Clean Eating - Wed. May 30/07

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day, clean eaters!

Can you believe that it's almost JUNE? Yikes! That means bathing suit season. *gulp*

Yesterday went pretty well. I ended up having a Luna bar in the afternoon in addition to what I posted, because I was starving. Not squeaky clean but at least it wasn't a chocolate bar:)

Today is pretty much the same as yesterday. Workout will be Legs and Glutes plus abs from KPC.

Great job, Shelly! I know, I really need to go swim suit shopping! UGH!

Good day for me y'day. So far today... just got back from a 4 mile run.

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal and a banana, cup of coffee

Not sure on the plan for the rest of the day yet. It's only 6:15AM so it's bound to change! ;-)

Good Morning all,

First let me say that I am really not eating as "clean" as the real definition that others have posted. I am eating my version of clean which means good food, no junk, no sugar. That said, yesterday I finished off the day with chicken stir fry, some FF hot chocolate, and a Kashi Crunchy bar. So far today, protein shake, cheerios with ff milk, some strawberries and cantalope.

I am keeping track on Fitday, had about 1610 calories with only 20% fat, so I was pleased. Did PP upper body split-2 sets this morning.. as I mentioned on the "50 and over" check-in, I am not too impressed with this workout.. I like more heavy weight work.. but as my 2nd upper body workout this week, it was ok

Have a great day all

Deb;-)

happy hump day to all of you :)

i did pretty well yesterday until i got the munchies around 9 and had some multigrain tostidos with mango salsa :(

today looks pretty good, i am going to try to fit in making the havana salad from eatcleandiet.com for dinner - it's one of my faves. s&h bi's and tri's is on the agenda.

Bathing Suits! :eek:
On top of my winter pudge (and that's putting it mildly) I have a major farmer's tan from working in the yard. Scarey!

Yesterday went well. I missed my morning workout, but was able to squeeze in a 10 mile bike ride in the afternoon. :)

I had oatmeal and fresh strawberries this morning. The rest of the day:
s-watermelon
L-whole wheat wrap with leftover grilled veggies and hummus, cottage cheese, pineapple
s- a few nuts, apple
D- garlic shrimp, quinoa with peas and mushrooms, asparagus
s- watermelon

Happy Clean Eating to All!
iris123

050208_10008324294.gif

Hi everybody!

I did good yesterday until dinner and we were busy and everyone off in different directions and by the time DH came home he didn't want dinner, so we each popped a bag of 100 calorie popcorn and had some peanuts.
NOT great I know but I am just telling myself it could have been worse and today is a new day!
I'm onto my 3rd glass of water and had a preworkout snack of 1/2 FF/WW wrap with npb&tofu&dates . Gonna get breakfast now !

Good luck with eating today !:D

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday actually went well for me! I'm doing the happy dance! Maybe I should wait until the end of the week to do the happy dance. I am not ready for bathing suit weather at all, but I will be in August...I hope. It's time to prepare the rest of today's menu. Breakfast was 4 egg whites, 1 ounce parm cheese, 1 c. tomatoes and a slice of ezekiel toast. Have a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Everyone

I tried Cardio Kicks today and absolutely loved it. Even though its an older one it's really great. Anyway food so far:

B: 1 slice of rye bread with PB.
L: Beef & Veg Hotpot with Jacket potato. Grapes and Strawberries & Natural Low Fat Yoghurt.
S: Orange and Special K Cereal Bar.
D: Oat Cakes with Cottage Cheese.

Skimmed Milk and plenty of H2O.

Have a great day.
Laura
:)

Good morning!

I've got eggplant parm in the oven and cabbage frying on the stove. Meant to do this yesterday, but never got to it.

This morning's workout was LIC cardio blast premix and abs.

Finished off yesterday completely clean. Happy with that!

Gayle

Morning,

Did pretty well last night on my eating. The only thing that was added to my list from yesterday was some strawberries and a ritz cracker with cheese on it. DH was munching, and I couldn't resist. :)

Todays meal: (I'm like a partial clean eater)

M#1: 1 egg / 2 egg whites / 1 slice turkey bacon / 2 WW Waffles
M#2: Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal / Raspberries / FF Milk
M#3: Lean Cuisine Meal (don't know which one I had as I ran out the door) :) Small side salad from cafe.
M#4: Protein Bar / Apple (pre-workout)
M#5: Parmesan-Crusted Chicken / Brown Rice / Asparagus

Drink: So far I have had 2 cups of Coffee (wish I had more :) ), my green tea will be sometime today, and of course water. 160 oz of water was put into the body yesterday.

Exercise: StretchX

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi there~

Havana salad from EatClean looks really great!

I missed dinner yesterday and ended up w/ an apple and a LaraBar. I was hungry at night but it wasn't convenient to eat and I chose to push through. My work out ended up being Cardio Fusion Mix and Max. I'd only intended to do part of it but couldn't stop. Even though at the very end I stopped sweating and started feeling cold- not good. A friend of mine calls that exercise bulemia.

Today's work out should be a run w/ sprints while dtr is at TKD.
B - Rice Millet Wheatberry porridge from yesterday w/ nuts/flax/etc.
L - Cal Veggie wrap from Natures Way w/ balsamic vin. (must be 3 pds)
Snacks should include apple and other fruits
D - ??

It's been bathing suit season here since Feb. This is the first year I have worn a bikini since pg w/ dd number one, nearly 14. Go me!

Good Morning Ladies!

Happy Hump Day! Did somebody say SWIMSUITS! I swear the mirrors in the dressing rooms definitely need to be changed don't you think? Their just not kind. Looked at myself & whoa my lower body needs work!!!!

