Chinnin Checkin 11-9-06

briee

Cathlete
Hey chinners, chinner wannabees, and those with chins who could care less about chinnin. I have a question for ya before I go down to work out....is there somewhere on Cathe's site that gives the breakdowns for the PREMIXES (ie a menu for premixes). I have searched and can't find THEM!!

It would sure help if we could get a menu to see what these premixes consist of.....like scrambled eggs on BM2????? I want to know EXACTLY whats in it!!!

Have a great night!!!! I'm going down to do some form of cardio premix with BM2....I think, that or cardio fusion.:7 :7

Briee

Hey Chinnies! Where are all of you? I wasn't able to work out for the past two days so decided to try LIC to hit a bit of everything this morning. It was fun and her push-up variation was right up my difficulty-with-push-ups alley. I'll finish out the week with the rotation I posted the other day, maybe swapping days as needed. Sticking to rotations was a lot easier before I started working - and for the most part, it's only part-time. My hat is off to those of you who work full-time, volunteer in the community, take care of your families, and find the time to work out.

I began doing DM w/u and first 3 drills (mostly to determine if my class could do DM tonight - cardio fusion was a flop as the step was too entailed for them), then I put on BM2 cardio blast premix (skipped w/u) and did most of it so that my cardio total was 1 hour and 15 minutes. BM2 is REALLY fun - the music makes it. Then I did bicep work. That's that.

DM really doesn't have much "step" work - do you think newby's could handle doing this? (newby as in not used to step work). I may have to revert back to KPC tonight. Hard for me to do with all these new workouts!!!!

Briee

Hey gang!!!! I've had a crazy week. Fortunately it's over- I am off on Fridays ****YIPEEE*****

I did B&G for the first time today. Let me just say I am a lower body WOOOOOOOOSIE!!!! I think I need to start a check in LOL!! I really liked the standing work and abs. Not a big fan of the flor work. Really not sure it's needed either???

Briee, how's the knee? Do any more yoga moves on the chinup bar?

Soooooooooooosan, I think I do better with a rotation too. Right now I just can not decide what to do. Maybe I'll start one after vacation.

******* 10 days to Hawaii*******

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey gang. Just got back from class with the ladies - it's growing and makes it more fun!! We did BC and then a gazillion pushups and ab work in Taekwondo. I'm tired! It's only 9:34....can't go to bed yet!!! Been doing heavy weight work on 1-2 body parts per day (not any set rotation), but it was LOTS easier to do pushups tonight for some reason. Maybe I should run down and do chins (that's a big maybe)

Briee

MICHELE.....I forgot to thank you for that site1!!! I'm printing it off right now and posting it on my wall downstairs. VERY HELPFUL.

I'm sure you will need it too for all your cardio days!!

Briee

Hey Catherine! Glad you're off today. It's going to be in the 70's and sunny here in VA. Weird weather for November, but I'll take it. I'm playing tennis this morning. I thought B & G was a fun and different approach to Cathe's usual leg fare. I did the stability ball "guts" portion after LIC yesterday and liked that a lot too. I definitely need to get back to heavier weights though.

Briee, your class sounds like a lot of fun! How many people? Where do you do it? Does everyone do Tae Kwan Do afterward?

A woman who goes to my church had borrowed my MIS/PH/BM DVD for several months. She was really enjoying it so I told her to hold onto it for as long as she liked and that I'd ask her for it when I wanted it back. So yesterday I found a gift bag hanging from my front door with a fitness book, a brand new MIS DVD (she wanted to keep the one I had loaned her) and a nice note thanking me for sharing my DVD's and for my enthusiasm. She also told me she bought MM, GS Legs and S & H. Isn't that cool?

Soooooooooooosan, how nice of you to loan out your dvds!! But wow that was super nice of your friend to buy you a new one.
Another Cathe follower. Now I am sure you have her doing Yoga too LOL!!

The weather is supposed to beautiful here today too. I am getting ready to do Drill Max soon (after I finish my coffee). Not so sure about doing this the morning after doing B&G last night :eek: :eek: I may need help getting around later LOL!!

Briee, your classes do sound so fun. I wished we all lived close by so we could work out together. Wouldn't that be cool!!

Have a good day all!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif:o :eek:

Hiya beautiful chinning girlfriends!

You all rock with your routines, seriously :) Pass some of that motivation over here, please! I am going to attempt, ahem, attempt bodymax 2 when Aiden naps around lunchtime. Hopefully I have enough oomph for it. I will let you all know what I think!

Hugs! BBL!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Hey Chinsters-

My week has been crazy - I'm so glad the election is done for another two years.

I'm going to work on chins today if my arms aren't too sore. Sometimes they seem fine until I hang from that bar.

Soooosan-I have a Yoga question for you. Do you use a Yoga mat? Are Yogo mats specially made for Yoga? My feet slide a lot during Yoga. I've tried shoes on, bare feet, bare feet on carpet, bare feet on my puzzle mat that I normally work out on. They are always slipping. Maybe I need to spit on my feet :p

Joanne

Joanne, you definitely need a yoga mat to do yoga. They're called sticky mats and keep your feet from sliding all over the place. It's really difficult to do yoga without a mat. They are sold everywhere.

Catherine, let me know how you like Drill Max. It WOULD be fun to work out all together. Maybe one day, especially if there's another road trip.

