((CHINNING IN THE NEW YEAR))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Good morning chinsters!! No chins in the new year yet, but they will come LOL!! I started the new year off with IMAX2. I have a bit of DOMS from yesterdays upper body workout.

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday and wish you health and happiness in 2009!!!

Okay, was out doing errands and last minute shopping for Christmas get together with DH's family on Saturday. Yup, it's not over yet!

This morning I did 4DS Double cardio. Think I burned 423 calories, can't remember?

Catherine, congratulations on the OHP with the 35#! WooHoo!:D:D:D

I am proud of myself today is day two of no sugar and I have the withdrawal headache to prove it!!!!:D:p:D:p:D:p

WTG Linda!! The withdrawl stuff sucks :confused: I did a bit better today, but not my best. Definitely need to work harder on eating better :eek:

Hello ladies!! This morning I did Lauren's kb w/o. Well part of it and then added round 1 and the TGU rounds from Newport. I used a light bell 8kg because I have a session with Katie tomorrow. But I really wanted to do some bells today :eek: I still have a bit of upper body DOMS from Wed w/o. What the heck is up with that :rolleyes:

I guess I should do some pullups,....I'll have to see about that later :D

Happy New Year Chinners!

I was recovering yesterday from too much fun on new years eve:eek: I wanted to do a kettlebell workout today but my traps are tight and sore so I'm taking another day off. I did iTrain#9 on my treadmill and burned 525 calories and 6.5 miles in an hour. I prefer CC but needed a change. Unfortunately now my hip is killing me and I'm icing:mad:

Linda~ Those withdrawl headaches are a pain but once you get past them, it gets easier. I'm not giving up sugar but I am giving up alcohol until I drop some poundage....and I'm not talking dumbbells:confused:

Catherine~ I still can't do TGU's with my 8kg bell:eek: I'm only up to a 10-12 pound dumbbell but hope to work up to my 8kg with lots of practice. Have a great session with Katie tomorrow.

I haven't started doing any serious chins or pulls yet but throw them in ocassionally......like when I walk past my bar on my way to the basement frig:confused:

JJ

Oh JJ I forgot to mention I did TGU with my 10# bell. That's because Katie won't let me go light :confused: I was doing them with 6kg bell one day and she called me on it. Made me use the 8 kg bell. That's as heavy as I can go and I can only do a few reps on each side then I get wobbly :eek:

I hope your hip is nothing serious!!!

Linda, how's the headache??

I really need to add some stretches in but can not get motivated to move again :rolleyes:

Ugh! Just back from the grocery store. It was packed!!!

This morning was the first time I did workout 3 of Phase 2 of TT for Abs and this workout included some lifting. I will have to admit it felt great to be pushing weights around again!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Superset A
Squats
12/12/12 - 85# ***These are suppose to be done w/ DB, but I don't like doing heavy squats that way, I also took this to parallel and a bit beyond:eek:**
1 Arm Standing Shoulder Press
8/8/8 - 25#

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 35's **These were tough after the squats:p****
Pullovers
12/12/12 - 40#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ feet on Stability Ball
12/12/12 - ***suppose to be 15/15/15, but couldn't quite make it:(****
X-Body Mountain Climber w/ feet on Stability Ball
10/10/10 per side
Plank on Stability Ball
30 sec. hold x 3

The interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds using Amy's ASC 1 Power ups, then the stretch from Amy's ASC 3. Total workout was 1:15 and I burned 559 calories.

JJ
- Hope the hip is okay

Catherine
- The headache is gone and I successfully resisted sugar today!:D Can a KB workout be done the day after a weight workout?

Okay I am sharing pictures over in the Maniac check in because I am trying to help Dally upload hers, so I figure I'd share them with you too!

