workers to have Christmas Eve off.

Katie great ideas with the mugs. Glad your having an easy work week.

Kate glad you got to play in the snow. :)

Robin I wish I could stick to some goals I set. I suck at follow through.x( At least in the weight loss department.

Tomorrow is my Birthday and Wednesday is the office party. After that I am done eating junk. Or at least not eating junk all the time. At work I can't get away from it. I am going out for a Mexican lunch tomorrow with my sis and a girlfriend. I will try to be good but I ain't making promises.

Have a great night.
Jenn

Kate, good job with the dinner and dessert!

Jenn, get thru the next couple of days, then commit yourself to some really really clean eating up until Christmas. Hopefully it will balance out...

Robin and Kate -- I support you all. I vow to eat each and every cookie, cake, cracker, etc. that you pass by }(

Hello again!!

This day has been crazy busy for me. I needed time to catch up with everyone.

Jenn, Birthday tomorrow, enjoy. I agree with Katie, new year, new goals right.

Shirl, i'm so glad you're feeling better, i completely feel for your injury, getting back though is so rewarding. I LOVED the ballet. The Nutcracker. I was a dancer for 10 years when i was really little, i wish i kept it up.

Kate, we dont have appleby's here in Toronto, do tell! You know how much i just love Tiffany :)

Tonight I did KPC/drills, then KBX and core. Feeling energetic i guess.
DH and i are trying to work things out. Some big changes going on, and i'm feeling better.
He's just come home actually, i'm going to take off.
Have a great night, and i will 'see' everyone tomorrow.
Steph

Steph, I feel like giving you a great big cyber-hug! I don't want to sound condescending or wierd but I am so prous of you and DH for wokring things out instead of just giving up. I think you are BOTH awesome. In fact, whenever i do 4DS LIS and that song "everything is changing" comes on I always think of you. Glad things ARE changing. AND that you're feeling better. So glad you enjoyed the ballet. I've never been. Applebee's is a chain place - burgers, fries, and some interesting stuff(pastas, salads, etc). I always order a grilled chicken salad pretty much wherever I go. It's pretty east to eat clean there. They have a WW menu too. Decent kid menus / healthy options, tho if we go out to eat they want fries because they never get them at home! Have a good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.