++++clean & chatty cathletes TGIF++++

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning chatty Cathes!

I love waking up to all your conversations each morning. It's a good motivation to get my butt in gear. I dropped the girls off at school and then went for my run and did 4DS bi/tri. I didn't do BC b/c I didn't have time to work out for 90 min! :) Tomorrow will be a 90 min with a run and then step heat. Sweaty mess I will be!

I would love to join you all at RT. It would be SOOOO fun. I will have to see if there is any way to work it out! Where do you fly into? Newark? Here's to wishful thinking! If it is to Newark, I could fly stand-by easily! It looks like there are 5 flights a day from O'Hare and they are WIDE open! EEK! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

OK, need to eat something since it's almost 11 and I haven't eaten yet!

BBL!

angie

Morning Angie! ^5 on the workout this morning!. I would love to do the RT again this year but I am not sure if I can get a spot. I will certainly try, though!

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! My mommy is coming tonight, yay, and I think we will be ordering pizza. I will plan my menu accordingly today so I can indulge a bit tonight.

Gotta get moving, be back soon...

Reporting my food thus far. Not happy with it but it will have to do since I have nothing else in the house.

Apple, bowl of golden grahams (can't be the worst right? at least it's "whole grain") We have no other cereals!! YIKES. Will have some chicken for lunch I think - maybe a wrap. I'll let you know.

Me again... has anyone done Cathe's 90 min rotation from Jan '06? It scares the heck out of me but looks good for a kick in the rear...

Hey again Angie, my WO was LIC UB and abs. I have been sore all week in my UB!! Need to give those muscles a good stretch before starting STS, aka "Cathe's own brand of hell" as Kate would say:p

A month of 90 minute workouts?? I would never survive. I can manage one per week, that's it!

I AM SO HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY!! AND I HAVE A THREE DAY WEEKEND (monday is Pres's Day, gotta love having a state job!)

I AM DOWN ANOTHER 3.5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't feel like I've "earned it " tho.....eats haven't been as stellar as I'd like. Bit I'll take it!:cool:

Angie, Great WO! I'm jealous of runners - I want to lke it but I just dont find joy in it. For RT you fly into Philly Int'l, aka WOrst Airport Ever.:p
I could never do a month of 90-minute wo's. Maybe you could incorporat some of them into a rotation?

Katie, Since theres only 1 RT it will be a figth to get in for sure!
Have fun with your mom tonight and enjoy your pizza. I s she staying til Monday?

---------------------
Taking the girls to Jumpin Jax today - a bounce house place. They have today and Monday off. I really just want to stay home and get stuff done but they deserve to have some fun too.

b - kashi heart-to-heart (my new addiction) and apple slices
not sure on the rest of the day yet -
wo - cardio/stretching

PS - My legs, from STS last night, are getting so tight. I gettin' scared how bad they're gonna hurt tonight! I MIGHT have overdone it!

morning all - i am hesitant to even psot b/c i feel so down and you all seem so up:( but, maybe it will be contagious and i will feel better. it was good to have dh home, but we are not exactly arguing, just trying to settle back in. he is disappointed i am not more "excited" to see him. frankly, i have too much on my mind abd cannot focus on his needs. aidan was up from 1am on last night, so i slept horrid, did 50 min of elliptical this am b/c, i was up anyways! and despite being so clean and portion controled yesterday, my scale went up 1 lb - i know, shold not weigh daily, but.... plus, i am starting off the day ravenous b/c i kept things so balanced yesterday and am sleep deprived. contact from my mom is just sad, and i am so worried about her thru the weekend now that she is out.

oh i probably should not have written all that. i am sorry, guys.

lets try some personals:

angie, enjoy the roadtrip if you get to g. no way i could swing it personally or financially. great workouts!

katie, i am sure you are loving your doms. have fun with your mom.

kate, enjoy the bouncy place. we have one about 35 min away and i need to take finn sometime.

bbl, hopefully with a better attitude.

Happy Friday!

Got a doctor's appointment this morning and I might have to take all three girls with me. I am not looking forward to that. I was supposed to be dropping them off at my parent's for the night, but that's not looking likely-my mom doesn't feel well. So no date night with hubby:( We're going to my grandma's for lunch so that should be fun. Today is cardio-hiit or kickbox and abs when I get home. The girls have today and Monday off, too. I think we're taking them to an indoor water park at a local community center this weekend sometime. Hoping Sunday so Darrin can take them swimming-a bathing suit in February is not my idea of fun.