Yesterday's clean eating went well but changed up my last meal (had chicken & eggplant, peppers & onions instead). Changed up workout too. I did Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing premix called Combat Intervals using a bodybar + core. Pretty good workout for 60 min.

Today's meals are the same as yesterday. I plan ahead & cook up everything on Sunday & pack my meals in Tupperware to take w/me to work. Tonight's workout is a new one called Squeeze. Heard favorable reviews so we shall see. Everyone's meals & workouts look great too!

Have a wonderful day! Kathy:D

Hello clean eaters!

I finished my day yesterday pretty good on the eating part, so far so good.

Today my workout for the day is completed and I have consumed 32oz of water already - 64 more oz. to go.

My menu for the day will be something like this:

At dawn : 2 cups black coffee w/ 1 c. lite soy milk

pre-workout: 1 multigrain rice cake w/ 1 tsp. of peanut butter

post-workout breakfast: 1/2 c. oatmeal made w/ water and apple slices

lunch: 2 soft boiled eggs w/ celery sticks and carrots on the side maybe tuna not sure yet

snackage: apple w/ peanut butter

dinner: probably a lean ground beef patty sans the bun with lettuce, tomatoes

before bed : 1c lite soy milk

I'm trying my best to stay clean and I'll stay away from most of the snack foods my kids have here. Water is my friend with this ;)

Yesterday was a good day. Stuck to my menu exactly except I didn't eat my evening snack. I just didn't want it.

Today's plan:

B: oatmeal w/ flaxseed, wheat germ, and bee pollen; 4 egg whites w/ spinach
S: watermelon
L: turkey meatball w/ quintessential quinoa
S: either hummus and red pepper or 1 slice Ezekiel bread w/ nut butter and bee pollen
D: don't know yet.
S: we'll see

I don't log my water because I always drink a lot of water (maybe too much). As of today, I have probably drank about 100 oz.!

I plan on doing a full-body weight workout and some cardio. I have taken the last two days off and feel INCREDIBLY guilty! I don't know why, but I have been having a terrible time falling asleep and have not been able to wake up for my workout (finally fell asleep around 3 AM last night and I normally workout at 5). Anyway, I really need to get off my behind!!! I am normally SOOO good about workouts!

Lorie

You all get up so dang early, actually I get up around 6:30 AM, but have to drink my coffee before I even think about posting or reading anything:) Oh and I live on the West coast so I am way behind you Jersey girls!
:)

Ok, this AM workout is cardio. Maybe PlyoX or KenpoX. I am doing a heavy weight rotation this week, so am going back to the P90X series--except for legs, I did Cathe's GS Legs yesterday. Then I will switch it up next week by doing high reps/light weights with Cathe's ME, DM, etc...anyway!

In addition to what I listed yesterday add two handfuls of goji berries (dried), and 1 fat flush tortilla with lowfat cheese melted on top}( and one glass of vino, yep I know, I will be better today.
I eat the same things pretty much everyday, so my challenge really is my sweet tooth and my weakness for pinot grigio:9

On the menu today:

B-4 egg whites, lowfat cheese, spinach, baby arugula and mushrooms with one ff tortilla

S-tuna with broccoli sprouts

L-herb salad with chickpeas and chicken breast

S-berries

D-more Chicken breast with broccoli and ff tortilla

TONS of H20, 3 cups coffee

Happy Eats!:7

Hi there, all you healthy, clean eaters!
I don't understand why no one I know--except for you guys, of course--has ever heard of clean eating! I've mentioned it to a few friends and family, and they've never heard of it. That's why this forum is so important to me. You all are making fitness a priority, like I am. Anyway, I won't have much to post today--I'm having a colonoscopy in the morning and have to be on liquids all day today.
I guess that's considered "clean," right?! I'm only having sugar-free jello, tea, and water all day. I'm already hungry!! I did LIC this am--cardio premix. Have a great day.
Valerie

I just wanted to say Good luck with your colonoscopy Valerie!!
You did a cardio workout on a fasting day?:eek:
I couldn't do it !!

Lunch today was iced tea and stirfry chicken and veggies and brown rice.

So far, so good.:7

Hello ladies,

I shamefully must admit yesterday i had two cookies:( . I was so hungry and just couldn't resist. However the rest of the evening went well.

today i am doing great so far!

b-kashi go lean cereal w/ff milk
snack- lean hamburger patty no bun
lunch- grilled chicken ceasar salad (no croutons)
snack- organic clif bar
dinner- salmon with miex veggies

today's workout will be an istrength full body weights.

have a great day all....:)

Hello, girls. Greetings from Africa.

Today wasn't TOTALLY clean, but not bad.

B: raisin bran and milk
S: banana with 1T PB
lunch: salad--grilled eggplant and tomato with cheese, drizzled with olive oil, with herbs
S: oatmeal apricot bar (my best homemade imitation of a granola bar), with 6 oz milk
D: curried lentil soup with brown rice, fresh slice tomatoes and cucumbers with salt

Came pretty close to my 64 oz of water today but might've been right under. In a hurry tonight so I'll see you tomorrow!

Laura

OK, I'm ready...I got the itrain clean eating manual I downloaded and am completely ready to commit...So I guess since I have a couple of spare hours, I should go grill up some chicken breasts for the next few days, to have something on hand when I get the "grumblies"...oooh, and I just remembered I bought some farm fresh cucumbers and rhubarb...mmmmmmm...a refreshing salad's coming to mind...

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/182.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.