Chinup check in 10/12/06

VERY VERY VERY VERY CUTE little guys Catherine!!!

I've got 3 little sickies and mom's sick to boot (my mom, not me). But there was this nice cozy warm feeling inside today as the snow flew with a nasty wind outside. You know that "fall" feeling?

Hopefully I'll get a LITTLE sleep tonight. Waving to all. No workout today, but I did two yesterday am and pm, does that count for today????

Hey Melody, is the cast off yet???? You probably are developing a huge upper body with all that "boy in the cast" lifting:7 :7 .

Briee

Hey guys! I'm back from Baltimore and buried in stuff to do at home and work. I didn't get a chance to work out yesterday but will hopefully be able to squeeze something in today.

Yes, Briee, two workouts yesterday counts as today's workout too, just as two donuts yesterday counts as your donut today. Yoga should be done every day no matter what.:p Especially when you're training for a yogathalon. What's the temperature by you? I keep forgetting to mention how your "896" posts keep making me LOL! Sorry to hear everyone's sick. Hope they feel better soon!

Catherine, I read your last few posts. You're doing awesome! You must be very proud of yourself.

Hi Melody, HB, and Joanne!:)

Thank you Sooooooooooooosan! But I have to differ with you on the donut opinion. I'm good with the workout part counting for today (listen up Catherine...Soosan is very wise), BUT...if one eats two donuts yesterday, I still believe you need another one on the current day. I think it has something to do with electrolyte balance or lymph renewel, or ...........}( }( }( }( }( }(

I was up doing treestand all night(preparation is everything)

Briee

Hey girlies! Briee, I hope your gang feels better soon. Offer some donuts...it cures all ;)

4 sets of 3 chins for me, and a pull-up. Then I did a few reps where I pulled all the way up and lowered down for a count of 10. I actually did a full body weight class the gym but it wasn't for me (aside from the instructor having the personality of a doorknob). Too beginner I guess, so I added the chins. Abs weren't bad though. Took spinning too.

Happy weekend & chinning girlies!

Debbie

*(Calvin): People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Hobbes): Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

Yay Deb!!! You are coming along nicely. Very impressed with 10 count negs on full chins. I try to do a slow neg on the last rep of each set and it's tough!! I am working back up and will hopefully soon be doing pullups again with my chins. Consistency is definately the key.

Hope everyone's doing well!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Man, you guys are sooooo strong! I'm dying to get back into the assisted reps but am worried about injury. What's an ecto to do???

Other than a lot of walking, I didn't work out in Baltimore and only played tennis yesterday. (At my level, it's not very challenging fitness-wise.) I did Bootcamp this morning which I haven't done in its entirety in a while. I've been a little slack with the core workouts these days so what's usually a breeze core-wise was more challenging than usual.

Briee, WTG on holding tree all night! I don't remember the details of the yogathalon. Is it kind of like those marathon dances from the 50's where you dance until someone taps you on the shoulder, except at the yogathalon you hold tree pose until you get tapped?

Bootcamp, thanks Soooooooooooosan. I was trying to decide what to do on Sunday and there you have it. I've been alternating total body routines. Now gonna do some circuits. Next,... I don't know. May try to ease back into P90X. Well, maybe not. Maybe by then we'll have the new workouts!!

Soooooooooooosan, I feel your frustration with injury. Did you have trouble with negatives? I can't remember.

Core workout?? What's that? LOL, I haven't done much core at all since my sciatica. Frankly, I am afraid to.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Catherine, I used to try to do one circuit a week. They're fun and challenge you in a different way. I was thinking of doing a circuit week this week too. I never used to be this spontaneous about my workouts. I almost always followed a strict rotation until a couple months ago. I guess working around my constant injuries since I started doing chins is the cause.

Yeah, I did have trouble with negatives. That's what started the whole injury thing for me.x( I don't blame you for being apprehensive about core work if it usually bothers your sciatica.

Soosan, that's where I'm at. (the part about being spontaneous and not following a strict rotation). I used to be SO strict with what I did and I think that's why I feel lost right now. I was doing well (briefly) on the P90X and then got into the triathlon messing with my workouts and now I'm back to being lost once again. This isn't good for me, makes me sloppy and too "feeling" oriented. (does that make sense).

One thing I learned from the pre tri biking/runs (which totaled 5 bikes and 3 short runs - that's pathetic) was that I REALLY love to bike and I want the exercise in the area of LEGS that biking gives. I caught a thread in OD about biking and twig legs...I could use a little twigginess right about now.

So now I want to know about spinning -Debbie-, what's it like and can it be done at home and how do i do this without going deep into debt for equipment etc. Can you do this on your own bike and get some kind of a unit to do this inside? Any advise would be appreciated and maybe if I get a chance I'll post this on OD.

Catherine, have fun at your health fair, what a great encouraging person to have for this...they better be thankful for you!!!!

Briee (Walmarts donuts are a little lacking but not too bad and you can get them on the discount rack - I know you wanted to know this right?)

Briee-I believe that you can buy a piece of equipment to make your bike an indoor bike. Check your local bike shop. I'm sure I have seen them there. I'm hoping the weather is going to be nice enough to be able to get on my bike tomorrow.

I did PUB yesterday so I'm sore today. I'll probably work on chins tomorrow. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate them?

It is cardio day so maybe a run or Imax.

Joanne

Joanne, thanks for the info. I just wonder how well they work. I want "hill" simulation for the interval effect. I'll check it out!!

I'M SUCH AN INCREDIBLE WIMP. I was sore the other day from HSC - I used to NEVER get sore from this (maybe it was the chins to follow, who knows). Point is....I haven't worked out since...have somewhat of a cold that I'm sure I caught from children. I have NOT eaten donuts. I know that two workouts in one day do NOT cover several days of laziness. I NEED A STRUCTURED ROTATION AGAIN.

I'm done ranting now....carry on chinners.

Briee

AND....it didn't even phase me when Joanne said that she hates chins (deep down I agreed with her, but I'll never admit it aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh).

More ranting done.

Briee (now I'm a wimp who openly admits to momentarily hating chins...I'm going to bed now before I have a complete breakdown) Night night.

If Miss 10-Pull-Ups Triathlete Briee is a wimp then what does that make me??? What's wimpier than a wimp? A wienie? A wuss?:p :p :p

You keep that whip crackin', Catherine!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.