Angie, I could NEVER do a monthlong rotation of 90 minute workouts! When I read some other check-ins and see people working out for 90 minutes-2 hours, I'm stunned! No thanks! If we can't make the road trip, we should have a "Clean and Tidy" retreat this summer:)

Katie, have a fun weekend with your mom and enjoy your pizza! What Plyo Legs did you end up doing yesterday? Not sure if I want to do the first one again on Sunday or try another.

Kate, way to go!! Have fun at the bounce house-Darrin might take the girls there next week during my KB class:) I love that Kashi. Have you tried the Kashi Honey Sunshine? It has 6 grams of fiber and only 6 grams of sugar and 100 calories per 3/4 cup.

Hi Anne, Robin, Collen, and Morris:)

b-cereal, fruit

bbl...

morris, you come be down if you need to!:)
sorry about dh issues.....i understand where you're coming from. is jax near your mom, i take it?
put that scale away! im weighing every 2-3 weeks and its much better on my psyche. maybe you just need to poop!:p:eek::p

klaudia, never tried that cereal....willpick it up next time k's on sale.
fun day & weekend! yeah, if i got i a bsuit right now......!!!!!!!!!! lordy, would that be a sight! my kangaroo pouh is scaaaaa-ry!

Morning ladies

Angie 90 min rotation is not me...but when I do sTS and extended stretch it ends up being 90 min

Katie pizza and mom's just go together. Have fun

Kate ^5s weight lose and feel the dOMS.

Morris here is some xoxoxoxoxo you need it.

Klaudia sorry about date night and enjoy the park

today no w/o b/c of my sinues :( I'm sick to my stomach so today I'll rest and do STS tri and back tomorrow. My church is having a singles' party on Sat I might just go..to get free food.;)

robin, LOL about your singles party!!!!
you deserve someone very special - i hope you find your prince some day!
hope you get feeling better!

robin, feel better, and go party!!!

kate, i'll bump up the fiber:eek:;)

klaudia, i need a date with dh too i think.

thanks for the support ladies. it means a lot

Morris, I'm glad everyone else is having a good day, but you and I can be down together, okay? Had a great day yesterday and a good session with the counselor, then the phone rang at 9 PM last night. It was BIL telling us that my MIL hasn't been feeling that great, her back is hurting her again, so she spends all day in bed sleeping. We're heading down there tonight, then I go to my parents tomorrow, and back to MIL's tomorrow night. DH and I are trying to convince ourselves how fun it will be, but it won't. It will be depressing. It's so hard to see her in so much pain. But, there's not much we can do right now, so I will try to have a better attitude.

Then, I was up later than I planned (someone needed to be thanked for sending flowers ;)), so I couldn't get up this morning to work out. I'm still in my jammies. I'm going to eat breakfast soon and then work out around 10 or so. Shhhhh...don't tell my boss.

Klaudia, road trip for sure! That's exactly what I thought when I saw you don't fly. It's probably about a 12 hour trip, but what fun! And, I love your idea of a clean and tidy retreat this summer. You, Kate, Angie, and I won't be all that far apart when she's in IL. Maybe we could figure something out.

Kate, have fun at the bouncy place. Do you get to bounce too? I loved that kind of stuff when I was a kid.

Robin, have fun at the party! It's good to get out once in a while, isn't it?

Angie, good job on the run! I know this will shock you, but I'm in the "I could never do a month of 90 minute work outs" camp. But, if it works for you, go for it!

Colleen, are you feeling better today?

Katie, enjoy your 3 day weekend! We used to be closed on President's Day, but my boss decided a lot of our members (they're libraries) are open, so we should be open too. But, he didn't want to take away a personal day, so now we get it as a floating holiday. We can take any day in February off without having to use leave time. That's what I used to be off on Monday this week.

Okay, I have to get some work done. BBL.

anne

Hey gals,

Ok... continued food journal:

chicken wrap (reg wrap... no whole wheat here! :() with salsa and a little cheese and lettuce
100 cal pack popcorn
small glass of diet coke (can't give this up!!!)

snack:
kiwi
dried prunes
handful of cashews

Feeling clean and tidy today. Let's see if I can keep it up. Dinner is beef tips in crock pot and I'll have a few pieces of our baguette and some roasted potatoes and fresh veggies (carrots and cucs).

Morris, sorry you're having a rough day - it's TOTALLY allowed. Believe me, I've had my fair share. You're hanging in there so much better than I would be. (((HUGS!!!)))

