(((Chinups-Everybody Loves Them!!)))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Wow!!! The weekend has gone by sooooooo quickly :( Where oh where does the time go.

I am STILL sore in the upper body from 1 RM testing on Friday. And I only did chest and back :confused: My tushie is sore from KB w/o yesterday :)

The good news is that my foot seems to be behaving. I think I will take another week off from any cardio though. Much as I hate it, I know I need to rest it. Maybe I will do some swings as cardio.

JJ, I meant to aks what are you using for the "sliding" moves in STS? I bought these furniture sliders at Walmart for $10 bucks (there were 4 in the package) and it works great. I had tried the paper and plastic plates on my puzzle mat flooring and they didn't work at all.

Linda, what are you doing today??

Just finished more of my 1RM testing. Man, that's a workout in itself and I am not even done LOL!!

I wonder why Cathe decided to use DBs for so much of the leg work in STS. Now according to my 1RM I need heavier DBs. The heaviest pair I have is a set of 35 pounders. I have a single 40 & 50 pounder. Apparently I need a 40 pound mate :( I like to buy pairs at the same time because every time I have bought singles like that (esp in heavier wts) they are off a bit in size-don't match each other :confused:

Catherine, I remember being pretty sore after doing my 1 rep max tests too. Going super heavy and hitting failure in 8-10 reps really packs a punch.

I used the plastic lid from an ice cream bucket in place of paper plates but it wasn't as smooth as I'd like. I debated getting gliding discs but I'm going to try a few more "household" items first.

I used 35's for squats in disc3 and could have gone heavier but my arms give out before my legs. Not sure what the solution is but I might switch to a bb and see how that goes.

Judi

I used 35's for squats in disc3 and could have gone heavier but my arms give out before my legs. Not sure what the solution is but I might switch to a bb and see how that goes.

Judi

That's what I am worried about. I guess you get a bit of upper body work while doing the lower body too LOL!!!

Well, I just ordered 2 40# dbs from esportsonline :confused: I already had 1 40 pounder, but as I stated earlier I've had trouble with them not matching exactly right when I purchase them seperately. Besides these will have the ergo handle which I love. And shipping was free!! I really should take my old dbs to Play it Again Sports or something and see what they will give me for them.

I am not sure if I will do a kb w/o this evening or continue doing my 1 RM stuff. Decisions, decisions!!

I just finished disc 4 and the targets weights went up 5% although it felt like 50% with some exercises:confused: I'm really struggling with the shoulder work and hitting failure early. It's all those #&*#*%# pushups! Looking forward to cardio tomorrow.

Catherine, have fun breaking in your 40 lbers! I was reading another thread about heavy weights & arm fatigue and someone mentioned wrist hooks. Do you have them? I wonder if they really help cuz if they do, I could use them for squats & DL.

Linda, whatcha got planned for today?

Judi

Judi, I don't have any straps or hooks. I think Linda does. I may have to look into it though :confused:
I am afraid that I will have to drop my wt a little from my 1rm testing. I KNOW some of them are too heavy for me to be doing with all the other work included. It's one thing if you are doing just 1 set of something, but with multiple sets, it's gonna be a problem!!

Judi

That's what I am worried about. I guess you get a bit of upper body work while doing the lower body too LOL!!!

Catherine, have fun breaking in your 40 lbers! I was reading another thread about heavy weights & arm fatigue and someone mentioned wrist hooks. Do you have them? I wonder if they really help cuz if they do, I could use them for squats & DL.

Judi

Judi, I don't have any straps or hooks. I think Linda does. I may have to look into it though :confused:
I am afraid that I will have to drop my wt a little from my 1rm testing. I KNOW some of them are too heavy for me to be doing with all the other work included. It's one thing if you are doing just 1 set of something, but with multiple sets, it's gonna be a problem!!

And that my friends is where versagripps come in. I absolutely love them, for enabling me to hold enough weight in my hands to challenge my legs. As far as the hooks posted on the OD, stay away from them. I have them and they cut into my hands and wrist something awful. So unless you are into pain.....

