((((Chinups/Pullups And Stuff)))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Hey ladies!!! I hope your families are ok. I've been keeping them in my prayers.

I have been such a slug!!! The good news is my foot is feeling better, I think. The reason I say I think is that I've not been up on it much this weekend and I wonder if when I go back to work if it'll act up again. I am gonna be positive and say it's better :) I did have a session with Katie yesterday. We did mostly corrective stuff. We are discovering lots of things like my right glute does not know how to fire LOL!! I did some upper body stuff today and a couple of leg exercises kb one legged DL and leg curls mostly. I hope to get back to REAL w/o soon!!

Is it Monday already :confused: **sigh** There will be no w/o for me today. My niece is a homecoming queen candidate and I will be attending the game. I go back to the podiatrist tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that my foot does ok today.

Hope you all had a good weekend!!

Catherine-

Thanks for thinking of us. I hope everything is OK with Linda & family. My dad goes in tomorrow for the angiogram and then decisions go from there. I'm so nervous on how this will stress his heart but I just have to keep the faith.

I did disc 7 this morning and if I gotta do one more #$&%# pushup I'm gonna lose it! There were over 13 different sets of PU with drop sets, 21's, straddle, staggered, SB, wide, standard, crossover, blah blah blah! It wouldn't be so bad except I put too much pressure on myself to do all of them on my toes and when I can't, I feel like a failure. I did better with lifting my target weight with everything except shoulders.

Congrats to your niece. I hope she wins! Good luck with your dr appt tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Judi, best of luck with your dad tomorrow and I will send out a prayer!!

I hear ya about those pushups. Just watching them wears me out :p I am the same way as you, I feel like a failure when I can not do them all. I almost wish she'd done like Tony H did-have some finish before others. Then I wouldn't feel so bad:)

My foot is more bothersome today, but it's not bad. I just want to be able to do step again!!!

Linda, please let us know when you can how things are.

Judy - I hope all goes well with your Dad today. Having gone through it with my Dad I completely understand how you are feeling. My prayers are with you. Oh and all those pushups sound dreadful. I am with you though and I feel like a failure too when I can't do them all.

Catherine
- Sorry your foot is still bothering you. Hope you can get more relief soon. Congratulations to your niece!

Okay I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up yet. So I am just going to start with an update.

They did a heart cath on my Dad yesterday and found a posterier artery that was 99% blocked. When the closed that area to work, my Dad developed the same pain that he has been expereincing the last several days. As soon as the put the new stent in (#4) the pain stopped. He should be coming home today.

I took my DS to the doctor yesterday morning, before going to the hospital for Dad, and DS has pnuemonia. Got scary yesterday when he temp hit over 104. But he got meds now and seems to be a bit better this morning. Although we ended up in a steamy bathroom last night for 20 minutes, trying to ease the cough.

And the biopsy report came back for my sister. There were no tumor cells, but there were blood cells, so they will remove the lump to play it safe.

As for me other than feeling a bit run down and really tired, I am doing great!

As for workouts I did LowMax on Saturday and burned like 588 calories. I did Amy's Slo Mo Total Body Challange 1 yesterday, stats below. And this morning I did LIC Cardio Premix (got up late after getting to bed late) and burned 394 calories.

[FONT=&quot]Total Body Challenge 1: warm up from leg

Rep count for most of these was eight, but could be wrong on some, so the first number represents how many sets at that weight.

Jefferson squats done on alternating sides
3- 35 ***The toes in and out on this are killer***

Hammy rockers
2- 20's
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Decline Bench Press
2 - 70# ***Added this on my own, good news is I was able to do full ROM this time***
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1- 65#

Lying row on ball
3 - 25's

Shoulder press on Ball with barbell
2 - 40# ***Only made 7 reps on the second set***

Bicep Bonfire
3 - 15's

French curls w/ DB (aka skullcrushers)
3 - 35# ***found the 35# DB hard to hold in the horizonital position:confused:****

Stretch from chest section
[/FONT]

Okay I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up yet. So I am just going to start with an update.

They did a heart cath on my Dad yesterday and found a posterier artery that was 99% blocked. When the closed that area to work, my Dad developed the same pain that he has been expereincing the last several days. As soon as the put the new stent in (#4) the pain stopped. He should be coming home today.

I took my DS to the doctor yesterday morning, before going to the hospital for Dad, and DS has pnuemonia. Got scary yesterday when he temp hit over 104. But he got meds now and seems to be a bit better this morning. Although we ended up in a steamy bathroom last night for 20 minutes, trying to ease the cough.

And the biopsy report came back for my sister. There were no tumor cells, but there were blood cells, so they will remove the lump to play it safe.

As for me other than feeling a bit run down and really tired, I am doing great!

Oh my Linda ((hugs)) and prayers for all of your family!! I am glad to hear the good news about your sister. Also glad your dad is better with his new stent. That's some scary stuff with your DS. Remember to take care of you!!

