The Chinup/Yoga Checkin 10-21

briee

Cathlete
It nearly killed me to post that - but I'm softening Sooooooooooooosan. :7 :7 :7

Just checkin in to let Catherine know that I'm ALREADY getting a twinge of soreness and I just finished BC about 6 hours ago.x( x( x( Great workout to wake up all those atrophying muscles I was acquiring. I feel a P90X rotation returning if NOBODY ANSWERS MY POST IN OD. I was so lookin forward to freestyling it. Waves to everyone in chinnin/yoga land.

Briee

I was just about to start a "Homecoming Queen" check-in when I saw your post, Briee, and almost fell out of my chair. Step by step, you're coming over to the bright side, the gentle side.

So much activity in the Donut Check-In yesterday after I left!

But back to homecoming: that poor child didn't know what hit her last night when this 44-yr-old woman catapulted over the fence, ran to the middle of the field, snatched off the young girl's tiara and paraded around the track with the homecoming king. Revenge is sweet.:p :p :p

Melody, you were so close to being queen. I hope you're planning revenge on that two-bit basketball star. What were your classmates thinking???

Briee, I'm so proud of you for doing BC (with your 4-yr-old daughter no less - I hope you didn't cut her any slack:p). I wouldn't start a P90X rotation yet since the new Cathe's will probably be shipped by the end of the week and you'll want to do them.

Hey Catherine, Joanne, Janie, Boybert and HB! What's are you all up to today? I guess I'll do one more circuit (which will make three this week), maybe the Gauntlet this time.

Melody-OK, I am jealous. I even took cheerleading class in 5th grade.

Yesterday, I did CTX Power Circuit and Body Max Circuit. I love combining those two. Great leg workout. I also worked on my chins. Last night, I did a Pilates workout that I took out of the library. I really like it.

My mother (who is 80 and still goes square dancing, ballroom dancing, line dancing) has this posted in her kitchen.

"If you rest you rust"

Joanne

Okay, you guys, I never check-in here because I'm a chin-up/pull up wimp, but I had to share this! I've been doing P90X and last night I did ONE WHOLE WIDE GRIP OVERHAND PULL-UP - UNASSISTED!!!!!!

I was so excited I about screamed. I knew y'all would understand:)

Ummmmmmmmm... does this mean I get a donut?:p

Briee, you softy you,

FitnessFreak (Debbie) is doing some workout that is pushing past her slump. You may want to ask her about it. It sounds intense, so that might be up your ally.

Soosan,

I'm doing a lot of circuits lately to get rid of build up poundage. The Gauntlet sounds evil enough for me today. I was going to do a step, but I feel really good today, so Gauntlet it is, and some yoga. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joanne,

You sure do a great job on exercising. Do you usually workout twice a day, and so much? Makes me wonder if I should be doing that as well. I may have to work up to that though.

Shelley,

Congratulations! You deserve all the donuts you want. Good Going girl, I'm screaming for ya. I'm very impressed!

Have fun everyone,

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

Shelly-Great job! I know the day that I can do one I will be screaming it out my front door!

Janie-No, I usually don't do two workouts in a day. Sometimes, like last night I was bored, home alone, and so I thought I would do the pilates. It is usually not planned if I do two, just kind of happens, especially with riding my bike, taking a walk or a run.

Joanne

Soosan,

I may take back the Gauntlet, since I did Cardio and Weights yesterday. I'll do a step instead.

Joanne,

So you are human after all. Thank God!

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

I'm back to report that I did the Viper. I've never done it before, and based on the back cover description, was expecting cardio mixed with ME UB weights only. Turned out to have LB too (which was fine). Of the four cardio sessions, the last two contained the toughest Imax2 intervals (5 and 9). It was a great workout, but long and pretty hard at times! I think the Gauntlet is easier if I remember correctly. Tomorrow will be power yoga and abs - maybe Yoga X if I have the time.:)

Wow you ladies are chatty this morning!!

Shelly big High Five on the wide grip pullup!!! I can't even do 1 close grip right now. Just chins. I used to could do 2 close grip pullups x(. So rock on girl!!! And feel free to come and play we are a fun group!!

Soooooooooooosan, did that really happen? Wow people amaze me.

Joanne, I bet your mother can run circles around all of us!! I hope to be so vibrant as I age.

Briee, I am sore today too!! What post in OD??

Janie, go for the Gauntlet!! Yea, I agree with you do some step instead!!

I just finished a 2 hour self defense seminar. It was fun and informative. I really would like to take some martial arts classes. I wanted to show them that I could do chinups but didn't get the chance LOL!!!

It's a beautiful day today here in KY.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Sooooooooooooosan....ROTFLOL - Your coronation sounds well deserved. Not every 44 y/o can catapult!!! I bet you learned that from Rocky.

SHELLEY....what is the deal...I change the name to chinup/yoga thread and we immediately get a newby pullerupper. I was waiting for you to say that all the yoga helped you do your pullup, but NOT SO (Soosan :p :p ). Isn't that P90X awesome!! WAIT TO GO GIRL!!

Janie...I'll have to check Fitness Freak out, thanks. I catch threads hit or miss lately.

Catherine, so what are we doing today? Soosan did the Viper....hmmmm maybe it's a Vipery kind of a day.

Briee

I just did IMAX 2. And I am pooped. I am a lower body WOOSIE!!!!! I really need to work on that. Legs are still sore from BC. But to give myself credit I didn't do much lower body the entire month of Sept because of my sciatica-so I feel like I just have to ease back into it. Yeah, that's it uh hum,.....

Duh, Soooooooooooosan **smacks self on forehead** I just reread your post. I got it now LOL!!!!

BTW I got new shoes a couple of weeks ago-nike shox- they sucked!!! Took them back today and got Ryka AffirmXT and BIG difference!!! But I still have a problem with my toes (esp left foot) burning during workouts???? Shoes are not too tight either. I get a 1/2 size bigger so that I have extra toe room. Anyone else have this problem.

Hey Melody, Deb and HB whatcha up to today??
Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Thank you for posting about the shoes. I've always wanted to try the Nike Shox, but you saved me LOTS of money. Guess I should be thankful for my Ryka's!!

Imax II huh. I'll go see if that works on the DVD player. For some reason my Terminator DVD won't turn on and I tried it on both players. Bummer....no Viper.

Briee

I'M IN!! They are so cute....can I be the little porcupine breakdancing in the front?

Okay....so here's what I did. My terminator worked on a cheap spare player that we had up in our bedroom, BUT we lost the remote for it. VERY IRRITATING as I could see the menu, but could only choose the first rotation which was the gauntlet. So that's what I did and I added heavy bicep work at the end and negative wide from pullups and some chins (not many mind you!).

I was sore to begin with...but I think it was easier today than yesterday. KEEP ME GOIN GUYS. I always have you to thank for ANY workouts that I do right now!!!

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.