My shoulder injury from Friday is still feeling good, but I decided no KBs for me this week. Just too much swinging that weight around and I thought slow and controlled would be wiser. I decided on a week of Amy's Slo Mo Challenge doin the three full body premixes. But don't you know, last night I am taking my purse off, it's a backback style, and when I pull the right arm back pain shoots down the outside of the shoulder and starts aching. Friday the front of the shoulder, last night the outside. What is up with that shoulder?????
Shoulder felt okay this morning so I proceeded as planned , with caution.
Let me just add I love these workouts. Many of the exercises are so different.

[FONT=&quot]Total Body Challenge 1: warm up from leg

I think the rep count for most of these was eight, but could be wrong on some, so the first number represents how many sets at that weight.

Jefferson squats done on alternating sides
1 - 35
2 - 30 ***The toes in and out on this are killer***

Hammy rockers
1 - 20's
1 - 15's ***need a strong low back for these***

Lying row on ball
2 - 25's
1 - 20's ***felt this a lot in back of shoulder, ?***

Shoulder press on Ball with barbell
2 - 35# ***Nothing different here, but was reall cautious with this one***

Bicep Bonfire
2 - 15's
1 - 12's ***This hit the biceps like nothing I have ever done before, the name says it all:eek:****

French curls w/ DB (aka schullcrushers)
3 - 35# ***found the 35# DB hard to hold in the horizonital position:confused:****

That is all that was scheduled, but felt like the chest was neglected so I added the following:
Decline Bench Press
2 - 65# ***Now this is where I felt Friday's injury in the front on my shoulder. Could not bring the elbow past chest level, so I basically worked the top half of the move***

Then did a 12 minutes cardio blast of 6 intervals at a 30/60 ratio. Burned 493 calories.[/FONT]

Linda, I think it was wise to stick with slow and controlled w/o for your shoulder;) Looks like a good w/o!!

My foot is acting up a bit again :confused: So I did more 1 RM testing this evening. I only did like 11 or 12 exercises but :eek: Mostly biceps,shoulders and triceps.

Judi, I tried the wall squat thing again today with shoes on lol and did better. I did it barefoot yesterday. But still only did it with a pitful 5 pounds in each hand :eek: It really takes a fair bit of core strength to do these IMO.

****screams I wanna do some cardio :confused:!!! ****

Judi!!! I have a 1 RM exercise ??? What the heck is the difference betweem #647 "incline side raise on sb" and # 687 side leaning lateral raise'?? They look the same to me in the picture AND in the workout :confused::confused::confused:

Judi!!! I have a 1 RM exercise ??? What the heck is the difference betweem #647 "incline side raise on sb" and # 687 side leaning lateral raise'?? They look the same to me in the picture AND in the workout :confused::confused::confused:

OMG..I wish you could see my printout of the pdf. 1 rep max chart which is sitting right next to my computer. I have a big note asking what is the difference between #687 & #647! LOL:eek: I think they are the same thing. I had to do them today in disc4, my target weight was 10's and I struggled! WTH:mad:...something about that angle makes them so much harder than your basic side lateral. I suppose after a billion pushups, my shoulders had checked out.

Judi

And that my friends is where versagripps come in. I absolutely love them, for enabling me to hold enough weight in my hands to challenge my legs. As far as the hooks posted on the OD, stay away from them. I have them and they cut into my hands and wrist something awful. So unless you are into pain.....

Linda, Thanks...I googled them and I'm intrigued. Do you wear these in place of gloves? Did you get the classic, professional or fit ones and where did you buy them?

Sorry to hear your shoulder tweaked and felt achy again. Frustrating, I know but glad to hear you are being careful not to push it. I was icing my shoulder today and trying to figure out how to roll it on the foam roller:confused:.