Judi, also sending prayers to your family for your dad's procedure ((hugs))

My foot has been more bothersome since being on it at work. So I know that if even just routine daily activites aggravate it it's not better :( I am terrified about my appointment though. I don't normally get such anticipatory anxiety, but the last injection hurt soooo bad I am scared.

OMG Linda...I think all our prayers have been answered! I'm so glad to hear good news for your dad and sister. Those stents work miracles! My dad's angiogram revealed no further heart damage and his stents that were put in 12 years ago are still doing their job. His arteries are good and his heart was pumping strong. The heart doctor wants us to follow up, now that we know the heart is OK, and get his lungs checked.

I'm sorry to hear DS has pnuemonia. That must have been scary when his temp got that high. Glad he's on meds and hope his recovery is swift.

Catherine, Did you go to the podiatrist today? I hope it wasn't as painful this time and you get faster relief. I feel for you...nothing worse than wanting to workout when you can't:( Hang in there!! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my dad. I'm sending some right back at you for your foot!

Judi, glad to hear the udate on your dad. Wow what a week!!

My appt went ok. The injection, although painful, was not near as painful as the last. I will be going every two weeks for about 4-7 injections. It is still sore from the injection. So I guess that means no w/o again today :( But that's ok, I know it will get better. Thanks for your prayers!!

OMG Linda...I think all our prayers have been answered! I'm so glad to hear good news for your dad and sister. Those stents work miracles! My dad's angiogram revealed no further heart damage and his stents that were put in 12 years ago are still doing their job. His arteries are good and his heart was pumping strong. The heart doctor wants us to follow up, now that we know the heart is OK, and get his lungs checked.

I'm sorry to hear DS has pnuemonia. That must have been scary when his temp got that high. Glad he's on meds and hope his recovery is swift.

Judi - So glad to hear all is well with your Dad's heart. They said my Dad's previous stents were doing well also. Thanks for all the prayers.

My appt went ok. The injection, although painful, was not near as painful as the last. I will be going every two weeks for about 4-7 injections. It is still sore from the injection. So I guess that means no w/o again today :( But that's ok, I know it will get better. Thanks for your prayers!!

Catherine - You must be going stir crazy by this time! I don't know how you are doing it.:confused:

DS is doing better. He did stay home again today because his stomach is still a little queasy. He looks tired and pale. But it's nice to see him upo and smiling.:D

Be back in a bit to post my workout.

DS is doing better. He did stay home again today because his stomach is still a little queasy. He looks tired and pale. But it's nice to see him upo and smiling.:D

Be back in a bit to post my workout.

Glad to hear your DS is better!!!!

Oh, and yes I am going stir crazy :confused:

Here is this morning's workout:

This was Total Body Challenge 2, again everything had 8 reps except the Single Leg Rock up Squat which had 12, usually with varying rep speeds.

[FONT=&quot]Warm up from Back and shoulders

Wobble Hack Squats
3 - 25's

One Arm Lat Pullover on Ball
3 - 12# ***This one worried me with my shoulder****

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Cradle Side lunge
3 - 70# ***Found cradling enough weight to challenge my legs painful on my forearms.****

Seated row/ barbell & Band
3 - purple & green band

Single leg squat on ball
2 - 25#

Standing reverse flies w/ external rotation
3 - 10's

Chest around the worlds
1 - 12's
1 - 10's

Standing Contraction Concentration curl w/barbell
3 - 50# ***Had to rest a bit longer than Amy to stay at 50#***

Decline Tricep dips
3 - 35#

Core *** skipped this***

Stretch from chest section
[/FONT]

Linda, your workouts always intrigue me. Trying to visualize the single leg squat on the ball :confused:

Judi, how is everything going??

I am really chomping at the bit to w/o but I am gonna rest again tonight. Tomorrow I will do some upper body. Trying to be a good patient LOL!!

Linda, your workouts always intrigue me.
ITA!! Even though I'm not sure what some of the exercises are:eek: but they sound cool.

Judi, how is everything going??
Its going good. I missed my cardio w/o yesterday so I decided to do MIC today. Yowza...I haven't done that one in a couple years but it brought back memories as it was my very first Cathe w/o I got 10 years ago. Legs are a little achy from all the high impact but otherwise OK. I've got disc 8 back & triceps on tap for tomorrow and I'm excited about using my new pullup bands:)

I am really chomping at the bit to w/o but I am gonna rest again tonight. Tomorrow I will do some upper body. Trying to be a good patient LOL!!

I can imagine how you feel but I must commend you for listening to your body and not pushing it. I'm not so good at that which would explain my numerous injuries:eek:. I'm looking forward to when you start STS so we can compare notes.

Have a great evening!!

Linda, your workouts always intrigue me. Trying to visualize the single leg squat on the ball :confused:

Okay let's see if I can describe this? You sit in a stability ball and hold a DB in one hand down by your thigh. Now you push your self up on the leg that is on the same side as the DB, into kind of a hover squat. Then land back down on the ball and kind of bounce/push back into hover position. This is repeated 8 times, then followed by 4 reps of 4 count holding hover squat. (The other leg is held off the ground). BTW, your other hand remains in contact with ball so it doesn't roll away and you land on your arse!:p

Catherine
- So how's the foot?

