(((((((((CHINORIFFIC)))))))))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Hey ladies! This morning I did STS disc 18 back and biceps. I am totally sucking at chinups and pullups right now :confused: I was able to increase my wt to 75% on most everything. Somethings even a bit more.

Lat pull down (blue band): 12
T pull (blue band): 12
Ys (blue band): 12

Pullups: 3/5 (+1 unassisted from last week)
Chinups (neutral grip): 3/4 (down 1 rep)
Chinups (reg grip): 5w/band
(the band asssisted were done with knee in band instead of foot and are much harder that way. I used my light band)

Cable Rows: 112# 12/10/8
TF set: 72# 25 reps
(subbed these for bb rows)

One-armed Horizontal Rows: 28.5# 12/10/8
TF set: 18.5 12

Seated Good Mornings: 4 sets of 16 with 20#
(subbed these for DLs)

BB Curls: 45# 12/10/7 (last rep was supposed to be 8)
TF set: 25# 12 reps (I was fried)

Seated Alt Curl DB: 18.5# 12/10/8 (again fried :confused:)
TF set: 12# 8 reps

Seated Concentration Curls: 20# 12/10/8 (had to spot a bit on this one)
TF set: 12 # 16 reps with spot on last 2

Morning Catherine! Nice workout! Don't worry the chin and pull numbers will come back.

BTW, I posted my workout this morning on the old thread.

Not sure what's next. Next week will probably be completely unstructured, kind of fly by the seat of my pants. Most likely I will play around with my KB that week(dying to try my new Amy DVD) while trying to decide what to do next.

Not sure what's next. Next week will probably be completely unstructured, kind of fly by the seat of my pants. Most likely I will play around with my KB that week(dying to try my new Amy DVD) while trying to decide what to do next.

That sounds perfect!!

Just out of curiosity, since my w/o card said I should do 25 pounds on my concentration curls, I decided to try it this afternoon. I did 12 reps with 25# with good form (although a spot x1 on the Left). Now, there was no freaking way I could do that this morning after all of that other work. This just proves to me that the 1 RM is not to be taken too seriously esp when it's late in the program ;)

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!!

I did some floor work this morning for the legs along with some abs. I did a mish-mosh of STS floor work with B&Gs. I used 2.5# leg wts and got a good burn. Thing is, I thought I had on 5 #:confused::p Anyway, there were a few things I couldn't (well could, but shouldn't) do-like the heel presses on the step. It felt good to do something. My biceps and back have some nice DOMS today. I hardly ever get bicep DOMS :eek: Love it!!

We are taking my mother to a buffet at Churchill Downs this afternoon to watch the horse races. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll hit the big one :D

Last edited:
Catherine - Love bicep DOMs as I rarely get it too!

Had a great Mother's Day and other than allowing myself some extra whole grain carbs my only cheat was some light ice cream, but then I felt ill after I ate it.:confused: Has my eating really gotten clean?:p

This week is my quasi rest week. I would take the week off completely, but have a wedding this weekend and want to keep the weight loss going till then.
Took everything I had though to get up and work out this morning. But I did Cardio & Weights staying with Cathe for somethings going a bit higher on others. Workout was 1 hour and burned 454 calories.

Hey Ladies- I didn't realize a new thread was started:eek: My workout calendar looks pathetic after taking off 3 days last week for the vertigo symptoms plus this whole weekend too. UGH!! Getting back on track this morning with the final plyo leg workout so I can "officially" complete STS. Then, I'm not sure what to do. Cathe recommends taking off a week from lifting so maybe I'll just concentrate on cardio & yoga.

Just out of curiosity, since my w/o card said I should do 25 pounds on my concentration curls, I decided to try it this afternoon. I did 12 reps with 25# with good form (although a spot x1 on the Left). Now, there was no freaking way I could do that this morning after all of that other work. This just proves to me that the 1 RM is not to be taken too seriously esp when it's late in the program ;)

Catherine- ITA!! There was no way I could lift some of my numbers once fatigue set in. I sure wish I had your biceps! My highest for concentration curls was 23# and it was a struggle. Funny thing is, I had to spot a few with my right arm but my left had no trouble:confused: Then when I did triceps, my left arm gave out before my right. Weird!

Linda- Did you have a nice Mother's Day? I'm hoping to get back to kettlebells now that STS is over. I missed them.

Hey Ladies- I didn't realize a new thread was started:eek: My workout calendar looks pathetic after taking off 3 days last week for the vertigo symptoms plus this whole weekend too. UGH!! Getting back on track this morning with the final plyo leg workout so I can "officially" complete STS. Then, I'm not sure what to do. Cathe recommends taking off a week from lifting so maybe I'll just concentrate on cardio & yoga.