Judi

OMG..I wish you could see my printout of the pdf. 1 rep max chart which is sitting right next to my computer. I have a big note asking what is the difference between #687 & #647! LOL:eek: I think they are the same thing. I had to do them today in disc4, my target weight was 10's and I struggled! WTH:mad:...something about that angle makes them so much harder than your basic side lateral. I suppose after a billion pushups, my shoulders had checked out.

Judi

LOL Judi!! OK, I have 1 more for ya. 108 Deadlifts (which says back) and 531 Stiff Legged DLs (which are legs). I know the 531 is in the squat rack dvd and heavier, but the form looks the same to me????

Linda, I hope we are not driving you crazy with all of this STS talk :eek:

Hmmm...you got me on that one! Maybe #108 has knees slightly bent to put more emphasis on the back whereas #531 straight/stiff legs puts more emphasis on the hams. Just a guess........

Hmmm...you got me on that one! Maybe #108 has knees slightly bent to put more emphasis on the back whereas #531 straight/stiff legs puts more emphasis on the hams. Just a guess........

You are probably right, but I think I am just gonna count them as the same :D

Linda, Thanks...I googled them and I'm intrigued. Do you wear these in place of gloves? Did you get the classic, professional or fit ones and where did you buy them?

Sorry to hear your shoulder tweaked and felt achy again. Frustrating, I know but glad to hear you are being careful not to push it. I was icing my shoulder today and trying to figure out how to roll it on the foam roller:confused:.

Judi

Judi - I have the classic version and yes you can wear them in place of gloves. I try to go with out gloves most of the time but if I am supersetting an exercise that I help with grip with one that I don't I just leave them on and treat them as gloves.

PS: I haven't seen a way to use the foam roller on the shoulder.

Linda, I hope we are not driving you crazy with all of this STS talk :eek:

Actually I find it quite entertaining. :p

Can I just say that I feel like BLECH today :confused: Thanks for listening :)

Sorry you feel so blech today, I completely understand I have been fighting a headache all day.

This morning I did BM2 Cardio Blast including the stretch, workout was 59 minutes and I burned 481 calories.

Had to work this morning and let me just say... I love my job!

I am sure there's a way to foam roller a shoulder, but heck if I can figure it out. But I am not very coordinated anyway :eek:

It's funny as crappy as I have felt all day I had a good w/o. I debated on even doing anything. But I opted to do some lower body stuff that Katie has me working on and chinups. Would figure after doing some upper body 1 RMs yesterday and feeling bad that my numbers would suck. Well, they were better than last week- go figure. I did 2 sets of 6 (probably could've done 7 on the first) and 3 sets of 5.

Linda, I love to hear that you love your job!! I am sooooo happy for you.

Judi, what w/o did you do today???

Wonders where everyone is??? I am not sure what if anything I'll be doing this evening. Foot is throbbing. It's not bad, but it is a nuisance.

Another Amy Bento Slo Mo morning for me. And for once in about 6 months I didn't do any cardio. Felt weird, like I was cheating or something.:p

This was Total Body Challenge 2, again everything had 8 reps except the Single Leg Rock up Squat which had 12, usually with varying rep speeds.

[FONT=&quot]Warm up from Back and shoulders

Wobble Hack Squats
3 - 20's

One Arm Lat Pullover on Ball
3 - 10# ***This one worried me with my shoulder****

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Cradle Side lunge
3 - 65# ***Found cradling enough weight to challenge my legs painful on my forearms.****

Seated row/ barbell & Band
3 - purple band

Single leg squat on ball
3 - 20#

Standing reverse flies w/ external rotation
3 - 10's

Chest around the worlds
1 - 12's
1 - 10's ***tried 15's but too hard, this is one tough exercise***

Standing Contraction Concentration curl w/barbe
ll
1 - 50#
1 - 45#
1 - 40# ***My forearms were burning during this, which is why I kept lowering the weight***

Decline Tricep dips
3 - Bodyweight

Core *** I only did some of this.

Stretch from chest section

Workout was about 1:17 and I burned 394 calories.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.