Judy - I didn't know what these exercises were either until I watched the DVD. But I have to admit that is why I like it because the exercises are so different.:D

This morning I did 4 Ds Double Cardio Premix. Workout was 58 minutes and I burned 448 calories. Realized today that I haven't missed a stretch in almost 60 days. That my friends is a record!:eek:

Linda, good idea to keep the other hand on the ball- that would be a tragedy if it rolled away :eek: It sort of sounds like the one leg sit and stands Cathe does in STS only harder because of the SB!! How are you son and dad doing?

My foot is actually a little better, but the cold that I've been fighting is raging today :( No workout again and I feel like crap!! Sorry to be so whiney lately. I will spring back from this!!!

Judy, how is STS going?? Are the bands working out for ya? How's your dad?

I'll be takng some nyquil shortly and going to bed!!! :confused:

Today was disc 8 back & triceps. Luckily the target weight stayed at 65%. I did 2 sets of 12 chinups and 1 set of 8 pullups using my medium band. I like the bands better than using a chair since I seemed to cheat more with the chair. However, I can't do negatives with the bands so I may switch things up in the future. I hope it won't be too long before I can move down to the light band.

Anyone know why kickbacks seem so hard in this series? I'm only at 13 lbs right now but I'm hitting failure and form takes a nosedive before the set is over. I'm challenged but not failing with the OV & BB tricep extensions, x-body kickbacks, and band work. What gives?

Linda, those squats on the ball sound hard:confused:. I like doing unique moves too...takes the boredom factor away.

Catherine, DRATS...first your foot and now a cold? That just sucks! You are entitiled to whine all you want;) Take care!

Linda, good idea to keep the other hand on the ball- that would be a tragedy if it rolled away :eek: It sort of sounds like the one leg sit and stands Cathe does in STS only harder because of the SB!! How are you son and dad doing?

Linda, those squats on the ball sound hard:confused:. I like doing unique moves too...takes the boredom factor away.

Yeah, Amy and her crew have the advantage because they use those balls with the sand in them or whatever.:confused:

My Dad and DS are both doing much better!:D:D:D

Okay question. I was looking over the Workout Cards for STS. Wouldn't it be possible to do it with out the dvd's since all the info is on the cards? And are some of the Workout Cards mislabeled in the drop drown list, because why would MESO 2 & 3 be mixed in with MESO 1. I would think they would just go in order?

Anyway,Today was Total Body Challange 3 from Amy's Slo Mo. Again sets had 8 reps with varying speeds.

[FONT=&quot]Total body Challenge 3:

warm up from chest bi tri,

Sumo Squat ,
3 - 70#

Seated row/ barbell
3 - Purple & Green Band ***Getting good DOMS from this***

Hammy rocker,
3 - 20's

Cuban press
3 - 12's

Glute wrap with barbell

3 - 40# ***This is one tough exercise, I just about fall over****

Standing Shrugs

3 - 75#

Incline chest flies

3 - 20's ***the slow reps toasted my chest:p

Standing concentration curl w/barbell,
2- 50#
1 - 45#***I made 3 sets at 50 the other day, but had to drop because arms are still feeling the work from the other day****:eek:

Tricep band push down

3 - Purple & Pink Band **loved this one:D Toasted my Tri good***

Tricep dips

3 - bodyweight ** Skipped today, ran out of time

Core **skipped this, ran out of time. Will try & do tomorrow.;)

Stretch from the legs workout[/FONT]

Linda, glad to hear you dad and son are better. I think STS is doable without the disks. Esp with Cathe TV showing some of the more tricky moves. I am sure there are some errors on the workout cards, but I haven't looked at them that closely since I haven't started the program

Judy, way to go with those chinups and pullups!! I love the bands for assist. I think they work you much harder than using a chair.

I felt like complete crap this morning-h/a, sorethroat, congestion. So no workout again. As a matter of fact I cancelled my kb session for tomorrow. I hope to do something on Sunday. The good news is that the foot seems to be doing some better!!!! FINALLY :eek::eek::eek:

Linda, I agree with Catherine. I think you could do STS without the dvd's as long as you don't need the motivation you get from "watching" or "listening" the workout. You could ask us for help on any moves in the w/o card that aren't on Cathe TV.

Catherine, Glad to hear your foot is better. Now you just need to shake this cold and you'll be BACK!! I can't wait until you start STS so we can compare notes although I missing my kettlebell workouts big time. BTW, I ordered the Cathe 8lb medicine ball from Amazon.

Today was cardio and I swear I'm going to throw out my iPod! I was halfway thru CCV8 when it froze up on me and wouldn't reset. I have an old 1st generation pod and would really like to get the new tough one but I also want a 16kg bell and ...............:rolleyes:

Have a great night! Another yawn-fest here as DH has had a stessful week and doesn't want to do anything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.