Judi
- Sounds like you are feeling better, that's good to hear. I had a wonderful Mother's Day, thank you. I was gonna do Newport This morning but just didn't have it in me, probably would have if I had a 15# KB, just did not have the energy to swing the #20 Kb around this morning.

Catherine - Can KB workouts be done two days in a row?

Judi, glad you are feeling better. I hear ya on one arm hitting failure before the other. It's funny how one arm will be stronger on a certain exercise and then weaker on another. Have fun with Plyo Legs. I can not wait till I can do that again!!

Linda, most people say you can do KBs two days in a row as long as you weren't going heavy. I'd say just like anything else, just listen to your body.

Today will probably be a rest day for me. Tomorrow I will do some floor work again for the legs and abs. Wed it's back to upper body and STS!! Not looking forward to those double wave loads :confused:

Okay, I think I may have possibly had the worse workout out EVER this morning. I did Amy's KB Surge this morning. As soon as I started my low back started aching. :( I have no idea why?:confused: Also suffered a complete lack of energy.:( So between the back hurting and no energy, I just could not put any work into into it and believe me I tried, but nothing!:( Then partway into the workout I was doing jumping jacks and this pain, that I have NEVER experienced before, starts shooting across the outside of my right knee.:confused: WTH? :mad: Ugh, I am not exactly sure how managed not to just walk away from the workout and say the heck with it. But I didn't (probably because I am an idiot:p) Anyway, I did all five combos & surges and some of the stretch, workout was 1:03 and I burned...get this...about 500 calories :confused:(I burned well over 600, like 676, the both times I did this w/o previously:(:confused::mad:)

Okay, I think I am done whining now.:D

Linda, I don't know if you are highly committed or just need to be comitted :p Anyway, nice job. I hope your pains are gone and stay gone.

Well, I am not so comitted :( As my lower body turns to mush I came home with a headache. So no floor work for me. I will do my upper body STS tomorrow and do legs on Thursday.

Judi, have you worn your shirt yet??

Linda- Bummer about your workout. I always gauge my day based on how my workout goes and when I have a crappy one, it sets tone for the rest of the day.

Catherine- No, I haven't worn my t-shirt yet because the weather here has been too cold. I did try it on though and am glad I bought a size up. Which disc do you have on tap for tomorrow?

I did Amy Bento's In the Ring this morning and then treated myself to a 90 minute massage for completing STS. It hurt like hell....apparantely I am still knotted up:confused:

Catherine- No, I haven't worn my t-shirt yet because the weather here has been too cold. I did try it on though and am glad I bought a size up. Which disc do you have on tap for tomorrow?

I did Amy Bento's In the Ring this morning and then treated myself to a 90 minute massage for completing STS. It hurt like hell....apparantely I am still knotted up:confused:

Disc 19-time for double wave load :confused:

Good for you for getting a massage. Sounds like you needed it :(

Linda, I don't know if you are highly committed or just need to be comitted :p Anyway, nice job. I hope your pains are gone and stay gone.

Well, I am not so comitted :( As my lower body turns to mush I came home with a headache. So no floor work for me. I will do my upper body STS tomorrow and do legs on Thursday.

Judi, have you worn your shirt yet??

Catherine - LOL! I definitely think I need to be committed! :p Sounds like I tough workout on tap for tomorrow.

Linda- Bummer about your workout. I always gauge my day based on how my workout goes and when I have a crappy one, it sets tone for the rest of the day.

Judi - WTG on ITR and the massage. I had to cancel my massage on Friday, because I wasn't sure I was well enough.

Well, I did manage to get to bed earlier last night, so this morning was much better. Although my HRM monitor was wasn't working so DH & I wasted about 20 minutes fussing with that thing.:confused: Finally got it working.

This morning I did Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics and loved it. Really a fun workout. Stuck with a 20# KB all the way through for the first, especially since I did not preview the workout before hand. Still expereinced the pain on the outside of my right knee when doing jacks. Have no idea what that is about. Anyway workout was 1:06 minutes (skipped the abs & part of the stretch) and I burned 504 calories.

Well, I did manage to get to bed earlier last night, so this morning was much better. Although my HRM monitor was wasn't working so DH & I wasted about 20 minutes fussing with that thing.:confused: Finally got it working.

This morning I did Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics and loved it. Really a fun workout. Stuck with a 20# KB all the way through for the first, especially since I did not preview the workout before hand. Still expereinced the pain on the outside of my right knee when doing jacks. Have no idea what that is about. Anyway workout was 1:06 minutes (skipped the abs & part of the stretch) and I burned 504 calories.

Linda, you'd better be careful with that knee!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.