Attachments

• phpI4zjMdPM.jpg
    phpI4zjMdPM.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF4148.jpg
    DSCF4148.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
Linda, I don't think you'll want to do a kb workout the day after that w/o if that's what you are asking ;) Nice w/o!!!! I am jealous. I hope to eventually get back to heavier lower body stuff- someday :eek: Anyway, I guess you should follow the rule of not overworking muscle groups. So I say (IMO) you could do kb after wt work if you did not exhaust the muscles. I am sure others may say different. I think it depends on how heavy you go and what moves you are doing. You could theoretically tack on a round or two of Anthony's dvds with a lighter bell and consider it more cardio. Am I talking in circles, because I feel like I am :confused:

I did some extra stretching this evening. I am really trying to work out some kinks in my lower body. I have such a weak posterior chain and tight hip flexors(kbs has helped some) it has messed up my squatting ability. I tend to pitch forward as I squat. So I am (with Ms Katie) working on correcting that. But damn it is taking sooooo long. I know I have to be patient with my body, but it just doesn't seem to cooperate:mad: Sorry to ramble.

Linda, what a beautiful family you have!! Your kids look just like you:)

Linda~

I totally agree with Catherine...you have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing the pics.

JJ

Thank you! Everyone tells me my kids look just like me. DS is shaping up to be a heartbreaker when he gets older...very tall, very handsome, and very out going! His 1st grade teacher says I will have all the girls calling my house.:eek:

This morning I did Amy's ASC 1 all the way through, then added Combo 1 & 2 ans Combined 1 & 2 from Amy's ASC 2. I also did the stretch from ASC 2. Workout was 1:05 and I burned 563 calories. Then I played around with my foam roller. I really beginning to love that thing!:D All this added stretching means I am going to have to start getting up even earlier when the kids go back to school, just hope I manage to stick with it, as I really do need the stretching.

Linda, I hear ya on the stretching! I have to make myself do it and I am tryig really hard to do extra. I have something called "the stick" that I use for myofacial release. It's similar what you do with a foam roller, but a bit different. I love it though.

I had a great session with Katied today. She declared it was time for suitcase deadlifts and brought me the 16 kg bells. So I did 2 sets if 12 with them. Now I have DL'd that much with a BB before, but IMO it's easer to hold a heavy BB than (2) 35# KBs :eek: Now my BUTT hurts:eek:

JJ, what's new with you girl? Are you still seeing Andrea??

Well, my hip is worse today...very stiff and hurts when I walk & bear weight on my right leg:mad: I had pain during my run yesterday but just put it out of my mind. Big mistake! I googled my symptoms and came up with hip buristis as a possibility although the pain is not in the joint but rather on the tip of my pelvic bone:confused: Anyhoo, I'm going to rest, ice and advil for a week and if its not better, I'll go see my sports med doc.

Catherine~ I haven't seen Andrea in a few weeks but was planning to start her class on Wed.:( I was wondering if you noticed any pain or soreness in your obliques with the weighted kb core work? I just wonder cuz the pain seems to include my obliques too.

Way to go on the suitcase deadlifts! I agree that is feels harder with 2 bells vs a barbell.

Linda~ I've never done any of Amy's workouts but hear a lot about them. Is she similar intensity-wise to Cathe? I have a love/hate relationship with my foam roller. Sometimes it really hurts to use it, especially on the IT band, but feels much better when your done.

We've got tickets to the Viking/Eagles game tomorrow so I hope I can walk better since the dome is quite a walk from any parking lots.

Have a good Saturday:)

JJ

JJ, sorry to hear your hip is still bothering you :( I hope it gets better soon.

KBs really do work the core good, don't they? I do feel it in my obliques, well all over the abs ;)

This morning I did 4ds BC cardio followed by the band seg of Stretch Max. I am making an extra effort to do more stretching. I have got to get my hip flexors and extensors (hammies) loosened up. Really, I am tight all over lol :eek:

No workout for me:( but my hip is feeling slightly better so hopefully I can forgo a doctor visit. I'm going to take this next week to do all my 1 rep max tests for upper body in hopes STS will be shipping soon.

We are heading to the Vikings vs Eagles game and I'm not looking forward to the long walk from the parking lot to the Dome in below zero temps:eek:

JJ

JJ, glad your hip is better. Where exactly does it hurt? Is it near the iliac crest? Maybe it's your hipflexor. I hope you enjoy the game!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.