Anne, sorry it's a bad day for you. Everyone deserves a rest morning after a late night! Sorry you have to go care for parents this weekend. At least you and DH will be together!

Kate, sounds like a busy day for you! ^^^5 on the weight loss! You are a true inspiration! And my mouth is watering from all the kashi talk!

Katie, hope your day at work is going well! What kind of pizza tonight? I miss American pizza. Goat cheese with jambon et fromage just isn't my idea of pizza!

Klaudia, Ryan came home from work early today and he had downloaded the Duke/UNC game - it was awesome. I can't believe Hansborough is 4/4 at Duke! That kid is crazy. I hate to root for UNC though since they beat IL in the finals in '05. :(

Robin, enjoy the singles night. :) I'm sure you'll be the hottest one there!

So as much as I'd love to make it, I'm not sure that I could work out road trip. I'm not sure when I'll be in IL for sure so committing far in advance just would be hard. I'm not sure I'll make one until we live back in the states. But driving a couple hours to MI to meet up with the mid-western Cathletes would be great! :)

So, no one wants to be a 90 minute girl, huh? I enjoy long workouts as long as they have variety. Especially if I do a 30 min run and then an indoor WO. But the rotation she put out is CRAZY!

OK... still trying to figure out what we're going to do in April for fam vaca. Canary Islands is the winner right now...

BBL!

no fun happening heretoday. i got slammed w/ the worst stomach ache ever! i *never* get diarrhea, but boy do i have it now!:eek: and i really want to throw up but i cant. not sure where this came from all the sudden. :(:mad::(:confused: i had a 20 min nap. julias up now....i cant wait to go to sleep again!

angie, dont worry about the wrap. yes, we try our best toget whole grains but thats not gonna hurt a bit. sounds like youre doing great today!
youd be about 4 hrs from me & anne. we have to make s'thing work. we have plenty of room for your whole fam to stay w/ us if need be. and you could use the versaclimber!!!:D
your dinnersounds good - roast is our fams fave
vacca sounds soooo wonderful. in july we're going to traverse city but no plans til then.

anne, well, you snuck inan extra cardio anyway!;) did you wear a hrm??:p
thats nice you get an extraday off!
sorry for the bummer weekend coming up. my mom has ms and doesnt take care of herself at all. im going to dread taking care of her, esp. knowing she has done almost nothing to help herself. she sits around waiting for a miracle drug when there are so many natural remedies she could at least be trying. i sound bad dont i???:eek:
going to try thr bounce place on monday. and yes, i grt to bounce too!:cool: as much as i can w/ juliaanyway!

just posted this in od

dh and i are always looking for ways to "get" eachother.

i won last night!!!

we have this incredibly real-looking old man mask. it has been used since we were in highschool to play pranks on eachother, our parents, siblings and also dh's employees. good times!!

last night dh was in the shower, singing away like he's in an opera. its very, very funny. i put the mask on and just stood in front of the glass shower door waiting for him to notice me. well, he did!!! he screamed like a woman and for whatever reason PUNCHED our glass shower door twice!!! i threw the mask offbecause i was scared he was going to really hurt himself! thankfully, the glass didnt break!

i was uncontrollably laughing and he was so ticked at me. but then he started laughing hard too, swearing i would get it far more than he just did!

Hi Everyone!

I need to keep this short and sweet because I have a million things to do and a meeting soon.

Angie, for the RT, you will need to fly into Philly. I think it is a 2 hour drive from Newark. I did Tracey's 90 minute rotation last January and it was really hard. I lost weight but gained it right back in Feb.
Katie, have fun with your Mom tonight.
Kate, sorry you are not feeling well.
Morris & Anne, I didn't post last night because I was down. Sometimes it helps to have some friends to listen to you. I hope your days get better.

Chris sent me flowers today at work for my birthday and Valentine's Day. I did STS legs this morning and I think I will be sore tomorrow. I am still sore from back and tri's which I did on Wed. I will try to check back later.

collee, what a sweet guy!! hope you have a great weekend!
sorry you were feeling down....maybe the weekend will help.
dont work too hard today!:)

anne, i will eb thinking of you this weekend! hugs to you too.

colleen, hope today is a better day.

work is crazy, but it has helped lift my mood to help a lot of very sick animals today. now i am rushing, though, to get my hair cut. eats are clean and will stay that way. not too tired , yet!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.