Chinny Check-in Nov 4th

JMFRANE

Cathlete
Hey Chinsters-

I was so confused with the new yoga check in :)

I've been working on my chins here and there. My arms have been sore from LIC and DM. I've been having such fun with the new workouts. I love them.

I have to start cleaning. We are having company tonight. It's my birthday today. I'm 48!

Joanne

Hey there, Joanne, I just happened to be passing by and saw that it's your birthday, so I wanted to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and make sure to get in some cake and cookies and chocolate and donuts and....well, it's your birthday, after all. Take advantage of it. :)

Joanne, I am late on this but wanted to still wish you a very happy birthday! I hope it was fun & yummy ;)

I haven't done chins in a while. I hope to get to them this week. So far I have done DM and really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to try bodymax2 next. It's so much fun playing with these new workouts, isn't it?

I hope you all have a warm & snuggly Sunday!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Was "lurking" as my check in group is obviously sleeping in!!

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful year I hope it is for you... Dream big!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOANNE!!!! Hope you had a great time with your company. I'm confused with the check-ins too and am not sure where to post.

Of the new workouts, so far I've done Drill Max, the cario portion of Body Max 2 and the Butts portion of Butts & Guts. I'll be doing "Guts" and power yoga today. My butt is definitely sore today! I'm glad I've been doing circuits and more endurance-type weight training - I feel better prepared. I've decided to get back into a rotation doing the following:

1: Upper Body
2: "Butts"
3: HIIT and Yoga
4: Power Yoga
5: Circuit
6: Cardio and Yoga

I'll do abs 3x/wk.

Sorry I haven't had time to post much, but I've been reading your posts and laughing at all the usual craziness.:7

LOL, I'm totally confused about the checkins, too, and like, I can't remember where I've posted what.

:*

Thanks everyone. I did have nice time with my friends last night.

I still haven't done Butts & Gutts. I was going to do it today but I think I may wait until tomorrow as it is a beautiful day to get outside. My arms feel good today so I am going to work on those chins.

Have a great Sunday!

Joanne

Catherine, for HIIT I usually do Imax 2 Blast Only premix, 6 intervals of one of the Imaxes, the KPC Cardio Conditioning premix or one of the 30-40 minute mish-moshes A-Jock suggested for me. Some of them might not be true HIIT, but they're short and intense interval training.

Joanne, glad you had a good time on your birthday. You're going to love Butts & Guts as an effective change of pace from other Cathe leg workouts.

We wound up going to Yorktown today so I did Bryan Kest #3 and the abs from LIC when we got back.

How's Yoga for Dummies these days, August? That might be a good one for Briee too.:)

Highly recommend it! Briee, if you need ANY info on it, please don't hesitate to ask. :* :* :*

Haven't been able to checkin in 2 days with too much "busy"ness, so I'm so sorry that I'm late to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOANNE!!!!! Glad it all went well and you got 2 cakes in!!!:9 :9 :9 Isn't it cool to be 48 and doing all your doing!! Love it!

Soosan....yoga for dummies sounds appropriately named for me x( x( x( . I've tried to analyze why I hate yoga so much, but I think it's all tied to my nature. I have a hard time sitting through church - just want to get up and DO SOMETHING. I almost NEVER sit to watch TV and when I do, I generally get up before the end cause I can't SIT THAT LONG. Yoga tries my patience to the very end - but I DO feel better when I've done it - does wonders for my neck. :7 :7 .

I just finished BM2. This was REALLY fun, great music, but I didn't get too winded. When I got to the 22 minute upperbody part, I subbed pullups. Did sets of 8, 6, 6, shoulderwidth pullups and then sets of 5, 5 chinups...making the total p/u,c/u 30. Gotta do these more - felt rusty. I then continued with heavy upperbody work chest and back. Finished with the rest. This was fun, but I think I like more HIIT type stuff. DM was MUCH more challenging. BUT I'm sure AJ can come up with some moshes to make BM2 INTENSE. (could be because it was my first time too).

Briee

We're not going to loose you to the yoga site are we Sooooooooooooosan??????? I promise to be yoga friendly if you stay!!! Cross my heart!! Did ya see those cute little squirrel pix that Michele posted last thread???? The dark one doing downward dog melted my heart - made me soften towards yoga - just a bit!!

Briee

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the squirrel pix. Thanks for posting them, Michelle! According to Rocky, there's a whole community of squirrel yogis. He's gone to several of their retreats (Shaki, the squirrel doing upward squirrel, runs one of the workshops). Rocky also owns the very popular "Yoga for Squirrels" and the more inclusive "Yoga for Rodents."

Even though I'm not currently working on chins, I'm here for the duration. I don't have time for more check-ins, so you guys are stuck with me. I know I talk about yoga a lot, but it really isn't the mainstay of my routine. If I have to let a workout go during the week, it's usually yoga. Briee, if flexibility training is something you're lacking and you're too energetic to sit still for very long, maybe you could just use yoga segments as add-ons, or even just do some more intense regular stretching. If I remember correctly, you're pretty flexible, though, aren't you?

I'll be doing BM2 UB some time between all my meetings today. My legs and butt are SO sore from doing Butts & Guts on Saturday. The soreness peaked last evening and has started to subside. I think the yoga I did yesterday helped.

I'll check back in some time later. Have a great day, everyone!

:)

Mornin' chinny chicas :) I am sore & tired this morning, oy. Worked out with hubby at the gym and had a great w/o. Did a 4.5 mi run (broke down like this: 10 min 6.5 mph, 10 min 7.0, 10 min 7.5 & then 10 min of alternating minute sprint walk intervals - started on 8.0 at 1.5 incline and increased by .1). It was great. Then we lifted heavy back, shoulders, biceps, abs. I'll finish my split on Tuesday after spin.

Today I'll probably get to the park with Aiden since it will be a tad warmer this week. I have a few mom's club events, too. We went to a potluck dinner on Saturday night and enjoyed ourselves. Yummy food!

Hope y'all have a great start to your week. TTYL!

ETA - it was not bright for me to try chinups after completely fatiguing my back. duhhhhh ;) Did manage 2 but will try more this week! D'oh!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Debbie. I love interval runs - need to do some more, but with winter comin I don't foresee many.

I just came up from doing LIC. I stopped when I got to the upperbody work and switched it on the menu to the lower body cardio mix (56 minutes) and added the abwork at the end. It was fun, but I still like "blastier" workout like the IMAX's, or DM. I wish I had a changer so I could mix more blasts together "efficiently".

I've decided to skip all the lighter Cathe endurance upperbody work and sub in heavy weight work for the next month. I'm already seeing results and "aching" in my upperbody again. I may throw in some P90X's - but primarily do my own. I see SO much more muscle when I do this. Being the ecto I am - it's needed!!

Have a great day chinners!

Briee

Good morning, Chinsters! Another busy day for me today but I plan to do BM2 cardio/power circuit. I did BM2 UB yesterday because I was time-crunched and wanted to check it out. I don't think it's much of a stand-alone UB workout, but okay if you're short on time or as part of BM2 as produced. What are the rest of you up to today?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.