Boybert, I've done the cardio segment and the UB segment of BM2 but haven't done the power circuit segment yet. I don't know if I'll ever want to do the whole thing at once. Maybe during a week where I've been too busy otherwise to work out much and have a chunk of time one day. Have fun and let us know what you think!

Deb, good luck with BM2!! It's a doosy. I am used to only working out for 50-60 mins. So these long workouts are a challenge for me. I will probably break them up some. But wanted to do them as is a few times.

Joanne, Oh I bet you have had a stressful week. Cheers to the election being over!! How ya doing on chins??

Soooooooooooosan, I really like DM. But WOW after doing B&G last night and DM this am **YOWSA** I forgot that mine skips the step part of the drill segment in drill #6. Here I was going along and Boom WTH!! Oh well, still a good workout. I have difficulty with the pushups- really all of them. I have let that slack a bit. But lots of trouble with the core push ups where you bring your knee in. I don't have the hip flexor flexibility to do that. I am sure you do though ;-) Oh I also felt like I was gonna hit myself in the face in the squat, curl, overhead press segment with 10# dumbells. The movement was just too fast for me. Did much better with 8. But felt like a weenie :+

Hope everyone's having a good day!
Catherine

Catherine....you are NOT a weenie!!

Joanne, Yes you ABSOLUTELY need a yoga mat, imperative. BUT most importantly you must speeeeeeek wiiiizzzzeeee auccccksaaauuuunt and breeeeeeeeze throoooooooooowwwwwwwttt. (I think the real reason I can't do yoga is my lack of seriousness. Yoga instructors are very serious, but if you ever saw me do yoga...you'd be laughing).

I did BM2 w/u, #2 step, all circuits, and abs. Then did heavy squats and plies. Catherine....BM2 has such fun music that it just flies by, doesn't seem like it takes a whole 90 min, when I did it before - you'll love it. When do we leave for Hawaii - I've got to start packing.

Briee

Briee, you crack me up!! love the auccccksaaaauuuunt!! Hawaii in just 9 Days !!! A week from Sunday, we leave really early so be ready girls. Wouldn't want any of you all to miss the plane.

I really am a lower body weenie!! I hate working lower body. But I love upper body. I think that's because that's where I see the best results. But hmmmmmmmm, maybe it's cause I don't push myself hard enough on lower body to see results????

I am enjoying the new workouts. I just can not wait for the replacements so I don't have to deal with the skipping etc. I am so into a workout and all the sudden it skips a section and I am so disappointed. But it's only brief and then I am back to @#$$#%%!!! Saying bad words at Cathe LOL!!

Catherine

Hi girlies. I know my take on workouts isn't the last word but I do like to give you my opinion even if it helps you get through the workout with more knowledge.

Well, I'm proud to say not a dry spot was left on me after this workout. Cathe did change for the upper body segment but I wanted to suffer in my sweat pool. mwahahaha. Nah, I just didn't care enough to change ;) You will burn serious calories in this workout, for sure.

I have to say the first step segment (first 25 min or so) went by so fast. I am an 80s music girl at heart so I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was some traditional moves again mixed with a few snappy things thrown in. I stumbled a wee bit here and there but picked it up pretty fast. One of my favorties was hand to opposite inner foot and then turn back around into a lunge. Maybe it was because Jesse's Girl was playing. I swear I never loved doing lunges so much in my life...and I despise lunges. I mean, I love how they work, but they kill me. She does a lot of around the world type stuff, but she adds propulsion that kills you. Some moves are not fancy but damn they work. Another favorite was the low skaters off the step in side to side lunge position. Those kick your booty, literally.

On to the power circuits. Sweet crap, they were all challenging, but some more noticeably pounded me. I found the wide lunges mixed with the power 15s (or whatever the hell count she was on..) was super hard. Also the plyo jacks into air jacks into hop forward and back. Holy crap. The weighted leg work is pretty standard but creeps up on you as she changes the count from 2-2, 3-1, low ends to low for god knows how long. She only uses 10s (for lunging) I think (maybe lighter) and you start to think it's nothing but wait, just wait. A really cool think she does with static lunge is pulls your leg back into a squat on the step before going to a lunge behind. She uses a 35lb barbell for plies and squats. With the pace I don't recommend more. Again some cool functional stuff.

On to upper body. Well, if you aren't in a sweat induced coma here, more fun to come. I love how much she incorporates the ball because it really adds that stability challenge. The heaviest she uses is 15s and I don't recommend more right away unless you want to fall over and kill yourself. Save heavy training for her other stuff and/or the gym. You will feel it. Some notable things I remember are the decline pushups (feet on ball, hands on ground) that were super hard b/c of how tired you are. Love the wide pushups, too. Also she does tri dips gripping the 5lbers on the floor with one leg in the air. 32 each side.
EEEEK!

Abs, straighforward, works really well. Nothing fancy shmancy, unless you count the side planks (with arm extended and feet stacked) and then lifting your leg for a beautiful snow angel picture. If you can hold longer, you may want to go on someone's front lawn and be a decoration. Seriously.

Okay, so this workout is great. I really enjoy how Cathe's incorporating functional fitness into this whole series. It is a fantastic mix up to everything else she has done...and the premixes are never ending.

Okay, I have talked forever, but I do hope this helps some.

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

bumpin' this baby up top ;)

Debbie

--Ellen Degeneres

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.